Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just released a new NBA 2K16 video, this one features NBA 2K16's Play Now Online mode, which gives gamers an online ranking system for Head to Head and Team Up games, and 10 new created leagues in which you can reach goals and new league seeds. Wins and losses count toward reaching goals and new league seeds, though rising through the ranks won't be easy.
  • 10 different leagues (Freshman through Greatest of All-Time)
  • Wins and losses now count towards reaching goals to advance in leagues
  • Competition is based on your skill level with scouting reports on your opponent
  • Teams are broken out into 3 tiers, beat teams from higher tiers and receive extra league wins
  • As you advance in Play Now Online, you can unlock classic teams to play with
UPDATE: Also mentioned on Twitter by Scott O'Gallagher, Gameplay Producer for NBA 2K16, the difficulty will be set at Superstar Simulation and match making within your league and teams can change tiers based on real world team rankings.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 EarvGotti @ 09/23/15 01:55 PM
Are leaderboards confirmed for this mode?

# 62 Shakedowncapo @ 09/23/15 01:57 PM
Damn I'm going to be disappointed if they added this fantastic mode but the input lag remained.

# 63 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/23/15 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd35okc
sad to see that westbrook face haven't change from last year

He'll most likely get an update like Lillard did later in a patch

# 64 schnakenpopanz @ 09/23/15 02:10 PM
50% of the quality of the game depends on online stability and responsiveness. I know we can not expect miracles, but tis will be year 3 on next gen.

# 65 amedawg00 @ 09/23/15 02:13 PM
Though I prefer to stay away from the cheddar of quick rank by sticking to myleague online with fellow simheads, I am elated for the online nation to get their competitive fix in a much more refined environment. It's always nice to be "playing for something."

Offline heads always refer to playing for fun and leisure but that can only cut it for so long before the robotic cpu gets stale, no matter how much the devs improve the AI. Anyhow..too each their own. Normally stick to posting in myleague online threads but just thought I'd drop by and offer my congrats to peeps that have been sounding the alarm on 2ks antiquated online rank systems for years.

Shout out to online nation and especially nycdafuture. I was just as amped when they announced myleague online so I'm sure online nation is beyond amped with this new mode!

# 66 DoWork @ 09/23/15 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Superstar simulation is the difficulty level for Play Now Online.
What about for Team-up and Pro-Am? Will it also be Superstar Simulation?

# 67 sane478 @ 09/23/15 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityLives
I have been the BIGGEST advocate of input lag/server issues for 2k since forever. It was my biggest problem with them that always held me back from enjoying the game.

I switched to direct Ethernet connection for 15 and I can honestly say it helped a lot. There was still a tiny delay, you cant play much on ball D, but it was bearable and a big improvement from WiFi. WiFi is unplayable and if you are in college still, chances are your connection will suck either way.

I feel your pain tho I dealt with that all through college days, luckily you have more buds around to not need online.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's what I've noticed too, when you switch from Wi-Fi to a wired Ethernet connection it performs a lot better. I've barely had any delays or anything online since switching the connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 68 ricardo.13 @ 09/23/15 02:55 PM
Why not a Unraked Mode for people stopping use the same TOP Team (Cleveland, Houston, Warriors, Thunder and Clippers) every time?
A new mode to people test new teams (Jazz, Wolves & Cia) online and just for fun?

# 69 ghettog @ 09/23/15 03:26 PM
I always thought it was weird that they put all these classic teams in and didn't allow you to use them online in a quick match. One time I think they did if you paid extra for their DLC.

This definitely makes me a lot more interested in playing an online quick match than I was in NBA 2k15.

# 70 Lakers 24 7 @ 09/23/15 03:53 PM
I don't think historic teams should be included in ranked play. On one hand I can't sub in players that are injured in real life (for the sake of realism), meanwhile my opponent can play with retired players? Doesn't make any sense to me and it's going to be nothing but Bulls once everyone has them unlocked.

# 71 Kstat @ 09/23/15 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
I don't think historic teams should be included in ranked play. On one hand I can't sub in players that are injured in real life (for the sake of realism), meanwhile my opponent can play with retired players? Doesn't make any sense to me and it's going to be nothing but Bulls once everyone has them unlocked.
you have to earn your right to use the classic bulls in ranked play. It's not just given to you.

Also, if the 2k15 cheese has been eliminated, the classic bulls are far from a sure thing against any of a dozen other classic teams I can think of. You can't just spam michael jordan anymore.

# 72 Lakers 24 7 @ 09/23/15 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat
you have to earn your right to use the classic bulls in ranked play. It's not just given to you.

Also, if the 2k15 cheese has been eliminated, the classic bulls are far from a sure thing against any of a dozen other classic teams I can think of. You can't just spam michael jordan anymore.
That's what I said. But, it's not about winning, it just gets boring facing the same team over and over. Plus, again it's just not realistic and runs contradictory to their reasoning for removing injured players from ranked play. If I can play with fantasy teams, then let me sub in injured players.

# 73 Kstat @ 09/23/15 04:05 PM
I'm pretty confident with the 1996 sonics against anyone. That's been the most under-appreciated team in the game for years.

# 74 Kstat @ 09/23/15 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
That's what I said. But, it's not about winning, it just gets boring facing the same team over and over. Plus, again it's just not realistic and runs contradictory to their reasoning for removing injured players from ranked play.
Realsim and authenticity are two different things. Asking for "realism" is disingenuous, given that NBA 2K is a video game and video games are about creating your own scenarios. What matters is how authentic the players and teams involved act inside the scenarios you create. When two users are involved, you're both creating 50% of the scenario and you'll just have to deal with what the other guy wants to do.

I surmise not many players will be good enough to reach the summit and unlock the historic teams anyway.

# 75 Bornindamecca @ 09/23/15 04:12 PM
'94 Magic are probably gonna be silly good.

# 76 daystew @ 09/23/15 04:13 PM
Quote:
Realsim and authenticity are two different things. Asking for "realism" is disingenuous, given that NBA 2K is a video game and video games are about creating your own scenarios. What matters is how authentic the players and teams involved act inside the scenarios you create. When two users are involved, you're both creating 50% of the scenario and you'll just have to deal with what the other guy wants to do.

I surmise not many players will be good enough to reach the summit and unlock the historic teams anyway.

I actually hope it's VERY difficult to reach certain levels. It'd be great to get to a level where sim-style was the only way to progress.

# 77 Kstat @ 09/23/15 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
'94 Magic are probably gonna be silly good.
Defense/rebounding was always their achilles heel, and it's always been reflected in 2K.

Amazing offensive team, but on D they were pretty bad.

# 78 Lakers 24 7 @ 09/23/15 04:55 PM
Quote:

That's all well and good, but then why restrict me from subbing in injured players? I brought up lifting that restriction last year at OS and got nothing but rage in response to the suggestion. Everyone replied that it would be unrealistic and not a proper simulation. But, now we can do fantasy match-ups and everyone is ok with it? I understand the excitement behind it, but you have to admit it is a bit hypocritical.

# 79 sschevyridah @ 09/23/15 05:54 PM
Finally a reason to play quick match

# 80 Tybudd @ 09/23/15 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maendros
nice.. but why are bulls blazers and magic and the same tier (2nd) . And Celtics at 3rd..?
Tier might not mean Ranked, might just be segregated groups of teams.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.