Home
FIFA 16 News Post

The trial version of FIFA 16 is available now for EA Access subscribers, weighing in at 21.84 GB. To start the download process, open up the EA Access hub, scroll over to FIFA 16, click View in Store and download the trial.

NOTE: If you don’t see FIFA 16 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!

REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 RoyceDa59 @ 09/18/15 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTimmyJim
This game is SO good. I bought PES with the intention of playing both. Now I know full and well that won't happen.

The tweaks to pace and the passing system are amazing. No more pinpoint blind passing! Computer teams playing varying styles of soccer? I am dreaming.
Can't wait until Tuesday to pick this up a lot of good impressions!

# 162 guayo10 @ 09/18/15 11:52 AM
For those that have played online matches (non FUT or clubs), so basically friendlies and seasons, does stamina matter?

# 163 VTPack919 @ 09/18/15 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guayo10
For those that have played online matches (non FUT or clubs), so basically friendlies and seasons, does stamina matter?
Yes, even moreso this year. Do NOT hold down the turbo button unnecessarily or you will be paying for it.

# 164 ZoneBlitz @ 09/18/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
Yes, even moreso this year. Do NOT hold down the turbo button unnecessarily or you will be paying for it.
Ok. But when should you hold it down? How else do you keep up? I have to use it when the CPU keeps passing the ball around.

In fact, any defensive tips would be helpful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

# 165 guayo10 @ 09/18/15 12:15 PM
Quote:
Thanks, hopefully they don't patch it up. Hated that people could full out press for 90 minutes and still have the stamina to sprint away in the 95th for a winner.

# 166 ZoneBlitz @ 09/18/15 12:16 PM
Quote:
Thanks, hopefully they don't patch it up. Hated that people could full out press for 90 minutes and still have the stamina to sprint away in the 95th for a winner.
How do you play defense without holding down turbo?

Tips, please. Thanks.

# 167 kaletore11 @ 09/18/15 12:19 PM
Hold your formation, try to predict where the ball will go and close the passing lanes. Just chasing after the guy with the ball doesn't work this year.

# 168 orion523 @ 09/18/15 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Ok. But when should you hold it down? How else do you keep up? I have to use it when the CPU keeps passing the ball around.

In fact, any defensive tips would be helpful.

In FIFA, I think you have to look at it as defending space until the opportunity arises to close down a man. By doing this, you can methodically force the CPU into making bad decisions. Constantly chasing will not work, as a matter of fact it'll get you killed as the game wears on. I know this description is pretty vague and I apologize, but I can't think of a better way to describe it.

# 169 ZoneBlitz @ 09/18/15 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
In FIFA, I think you have to look at it as defending space until the opportunity arises to close down a man. By doing this, you can methodically force the CPU into making bad decisions. Constantly chasing will not work, as a matter of fact it'll get you killed as the game wears on. I know this description is pretty vague and I apologize, but I can't think of a better way to describe it.
This does help. Thanks for the insight.

# 170 ZoneBlitz @ 09/18/15 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaletore11
Hold your formation, try to predict where the ball will go and close the passing lanes. Just chasing after the guy with the ball doesn't work this year.
Ok. I will start trying to do this in the demo for practice. Thanks so much.

# 171 grizzlies317 @ 09/18/15 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmain
Is the AI in pro clubs now programmed to pass as soon as they get it no matter what the situation is?

The AI is making this mode unplayable in this version.
I think the bigger problem is that humans are programmed to call for a pass as soon as the AI gets the ball.

# 172 room112 @ 09/18/15 12:22 PM
Quote:

Tips, please. Thanks.

For me, anyway, it's all about spacing, passing lanes and player switching. You might notice on TV, when teams are defending in numbers, they'll organize in two rows of 4 (or something similar) to pressure the ball handler and watch passing lanes. I try to do the same thing in the game and it helps.

# 173 guayo10 @ 09/18/15 12:24 PM
Quote:

Tips, please. Thanks.

Simeone says his method to defend is pressure where it counts, they can't score from their own end. You pressure and pressure on your half/final 3rd of your field. If they score a wonder goal so be it, but as long as you defend your final 3rd you will create turnovers and counters.

# 174 ZoneBlitz @ 09/18/15 12:25 PM
Quote:
Simeone says his method to defend is pressure where it counts, they can't score from their own end. You pressure and pressure on your half/final 3rd of your field. If they score a wonder goal so be it, but as long as you defend your final 3rd you will create turnovers and counters.
Thanks. This is good information for me.

# 175 Resurrection403 @ 09/18/15 12:40 PM
playing the demo i agree to stop chasing. let the cpu make mistakes. it will happen. sometimes they will score, so be it.

i hated to listen to that advice at 1st. i was like, 'forget this, dont tell me how to play'. but honestly its so much better and it better represents real football. defend gaps and space and pressure only when smart. the cpu will make mistakes just like a person does.

# 176 Onlyfutbol86 @ 09/18/15 12:56 PM
So how is the accuracy of the rosters? Anyone notice anything way off with the major leagues? I assume there will probably be a roster update within first week or so of release, just curious. Thanks.

# 177 Altimus @ 09/18/15 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyfutbol86
So how is the accuracy of the rosters? Anyone notice anything way off with the major leagues? I assume there will probably be a roster update within first week or so of release, just curious. Thanks.
EA does a good job of keeping rosters up to date - there was already match day rosters current to today.

# 178 Onlyfutbol86 @ 09/18/15 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
EA does a good job of keeping rosters up to date - there was already match day rosters current to today.
Right, I just meant is there any notable transfers that aren't updated as of now on early access...I was thinking if the BPL rosters look pretty accurate with youth and transfers done then I might start the career mode now rather than waiting for any updates in a week or two.

# 179 Zac @ 09/18/15 01:10 PM
Quote:
Right, I just meant is there any notable transfers that aren't updated as of now on early access...I was thinking if the BPL rosters look pretty accurate with youth and transfers done then I might start the career mode now rather than waiting for any updates in a week or two.
No, rosters are accurate as long as you download the latest when starting the career.

# 180 Altimus @ 09/18/15 01:19 PM
Quote:
Youth players are in there, the ratings could use some tweaking though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.