Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 is available today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 09/24/15 10:42 AM
This game is clearly far and away the most realistic FIFA ever made - but the only thing that bugs me is the frame rate drops. It's ridiculous, actually. I've never experienced this before in any FIFA game.

I'm playing on Xbox One.

# 122 Altimus @ 09/24/15 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
This game is clearly far and away the most realistic FIFA ever made - but the only thing that bugs me is the frame rate drops. It's ridiculous, actually. I've never experienced this before in any FIFA game.

I'm playing on Xbox One.
Don't think I've seen this but I would do a full reboot. Turn off the Xbox by holding the power button and then unplug the power cable for 30 seconds. This clears the cache so hopefully that is your issue.

# 123 ZoneBlitz @ 09/24/15 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Don't think I've seen this but I would do a full reboot. Turn off the Xbox by holding the power button and then unplug the power cable for 30 seconds. This clears the cache so hopefully that is your issue.
Has this helped you in the past?

Sometimes we forget, at the end of the day, these consoles are just computers. Dedicated to one purpose but a computer nonetheless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

# 124 xicpanad @ 09/24/15 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Has this helped you in the past?

Sometimes we forget, at the end of the day, these consoles are just computers. Dedicated to one purpose but a computer nonetheless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I experience the same thing. Already did it once and it seemed to have worked... now its happening again but i use to leave my xbox on Instant restart, so maybe I have to reboot it again on normal mode... I´ve been playing so much this game that my Xbox might just need a real rest lol

# 125 ZoneBlitz @ 09/24/15 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xicpanad
I experience the same thing. Already did it once and it seemed to have worked... now its happening again but i use to leave my xbox on Instant restart, so maybe I have to reboot it again on normal mode... I´ve been playing so much this game that my Xbox might just need a real rest lol
With NBA 2k coming out, my XBox One may never see any rest between that and FIFA16. LOL!

# 126 sroz39 @ 09/24/15 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
As I posted in the community sliders thread, I think the game for me plays best on Pro.

The CPU plays with purpose and not just to keep possession and pass the ball around. They are more aggressive taking shots from outside the box and they make more mistakes.

It felt a little robotic on WC. Like the CPU had zero desire to take shots that would be off target.

I think if you use Pro and play with pace not spamming turbo, you'll have a fun experience and yes Sim. I think Pro gives the best balance between fun and sim.
I have to agree with this and at the moment, playing all manual except shooting with Tactical defending provides enough challenge. However, I can tell I will need to eventually play with some sliders to make the AI a little more threatening.

This year's WC difficulty plays miles better than last year's however on Pro, it plays most realistically.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

# 127 Gnemi @ 09/24/15 03:15 PM
If you play on World Class with tactical defending, you will positively WORK YOUR *** off defending, because your AI teammates, painfully, still don't do anything. They won't pressure, they won't cut lanes, they just stand around giving acres of space to the CPU.

Maybe Pro difficulty can be made challenging enough, but World Class seems bonkers right now. The CPU defends incredibly well on World Class, in ways that I envy.

# 128 BengalTiger @ 09/24/15 03:40 PM
In my opinion, this is one of, if not the best game EA Sports has released in recent memory. It's almost perfect out of the box. I play on Pro, no slider adjustments and am having some absolute wonderful games. I'm learning to sit back, play passing lanes wait for a CPU mistake and try to hit them on a counter or something. Building up an attack, moving the ball around it's great. Last year it was get the ball to your fastest player and sprint/score. Please, EA, i'm begging you don't start screwing up the game with patches.

# 129 BengalTiger @ 09/24/15 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
As I posted in the community sliders thread, I think the game for me plays best on Pro.

The CPU plays with purpose and not just to keep possession and pass the ball around. They are more aggressive taking shots from outside the box and they make more mistakes.

It felt a little robotic on WC. Like the CPU had zero desire to take shots that would be off target.

I think if you use Pro and play with pace not spamming turbo, you'll have a fun experience and yes Sim. I think Pro gives the best balance between fun and sim.
That's exactly my thoughts. It's taking me a while to trust in my AI teammates, but i'm doing it rather than constantly switching players to head off an attack. And you are dead on about not spamming turbo. Play your lanes, and let the CPU make a mistake. Also i noticed setting my midfielders instructions to Agressive Intercept Passes or something like that helps a lot too.

# 130 Awesomenessmiz @ 09/24/15 03:46 PM
Is it worth getting?

# 131 TheDutchDad @ 09/24/15 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomenessmiz
Is it worth getting?
Have you not read any reviews in this thread yet?

# 132 xicpanad @ 09/24/15 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomenessmiz
Is it worth getting?
Lets say it this way:
Last year Fifa was good, but with some big flaws, specially on the defensive department.
This year, it´s one of the best games out there. You won´t know what you´re missing until you get it.

# 133 mebby @ 09/24/15 05:04 PM
Dang! Been out of town all week. Heading back tonight. I'll definitely buy this one and start playing it. I had kinda gotten tired of FIFA (and I'm an avid soccer player and fan) and was starting to drift away from it.

Sounds like this is NOT the year to do so...

# 134 NY4Life @ 09/24/15 05:45 PM
I know this game is getting alot of love and I feel the need to also give this game it's due. It's really, really good. If you are on the fence, just get it. I am very glad that I gave in to temptation and got it.

I have only played 3 games of 2016 this year and so far I am very impressed. I know it's only been 3 games but scoring and defending do not feel cheap...feels alot less "scripted". Everything feels earned by both the CPU and my scoring. I lost a match 6-0, where all but 1 of the goals were because I made dumb passes that they capitalized on. 100% my fault and loved it. I was playing as Wolves in the English second tier league against a team I was not familiar with in the pre-season tourney (Career Mode).

I then tied a match 1-1 playing as Queens Park Rangers, where both of the goals were off beautiful free kick setups. Mine coming from outside the box, ricocheting off the inner post and made me just get up and cheer! Last year I could find a way into the box way too much for easier scores on World Class. Not this year. Game is making me work for it, and not brute force my way into the box. Maybe it was how I played last year, but I would score in the same ways and it got boring. I also felt like the CPU had some kind of comeback logic where if they were determined to score, they would no matter what. It may have just been in my head, but it felt like they went into some sort of beast mode when they were down.

This year's game just feels different. Much better. I am only a casual soccer fan, but I think have seen enough games to get how a good sim should feel. IMO, 16 is a big improvement over 14 and 15 and no longer feels like a frantic back and forth. Feels close to the real thing out of the box. Kudos to the FIFA team!

Off to start my career mode...probably with a second tier Barclay's or BBVA team. Most likely Queens Park Rangers. Maybe this game will finally get me into watching more real soccer and maybe...just maybe...call it football.

# 135 LionsFanNJ @ 09/24/15 06:45 PM
My newest favorite thing in fifa? The feel of shooting seems so much better. I feel like I have more control of my shot location now. Had a cross I was trying to head to the far post, and the game animated Aguero ducking underneath to direct it where I wanted.

# 136 gottaplaysome @ 09/24/15 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY4Life
I know this game is getting alot of love and I feel the need to also give this game it's due. It's really, really good. If you are on the fence, just get it. I am very glad that I gave in to temptation and got it.

I have only played 3 games of 2016 this year and so far I am very impressed. I know it's only been 3 games but scoring and defending do not feel cheap...feels alot less "scripted". Everything feels earned by both the CPU and my scoring. I lost a match 6-0, where all but 1 of the goals were because I made dumb passes that they capitalized on. 100% my fault and loved it. I was playing as Wolves in the English second tier league against a team I was not familiar with in the pre-season tourney (Career Mode).

I then tied a match 1-1 playing as Queens Park Rangers, where both of the goals were off beautiful free kick setups. Mine coming from outside the box, ricocheting off the inner post and made me just get up and cheer! Last year I could find a way into the box way too much for easier scores on World Class. Not this year. Game is making me work for it, and not brute force my way into the box. Maybe it was how I played last year, but I would score in the same ways and it got boring. I also felt like the CPU had some kind of comeback logic where if they were determined to score, they would no matter what. It may have just been in my head, but it felt like they went into some sort of beast mode when they were down.

This year's game just feels different. Much better. I am only a casual soccer fan, but I think have seen enough games to get how a good sim should feel. IMO, 16 is a big improvement over 14 and 15 and no longer feels like a frantic back and forth. Feels close to the real thing out of the box. Kudos to the FIFA team!

Off to start my career mode...probably with a second tier Barclay's or BBVA team. Most likely Queens Park Rangers. Maybe this game will finally get me into watching more real soccer and maybe...just maybe...call it football.
I echo your thoughts on just how amazing this game feels. I've only got a few games under my belt but this game just rocks bigtime!!! There is a whole lot to like in this game this year and I hesitated to buy it. I'm very glad I did!

Here's to hoping EA do not issue gameplay destroying patches...

# 137 jvalverde88 @ 09/24/15 08:48 PM
They fixed the way the CPU plays late in games. Last year teams, no matter how strong the team was, would play for the draw. Well as PSG I played Reims and they were playing for the draw/to go to penalties. I then played Barcelona, we were tied late in the game and they were still attacking late all the way until the end of extra time.

# 138 taylor34 @ 09/24/15 09:42 PM
The only thing I feel needs addressing is some really bad CPU passing by the goals sometimes in pro club pickup games. It seems like at least once a game the goalie or defender will pass the ball directly to the opponent in scoring position for no reason (i.e. like there are 4 defenders and one opposition player, and for some inexplicable reason the CPU passes directly to the opposition player). I've seen it enough to know that it's some sort of issue, it didn't happen last year, and it's so blatantly obvious when it happens during the game (i.e. it's not like the opposition player made an awesome play and intercepted the pass, it's like a direct pass to them).

# 139 tessl @ 09/24/15 10:42 PM
I just got the game today and have only played a few games but it is clear this is the best FIFA ever. The last version I played was FIFA 14 and this is a major improvement on the pitch.

If I was going to change anything it would be to add an option to turn manager firing off in career mode.

# 140 BrianFifaFan @ 09/25/15 04:57 AM
Wow. Finally got it on my PC, and played a match just now. I played Liverpool at Old Trafford. First thing, presentation and overall graphical quality has made a HUGE jump over last year. Only knock is you can tell who got a face scan, and who didn't. Depay and Martial look pretty off. But other than that, it is a thing of beauty. I love the crowds, far more animated and never saw a reaction from them that didn't fit the situation. Sound was very immersive. i felt I was in a big stadium. Players look better proportioned to the pitch, size wise. Feels like a huge football pitch. Lots of room to run around in and play into space. That said, please do not change a thing about gameplay! It is darn near perfect. DeGea was a monster. He saved my bacon multiple times while I sorted out my D.

I loved that every goal I scored was different. And, on a shallow note, they redid my favorite chacha animation! I headed in with Smalling, a powerful looking animation btw, and he looked great dancing! I got my "can't touch this" achievement with Depay weaving in the box for my first goal. Guys who handle the ball are as killer as they should be, IMO. Guys who aren't get loose with the ball. I brought in Scweinsteiger at 70 mnutes and noticed he would take the ball and put it out in front of himself ready to pass, just like he does IRL. Nice little touch. All in all, I loved the match. This is a whole new FIFA. I'm loving it. Gotta put up some footage once the Moddingway mod comes out. This game is all ready in all time classic territory. That's just icing on the cake! Happy, Happy, Happy!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.