Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 is available today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 flo182 @ 09/22/15 10:35 AM
Does anybody know when the first roster update is available?

Just started FIFA and I was surprised that some transfers havent been done (e.g. De Bruyne still at Wolfsburg).

# 22 ~LiverpoolRed~ @ 09/22/15 10:49 AM
It was every Friday for FIFA 15, I assume it will be again.

# 23 J-Unit40 @ 09/22/15 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
Anyone play offline.

I've only played 2 games, Benfica [me] vs Chelsea and Bilbao [me] vs Real Madrid and there were a total of ZERO shots from outside the box.

Anyone actually experience the CPU take shots from outside the box?

You have to lower the CPU shot error to a value somewhere between 20-30 to see the CPU take shots outside the box. Give it a try.

The CPU will still have plenty of shots that are off target and you'll see some shots outside the box.

# 24 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/22/15 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182

Just started FIFA and I was surprised that some transfers havent been done (e.g. De Bruyne still at Wolfsburg).
He was on Man City last night, so they already did one. They'll probably release another on Friday.

# 25 ZoneBlitz @ 09/22/15 10:58 AM
I will be playing when I get home. On the demo the shots were coming from all over the place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

# 26 poster @ 09/22/15 10:58 AM
Quote:
Legacy defending is cheap. In real soccer, at least skilled soccer, 4 guys don't go after the ball carrier because it would leave three guys open and they would be found through simple one-touch passes.

FIFA needs to get rid of this.
It's about making your cpu controlled teammates active and bringing them into the action when needed. With the regular defending, they just sit back and don't do enough, especially if you play off the ball. It needs to be used in moderation, and you can pay for over using it or using it at the incorrect time.

More options are better, as we are unique as individuals and have different thoughts on what may work best. No way they should get rid of any option, but I am on the other side of the coin in that I can't play with the regular defending as it isn't good enough.

Quote:
Anyone play offline.

I've only played 2 games, Benfica [me] vs Chelsea and Bilbao [me] vs Real Madrid and there were a total of ZERO shots from outside the box.

I've seen tons of shots from outside or on the edge of the box. To me this is a much improved aspect of the game.

# 27 Peji911 @ 09/22/15 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
You have to lower the CPU shot error to a value somewhere between 20-30 to see the CPU take shots outside the box. Give it a try.

The CPU will still have plenty of shots that are off target and you'll see some shots outside the box.
Thank you!

# 28 Peji911 @ 09/22/15 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I've seen tons of shots from outside or on the edge of the box. To me this is a much improved aspect of the game.
I didn't really play the demo, only the two games. So hopefully that's the case. It's encouraging at least

# 29 guayo10 @ 09/22/15 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182

There is one available already, should have all the transfers done. I noticed Halilovic was at Sporting. If you already did the roster update then ignore this. I didn't look too much into the BPL

# 30 Garrett67 @ 09/22/15 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Operation sports Kat Baily has officially written the worst review in the history of gaming. How does operation sports allow her on their podcast?
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fifa...down-the-table

She doesn't mention anything about the revolution in terms of gameplay balance this year. She thinks the best football game ever created is stale. LMAO

It's not really OS's podcast. They may sponsor it but I'd say it's more Rich's than anyone. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, that review wasn't terrible

# 31 jb12780 @ 09/22/15 12:09 PM
Quote:
Legacy defending is cheap. In real soccer, at least skilled soccer, 4 guys don't go after the ball carrier because it would leave three guys open and they would be found through simple one-touch passes.

FIFA needs to get rid of this.
Never seen 4 guys go after the ball with legacy defending.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 32 HenryClay1844 @ 09/22/15 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Operation sports Kat Baily has officially written the worst review in the history of gaming. How does operation sports allow her on their podcast?
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fifa...down-the-table

She doesn't mention anything about the revolution in terms of gameplay balance this year. She thinks the best football game ever created is stale. LMAO
She mentioned on a podcast just months ago that "fifa had the best career mode." I really question her judgement, but to each his own.

# 33 chelios7 @ 09/22/15 12:26 PM
Quote:
Anyone play offline.

I had Shaqiri from Stoke drill one in from about 10 feet out of the box on me. It was an absolute rocket too.

# 34 Zac @ 09/22/15 12:40 PM
I've been enjoying this game much more than I ever did with the past two editions. I have complaints, but I personally feel this is the best FIFA in a good while. Plan on playing with default settings until it becomes too easy (or too hard), then using the good ole community sliders.

# 35 ChaseB @ 09/22/15 12:54 PM
I've seen lots of shots outside the box, but maybe it's due to how I generally defend.

# 36 ZoneBlitz @ 09/22/15 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I've seen lots of shots outside the box, but maybe it's due to how I generally defend.
If that's the case then that's awesome. It means the game is responding also to how you play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

# 37 fearwhatnow @ 09/22/15 01:03 PM
Quote:
I've played 3 consecutive games against Norwich, Swansea and Crystal Palace. Many shots outside the box and for a while I thought that this needs to be toned down.
I haven't tried other leagues but BPL is a joy to play. Each of these teams had also their unique attacking approach.

# 38 Peji911 @ 09/22/15 01:04 PM
Quote:
So, the general rule of them is that the AI no longer tries to walk it in, and even when it does, it does not pass it around?

Im at work and cannot test it out...

# 39 SpritePuck @ 09/22/15 01:11 PM
Quote:
So, the general rule of them is that the AI no longer tries to walk it in, and even when it does, it does not pass it around?

Im at work and cannot test it out...
In fifteen women's matches and twenty men's I have yet to have them pass the ball around inside the box. Maybe a one pass to a shot.

They shoot early and often! From anywhere and everywhere. This does change depending who you play. But you see long crosses from mid field flying in for forwards. You see players shoot from wide and for me a lot of out side the box shots. I tend to drop back to prevent someone getting behind me and they shoot from outside a lot!

In my opinion the shooting issue from the demo is also gone. I have not seen finesse shots unless I used the R1.

Literally the best football game ever made. I love PES and am not a FIFA fangirl. This game is purely wonderful. Not perfect... but very good football.

# 40 SpritePuck @ 09/22/15 01:23 PM
This game is flat out the best sports game I have ever played. I Would never give a game a 10 but this is a solid 9-9.5 and No previous sports game would I rank over an 8.

If they had done a little more with MM it would be a 10. Just my opinion but it is sim like. It is fun and it looks good. Finally in FIFA teams play different... Finally you can rely on your teammates to defend. When I loose I do not feel cheated.

Just a great game... Could not be happier! Finally a video game worth $60. I would have paid more.

I loved the demo and still the game has surpassed my expectations.

Anyone who reviewed it as stale is not a fan of sim sports gaming. I have only played offline and am a sim style gamer. Usually PES is my fave football game but not this year. FIFA 16 is simply the best sports game I have ever played.

I own every copy of The Show since it came out on PS3 (my fave sports series) and I would trade them all in for this game if That was the only way I could get it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.