Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 shooting guards in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

For those of you that may have missed it, Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system about a month ago, you can read it here.

UPDATE: Mike Stauffer is posting more point guard ratings on his Twitter feed, here they are below.
  • Lou Williams - (Overall Rating - 80)
  • Kyle Korver - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Khris Middleton - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • J.J. Redick - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Joe Johnson - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Jamal Crawford - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Manu Ginobili - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Eric Gordon - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Tony Allen - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Avery Bradley - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Danny Green - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Rodney Stuckey - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • J.R. Smith - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Gerald Green - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Arron Afflalo - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Iman Shumpert - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Lance Stephenson - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Jeremy Lamb - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Tim Hardaway Jr. - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Marco Belinelli - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Kentavious Caldwell Pope - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Ben McLemore - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Austin Rivers - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Mario Hezonja - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Vince Carter - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Justin Anderson - (Overall Rating - 71)
  • Jordan Adams - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Archie Goodwin - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • E'Twaun Moore - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Rashad Vaughn - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Joseph Young - (Overall Rating - 68)
Previously released NBA 2K16 player ratings:

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 J_Posse @ 09/18/15 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu

That was just you. [emoji38] Any NBA coach would have Kobe & Wade among the top 10 SGs right now.
And that coach will end up in the lottery just like the Heat and Lakers. You can believe that they are if you want but any objective person sees that their best days are long gone.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 122 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 09:14 PM

# 123 Vni @ 09/18/15 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Kobe's own coach doesn't have him as a top 10 SG right now. He is not even the starting SG on his own team. LOL. He's an SF this year.
That's only due to the lack of starting worthy small forwards in the lakers roster and the emergence of Clarkson at the shooting guard spot, nothing else. Nobody knows at the moment if he will even start at SF or not. He will definately have to play that spot though this year.

# 124 BluFu @ 09/18/15 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
You can believe that they are if you want but any objective person sees that their best days are long gone.
Of course they are... but the SG position is really weak. Saying they're top 10 SGs right now isn't overrating them at all lol

# 125 Mauer4MVP @ 09/18/15 09:23 PM
Quote:
Of course they are... but the SG position is really weak. Saying they're top 10 SGs right now isn't overrating them at all lol
I think there can be an argument for Wade. Kobe... no chance.

# 126 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I think there can be an argument for Wade. Kobe... no chance.

Man I see y'all saying Derozan is a top 10 SG and I think dude is horrible , Wade is def top 10 production wise . Kobe is barley top 10 at the moment cuz of his production as well even tho it's a really small sample size

# 127 Mauer4MVP @ 09/18/15 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Man I see y'all saying Derozan is a top 10 SG and I think dude is horrible , Wade is def top 10 production wise . Kobe is barley top 10 at the moment cuz of his production as well even tho it's a really small sample size
Derozan is pretty much the same as Kobe is now except he's more athletic and stays healthy.

# 128 J_Posse @ 09/18/15 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Dude, so many of the ratings are of a subjective nature (defense outside of blocks/steals, athleticism, offensive/defensive IQ & passing vision/IQ/accuracy) that the whole "HOF" scale won't apply to them. In the end, the ratings are determined by one person and how he views the NBA with help from statistics (when available).

I don't agree with the thought that Jamal Crawford or Manu Ginobili are better than Danny Green. Nor do I agree that Dwyane Wade and Kobe Bryant are still elite, all-star caliber players in today's NBA.

# 129 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Derozan is pretty much the same as Kobe is now except he's more athletic and stays healthy.

I know that which I said barley top 10 which is what Derozan is . One of y'all said you would put Derozan over Wade .

# 130 JJFurr29 @ 09/18/15 09:43 PM
Quote:
Dude, so many of the ratings are of a subjective nature (defense outside of blocks/steals, athleticism, offensive/defensive IQ & passing vision/IQ/accuracy) that the whole "HOF" scale won't apply to them. In the end, the ratings are determined by one person and how he views the NBA with help from statistics (when available).

I don't agree with the thought that Jamal Crawford or Manu Ginobili are better than Danny Green. Nor do I agree that Dwyane Wade and Kobe Bryant are still elite, all-star caliber players in today's NBA.

I'd probably put Crawford above Green, I don't think very highly of him. probably JJ Redick and Manu too

# 131 BluFu @ 09/18/15 09:47 PM
Quote:
Nor do I agree that Dwyane Wade and Kobe Bryant are still elite, all-star caliber players in today's NBA.
They were both all-stars last season

# 132 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 09:49 PM
Think you're buying into the overalls too much without seeing the individual stats . And to the Wade not being an all star caliber player well I guess that's why opinions aren't factual . Still don't see how his stat line makes him look terrible and he didn't even play over 32 mpg lol

Per 36

24.3 Ppg
5.5 apg
4 rpg
1.3 spg
6.8fta
47% FG

Looks pretty damn good to me but we're talking in circles everyone is pretty much in their stance

# 133 J_Posse @ 09/18/15 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFurr29
I'd probably put Crawford above Green, I don't think very highly of him. probably JJ Redick and Manu too
You must really value (inefficient) scoring and a bunch of (usually) pointless overdribbling above elite defense, shooting and having a quality "glue guy" that will help you win a championship.

Green is easily better than Crawford and Ginobili at this point in their careers - didn't you notice that the Clippers picked up a younger player with the near exact same skillset as Crawford (?) - while Redick and him are on par with each other.

Never realize how under valued Green, Middleton and Matthews' skillset is until today. Do people not realize how important a guy that can shot from outside while defending at a very high level is in the modern NBA?

# 134 redsox4evur @ 09/18/15 10:03 PM
Quote:
They were both all-stars last season
And this is why I hate AS Voting...#popularitycontest. 'nuff said.

# 135 J_Posse @ 09/18/15 10:05 PM
Quote:
They were both all-stars last season [emoji14]opcorn:
Yes, because fan voting (popularity contest) is how we determine the quality of play from players........

Like I said, neither guy is elite anymore and most NBA experts would agree.

# 136 CookNBA03 @ 09/18/15 10:11 PM
Starters get voted in by the fans, coaches select the reserves...

# 137 BluFu @ 09/18/15 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
And this is why I hate AS Voting...#popularitycontest. 'nuff said.
Quote:
Yes, because fan voting (popularity contest) is how we determine the quality of play from players........

Like I said, neither guy is elite anymore and most NBA experts would agree.
Well... they were the only SGs beside Harden to avg at least 20 points and 4 assists.. There weren't a whole lot of options

Question J: Do you think Duncan is a top 5 center?

# 138 suh90beast @ 09/18/15 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaruAqua
The ratings look nice with the exception of Kobe/Harden being overrated. Also, Jimmy > Klay, IMO, by the slightest edge. As a Heat fan, its good to see 2K respect Wade with that 86 rating.
And 2k is respecting kobe with his rating too

Sent from a stoner in New Orleans

# 139 J_Posse @ 09/18/15 10:56 PM
Quote:
Well... they were the only SGs beside Harden to avg at least 20 points and 4 assists.. There weren't a whole lot of options

Question J: Do you think Duncan is a top 5 center?
How is Tim Duncan relevant to a discussion of Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade at the SG position? Duncan is a top center, yes. He still can impact games defensively and on the glass at a very, very high level. The two knocks on him are his inability to play huge minutes and offensively he isn't close to the player he once was. Still, even with his offense having dropped back a lot he can still give you the occasional great offensive night.

# 140 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 11:53 PM
Quote:
How is Tim Duncan relevant to a discussion of Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade at the SG position? Duncan is a top center, yes. He still can impact games defensively and on the glass at a very, very high level. The two knocks on him are his inability to play huge minutes and offensively he isn't close to the player he once was. Still, even with his offense having dropped back a lot he can still give you the occasional great offensive night.

See it's very relevant lol because even tho Tim is nowhere near the player he was at his current she he still impacts the game with his negatives . Wade is that way for the Miami Heat with his offense and still somewhat capable defense . Just like you think he's a top center so might not think he's not and would want to go with the younger guys who don't have min restrictions etc .

If 2k had a team impact rating Wade's would be very high and so would Duncan's .

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.