Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 players in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

For those of you that may have missed it, Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system about a month ago, you can read it here.

Previously released NBA 2K16 player ratings:

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 DC @ 09/23/15 09:44 PM
Watch your mouth with the CP3 slander Roster Boy!

# 102 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 09:59 PM
I don't care one way or another about the Melo debate.. But let's not even try to pretend like playing along side Iverson was supposed to make things better for him, or that he ever played with a healthy Amar'e, or that Tyson Chandler is a star who even impacted the rest of those garbage teams.

The majority of his Knicks squads haven't been all that talented, and the coaching has been just as bad or worse. Melo has shown that when he's in the right situations he can defend and share the ball too, we just haven't consistently seen that from him in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 103 CMH @ 09/24/15 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
Melo literally played the last 9 years of his career next to some combination of

Allen Iverson
Chauncey Billups
Amare Stoudemire
Tyson Chandler

His playoff record over that time is 22-44, and his teams have never trumped 54 regular season wins.

You are right about that - if Melo "goes anywhere" it's because of the other players who won despite him. He does not play a winning style of basketball, not in the year 2015. He has had talented teams built around him for over a decade yet has minimal success to show for it.

Paul (last 4 years): 19-25 playoffs
Melo (last 9 years): 22-44 playoffs

KK
So you're just going to grab Paul's last four years but ignore his entire career of 2nd round and out? Okay!

That right there makes this discussion moot. Enjoy editing.

sent from my mobile device

# 104 idrisguitar @ 09/24/15 07:43 AM
Melo is a pure scorer who demands too much of the ball, and he can do NOTHING else.

He isn't a good playmaker like harden, isn't a good defender like lebron, and doesn't shoot at a high enough percentage to justify his fault like say Dirk, or others of his ilk did in their prime.

To sum up, he is an amazing offensive weapon, but will never have the skills needed to drive a team to a ring.

# 105 CMH @ 09/24/15 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
Melo is a pure scorer who demands too much of the ball, and he can do NOTHING else.

He isn't a good playmaker like harden, isn't a good defender like lebron, and doesn't shoot at a high enough percentage to justify his fault like say Dirk, or others of his ilk did in their prime.

To sum up, he is an amazing offensive weapon, but will never have the skills needed to drive a team to a ring.
What does that have to do with people complaining about his rating?

LeBron and Harden are rated higher than him. So what's your point?

# 106 idrisguitar @ 09/24/15 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
What does that have to do with people complaining about his rating?

LeBron and Harden are rated higher than him. So what's your point?
hah yeah, forgot to say: He is overrated (his defensive stats SHOULD bring his overall much lower than that....so I dont get it).

It was a between the lines kind of post

# 107 Mauer4MVP @ 09/24/15 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I don't care one way or another about the Melo debate.. But let's not even try to pretend like playing along side Iverson was supposed to make things better for him, or that he ever played with a healthy Amar'e, or that Tyson Chandler is a star who even impacted the rest of those garbage teams.

The majority of his Knicks squads haven't been all that talented, and the coaching has been just as bad or worse. Melo has shown that when he's in the right situations he can defend and share the ball too, we just haven't consistently seen that from him in a long time.

Amar'e was having a legitimate MVP type season before Melo came.

And are you really kicking Tyson Chandler to the curb so quickly? He's be insanely valuable for a long time. Great defender/rim protector that will catch lobs.

# 108 Blackhail92 @ 09/24/15 09:54 AM
Lol people act like melo didn't lose to the Spurs and lakers in their prime years in first round many times I think about four. Only time I remember his team losing unjustly with higher seeding was the clippers and Denver series and the Utah and nuggets when Karl had left for his cancer. Lol Amare his first year a MVP yes he was. When melo came he still did pretty decent. He however hurt himself doing a trick dunk in game one warm ups against Boston in 2011(that's probably Melos fault somehow according to critics) builips went down as well. Knicks were swept. The next year Knicks played Miami in playoffs and again MVP Amare punches a fire extinguisher and hurts himself(again somehow Melos fault). Shump tore his acl(never was the same) and their starting PG was Mike bibby(lmao). The only consistent thing about those Knicks teams were melo. As far as Tyson goes he was good with NY for about one year. I don't want to discredit him because his offensive rebounding was great but he let Roy hibbert avg 26 and 11 and have 60 offensive rebounds in the whole series. Tyson in my opinion wouldn't be viewed as that great if he never won a ring with Dirk. Ever since then he is this great player which is funny. As for his rating this year i don't know about the number but clearly already I see issues with individual attributes. Melos strengths are mid range shooting and rebounding. He has 3 stars on inside scoring(he's not that elite at it) ad has a c plus rebounding when a worse rebounder in Paul George has a B minus rating.

# 109 CMH @ 09/24/15 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
hah yeah, forgot to say: He is overrated (his defensive stats SHOULD bring his overall much lower than that....so I dont get it).

It was a between the lines kind of post
I think people severely underrate his defense based on what the media says.

Is he amazing? No. But his biggest problem is commitment. He's not defensively challenged. He just doesn't give it his all every time.

Obviously that's a problem. But a lot of people like to throw the words "poor defender" around and I have no doubts most come from fans that just hear it so they believe it.

# 110 ojandpizza @ 09/24/15 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Amar'e was having a legitimate MVP type season before Melo came.

And are you really kicking Tyson Chandler to the curb so quickly? He's be insanely valuable for a long time. Great defender/rim protector that will catch lobs.

Key word "before", once Melo arrived he was injured and never the same after. They had about half a season together and ended up losing to LeBron and co. in Miami.. Idk why Melo would get blame for not winning, nobody beat Miami that year.

I'm not kicking Tyson to the curb, he's a role player who is great at what he does. He's not some star who can turn a franchise around. Melo playing with a good rim protector doesn't change the fact that he still didn't play with any top tier talent. And Tyson's defense isn't enough to pick up the slack of 4 bad defenders.

I'm not trying to jump on the Melo defense here, I don't really care for him much as a person or a player and have the same complaints about his game that most do. I just think that when it comes to ranking him in the league and his place in history that people are ridiculously harsh on a player with his talent/skill.

For comparison sake, Dominique Wilkins did basically the same thing Melo did his entire career. He was a high level shot taker who didn't do much else, could fill it up when he was hot, and scored a lot of points.. One is considered a legend, an all time great, one gets flak for being mentioned with other all star players and nobody wants him around their current top 10 list.

And hell Melo is even a better shooter, better post up player, better ball handler, and probably even a slightly better passer and defender when he wants to be than Nique was.. But I guess Nique was loads more exciting, and played over the rim, I guess that's all that matters really.

# 111 CMH @ 09/24/15 02:34 PM
Dominique is the greatest example. I've tried bringing him up before but it's usually met with silence.

# 112 ojandpizza @ 09/24/15 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Dominique is the greatest example. I've tried bringing him up before but it's usually met with silence.

Could you imagine the reactions of "All Time Great" and "Legend" if they were used in reference to Melo? Most people don't even like his name to be mentioned with today's stars, much less held to the standard that Nique is and make a statue of him lol.

# 113 RandomPerson @ 09/24/15 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
at you sitting here telling me Curry is a good defender
Someone doesn't watch the games closely enough. You're just parroting some old cliche about Curry that isn't even true.

# 114 lakers24 @ 09/24/15 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Could you imagine the reactions of "All Time Great" and "Legend" if they were used in reference to Melo? Most people don't even like his name to be mentioned with today's stars, much less held to the standard that Nique is and make a statue of him lol.

It really is unfortunate that he has that stigma on him because he is one of the most talented players of this era and of all time. Maybe people will appreciate him more when he's no longer playing like they have with so many other players from the past.

# 115 Raider131 @ 09/24/15 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPerson
Someone doesn't watch the games closely enough. You're just parroting some old cliche about Curry that isn't even true.
It's ridiculous that people still think he is some terrible defender when it takes literally 2 minutes to read up and see that he has vastly improved

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12648764/how-stephen-curry-developed-top-flight-defender

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2015/4/1/8324527/stephen-curry-mvp-candidate-defense-golden-state-warriors

# 116 CMH @ 09/24/15 03:16 PM
ESPN. It eats people's minds. They believe everything that crap network spits out.

# 117 ojandpizza @ 09/24/15 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider131
It's ridiculous that people still think he is some terrible defender when it takes literally 2 minutes to read up and see that he has vastly improved

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...light-defender

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/201...state-warriors

He has vastly improved. He went from pretty bad to fairly good. It's just so much credit is given directly to him. When it's not really a coincidence that the first year he has a solid defensive season he's playing on the best defensive team in the league.

I've never seen so much hoopla over a player being average at something. He did a great job of fitting within his teams defensive scheme this year. Literally half the league does that lol.

# 118 raiderphantom @ 09/24/15 11:34 PM
I was tempted to engage in these debates, but nah. Been over the Melo debate 100000 times. I won't say Kawhi is better than Melo but I'd make that swap any day, as a NY fan obviously. No homerism here.

# 119 Real2KInsider @ 09/24/15 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
So you're just going to grab Paul's last four years but ignore his entire career of 2nd round and out? Okay!

That right there makes this discussion moot. Enjoy editing.
I went exclusively with his Clippers seasons. I.E. the ones he is presently "failing" with.

But, uh, sure, let's look at the New Orleans years.

Hornets (2006-2011): 11-13 Playoffs (Peak: 56 Wins)
All-Stars: David West

Clippers (2012-2015): 19-25 Playoffs (Peak: 57 Wins)
All-Stars: Blake Griffin

Melo (2007-2015): 22-44 Playoffs (Peak: 54 Wins)
Melo (2004-2015): 24-56 Playoffs
All-Stars: Allen Iverson (2), Chauncey Billups (2), Amare Stoudemire (1), Tyson Chandler (1)

Paul (2006-2015): 30-38 Playoffs (Peak: 57 Wins)
All-Stars: David West (2), Blake Griffin (5)

Melo has escaped the first round twice in his entire career (count LeBron's Finals trips/rings in that span for the LOLS)
Paul has taken the Clippers to the 2nd round three times in four years.

It's really weird how some people still swear by the guy. And with that, time for 2K16

# 120 ojandpizza @ 09/24/15 11:59 PM
Just because he hasn't won a championship doesn't mean he isn't the best all around PG in the league. Some of yall love to act like a championship isn't a 15 man achievement.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.