Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 point guards in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

UPDATE: Mike Stauffer is posting more point guard ratings on his Twitter feed, here they are below.
  • Tony Parker - (Overall Rating - 83)
  • Eric Bledsoe - (Overall Rating - 82)
  • Kemba Walker - (Overall Rating - 81)
  • Goran Dragić - (Overall Rating - 81)
  • Ty Lawson - (Overall Rating - 81)
  • Brandon Jennings - (Overall Rating - 80)
  • Jrue Holiday - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Darren Collison - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Deron Williams - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Reggie Jackson - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • George Hill - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • D'Angelo Russell - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Ricky Rubio - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Michael Carter Williams - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Rajon Rondo - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Dennis Schröder - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Mo Williams - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Elfrid Payton - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Patrick Beverley - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Jarrett Jack - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Emmanuel Mudiay - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Beno Udrih - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Jordan Clarkson - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Jeremy Lin - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Cory Joseph - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Marcus Smart - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Patty Mills - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • D.J. Augustin - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Zach LaVine - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Greivis Vasquez - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Mario Chalmers - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Norris Cole - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Kirk Hinrich - (Overall Rating - 71)
  • Delon Wright - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Matthew Dellavedova - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Jerian Grant - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Tyus Jones - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Terry Rozier - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Jimmer Fredette - (Overall Rating - 67)
Previously confirmed NBA 2K16 player ratings: (Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot)

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 stillfeelme @ 09/17/15 02:41 PM
Can't be mad with the top 10 seems about right. I could argue that Rose could be lower based off last season but whatever.

Westbrook: Arguably the best athlete at the PG position in history kind of crazy when you think about it. Speed, vertical, acceleration, stamina, dunking in traffic his defense is pretty good too. However his shooting isn't great and decision making isn't high despite having high assist numbers and he turns the ball over a ton. He gets tunnel vision at times

Paul: Probably the most complete guard of the list, shooting, defense, coach on the floor, passing despite being on the smaller in stature side. He isn't going to finish like Westbrook or turn on the jets like him but he gets it done. One of the best passers.

Curry: Probably the best shoot off the dribble shooter in NBA history. Really a great finisher in the lane without dunking. Slept on defensive ability has improved a ton from say two years ago but I would say is average on that end. Really good pass vision but gets a little fancy at times and it leads to T.O.'s. He has whole gym range

# 42 yonly1ME @ 09/17/15 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I'm confused to the guys complaining about last season stats and things like that because I thought 2k was basing these overalls and ratings from a HOF scale, so basically shouldn't we be comparing these players to how close they are to the HOF greats?

Now my only problem with how they did this is they should have released the players they used to set that HOF scales ratings so we could look and base these current player ratings off of that scale to say "ok these ratings make more sense now", instead of "this player was a beast last year in the playoffs why is his rating so low".
They did, but also they said that they will take into account a player's last three/four seasons with the most recent season weighing the most and stack that up against the all-time greats in their best season for said categories.

# 43 Eat_hits @ 09/17/15 02:43 PM
These rating are compared to the greatest players in history right? Well how is steph a 93 vs all the legends in history and lebron is only a 94..

Lebron in my opinion is the greatest SF ever so even if it's by position he should be at-least 96+. Curry being rated a 93 vs Lebron being a 94 and Paul being a 90 is kinda weird. Considering the new rating system.

With Paul being the best Point guard(By definition -passer, defender, decent shooter from 3 and one of the best midrange games) you would think he would be the highest rated. Maybe Curry's shooting put him over the top? I don't know..I guess. Good list tho, I was just wondering the logic they used for the ratings.

# 44 24ct @ 09/17/15 02:44 PM
Lol. Kobe is an 85. Didn't even play a full season in 2 years.

Rose is 84 and played 85% of the season and helped the bulls to the 2nd round.

Not really that much difference in ratings but that's clearly in house Kobe love.

And Westbrook is definitely a top 3. That's just crazy to say he's not.
Lead the L in scoring. Top rebounding PG. Top 10 in assists.

# 45 DC @ 09/17/15 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk.93
Bledsoe and Rubio too
Rubio's name has no business anywhere near this thread

# 46 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/17/15 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonly1ME
They did, but also they said that they will take into account a player's last three/four seasons with the most recent season weighing the most and stack that up against the all-time greats in their best season for said categories.

People always forget this important nugget

# 47 cthurt @ 09/17/15 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonly1ME

Oh ok thanks didn't know that bit of info, but with that said seems like something that didn't really need to be touched.

# 48 Mauer4MVP @ 09/17/15 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Lol. Kobe is an 85. Didn't even play a full season in 2 years.

Rose is 84 and played 85% of the season and helped the bulls to the 2nd round.

Not really that much difference in ratings but that's clearly in house Kobe love.
Actually Rose played in 67% of last season and he wasn't that great.

# 49 HowDareI @ 09/17/15 02:56 PM
Call me salty, because I am lol, but I'd take Tony Wroten over D Rose any time. Put up basically the same numbers last season but Wroten's a 75 because he got injured? Isn't that ALL D Rose has been the past 3 years?...

But I digress, other than that rating I agree with all of them. I definitely put Wall over Kyrie as a true point tho...and I still think overall no one's "better" than CP3.

# 50 CEOHaize @ 09/17/15 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC

Total agreement there

# 51 dirk.93 @ 09/17/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Look what I've written before that post

# 52 Eat_hits @ 09/17/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
Lol... thats something people who don't watch them play would say.

Steph improved tremdously on defense. In fact, most advanced metrics have him as the best defensive point guard last year.

Putting CP3 over him? I can see an argument for that.

Russ? Not a chance. People are slobbering all over him because he had some triple doubles.... that were horribly inefficient... and he put up in LOSSES.

Russ is really overrated by most fans now. He's a top 5 athlete. And his skillset is of an all star caliber. But his decision making is literally the worst of every starting point guard in the league. His attitude and hot headedness is childish. And defensively his athleticism and quick hands covers up how awful he truly is. He's constantly being caught out of position and he reaches far too often.

Russ isn't a top 3 point guard. I will happily argue with ANYONE that Mike Conley is a more effective PG. I would even go as far as to make an argument for Wall > Westbrick

Regardless. CP3 and SC30 are top 2. After that you could debate all day.

But hey. Overall doesn't matter anyway. It means nothing. Or so I'm told.
Well we all know that Klay and iggy did most of the defending of the top point guards to get steph rest or when players like CP3, Kyrie, etc would get going on steph. Those metrics don't really take the fact that klay or iggy would guard a guy most of the night, with steph guarding them a couple times when they are tired from working so hard from iggy and klay guarding them. And of course the great TEAM defense.
Steph is much improved (He actually tries now) but those stats get bloviated. He's not a average defender. I would say He's right on the line of a just barely average defender.

You're right tho it means nothing.

# 53 LiquidGotti @ 09/17/15 03:03 PM
If Curry is a 93, there is no way Lebron can just be a 94

# 54 Mickeyknoxx @ 09/17/15 03:10 PM
I'm not sure about one thing into this HOF approach to Ratings. People are comparing Lebron 94 and Curry 93 ratings. I Think this is only according to last season, ok ?

When they put Rodman 99 OFF REB. Is this to all Rodmans in any given year in a Classic team ? Or Is It The Rodman in the Best Year of his Carrer ?

This Being Said, I think we have 5 or Jordans in The game... They are not all 99, the rookie Jordan must be miles away from the 90's Jordan. Am i right ?

# 55 sticks323 @ 09/17/15 03:13 PM
I don't think Rose is better than Lowry and Teague. Glad to see Mike Conley up there.

# 56 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/17/15 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks323
I don't think Rose is better than Lowry and Teague. Glad to see Mike Conley up there.

I'll take Rose over both of them

# 57 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/17/15 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Call me salty, because I am lol, but I'd take Tony Wroten over D Rose any time. Put up basically the same numbers last season but Wroten's a 75 because he got injured? Isn't that ALL D Rose has been the past 3 years?...

But I digress, other than that rating I agree with all of them. I definitely put Wall over Kyrie as a true point tho...and I still think overall no one's "better" than CP3.

Yeaaaaaa I'm s Wrotten Fan but he's way more reckless and a worse shooter than Rose

# 58 dirk.93 @ 09/17/15 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks323
Tony Parker is also better

# 59 rudeworld @ 09/17/15 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerPride
Just one point. I'd understand if it was 3-4
It will be more... simply he will have to do more this season with departure of LaMarcus Aldridge to the spurs. Where Connelly will continue to be the 3rd option on the Grizzlies.

# 60 8KB24 @ 09/17/15 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk.93
Tony Parker is also better
Erm...wouldn't put him up there wth Teague and Conley. Probably 80-81 rated PG.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.