Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

By making the right connections with your organization in NBA 2K16 MyCAREER mode, you will be able to choose which jersey you were every night. Unlike previous years, once you make this connection, you will be able to select which jersey you desire every game.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 I Djm @ 09/18/15 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Yes. And crazy unprofessional, too! Is he affiliated with EA in any official capacity? That kinda stuff is totally uncalled for.
Lol he just be trolling and y'all fall for it everytime

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 22 I Djm @ 09/18/15 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scvllp
Ronnie just tweeted out #WeListen, what a clown. If they listened we wouldn't have to earn it and we would be able to select for both teams.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad I have a chan e to wear alternates but the earn part is stupid.
True but we got it finally hopefully in 17 they drop the connect

# 23 m1ke_nyc @ 09/18/15 06:08 PM
All I want to hear now is that they fixed substitution logic. Being forced to play 40 plus minutes when im up 30 is overkill. Teammates playing up to par instead of the mode forcing you to play hero ball.

# 24 I Djm @ 09/18/15 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
But what about your opponent?

What if on Christmas, you choose to wear your team's Christmas jersey, the team your facing is just gonna wear there normal home/away jersey?

So no alternates for any team other than the one you're on?

The game still needs to automatically make your team and opponents wear alternate jerseys, and then when you earn whatever connection it is, you can choose whatever jersey you want.
Yea that would be dope, but thats the other issue why earn it when we should be able to choose for both but we at least we finally got it

# 25 I Djm @ 09/18/15 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
All I want to hear now is that they fixed substitution logic. Being forced to play 40 plus minutes when im up 30 is overkill. Teammates playing up to par instead of the mode forcing you to play hero ball.
Yea that too please no more of that and having to play the power forward position as a shooting guard

# 26 Junior Moe @ 09/18/15 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
Lol he just be trolling and y'all fall for it everytime

Honestly, I didn't even know who the guy was until I came into this tread. I see he's a big Live fan so I put 2 and 2 together. Nevertheless, that kind of stuff is uncalled for, especially coming from someone operating in some capacity for another company. Oh well...

# 27 I Djm @ 09/18/15 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Honestly, I didn't even know who the guy was until I came into this tread. I see he's a big Live fan so I put 2 and 2 together. Nevertheless, that kind of stuff is uncalled for, especially coming from someone operating in some capacity for another company. Oh well...
I dont think he works for EA, he just trolls its funny af to me lol

# 28 TheDuggler @ 09/18/15 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
I dont think he works for EA, he just trolls its funny af to me lol

Acting like an ******* isn't funny unless youre under 15

# 29 I Djm @ 09/18/15 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Acting like an ******* isn't funny unless youre under 15
Arent you fun at parties but anyway its just how he's chill then yelling lol gets me everytime

# 30 VDusen04 @ 09/18/15 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
But what about your opponent?

What if on Christmas, you choose to wear your team's Christmas jersey, the team your facing is just gonna wear there normal home/away jersey?

So no alternates for any team other than the one you're on?

The game still needs to automatically make your team and opponents wear alternate jerseys, and then when you earn whatever connection it is, you can choose whatever jersey you want.
That's actually a really good point. For me, the realism of having the ability to accurately select the actual jerseys each team will wear outweighs the supposed "realism" that comes with a player somehow gaining control of all those decisions.

But again, maybe it's a step-by-step process. First this, then we work our way up to that ability... or maybe the game will begin accounting for holidays and alternates on its own.

# 31 Taer @ 09/18/15 06:39 PM
Appreciate the heads up Steve.

The Twitter baiting is what should be expected. Instead of releasing everything together and cohesive they want to do #Hype. There are legitimate questions and concerns you just can not answer in a Twitter feed without looking bad.

It turns me off - Da_Czar, ScottOG, Beluba ... those guys keep me loyal but if it were left to LD2K and Ronnie, I'd not be as loyal, that is for sure.

If next year's marketing is like this years, I'm definitely going to reconsider my yearly purchase.

# 32 trekfan @ 09/18/15 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That's actually a really good point. For me, the realism of having the ability to accurately select the actual jerseys each team will wear outweighs the supposed "realism" that comes with a player somehow gaining control of all those decisions.

But again, maybe it's a step-by-step process. First this, then we work our way up to that ability... or maybe the game will begin accounting for holidays and alternates on its own.
I'm not bugged by the opponent not selecting an alternate jersey too. There are a lot of teams that wear alternates while the other is wearing their normal jersey.

Now, for theme nights -- like Christmas/Hardwood Classics -- that should be mandatory IF the team you're playing against has a jersey that fits the theme, but not every team does.

I'm happy that alternate jerseys are unlockable. I'm hopeful that there are a few mode only versions available, so unlocking alternate jerseys feels like it's worth it, but that hope is unlikely to be fulfilled this go around.

# 33 Jrocc23 @ 09/18/15 08:01 PM
So will we have all the jerseys from release? Or are they added later and people that start when they get the game out of luck unless they start over?

# 34 Sundown @ 09/18/15 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
This would be cooler and more understandable if the game already accounted for all special jersey nights on its own (ex: if 2K knew it was Christmas and thus made your team wear their Christmas jerseys).

But to give the MyPlayer folks what they've wanted for years, only to hold it at arm's reach for a while, is probably going to be a little maddening.

Still, it's good to see that option make its way into the game regardless.

This is so spot on. Folks wanted to change jerseys not just for variety but for accuracy on certain nights.

I like the idea of the unlock but if there is no intelligence that correctly selects opponent jerseys and you can't select it either, then this unnecessarily game-ifies a feature without addressing the authenticity issue in the first place.

Opponent jerseys better also be selectable in some way or you can pretty much consider this feature unnecessarily half broken.

# 35 YungGun @ 09/18/15 08:55 PM
Bout damn time. The fact that you have to earn a certain connection in able to change jerseys is pretty dumb tho.

# 36 lakers24 @ 09/18/15 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Appreciate the heads up Steve.

The Twitter baiting is what should be expected. Instead of releasing everything together and cohesive they want to do #Hype. There are legitimate questions and concerns you just can not answer in a Twitter feed without looking bad.

It turns me off - Da_Czar, ScottOG, Beluba ... those guys keep me loyal but if it were left to LD2K and Ronnie, I'd not be as loyal, that is for sure.

If next year's marketing is like this years, I'm definitely going to reconsider my yearly purchase.
Well you might as well reconsider now because those dudes ain't going nowhere. It's easy to blame LD and Ronnie but those dudes are just doing their jobs. I hate it as much as anyone but I know how this crap works and it's been that way for years. Twitter has only enhanced the issue. Hell, just look at what has happened since next gen came along. The first trailer is always a hashtag trailer to get it trending on Twitter for more eyes to see (2k14=#OMG, 2k15=#Yakkem, 2k16=#Winning) and the last two games have actual hashtags for slogans (2k15=#YourTimeHasCome, 2k16=#BeTheStory).

# 37 Taer @ 09/19/15 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Well you might as well reconsider now because those dudes ain't going nowhere. It's easy to blame LD and Ronnie but those dudes are just doing their jobs. I hate it as much as anyone but I know how this crap works and it's been that way for years. Twitter has only enhanced the issue. Hell, just look at what has happened since next gen came along. The first trailer is always a hashtag trailer to get it trending on Twitter for more eyes to see (2k14=#OMG, 2k15=#Yakkem, 2k16=#Winning) and the last two games have actual hashtags for slogans (2k15=#YourTimeHasCome, 2k16=#BeTheStory).
Don't mind me. I just got frustrated this year because I tried to bring in a bunch of gaming friends to the title but b/c they marketed the modes the way they did it was not successful.

They are doing just fine by ignoring me so why change?

# 38 nddot @ 09/19/15 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Don't mind me. I just got frustrated this year because I tried to bring in a bunch of gaming friends to the title but b/c they marketed the modes the way they did it was not successful.

They are doing just fine by ignoring me so why change?
That is exactly what bothers me aswell. Instead of being all about business with a little extra, they are all about hype. I tried to convince some friends who arent familiar with 2k's work, to buy the game and they were confused when i show them the hype trailers.
2k marketing strategy is too criptic for nothing.....especially if you are not familiar with their work....but hey..... What do i know?

# 39 kadzier @ 09/19/15 11:24 AM
great that the option is finally in, but we shouldn't have to earn it, it should be freely selectable for both teams. But it's a nice start at least.

# 40 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/19/15 04:59 PM
Why not have the dedicated jersey days for St. Pattys, Christmas etc then delegate the alternates for random days in the year like it is in real life?

I don't think Lebron wakes up one day and tells the team he wants to play with the alternate 01 jerseys the next game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.