Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 players in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

For those of you that may have missed it, Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system about a month ago, you can read it here.

Previously released NBA 2K16 player ratings:

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 eltyboogie @ 09/23/15 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpo
So Much ignorance in this post. Curry is perfect where is, based off the entire body of work last year. And the idea of melo being better defensively than curry is also laughable. People so stuck in the past. Curry played solid D last year.
Curry plays with a dpoty candidate (green)
one of the best defensive centers if not the best in the league (bogut)
one of the best two way players in the league (klay)
and also iggy who is a great perimeter defender
is it illogical to think that maybe he is just a good team defender/hidden by the defensive schemes (much like prime nash) than to say he is actually a good individual defender?

# 62 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

Lol, no one was calling GSW stacked the season before and it's practically the same team.

This simply isn't true. If you were in the actual NBA forum and not the video game forum you would see many of us calling them the best/deepest team in the league to start the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 63 eltyboogie @ 09/23/15 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Lol. Curry had the highest RPM in the league. He's not just riding on his team. He's as much a part of their success as they are built around his insane offense.

Curry had a better season than CP3 though they are close. He's a shade better than Harden though I think Curry teams would have a higher ceiling. Same goes for Westbrook who I consider the worst player of all of these (by a shade). He has a bigger impact on offense and slightly better impact on defense than the latter two players. It's arguable that Davis was or will immediately be better than Curry but just as easily argued that Curry had a better season.

Lol, no one was calling GSW stacked the season before and it's practically the same team.

Curry's defense has more positive impact than Melo. He also plays in a position where defense hurts you the least, and he's clearly a much better offensive player.
The difference with GSW was Kerr and the emergence of Green and Klay though...
Im not sure about advanced stats but Curry put up similar numbers in 2014 to 2015. He was more efficient and cut down on his turnovers iirc.
And Curry's shot selection is pretty bad too
Just because it goes in does not make it a good shot lol

# 64 eltyboogie @ 09/23/15 03:03 AM
Also Cousins is not better than Blake imo
Blake is just a notch under AD in my eyes
I do think Cousins is better than Aldridge though

# 65 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
The difference with GSW was Kerr and the emergence of Green and Klay though...

Im not sure about advanced stats but Curry put up similar numbers in 2014 to 2015. He was more efficient and cut down on his turnovers iirc.

And Curry's shot selection is pretty bad too

Just because it goes in does not make it a good shot lol

His pure numbers were almost identical.. His efficiency took a jump up, but I already posted in another thread how many open looks he had this year. He was the best player on the best team in the league no question about it, but that "best team" paid massive dividends to his game as well, and he's now to the point that people are somewhat overrating him.

# 66 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 03:05 AM
Quote:

All of them are pretty close, I'm glad it's reflected that way in the game.

# 67 cbpo @ 09/23/15 03:06 AM
Quote:
Curry plays with a dpoty candidate (green)
one of the best defensive centers if not the best in the league (bogut)
one of the best two way players in the league (klay)
and also iggy who is a great perimeter defender
is it illogical to think that maybe he is just a good team defender/hidden by the defensive schemes (much like prime nash) than to say he is actually a good individual defender?
Ugh read previous posts jesus. DRPM TAKES INTO ACCOUNT and eliminates the otherwise skewing of curry's defensive box minus from teammates. Yes his teammates are great defenders, but he was still a net positive in DRPM, leading all pg's irrespective of how good his teammates are. Im just going to start ignoring these posts when people don't understand advanced stats at all and their arguments are based off media/previous nba seasons.

To further illuminate in case you still don't understand, an example of how DRPM works, The spurs were one of the best defensive teams in the NBA,and tony parker was on the court with Danny Green, Kawhi, Duncan etc all good to elite defenders just like curry however Tony parker still had a DRPM of - 3.33, 2nd worst among pg's to only zach lavine because the statistic eliminates skewing from his teammates.

# 68 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 03:07 AM
DRPM is based on points per 100 possessions though. Which Does factor in how good your team defense is.

# 69 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 03:08 AM

# 70 eltyboogie @ 09/23/15 03:08 AM
advanced stats are garbage and a way for people that dont really know basketball to seem "smart"

at you sitting here telling me Curry is a good defender

# 71 cbpo @ 09/23/15 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
DRPM is based on points per 100 possessions though. Which Does factor in how good your team defense is.

No, It's simply a measure of how much of a positive or negative the person is over the average player per 100 possessions. It's not relative to that persons team. So just for any team in general based off of his performance last year, curry would be expected to be worth 1.9 points defensively over the average player. The statistic was literally designed for this purpose i don't know what else to say lol.
That's why I had to give the tony parker example of a player, who similar to curry is in a starting line up stacked with defensive players yet he still has a very negative DRPM because it eliminates the skewing from them.

# 72 cbpo @ 09/23/15 03:17 AM
Quote:
advanced stats are garbage and a way for people that dont really know basketball to seem "smart"

Ok Charles Barkley, literally just so full of ignorance rofl. That is why nba teams spend millions of dollars on analytics departments because they're garbage, they just spend the money because they don't understand basketball and want to seem smart lmao.

# 73 Sundown @ 09/23/15 03:17 AM
Quote:

Lol okay. Because at the end of the day basketball isn't actually about putting points on the board efficiently and how much a player is better at it than another.

I could easily say disparaging advanced stats is a way for people that don't really understand it to still seem knowledge and ignore the fact that objective evidence does not support their takes.

The eye test and advanced stats work together. But when advanced stats counter "impressions", "knowledge", "reputation" and other general unnuanced subjective hand waving, as does actual analysis in the case of Curry beyond simplistic disbelief there's often something going on.

# 74 eltyboogie @ 09/23/15 03:18 AM
Quote:
Ok Charles Barkley, literally just so full of ignorance rofl. That is why nba teams spend millions of dollars on analytics departments because they're garbage, they just spend the money because they don't understand basketball and want to seem smart lmao.
What have analytics gotten the Rockets and Sixers?
Advanced stats are cool
but people like you are blind to common sense and just go off what stats say and disregard anything else except those stats

# 75 CaliDude916 @ 09/23/15 03:19 AM
Quote:
PPG, RPG, BLKPG, PER all higher than Griffin. I respect your opinion, but I disagree.

# 76 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 03:19 AM
Quote:
No, It's simply a measure of how much of a positive or negative the person is over the average player per 100 possessions. It's not relative to that persons team. So just for any team in general based off of his performance last year, curry would be expected to be worth 1.9 points defensively over the average player. The statistic was literally designed for this purpose i don't know what else to say lol.

That's why I had to give the tony parker example of a player, who similar to curry is in a starting line up stacked with defensive players yet he still has a very negative DRPM because it eliminates the skewing from them.

"Measured in points allowed per 100 defensive possessions"

# 77 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
PPG, RPG, BLKPG, PER all higher than Griffin. I respect your opinion, but I disagree.

They are close. Blake can run an offense and to me that might give him the slight edge. At times he's basically an extra guard on the court for them.

Blake would average more rebounds if not playing alongside the best rebounder in the league (averaged 13 in the playoffs actually), he would score more if he got the touches and was demanded of it like Cousins is, and he's a PF, ridiculous to expect him to block as many shots as Cousins especially given that they have Jordan.

# 78 eltyboogie @ 09/23/15 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
Cousins stats are partially inflated because of his team much like Love in Minnesota
And his efficiency is terrible
Didnt he lead the league in total turnovers?

# 79 cbpo @ 09/23/15 03:26 AM
Quote:
What have analytics gotten the Rockets and Sixers?
Advanced stats are cool
but people like you are blind to common sense and just go off what stats say and disregard anything else except those stats
What is this even supposed to mean? I played basketball my entire life and I watch the game with a passion. However I'm not ******** and understand that I don't watch 82 games and analyze every defensive possession, and I'm sure neither do you. There are times where players will miss defensive rotations which leads to points and as a human we won't notice it.

Advanced stats got the rockets to the Western Conference, it also is the driving force behind the warriors play style and the shape of the league today. Teams are increasingly moving toward shooting 3's and attacking the paint and trying to eliminate mid range jumpers as much as possible. The people who don't believe in advanced stats, aka people with archaic basketball philosophies like byron scott are being left in the dust with their extremely inefficient offenses.

Obviously talent is still the single most important thing, but with analytics you can maximize that talent.

It's clear you simply don't understand them that is all rofl. They are very important and thus, why teams are spending so much money to understand them more and will continue to do so.

Your arguments are literally "LOL YOU THINK CURRY IS A GOOD DEFENDER" with no other evidence, because all evidence based off of last year shows curry played above average to good defense. Evidence from previous years suggests he was a poor defender which he was at the time... it's called improving. It's a thing player's can do in case you weren't aware.

# 80 cbpo @ 09/23/15 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
"Measured in points allowed per 100 defensive possessions"

---.---- MY post literally said it's measured in points per 100 possessions, i was saying no how that has literally NOTHING to do or correlate with the fact that it is impacted by teammates rofl.

If you want an explanation by the people who actually created it

"It reflects the impact of each player on his team's scoring margin after controlling for the strength of every teammate and every opponent during each minute he's on the court.

Adjusted +/- ratings indicate how many additional points are contributed to a team's scoring margin by a given player in comparison to the league-average player whose adjusted +/- value is zero over the span of a typical game. It is assumpted that in a typical game a team has 100 offensive and 100 defensive possessions. For example, if a +6.5 "adjusted +/-" player is on the floor with 4 average teammates, his team will average about 6.5 points better per 100 possessions than 5 average players would."

"[The] metric isolates the unique plus-minus impact of each NBA player by adjusting for the effects of each teammate, opposing player and coach. ... The RPM model sifts through more than 230,000 possessions each NBA season to tease apart the "real" plus-minus effects attributable to each player, employing techniques similar to those used by scientific researchers when they need to model the effects of numerous variables at the same time."

There is literally only two ways to measure which is per game and per 100 possessions lol, that has absolutely nothing to do or correlate with the fact that it's impacted by how good their teammates are.

But regardless, don't have to believe me, but if you choose not to believe the creators of the metric then there really is no point in even debating with you rofl.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.