Home
WWE 2K16 News Post


WWE 2K16 will feature the largest roster ever and also include the most divas on the roster. Unfortunately, the Four Horsewomen will not be available in the game or as a DLC. Read the full details here.

Here is the full list of divas in WWE 2K16:
  • Alicia Fox
  • Brie Bella
  • Cameron
  • Emma
  • Eva Marie
  • Layla
  • Naomi
  • Natalya
  • Nikki Bella
  • Paige
  • Stephanie McMahon
  • Summer Rae
  • Tamina Snuka
WWE 2K16 ships on October 27 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 redsox4evur @ 09/23/15 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Not a good comparison at all. A better comparison would be with The Show. The NXT girls will be in the game next year. It's like this year Kris Bryant and Carlos Correia weren't in the game, nor had their own stances, or portraits in the game. So roster makers create them as close to real life as they can, and find the closest stance. So this would be like petitioning to have Kris Bryant's model and portrait for next year to be put in the game.
Except their stances were in the game...I think Correra and I know Bryant's stances were in the game listed as some of those Prospect stances.
 
# 62 BDKiiing @ 09/23/15 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Sadly I don't have a ps4 so I can't get the show, but I still say it's a comparison. Scottie wasn't in the game till people used social media. So agree to disagree I guess

Except Scottie pippen is retired. So that'd be like wanting some legend in.
 
# 63 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/23/15 11:55 AM
No Sasha? [emoji31] They were doing so well with this roster too.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
 
# 64 TheShizNo1 @ 09/23/15 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
And with the skills of some of these caw makers, they'll be nice. I just hope some of their moves make it in out of box or dlc.
Here's where I'm at. As long as they have their main moves in the game, I'm good.
 
# 65 BDKiiing @ 09/23/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Here's where I'm at. As long as they have their main moves in the game, I'm good.

Figure four and natural selection are in, same with a belly to belly. Just hoping for banks statement, the stacked double knees and becky's armbar.
 
# 66 SmashMan @ 09/23/15 03:59 PM
Does anyone think there's any chance that their theme songs and entrance videos get added (as part of DLC or a patch) for creation purposes?

No, right?
 
# 67 redsox4evur @ 09/23/15 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Does anyone think there's any chance that their theme songs and entrance videos get added (as part of DLC or a patch) for creation purposes?

No, right?
I wouldn't bank on it...moves they can get away with. Because they can call them something else. And maybe on the songs. For example, you call it Voices by Rev Theory and not Randy Orton's theme song. I think they could try and get away with that. They would have to go to the artist and pay some sort royalty but it could work that way. And no shot on the videos.
 
# 68 aholbert32 @ 09/23/15 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Not a good comparison at all. A better comparison would be with The Show. The NXT girls will be in the game next year. It's like this year Kris Bryant and Carlos Correia weren't in the game, nor had their own stances, or portraits in the game. So roster makers create them as close to real life as they can, and find the closest stance. So this would be like petitioning to have Kris Bryant's model and portrait for next year to be put in the game.
That comparison doesnt work. Bryant and Correia werent in the game because they cant be added until they play an MLB game and join the Union. The NXT girls are signed, some of them are scanned and should be ready to go.
 
# 69 BDKiiing @ 09/23/15 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That comparison doesnt work. Bryant and Correia werent in the game because they cant be added until they play an MLB game and join the Union. The NXT girls are signed, some of them are scanned and should be ready to go.
Well if people are going to continue to make complain or draw comparisons, I'll play along. WWE didn't want them in for some reason, my guess is next year divas will have a big presence, I'd guess divas career next year, with the "largest divas roster ever" being a tag line.
 
# 70 aholbert32 @ 09/23/15 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Well if people are going to continue to make complain or draw comparisons, I'll play along. WWE didn't want them in for some reason, my guess is next year divas will have a big presence, I'd guess divas career next year, with the "largest divas roster ever" being a tag line.
Did 2k say somewhere that WWE "didnt want them in"? Everything I've read has 2k being vague about why they were left out.

My theory (based on nothing but speculation) is 2k underestimated their popularity and didnt anticipate that the three NXT girls would be called up to the big show. Looking at the roster, every woman that is included was either previously created or a part of Total Divas (Eva Marie).

Given that divas are likely the least used wrestlers in the game, they likely decided to give those roster slots to other wrestlers they thought would be used more.
 
# 71 BDKiiing @ 09/23/15 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Did 2k say somewhere that WWE "didnt want them in"? Everything I've read has 2k being vague about why they were left out.

My theory (based on nothing but speculation) is 2k underestimated their popularity and didnt anticipate that the three NXT girls would be called up to the big show. Looking at the roster, every woman that is included was either previously created or a part of Total Divas (Eva Marie).

Given that divas are likely the least used wrestlers in the game, they likely decided to give those roster slots to other wrestlers they thought would be used more.
They're being incredibly vague, so they don't look like the bad guy, nor throw WWE under the bus. But it's been debunked about Sasha being scanned, they just scan everyone. But why else would Charlotte's shirt be in the crowd? I could see it having just been Charlotte and Sasha in. But I think they'll definitely use them as a big push for next year.
 
# 72 redsox4evur @ 09/23/15 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Did 2k say somewhere that WWE "didnt want them in"? Everything I've read has 2k being vague about why they were left out.

My theory (based on nothing but speculation) is 2k underestimated their popularity and didnt anticipate that the three NXT girls would be called up to the big show. Looking at the roster, every woman that is included was either previously created or a part of Total Divas (Eva Marie).

Given that divas are likely the least used wrestlers in the game, they likely decided to give those roster slots to other wrestlers they thought would be used more.
Nope it's just pure speculation, I think. A developer on the 2K forums has said that they tried very hard to get the NXT divas in but they couldn't. So it's just speculation. Also there is the fact that they scanned Sasha earlier this year. And there was one of Charlotte's shirt in a video of an older build. Sasha can be explained easily, like the dev they scan everyone they can just to get it done with. But how can you explain the Charlotte shirt in the crowd, with her not in the game? So that's where the speculation is coming from.
 
# 73 jvalverde88 @ 09/23/15 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Does anyone think there's any chance that their theme songs and entrance videos get added (as part of DLC or a patch) for creation purposes?

No, right?
With all the negative backlash 2K is getting I can see their themes/entrance videos/moves being in the game already. If not then the moves could probably be part of a DLC.
 
# 74 sirjam @ 09/23/15 06:54 PM
The point I was making with the comparison is that our voices were heard and we got him in the game. As far as the wwe not letting them in the game, that's not proven and from what I can tell was created by someone that thinks they know more than they do. So people ran with it and now here we are. 2k has never said anything like that nor did wwe. I think the guy a couple posts up is right. They didn't realize how popular the nxt divas are. And then it got to late in development to get them in once they realized it. Not sure why they couldn't be dlc though unless those characters are done already as well.
 
# 75 redsox4evur @ 09/23/15 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
The point I was making with the comparison is that our voices were heard and we got him in the game. As far as the wwe not letting them in the game, that's not proven and from what I can tell was created by someone that thinks they know more than they do. So people ran with it and now here we are. 2k has never said anything like that nor did wwe. I think the guy a couple posts up is right. They didn't realize how popular the nxt divas are. And then it got to late in development to get them in once they realized it. Not sure why they couldn't be dlc though unless those characters are done already as well.
Ok then please explain Charlotte's shirt in the crowd in an earlier build? 2K wouldn't do that if she was never going to be in the game at some point. Also 2K and WWE probably will never comment on what it is. If it's a WWE thing, you will never hear about it because it could hinder the partnership between the 2 companies.
 
# 76 BDKiiing @ 09/23/15 07:51 PM
And save the "other people have had their shirts in but didn't appear in the game". Those were a couple legends, it'd make no sense that a current wrestler's shirt would be in and not them.

Plus to say they weren't aware of how popular they are? Marcus Stephenson is still on the team, dude is a huge smark, the team is definitely aware of the product, I'm sure they tried to push them through as DLC at the latest.

It's been said by Brian Vore that WWE has to okay the list of wrestlers in. He said they tried to get Cody Rhodes in, but WWE wouldn't let them.
 
# 77 CM Hooe @ 09/23/15 08:17 PM
At this point I personally don't really care what the reason is why they're missing. By my count this is the third game in as many years which will launch with significant members of the contemporary television programming missing or otherwise out-of-date:

WWE 2K14: did not contain Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, or Erick Rowan
WWE 2K15: did not contain Stardust; Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns were still represented as their characters from The Shield despite that that group broke up a full six months before the game launched
WWE 2K16: will not contain Bailey, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, or Braun Stroman

It's just unacceptable to me at this point that the video game representation of WWE will be out of date for a full calendar year. Particularly in a world where Madden NFL can provide player likeness updates for hundreds of in-game characters post-launch, and NBA 2K can provide new players, jerseys, courts, and all sorts of other content post-launch. This doesn't even get into Ultimate Team or weekly roster updates or whatever post-release support MLB The Show or FIFA provide.

If we consider WWE 2K16 to be a sports game, the amount of post-release support it gets compared to other sports games is paltry at best. I'm sure there are plenty of good reasons why this is the case, but at the end of the day that doesn't change what the situation is. Sure, we can use created Superstars to keep the roster up-to-date ourselves, and I'm grateful that that functionality is there, but that doesn't excuse the current situation.

It'd be a nice concession if 2K could get the entrance music / video assets for the missing characters in the game going forward, but given the track record of the game I don't anticipate that happening at all.
 
# 78 sirjam @ 09/24/15 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Ok then please explain Charlotte's shirt in the crowd in an earlier build? 2K wouldn't do that if she was never going to be in the game at some point. Also 2K and WWE probably will never comment on what it is. If it's a WWE thing, you will never hear about it because it could hinder the partnership between the 2 companies.
I wish I could explain it but to me it's unacceptable not to have them in and I will not buy the product until later, if at all.
 
# 79 kisstopher5 @ 09/24/15 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
At this point I personally don't really care what the reason is why they're missing. By my count this is the third game in as many years which will launch with significant members of the contemporary television programming missing or otherwise out-of-date:

WWE 2K14: did not contain Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, or Erick Rowan
WWE 2K15: did not contain Stardust; Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns were still represented as their characters from The Shield despite that that group broke up a full six months before the game launched
WWE 2K16: will not contain Bailey, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, or Braun Stroman

It's just unacceptable to me at this point that the video game representation of WWE will be out of date for a full calendar year. Particularly in a world where Madden NFL can provide player likeness updates for hundreds of in-game characters post-launch, and NBA 2K can provide new players, jerseys, courts, and all sorts of other content post-launch. This doesn't even get into Ultimate Team or weekly roster updates or whatever post-release support MLB The Show or FIFA provide.

If we consider WWE 2K16 to be a sports game, the amount of post-release support it gets compared to other sports games is paltry at best. I'm sure there are plenty of good reasons why this is the case, but at the end of the day that doesn't change what the situation is. Sure, we can use created Superstars to keep the roster up-to-date ourselves, and I'm grateful that that functionality is there, but that doesn't excuse the current situation.

It'd be a nice concession if 2K could get the entrance music / video assets for the missing characters in the game going forward, but given the track record of the game I don't anticipate that happening at all.
This, this, and more of this. Especially the final part. If you're telling me that as a TOP TIER VIDEO GAME DESIGNER, you can't add characters post-production, I won't question it because I have no clue how to design a video game. But, I fail to believe it is that difficult to add entrance music or video post-production. Even if they had a "Not In Game Music/Video" DLC package with music and video WWE owned, but decided not to put the superstar in the game, I would totally buy. All that WWE music on iTunes and Spotify should be in the game. It just pains me to have issues like this year after year after year after year for the game I look forward to more than any other every year.
 
# 80 redsox4evur @ 09/24/15 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I wish I could explain it but to me it's unacceptable not to have them in and I will not buy the product until later, if at all.
I will still buy because I need a wrestling game. LOL. But I completely agree that is unacceptable for these 4 women to not be in the game. I could understand it if they signed around the time that the roster had to be finalized, but where they have been signed for a while it is unacceptable.
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.