Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

There are 9 confirmed college teams in NBA 2K16. Thanks to eagle-eyed Chickenney from the Forums. We've heard there are 10 college teams in the game, so we will update this post if that last team gets confirmed.

UPDATE: 9/21 Confirmation from 3 people with the game, Wisconsin is the 10th college in NBA 2K16.
  • Arizona
  • Georgetown
  • Kansas
  • Louisville
  • Michigan
  • Texas
  • UCONN
  • UCLA
  • Villanova
  • Wisconsin
UPDATE: 9/22 Based off of what we have heard from multiple sources, NBA 2K16 fans will be able to play 3 high school games and 4 college games in MyCAREER mode.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Hopsin @ 09/20/15 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce83
Or available in play now games. I like controlling the whole team, not some story driven career mode.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You do understand it would probably be filled with random generics right? But honestly if you want that MyLeague is right for you. Customize the court and jersey and boom.. Colleges.

# 42 Gramps91 @ 09/20/15 09:08 PM
Really want UK to be a school.

# 43 Trackball @ 09/20/15 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Just some guy named Allen iverson... You know... Greatest pound for pound scorer in NBA history.

Dude got to the finals basically BY HIM SELF.
...I could make an entire rant on this...but, this is a college thread.

I would much, MUCH rather have Texas A&M, but I guess I'll be humming Texas Fight for a while, while I spend no more than a year in San Fran South, AKA Austin.

# 44 Tunechid @ 09/20/15 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
You do understand it would probably be filled with random generics right? But honestly if you want that MyLeague is right for you. Customize the court and jersey and boom.. Colleges.
I saw Kelly Oubree Jr playing on the Kansas team in the video maybe if the dude wasn't a center Cliff Alexander would have been playing to

# 45 Hopsin @ 09/20/15 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechid
I saw Kelly Oubree Jr playing on the Kansas team in the video maybe if the dude wasn't a center Cliff Alexander would have been playing to

Was it ever confirmed that it was him? I saw that pic too but thought it was coincidence.

# 46 redsox4evur @ 09/20/15 09:16 PM
Quote:
Was it ever confirmed that it was him? I saw that pic too but thought it was coincidence.
Who posted the pic, was it 2K or someone else?

# 47 Tunechid @ 09/20/15 09:27 PM
Quote:
http://m.ustream.tv/recorded/73727320

# 48 Tunechid @ 09/20/15 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Who posted the pic, was it 2K or someone else?
A dude recorded himself playing in college look at the link above that I posted

# 49 Allball76 @ 09/20/15 09:35 PM
Nice I think the last school was Wisconsin

# 50 Hopsin @ 09/20/15 09:38 PM
Quote:

Oh okay thanks for this. Might actually try to team up with Kelly.

# 51 dxyyz1 @ 09/20/15 09:54 PM
Quote:
he wasnt a center his player was a power forward

# 52 MrSerendipity @ 09/20/15 09:59 PM
I was ecstatic when I found out the Longhorns were going to be in the game. Especially with Patterson charging an arm and a leg for anything Texas related. I'll be going there, obviously.

If I create another player, I'll probably look to go to Louisville or Wisconsin.

# 53 Fiasco West @ 09/20/15 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
How will the college part work with the 9 or 10 teams?... Will you be playing an elite 8 tournament or will they fill in the rest with generic schools?
I'm really curious about this too.

My guess is that we will play the other 9 teams and then something will happen. Your player will get hurt or be forced to forfeit the rest of the year somehow for the sake of the story. Either that or it'll just be the elite 8.

Hopefully they will expand on the NCAA thing...would be nice if we just had NCAA games

# 54 dxyyz1 @ 09/20/15 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
I'm really curious about this too.

My guess is that we will play the other 9 teams and then something will happen. Your player will get hurt or be forced to forfeit the rest of the year somehow for the sake of the story. Either that or it'll just be the elite 8.

Hopefully they will expand on the NCAA thing...would be nice if we just had NCAA games
There is only 3 college games...

# 55 eko718 @ 09/20/15 10:15 PM
Quote:
I saw him in that vid. Cliff Alexander was removed from the team at some point during the season so he might not be there.

# 56 BA2929 @ 09/20/15 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Since we know that college courts are in the game, at least judging from the MYCAREER video, then I wonder if we can use those as a court for a relocated team in MYLEAGUE?

I want to move the Pacers to Louisville and then use the YUM Center as my court. I don't mind creating it, but it would be nice if I didn't have to because it was already in the game.
I wouldn't be so sure the individual arenas are actually in the game. In the video posted in this thread, that is NOT Allen Fieldhouse. The court is pretty accurate though. Not that I care that the Fieldhouse isn't in, just being able to pick KU is awesome, but I just wanted to point it out.

# 57 Tunechid @ 09/20/15 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxyyz1
There is only 3 college games...
I know high school is 3 games on 2 minute quarters are you sure about college? I would imagine you play every college in the game.

# 58 lakers24 @ 09/20/15 10:31 PM
Kind of wondering if all the offers you get changes depending on HS play. Because I see he received 9 offers but we knew about 11 teams that 2k has the license to. I've also noticed each cover stars school hasn't been confirmed yet, but they appeared in the player trailers oddly enough.

Davidson, ASU, & Kentucky have all appeared in marketing (2 of which are on the game covers), and Wisconsin was apart of the original leak of licensed schools.

Quote:
I know high school is 3 games on 2 minute quarters are you sure about college? I would imagine you play every college in the game.
Not really, it's quite possible it's 3 games as well to make it an even 6 before the pros. I'd hope it'd be longer though as I would like to soak in the experience.

BTW, does anyone know if we can edit the quarter length for these games kind of like we previously could for MyCareer or are they locked?

# 59 dxyyz1 @ 09/20/15 10:45 PM
Quote:
yea college is 3 games as well with two 5 minute halves or 5 minute quarters(stream ended to early to find out)

# 60 shotgunn240 @ 09/20/15 10:53 PM
Are we forced into being one and done players? I would love to spend 4 years in college and then enter the draft. The NBA and media has very little love for seniors. I want to become the best center in the game after the "experts" said that I have very little potential Left for growth.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.