Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Visual Concepts Community Managers Ronnie Singh and Chris Manning just finished streaming some head-to-head gameplay of NBA 2K16 on the company's official Twitch channel. Their match between the Los Angeles Lakers and Toronto Raptors was played on Superstar difficulty and default Simulation sliders.

If you didn't get to see the event live, click here to start watching the archive. The actual broadcast starts at timestamp 5:46. If you don't want to spend an hour-and-a-half watching the whole show, here is all of the new information that was announced:

Notes
  • NBA 2K16's Play Now leaderboards will reward users who don't always pick the most talented teams. Previously, the leaderboards were mostly just determined by total wins and total losses.

• NBA 2K16's online servers will be turned on "late tomorrow."

• The "Momentous" trailer will be officially released tomorrow afternoon.
My Career
  • All existing NBA 2K16 My Career save files will be deleted from the 2K servers sometime tomorrow.

• My Career will once again have unlockable endorsements from actual companies like Kia and Gatorade.
Gameplay
  • You can now select which side of the on-ball defender's body your screener will come to.

• The ball handler will have access to four signature dribbles by holding down the R2 button.

• Prerecorded player interviews will occasionally be shown during stoppages in play.

• There are new shooting follow-through animations that give you natural visual feedback on whether or not you're taking good/bad shots, which is helpful if you like to have the shot meter disabled.

• The new defensive meter will light up whenever you are in a good position to contest a shot.

• Manual instant replays now have several new options that are designed to help NBA 2K's video editing community.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BluFu @ 09/23/15 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
As in, save for height and wingspan, everybody has the exact same body and the weight slider doesn't do a thing? Say it ain't so...
I believe I remember someone saying this before... don't quote me on that.

# 22 tb24ster @ 09/23/15 11:26 PM
Does the highlights work on the PS4 on 12 minute quarters? its has not for 3 years straight.

# 23 jyoung @ 09/23/15 11:30 PM
Quote:
haha so all the people playing MyCareer early will have to start all over again? nice spitefulness for 2K lol
LD2K said they wanted to put all of their customers on an even playing field for day 1, since My Career players are also used in The Park and in the Pro Am.

# 24 Gosens6 @ 09/23/15 11:39 PM
Is there a YouTube upload yet? Twitch won't work on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 25 Shaqn0sis @ 09/23/15 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
[*]There are new shooting follow-through animations that give you natural visual feedback on whether or not you're taking good/bad shots, which is helpful if you like to have the shot meter disabled.[/list]

NICE!

# 26 soamazen23 @ 09/23/15 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruLEX$$
I really have the feeling that they dropped the ball once again with CAP. Heard nothing about body scaling , hairstyles, sock length, and most importantly custom jumpshots... Smh
Yep. All i wanted was facescan availabilty outside of my career my gm. They focus way too much on online gameplay and everything that surrounds online

# 27 Black Bruce Wayne @ 09/23/15 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soamazen23
Yep. All i wanted was facescan availabilty outside of my career my gm. They focus way too much on online gameplay and everything that surrounds online
Im guessing you didnt read any of the gameplay blogs

# 28 Greyhound @ 09/24/15 12:06 AM
So is the new classic teams on the last-gen versions of the game?

# 29 thatguywiththebeard @ 09/24/15 12:10 AM
Gameplay looked better to me. I saw nothing to complain about tbh. I felt like the game played fast when it was supposed to. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it. Looks so smooth. Can't wait!

# 30 rudeworld @ 09/24/15 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound
So is the new classic teams on the last-gen versions of the game?
Lol.... your joking.... right?

# 31 tsbmolina @ 09/24/15 01:24 AM

# 32 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/24/15 01:25 AM
Really enjoyed this stream a lot of positives

# 33 Daddy123 @ 09/24/15 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Is there a YouTube upload yet? Twitch won't work on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 34 Vroman @ 09/24/15 02:40 AM
JV looks spot on with that beard, I like it.

# 35 ShaiLeGran @ 09/24/15 03:16 AM
The one think I hate about NBA2K16, is that it makes other sports games obsolete. I mean, look at all the pre-game/half-time shows. Look at the team intro's, look at the player intro's, the side-line interviews, the stat-overlays and so on. Other sports games feel so hollow compared to what 2KSPORTS brings out. These guys know how to make a sports title.

One minor 'complaint': I wish they would have used a new score ticker. I preferred the one from 2k14. And looking at the same one as last year, makes it feel old a bit. Just a very minor 'complaint' of course

# 36 Caelumfang @ 09/24/15 03:33 AM
Was it just me, or does the player size-to-court ratio seem better now with better floor spacing?

# 37 strawberryshortcake @ 09/24/15 04:07 AM
I'm glad the halftime highlights are presented in pulled back broadcast mode. Much more refreshing, much more authentic to tv broadcast. Secondly, I'm glad they actually showed the broadcast play first before zooming in for a more cinematic angle of the same play. Broadcast camera allows one to see the matchups on the floor better. This is how it should be done. Good job 2k.

Next year, I would like to see some sequential breakdown of the action. Tell us what happen during the early part of the first quarter, midway and latter half of the first quarter. Any important runs, gameplay moments (i.e. if Klay Thompson goes off for 37 points in a quarter, let's talk about that; Steph Curry breaks another 3 point record, let's talk about that, etc.). Present the quarters in a way that gives the gamer an idea of what happened had s/he not played/nor watched the 1st and 2nd quarters.

Halftime show-wise, 2k14's was obviously better than 2k15, but 2k14 still had it's fault where the halftime highlight camera was too zoomed in.

Hopefully during franchise mode, they will talk about scores from around the league like they had in the NBA2k14 halftime.

Would have also liked to have seen the postgame show breakdown the 3rd and 4th quarters, unfortunately, it jumped straight into the player of the game with highlights.

Hafltime - 1st quarter highlights (gif could not capture all of it). Love the broadcast angle.

Halftime - 2nd quarter highlights. Love the broadcast angle.

# 38 franzis @ 09/24/15 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

• Manual instant replays now have several new options that are designed to help NBA 2K's video editing community.

YES! YES! and YES!

Sounds something like the good old reelmaker that I missed so much.

# 39 kolkmania @ 09/24/15 05:20 AM
Liked it a lot, seems very fluid. Could definitely notice the difference between running with Scola or Lowry. Absolutely loved how Williams was abused at the defensive end by DeRozan. Defense matters.

# 40 Wolf Ticket @ 09/24/15 05:29 AM
Still nothing done to last second shot situations, treated by the AI as a normal possession...very disappointing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.