Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 small forwards in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

For those of you that may have missed it, Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system about a month ago, you can read it here.

UPDATE: Mike Stauffer is posting more small forward ratings on his Twitter feed, here they are below.
  • Tyreke Evans - (Overall Rating - 80) Listed as shooting guard
  • Chandler Parsons - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Tobias Harris - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Paul Pierce - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Luol Deng - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Harrison Barnes - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Andre Iguodala - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Michael Kidd Gilchrist - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Jabari Parker - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Nic Batum - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Danilo Gallinari - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Jae Crowder - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Shabazz Muhammad - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Jared Dudley - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Josh Smith - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • James Johnson - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • P.J. Tucker - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • James Johnson - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Evan Turner - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Justise Winslow - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Robert Covington - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Omri Casspi - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Marcus Morris - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Solomon Hill - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Mike Dunleavy - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Nick Young - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • T.J. Warren - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Otto Porter Jr. - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Kelly Oubre Jr. - (Overall Rating - 71)
  • Rondae Hollis Jefferson - (Overall Rating - 71)
  • Sam Dekker - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • K.J. McDaniels - (Overall Rating - 70)
Previously released NBA 2K16 player ratings:

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 8KB24 @ 09/19/15 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
How the **** do you rate his dribbling ability through any scale at all? It is a completely subjective matter. He is a quality playmaker and is a solid defensive player do to his length/height (which you say doesn't matter).

The guy has very few weaknesses on a basketball court other than his durability coming into question.

Like I said, I see very, very few NBA players of his stature that can play on the perimeter and score in the variety of ways that he does. And he's insanely efficient in doing so (even last year).

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
It doesn't matter because you correlated his dribling with height and basically said they warrant high rating just because he is 6'11. His dribling rating has nothing to do with his height. It should be compared to Iverson or whomever. And it's not that good. I'd put it at 77-80 because he can handle the pnr and has solid handles but nothing super advanced. Playmaking would be 5-6 points below Kobe's and he was average on defense last year and year before. Doesn't really translate to higher overall does it?

# 62 J_Posse @ 09/19/15 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
It doesn't matter because you correlated his dribling with height and basically said they warrant high rating just because he is 6'11. His dribling rating has nothing to do with his height. It should be compared to Iverson or whomever. And it's not that good. I'd put it at 77-80 because he can handle the pnr and has solid handles but nothing super advanced. Playmaking would be 5-6 points below Kobe's and he was average on defense last year and year before. Doesn't really translate to higher defense.
You are too caught up in this silly "HOF" scale when last time I checked there isn't any statistic for ball handling. Comparing a 6'11" SF ball handling to a 5'11 SG is rather silly. Like I said (for the third time), his ball handling and playmaking are advanced relative to his height.

I don't see a lot of near 7 foot tall players handling the ball on the perimeter and setting up their teammates. Which are both things that Durant can and does do very, very well.

What Bryant and Iverson WERE capable of has no baring on accurately depicting Kevin Durant's skillset. And he's an average one - on - one defender but compensates for that with his ability to contest shots and play the passing lanes do to his length.

This why I hate this silly "HOF" scale rating system, now people are going to act as though guys that played during the last 15 - 20 years are the end all, be all.

As if no one picked up a ball and played prior to Bryant, Iverson and Jordan. And much of what this supposed scale encompasses is entirely subjective.

# 63 8KB24 @ 09/19/15 06:42 PM
Quote:
You are too caught up in this silly "HOF" scale when last time I checked there isn't any statistic for ball handling. Comparing a 6'11" SF ball handling to a 5'11 SG is rather silly. Like I said (for the third time), his ball handling and playmaking are advanced relative to his height.

I don't see a lot of near 7 foot tall players handling the ball on the perimeter and setting up their teammates. Which are both things that Durant can and does do very, very well.

What Bryant and Iverson WERE capable of has no baring on accurately depicting Kevin Durant's skillset. And he's an average one - on - one defender but compensates for that with his ability to contest shots and play the passing lanes do to his length.

This why I hate this silly "HOF" scale rating system, now people are going to act as though guys that played during the last 15 - 20 years are the end all, be all.

As if no one picked up a ball and played prior to Bryant, Iverson and Jordan. And much of what this supposed scale encompasses is entirely subjective.

Just the fact that you think that KD shouldn't be compared to GOAT ball handler when discussing ball handling is..idk man...I can't discuss seriously this topic with you when you say something like that. He's not advanced compared to everyone in last 40-ish years. He's average. Also Kobe even last season was capable playmaker. I know you have a certain disdain towards him but he was good playmaker last year.

Quote:
What Bryant and Iverson WERE capable of has no baring on accurately depicting Kevin Durant's skillset.
Actually it does. I thought KD was comparable playmaker to Kobe since KD average 5+ assists in 2014 but he certainly IS, WAS and WILL BE worse playmaker than Kobe IS even at 36/37. Because you compare players to everyone...ever...at least to those who have advanced stats available for comparision. And that's why KD isn't a 94 or whatever number you want him to be. Average ball handler, slightly below average playmaker, average defender, great rebounder and GOAT-ish scorer.

# 64 Rain723 @ 09/19/15 06:47 PM
Again, these look pretty much spot on. But I tend to agree with most other people saying KD should be rated a couple points higher. there shouldn't be that much separation between KD and Lebron. And Harden definitely shouldn't be rated higher. But it's expected that Harden and Curry get a little bump because they're on the cover. And Curry just won a ring and an mvp so he probably got an added boost. Playing against GSW and Houston is going to be tough this year.

# 65 Rain723 @ 09/19/15 06:52 PM
Another thing I'm noticing is ppl arguing certain players should be rated higher because they do a lot more than others. But, being more versatile doesn't NECESSARILY make you better. It can a lot of the time but not all the time. For example, I'll say that Giannis is a little more versatile than KD. But is he a better player than KD? Absolutely not. Boris Diaw is much more versatile than Melo but he is nowhere near the threat that Carmelo Anthony is on the court. Versatility doesn't necessarily mean superiority.

# 66 J_Posse @ 09/19/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Just the fact that you think that KD shouldn't be compared to GOAT ball handler when discussing ball handling is..idk man...I can't discuss seriously this topic with you when you say something like that. He's not advanced compared to everyone in last 40-ish years. He's average. Also Kobe even last season was capable playmaker. I know you have a certain disdain towards him but he was good playmaker last year.

Actually it does. I thought KD was comparable playmaker to Kobe since KD average 5+ assists in 2014 but he certainly IS, WAS and WILL BE worse playmaker than Kobe IS even at 36/37. Because you compare players to everyone...ever...at least to those who have advanced stats available for comparision. And that's why KD isn't a 94 or whatever number you want him to be. Average ball handler, slightly below average playmaker, average defender, great rebounder and GOAT-ish scorer.
If you truly believe that Durant is below average in anything involving basketball than the argument is already over. He isn't LeBron James or Larry Bird, but he isn't close to below average in his play making ability.

Durant is the second best player in the NBA and you attempting to minimize that point (by comparing him to players of vastly different sizes and positions) isn't going to change it. The only thing that should have been knocked down is his durability and nothing more.

# 67 Rain723 @ 09/19/15 07:01 PM
Quote:

Comparing a 6'11 ball handler to a 5'11 ball handler is absolutely fair when talking ratings because they are measured on the same rating scale. Forget the whole hall of fame scale thing. Compared to TODAY'S elite ball handlers KD isn't even close. A 70 ball handling is great for a 7 footer (not saying that's what KD's should be). But that isn't elite when compared to all positions. No attribute rating is height/position based. It's based on a player's proficiency regardless of height/position. Rondo is a great rebounder for a guard. But should his rebounding be in the 80's like some of the better rebounding big men? No not at all.

# 68 DC @ 09/19/15 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Melo may be a point too high but no biggie. Clearly, he got the benefit of doubt on his injury where Durant did not. That's my problem. So did Wesley Matthews, coming off of a serious achilles injury.
What does this even mean ?

# 69 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/19/15 07:02 PM
Make y'all own rosters then

# 70 J_Posse @ 09/19/15 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain723
Comparing a 6'11 ball handler to a 5'11 ball handler is absolutely fair when talking ratings because they are measured on the same rating scale. Forget the whole hall of fame scale thing. Compared to TODAY'S elite ball handlers KD isn't even close. A 70 ball handling is great for a 7 footer (not saying that's what KD's should be). But that isn't elite when compared to all positions. No attribute rating is height/position based. It's based on a player's proficiency regardless of height/position. Rondo is a great rebounder for a guard. But should his rebounding be in the 80's like some of the better rebounding big men? No not at all.

Yes, that's what scaling is for the non-objective ratings. You would scale or cap Durant's ballhandling relative to his position (let's say 25 - 70) just like you would scale speed or quickness for big men (for example 25 - 70) relative to the position.

Rondo is an elite rebounder (or was) for a point guard, but there is a formula in place to quantify his rebounding ability. No such formula exists for speed, quickness, offensive/defensive IQ, ball handling so they are all left up to the opinion of the roster editor.

# 71 Rain723 @ 09/19/15 08:14 PM
Quote:
Yes, that's what scaling is for the non-objective ratings. You would scale or cap Durant's ballhandling relative to his position (let's say 25 - 70) just like you would scale speed or quickness for big men (for example 25 - 70) relative to the position.

Rondo is an elite rebounder (or was) for a point guard, but there is a formula in place to quantify his rebounding ability. No such formula exists for speed, quickness, offensive/defensive IQ, ball handling so they are all left up to the opinion of the roster editor.

I guess I can kind of see your point on that. There's no definite formula of rating something like ball handling. But at the same time, can you honestly say that KD's ball handling is on the same level as someone like Kyrie or CP3 or Steph?

# 72 2KUte @ 09/19/15 08:46 PM
Hayward will get a boost once he makes the all star team this year, can't really complain about it now. These ratings looks correct.

# 73 Sundown @ 09/19/15 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain723
I guess I can kind of see your point on that. There's no definite formula of rating something like ball handling. But at the same time, can you honestly say that KD's ball handling is on the same level as someone like Kyrie or CP3 or Steph?

Sure KD's ball handling isn't on those guys' level, but it's in "average good guard" territory, which is insane for a 6-11 player. The OVR formula should recognize that, because that is game changing.

# 74 eko718 @ 09/19/15 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
What does this even mean ?
If you understood what impacts an overall rating and how players were rated at the end of 2K15 compared to ratings that have been announced so far, you would know what that means.

# 75 DC @ 09/19/15 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
If you understood what impacts an overall rating and how players were rated at the end of 2K15 compared to ratings that have been announced so far, you would know what that means.
I completely understand which is why I am asking why people are saying,
"So and so should be one point lower/higher." LIke that is such an ambiguous statement

# 76 eko718 @ 09/19/15 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
I completely understand which is why I am asking why people are saying,
"So and so should be one point lower/higher." LIke that is such an ambiguous statement
In my mind since I do ratings/rosters based on advanced stats and I see how the ratings are lining up compared to last years rating system, I'm thinking of a lot of factors when I say that but yeah, it can sound ambiguous if the reasoning is not given. For those who don't really understand the ratings system to say this guy should be at most 3 points higher/lower than that guy, etc. it really is ambiguous and completely arbitrary.

# 77 Albys @ 09/20/15 03:45 AM
Mike Stauffer is drunk? Iguodala 77?
Iguo above 80 in all the known worlds...
Also the value of Gallinari is completely wrong... Gallo deserves at least 79-80.

C'mon Mike...

# 78 ruLEX$$ @ 09/20/15 04:18 AM
I know injuries playedca major part with these ratings Durant should be higher so should paul George

# 79 CookNBA03 @ 09/20/15 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albys
Mike Stauffer is drunk? Iguodala 77?
Iguo above 80 in all the known worlds...
Also the value of Gallinari is completely wrong... Gallo deserves at least 79-80.

C'mon Mike...
Iggy is perfect where he's at, people losing their minds because of the FMVP and I hope we're not talking about the same Gallo that's been hurt for a couple seasons while averaging 12 points on 40% shooting last year, somehow he deserves a 79-80?

# 80 stillfeelme @ 09/20/15 09:32 AM
People need to let that Iggy rating go.

He is good defender but when you actually look at his regular season numbers even in defense they are not all that impressive.

His greatest skill on offense is probably attacking the basket as a cutter and in transition, followed by his passing. That is where most of his points come from. Again when you look at his numbers they look good from a FG% or eFG%. He shot 65% in transition but he would go to the FT line 13.7% of the time in transition and he also turned the ball over in transition 16% which was the highest on second highest on the Warriors.

From the FT line Iggy has struggled the last 5 years and was barely a 60% FT shooter last year.

Some more shooting stats

3-10 ft 29%
10-16 ft 36%
16-23 ft 38%
3pt 35%

Take a look at his shot chart the at rim is impressive besides that average or below average overall.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.