Home
PES 2016 News Post

Konami and the PES 2016 team have announced Live Updates will begin on October 1, updating key player stats depending on their weekly performances.

These updated rosters will be available for online play, in the following modes:
  • Online Divisions
  • Friendly Match Lobby
  • Team Play Lobby
  • Online Competition
  • Quick Match
NOTE: Live Updates will also be available for one-off offline matches, such as Exhibition matches and Friendlies.

On October 29, the first Data Pack is scheduled to arrive, which implements updated rosters to all modes, including myCLUB. The Data Pack will also include the following teams:
  • Galatasaray
  • APOEL
  • Maccabi Tel Aviv
  • Panathinaikos
  • Qarabağ
  • HJK
  • Partizan Belgrade
Check out the schedule of releases below.

Source - Konami

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RonMexico1992 @ 09/24/15 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
While I agree that it def helps to know a bit about the sport you also have to take into the audience. We're pretty hard core, almost fanatical, here. I don't think many people who go on ESPN are necessarily looking for a video game review. They probably see it and say "oh cool, let me check it out" but the hardcore fans go to other sites for their video game info.
I don't even get what he is referring to..... No review has anything to do with this update. A review for a sports game is usually based on the on field product. While Konami is quite pitiful, no one reviewing this game 10 days ago was like "lemme rate this game lower because the patch is going to be out on October 29th"? Doesn't even make sense and lacks logic. They were told their would be a Day1 patch from what I heard.

The lack of update hurts the current & immediate future, but a sports game is a 12 month thing. Madden, 2k, FIFA, PES, the majority of these forums go to figuring out how to get the game to play right the first month or so anyway. So after 1 month, you still have 11 months to play, nothing to rate a game lower for.

Honestly this delay has given me, & some of us time to figure out what we want for our ML when it comes to settings & edits, instead of doing that quick ML start and a week or two later being like "lemme restart with these changes and finds", we all have been there lol Once this delay is over, I know one thing: I'm Ready.

So because someone likes the game and reviews it high, means? I don't get it.

# 22 KennyJ1976 @ 09/24/15 11:19 AM
Well I guess I'll have to play FIFA then, even though the gameplay is not as good, until they get their act together at Konami. With all the other editing I have to do, I refuse to update the rosters myself. I always wondered why PES always include their roster updates in data packs instead of just releasing a roster to download every week or so like every other sports game on the market? The winter transfers take just as long if not longer to show up in game. At the end of the day, it's completely unprofessional to release a sports game with rosters from the previous season. Most companies would at least have them partially updated until the new rosters arrive. SMDH Konami.

# 23 RonMexico1992 @ 09/24/15 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
Well I guess I'll have to play FIFA then, even though the gameplay is not as good, until they get their act together at Konami. With all the other editing I have to do, I refuse to update the rosters myself. I always wondered why PES always include their roster updates in data packs instead of just releasing a roster to download every week or so like every other sports game on the market? The winter transfers take just as long if not longer to show up in game. At the end of the day, it's completely unprofessional to release a sports game with rosters from the previous season. Most companies would at least have them partially updated until the new rosters arrive. SMDH Konami.
Asia's business practices are very different from the Western World I must say. To be more hated then EA at the moment, says something.

# 24 electrickeeper @ 09/24/15 11:37 AM
Lol. This is like some bad April Fool's joke

# 25 dubcity @ 09/24/15 01:09 PM
This is confusing, lol. Live Update will be implemented on Oct 1st, but that only applies to player form, so Martial will be in-form but it'll list his team as Monaco? Then it says Live Update will be in effect in offline one-off matches, but again, using outdated rosters? Or will those be updated? Then it says on Oct 29th all rosters in all game modes will be updated/accurate, including myClub? What does it matter if transfers are accurate in myClub? I mean, other than that the club listed in the player profile will be accurate, and I guess they'll add players who weren't previously in the game. Yeah, whatever.

# 26 electrickeeper @ 09/24/15 01:12 PM
I spent ~$60 on last year's squads. Whoever gets my used copy will get updated rosters for a bargain.

# 27 dubcity @ 09/24/15 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I don't think it's actually transferring people that makes it hard. We (the community) an do that with an internet connection and an hour. It's the creating of people that aren't in the game that's probably causing delays.

The community could probably also do that too in about a day.

Yeah, I would like to know how many real players they have had had to create from scratch, because I have my doubts that it is some astronomical number. And most (if not all) of these players will have generic faces and generic skills/attributes.

# 28 RonMexico1992 @ 09/24/15 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
This is confusing, lol. Live Update will be implemented on Oct 1st, but that only applies to player form, so Martial will be in-form but it'll list his team as PSV? Then it says Live Update will be in effect in offline one-off matches, but again, using outdated rosters? Or will those be updated? Then it says on Oct 29th all rosters in all game modes will be updated/accurate, including myClub? What does it matter if transfers are accurate in myClub? I mean, other than that the club listed in the player profile will be accurate, and I guess they'll add players who weren't previously in the game. Yeah, whatever.
I think the MyClub stuff if I understand will be updated fully. Like Martial will be moved from Monaco to Man U & Depay from PSV to Man U etc Nothing major besides form updates.

But have to wait till the 29th for the data pack. The My Club stuff will switch over the server I'm guessing thats much more simpler since it really just says what team they play for in real life, no other real change for My Club mode.

# 29 RoyceDa59 @ 09/24/15 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
I think the MyClub stuff if I understand will be updated fully. Like Martial will be moved from Monaco to Man U & Depay from PSV to Man U etc Nothing major besides form updates.

But have to wait till the 29th for the data pack. The My Club stuff will switch over the server I'm guessing thats much more simpler since it really just says what team they play for in real life, no other real change for My Club mode.
It is still confusing, so next week I am assuming there will be any new players added. Example would be Kevin Trapp which is a German Goalkeeper who is a starter for PSG and that is a big club. I am sure they won't leave him out but we won't get to use him in Offline modes until the end of the month, so weird lol.

# 30 RonMexico1992 @ 09/24/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
It is still confusing, so next week I am assuming there will be any new players added. Example would be Kevin Trapp which is a German Goalkeeper who is a starter for PSG and that is a big club. I am sure they won't leave him out but we won't get to use him in Offline modes until the end of the month, so weird lol.
I don't think he will get in the game until the 29th, when they add him via Data pack right?

Oct. 1st just starts the weekly updates for in forms on My Club pretty much I think. I dont think new players will be added or anything. Just correct teams and form.

maybe wrong idk, but it is odd

# 31 dubcity @ 09/24/15 02:29 PM
So this answers my question regarding rosters on exhibition.

# 32 RonMexico1992 @ 09/24/15 02:42 PM
confusion is real

# 33 dubcity @ 09/24/15 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
confusion is real

Yeah, lol. I think the issue is having all the players added to youth squads and team depth in general for Master League. They can do the main rosters for all the teams - as in the starting 11 and bench - but I'm assuming everything below that is a work in progress. At least that's my guess. Either that or they're turning into FIFA and focusing almost entirely on myClub.

# 34 RoyceDa59 @ 09/24/15 03:20 PM
Quote:
Yeah, lol. I think the issue is having all the players added to youth squads and team depth in general for Master League. They can do the main rosters for all the teams - as in the starting 11 and bench - but I'm assuming everything below that is a work in progress. At least that's my guess. Either that or they're turning into FIFA and focusing almost entirely on myClub.
Their database needs to be redone it is so aged to the point it is laughable. I understand they don't have FIFA/EA's budget but it just goes to show how much Konami really does not care to give this team the budget to keep up with the times.

# 35 TheDutchDad @ 09/24/15 05:00 PM
Disappointing doesn't begin to describe my feelings with Konami.

I went and did my own transfers. Didn't take that long, but I started a ML with in the Championship with my home town Colorado Rapids (replaced Brighton and added Rapids kits and emblems) with default ML squad, so really, in the long run I don't care if squads are 100% accurate. Heck, with how many transfers occur in ML squads change so fast teams wont look same in a year or two.

Does anyone know if the DP in Oct. will mess with kits, competition logos, etc?

# 36 TimmyShagpile @ 09/24/15 07:23 PM
Let's hope the update also tweaks the goalkeepers. I can live with the lack of fouls but horrible goalkeeping is killing me.

# 37 JimmyDeicide @ 09/24/15 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Disappointing doesn't begin to describe my feelings with Konami.

I went and did my own transfers. Didn't take that long, but I started a ML with in the Championship with my home town Colorado Rapids (replaced Brighton and added Rapids kits and emblems) with default ML squad, so really, in the long run I don't care if squads are 100% accurate. Heck, with how many transfers occur in ML squads change so fast teams wont look same in a year or two.

Does anyone know if the DP in Oct. will mess with kits, competition logos, etc?
No it shouldnt change your kits and stuff.

# 38 DirtyCobra @ 09/24/15 07:53 PM
If I edit all the kits, managers names,their pictures, team names rivals, stadium names etc, after the update on the 29th, will those edits stay or will they be erased once the update occurs? Don't want to spend hrs and hrs editing if they vanish once the update happens.

# 39 dubcity @ 09/24/15 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
If I edit all the kits, managers names,their pictures, team names rivals, stadium names etc, after the update on the 29th, will those edits stay or will they be erased once the update occurs? Don't want to spend hrs and hrs editing if they vanish once the update happens.

I was wondering the same thing. The new emblems and kits will be added to the data, and I'm wondering if they'll be inserted into slots that are already in use. Most people I've heard seem to think it won't be an issue

# 40 KG @ 09/24/15 08:09 PM
Quote:
I was wondering the same thing. The new emblems and kits will be added to the data, and I'm wondering if they'll be inserted into slots that are already in use. Most people I've heard seem to think it won't be an issue
I think most people are cautiously optimistic and secretly hoping that Konami won't mess it up. It didn't last year but there have been times where it has.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.