Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

So the Week 2 roster update has gone live. We don't know much about what changed because, well, EA hasn't said what did.

UPDATE: EA has posted a new blog with some of the updates to the roster and included a spreadsheet with all of the changes, including changes to depth charts and injuries for all 32 teams.

GOING UP
  • Tyrod Taylor, QB Buffalo Bills (+4 to 74 OVR)
  • James Jones, WR Green Bay Packers (+3 to 84 OVR)
  • Alex Smith, QB Kansas City Chiefs (+2 to 86 OVR)
  • Aqib Talib, CB, Denver Broncos (+1 to 91 OVR)
GOING DOWN
  • Jameis Winston, QB Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-2 to 79 OVR)
  • Peyton Manning, QB Denver Broncos (-2 to 90 OVR)
  • Adrian Peterson, HB Minnesota Vikings (-2 to 93 OVR)
  • Kyle Long, RT Chicago Bears (-4 to 84 OVR)
What changes are you finding so far? OS user Find_the_Door has already noticed that Romo now has the "Clutch" trait, and Ben Roethlisberger has been given a ratings boost.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 azdawgpound @ 09/19/15 05:05 PM
I agree with alot of posters I think the updates should be monthly.... And also with the players on IR...... If they injuried u shouldn't be able to play with them in games.

U don't see real NFL players injuried saying hey coach put me in I got a broken arm leg etc but I can still play.

Again this leads to the injury logo next to names yea I get it suppose to rep a player being injuried but yet again u can insert them in the line up and there's no problem. This again leads to a problem.

Because I know there's a bunch of roster ppl who like having updated rosters etc...but with that lil logo next to there name u can't release them trade them...so u have to wait a week for EA's update.

So again if u can insert the injuried player into starting lineup might well not have that logo to there name... If not then atleast make the player useless like where they can't runor something.

# 62 brgisme @ 09/19/15 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Romo should be higher than Roethlisberger. Romo already has better stats and plus last year Romo was cheated. Romo was number one in every category. Cowboy haters. And I don't understand why if they take the time to do each player's rating they can't do the player's equipment realistically
So Romo was robbed last year? Then you say his stats this year are better then Bens? If your going to talk what should of been (i.e. He was robbed last year) don't you have to take his last TD away in week one this year because the Giants gave that to him with the worse clock management ever. I mean if we are counting what if's we have to look at it all. Be happy he got the "clutch" trait given most consider "clutch" to be big games and I'm not sure Romo has a lot of "clutch" wins in big games? When is his "clutch" moments in the playoffs?

# 63 DCEBB2001 @ 09/19/15 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
This is what these threads breakdown in to every week. Player X on my favorite team should be rated higher.
Which is exactly why the fact that EA is considering "crowd sourcing" their ratings process is scary.

May as well make everyone a 99 at everything and call it good if they go that route. All it will be is a race to 99, as if it isn't already.

# 64 DCEBB2001 @ 09/19/15 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgisme
So Romo was robbed last year? Then you say his stats this year are better then Bens? If your going to talk what should of been (i.e. He was robbed last year) don't you have to take his last TD away in week one this year because the Giants gave that to him with the worse clock management ever. I mean if we are counting what if's we have to look at it all. Be happy he got the "clutch" trait given most consider "clutch" to be big games and I'm not sure Romo has a lot of "clutch" wins in big games? When is his "clutch" moments in the playoffs?
Yet another reason why stats should have absolutely no place in the ratings discussion. They should only be based on ability. Then, use tendencies to rate the traits. It really should be that simple.

# 65 jerwoods @ 09/19/15 11:58 PM
guys its not EA fault 100% the NFL players wines about SPD and OVR and they EA are sared the player will tweet them saying my rating is a 87 it should be 91

# 66 Find_the_Door @ 09/20/15 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I agree with alot of posters I think the updates should be monthly.... And also with the players on IR...... If they injuried u shouldn't be able to play with them in games.

U don't see real NFL players injuried saying hey coach put me in I got a broken arm leg etc but I can still play.

Again this leads to the injury logo next to names yea I get it suppose to rep a player being injuried but yet again u can insert them in the line up and there's no problem. This again leads to a problem.

Because I know there's a bunch of roster ppl who like having updated rosters etc...but with that lil logo next to there name u can't release them trade them...so u have to wait a week for EA's update.

So again if u can insert the injuried player into starting lineup might well not have that logo to there name... If not then atleast make the player useless like where they can't runor something.
I can't stress this enough and it really is deserving of its own thread. Injured players have no place in ranked matches.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.