Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 point guards in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

UPDATE: Mike Stauffer is posting more point guard ratings on his Twitter feed, here they are below.
  • Tony Parker - (Overall Rating - 83)
  • Eric Bledsoe - (Overall Rating - 82)
  • Kemba Walker - (Overall Rating - 81)
  • Goran Dragić - (Overall Rating - 81)
  • Ty Lawson - (Overall Rating - 81)
  • Brandon Jennings - (Overall Rating - 80)
  • Jrue Holiday - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Darren Collison - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Deron Williams - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Reggie Jackson - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • George Hill - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • D'Angelo Russell - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Ricky Rubio - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Michael Carter Williams - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Rajon Rondo - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Dennis Schröder - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Mo Williams - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Elfrid Payton - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Patrick Beverley - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Jarrett Jack - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Emmanuel Mudiay - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Beno Udrih - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Jordan Clarkson - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Jeremy Lin - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Cory Joseph - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Marcus Smart - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Patty Mills - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • D.J. Augustin - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Zach LaVine - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Greivis Vasquez - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Mario Chalmers - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Norris Cole - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Kirk Hinrich - (Overall Rating - 71)
  • Delon Wright - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Matthew Dellavedova - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Jerian Grant - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Tyus Jones - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Terry Rozier - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Jimmer Fredette - (Overall Rating - 67)
Previously confirmed NBA 2K16 player ratings: (Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot)

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Number999 @ 09/17/15 06:18 PM
Rose was awful last year and he's an 84... ehh, guess he's still riding the injury recovery hope train. As people have said so many times let's see the individual ratings first before we criticize him so I'll hold off.

As for the other ratings can't see anything I disagree with. Steph's always gonna get an extra boost considering his team just won the Championship and he's one of the faces of the game.

# 102 Crea8vity @ 09/17/15 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
But we're not talking about 2011. We're talking about current day. Rose has done nothing to prove that he is anywhere near that level.
Lol. He had 2 major knee surgeries, another small/not as major surgery in February, you just expect him to come back into 2011 form like that?

I say this past season was for him to get his rhythm back somewhat but he was still limited by smaller injuries, and I think this year he will be mentally ready and prove that he is a top 5 PG.

# 103 eko718 @ 09/17/15 06:20 PM
81 seems conservative for Dragic. I will reserve judgement till I see the ratings in detail though.

# 104 seanbarkley @ 09/17/15 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk.93
Tony Parker is also better

Have you seen today's game?? They better put Pau Gasol in the top 10 of centers or I'll cancel my preorder!![emoji12]

Spanish pride!!! [emoji123]🏻

# 105 eko718 @ 09/17/15 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I actually really like the list point guard wise, Curry is a little high but that's expected. Chris Paul should be equal or better, but it's whatever.

The only think I have a problem with is Curry only one point behind LeBron and ahead of KD.. I guess in reality it's not a big deal since ratings are position based, but it's still overrating him as a player despite winning the MVP award.
I agree that Curry at 93 seems high; it seemed high on the last update in 2K15 as well and digging into those ratings, they were very generous with him in certain areas.

# 106 Blackhail92 @ 09/17/15 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
He could be a lot more efficient for one. His box score stats are sexy on a casual glance but his actual scoring is just league average efficiency on extremely high volume and has been that way his whole career.

I would think the second highest SG would be Klay. Maybe somewhere around 87 or 86. Maybe Jimmy Butler. I expect a larger gap between the #1 and #2 spots at SG with Harden at 91 or 92.

I would absolutely have both Leonard and PG higher than Melo, who's also a mediocre efficiency, low defense player. Certainly Leonard. One can argue about downgrading PG for injuries but the same can be said for Melo, especially with Melo's seeming age/usage related.
I respectfully disagree. If AI can get away with shooting 42 percent at times then Westbrook can as well considering he averaged 7 rebounds and 9 assist as well. Since it's an OVR rating I was hoping westbrooks all around game would be respected enough to give him a 90 plus. Not really a big deal to me. I just don't see how he can ever make the 90 club now considering what he did last year. Before that triple dub run he was flirting with triple doubles for many games prior.

As for the melo, PG and Leonard argument again I disagree respectfully. Leonard is a great defender and rebounder but saying he is better than melo is disrespectful Imo. On one knee I believe melo had 24 7 and 3 which would be good for 5th in the league in scoring. PG came back and stunk it up(rusty I know).His drop would be semi warranted. I would take a scorer who can't defend for his life over a defender who can't score for his life any day.(not saying Leonard can't score just an emphasis on defensive players)

# 107 Kese86 @ 09/17/15 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
Russ isn't a top 3 point guard. I will happily argue with ANYONE that Mike Conley is a more effective PG. I would even go as far as to make an argument for Wall > Westbrick.
I'm sorry but if Memphis called OKC and offered Conley for Westbrook, OKC would laugh and hang up. When comparing players, think about it in those terms and usually you'll get your answer as to who's better. Conley is a solid PG but not better than Russ at all.

# 108 eko718 @ 09/17/15 06:32 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure I agree with Kemba being 1 point below Bledsoe and on par with Dragic.

But it's not a big deal. So far so good.
Yes, that is very, very questionable. Dragic is a higher tier PG than Kemba generally.

# 109 Tybudd @ 09/17/15 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Damian went into a big slump during the second half of the season, hence the low averages. Everybody wants to say he is over rated now that he had a rough half year. His finishing at the rim improved dramatically last year. During the first 3 months of the season Damian had the second highest effective FG % amongst PG's (behind curry, obviously).

He takes tougher shots and, in the offense he is in, shoots more jumpers and shoulders more of a load on the offensive end then Conley had to.

I agree that he needs to improve his D and consistency, but he is still one of the most lethal scorers in the game.
Couldn't be more right

# 110 Tybudd @ 09/17/15 06:43 PM
U realize how much of a difference is 3 overall points in the same position, Steph is going to be a cheesefest.

how is it possible that he'd be that much better than Westbrook?

# 111 TGsoGood @ 09/17/15 06:46 PM
It has been my experience that if you change Westbrook to a SG his overall rating goes up.

I don't understand why some get so bothered by ratings. Are you guys online players? I can understand if that is the case as you have to use the 2K rosters in online exhibition games.

I'm more of an offline MyLeague/ Association guy. In any case, just edit the ratings to your liking.

# 112 nmeurett @ 09/17/15 06:58 PM
No Michael Carter Williams? How is he rated worse then a 76...

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

# 113 BenTheBrickWall @ 09/17/15 07:13 PM
Steph deserves to be #1. Not-complete, overrated, or whatever he was the MVP. Some debate about CP3 and Westbrook, but idc either way. Rose doesn't deserve an 84 tho if Kobe is an 85. I have no problem with Rose at an 84, but once he's lower than Bryant who hasn't played in forever, then I have a problem.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

# 114 Rain723 @ 09/17/15 07:13 PM
Lol @ all the ppl here hating on D. Rose. The dude had bad luck with injuries and played his first real season after missing basically 2 years of action. Naturally he struggled this year. But he still showed flashes of the old MVP Rose and I expect him to build on that with some consistency. By the time the playoffs came around he was showing that he's still a force in the league. I can see that rating moving up to the high 80's by the end of the season.

And are there ppl really comparing him to TONY WROTEN?? Really??? You can't be serious. I can't even take you serious as a basketball fan

# 115 Rain723 @ 09/17/15 07:16 PM
Ppl claiming that Kyrie should be rated higher are just casual fans of the sport who don't really know much about the game. They just go off his highlights and nice handles. Dude isn't really a good passer, isn't a good athlete either, and is a below average defender. But he has sick handles and a deadly jumper. If anything, he's OVERRATED. He's a poor man's Steph Curry.

# 116 Kese86 @ 09/17/15 07:19 PM
Quote:
Yeah that's not the way it works though.

Conley & Wall > Westbrick

Uber athleticism and a great skillset combined with horrible inefficient play, historically high usage, terrible decision making, lackluster defense and losing games does not = top 3 PG in my book.
Wow where do I start? It actually does work like that amongst GMs that want to keep their job. Successful teams make trades to upgrade talent. No GM worth his salt would accept a trade of Conley for Westbrook. Also, he's been to the Finals so he does win, and he affects the game many more ways than Conley can on both ends of the floor.

# 117 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/17/15 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmeurett
No Michael Carter Williams? How is he rated worse then a 76...

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

He's terrible

# 118 Syco_G @ 09/17/15 07:26 PM
Quote:
Iverson is an overrated inefficient chucker. The last person anyone should want to be compared to is Iverson.

And your love for Melo > Kawhi. Only shows you really love high volume inefficient scorers.

Each to their own I guess.
How exactly does guys like Carmelo get tagged as high volume chuckers when they average the same amount of shots PG as Lebron and KD while only shoting slightly worse.

Yes Carmelo takes some worst shots than those 2 but he is far an inefficient chucker

# 119 Lord Bonium @ 09/17/15 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GudStuffzz
I think Russ's rating is just right tbh. Sure, he put up hella triple doubles and monster stats but the dude's usage rate was insanely high. Also, didn't his team lose more games than win during that stretch? As much as I love Curry, i'd probably drop him to a 90.
No they actually won more. However, for the games where westbrook didn't play (including the one he got injured and played 8 mins) they went 5W - 11L and they were 40-26 when he did play. During the final stretch of the season when he played without both durant and ibaka they went 10-8, probably should've went 12-6 (jazz and pacers were winnable) but i guess he's only human after all. I don't think the mythical golden boy michael jordan himself would've won much more dragging that team around. OKC (westbrook) was 1 win away from making the playoffs and that's with durant playing only 27 games, let that sink in for a second. They were 18-9 when they both played.

And this is just anecdotal but when he got a triple double they went 7W - 4L. Also, wasn't he playing with a fractured face as well?

I agree on curry being rated too high btw but i understand they have to rate players objectively (even though it's beyond me how you could objectively get kobe at 85 but that's another story) and that means looking at stats. Subjectively though, replace westbrook with curry on okc and i'll be surprised if he does any better or even as good. I'm just trying to say some people here (in general) need to look at context a little more in stead of just looking at regular/advanced stats. Try to understand how they got those stats and that efficiency. One guy has a stacked team and great coach, the other has a bad coach and an injury riddled team. Those things matter among many others.

And i'm not even a westbrook fan, just tired of people rating players while completely ignoring context.

# 120 TGsoGood @ 09/17/15 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTheBrickWall
Rose doesn't deserve an 84 tho if Kobe is an 85. I have no problem with Rose at an 84, but once he's lower than Bryant who hasn't played in forever, then I have a problem.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Rose is rated as an 84 overall PG
Kobe is rated as an 85 overall SG
The game uses two different algorithms to calculate those overall ratings.

If Kobe and Rose are put at the same Positions then one them will have their rating changed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.