Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

One of my favorite modes in Madden 15 was "The Gauntlet," a mode designed like a ladder mode in an arcade game to assess all of your Madden skills. The mode was pretty innovative, while at the same time reminding players of previous skills trainers, Madden mini-games and the mobile Backbreaker titles.

The Gauntlet returns, er, "strikes back" this year with some new additions. It is still a fun way to spend a few minutes, but it can often be as frustrating as it is addictive.

Read More - The Gauntlet Strikes Back in Madden NFL 16

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BleedGreen710 @ 09/17/15 10:56 AM
i enjoy gauntlet mode sometimes i play it when i want to play but dont feel like investing the time into a franchise mode game. my highest is level 33. it can be incredibly frustrating though especially the run plays that require you to cross through a certain point on the field. if the lineman dont make good blocks (completely out of your control) the defenders swarm you before you can even get there.

# 2 NYJin2011tm @ 09/17/15 11:30 AM
I liked the trainer but the gauntlet I found silly.

# 3 BleedGreen710 @ 09/17/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I liked the trainer but the gauntlet I found silly.
its supposed to be silly!

# 4 skitzy129 @ 09/17/15 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
its supposed to be silly!
Not really. It's silly in that it's dumb and random. Not silly fun. There are too many random variables out of your control when trying to seriously go as high as you can.

# 5 snc237 @ 09/17/15 05:01 PM
I like it but still want mini camp back. That was good

# 6 number1thumbs @ 09/17/15 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzy129
Not really. It's silly in that it's dumb and random. Not silly fun. There are too many random variables out of your control when trying to seriously go as high as you can.
i agree. That field goal in a hurricane really gets old

# 7 Cnada @ 09/17/15 07:57 PM
Better than the crossing wind Kick, havent figured it out yet

High Score 34, must finish it!

Anyone have?

# 8 IlluminatusUIUC @ 09/17/15 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
i enjoy gauntlet mode sometimes i play it when i want to play but dont feel like investing the time into a franchise mode game. my highest is level 33. it can be incredibly frustrating though especially the run plays that require you to cross through a certain point on the field. if the lineman dont make good blocks (completely out of your control) the defenders swarm you before you can even get there.
Yeah, the ones that make me insane are the ones where you have to throw a route combo and get a completion - but the random number god decides this is the time your QB is going to sail the football. Doh!

# 9 therealsmallville @ 09/18/15 12:20 PM
I really enjoyed this on M15, but I could never get any higher than 23. I'll be trying this new one tonight. Been too busy with franchise & Draft Champions.

# 10 BleedGreen710 @ 09/19/15 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
Better than the crossing wind Kick, havent figured it out yet
that one gave me so much trouble until i figured out how to easily beat it everytime

just change the camera angle so u can better see the kicking arc/uprights. you will make it everytime

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.