Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 is available today for those that have pre-ordered. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1021 The 24th Letter @ 12/10/15 03:24 PM
OK, you should be good holding the stick straight up then...I think anything else, especially towards the post man is a foul risk...

D Assist is your preference really, I think mine is on default...which I think is 50 and that works for me...

# 1022 jr86 @ 12/14/15 06:10 PM
Looking for advice before considering a purchase.

Strictly offline..Gameplay wise.

Is this game THAT much better than 2k15?

Thanks.

# 1023 The 24th Letter @ 12/15/15 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Looking for advice before considering a purchase.

Strictly offline..Gameplay wise.

Is this game THAT much better than 2k15?

Thanks.

A lot better man....haven't put it down.

Plus it's on sale right now- definitely worth the purchase..

# 1024 tril @ 01/08/16 08:23 AM
First and foremost, I hate being this critical of a NBA2k title. I am a huge proponent of the NBA 2k series.. Ill just say that is is the first year that Ive been this critical of a 2k title. They never disappoint, However this year, they kind of have let me down. again this is just my impression.

2 months with this game and I can honestly say that this the first year that I can say I am mostly disappointed in a NBA2k title.
The game is an exercise in frustration. The game looks great, and the presentation is pretty good.

as an offline mygm\myleague user the game is frustrating.
defense is just plain horrible. I know that we are tasked with having to make gameplan adjustments and have to set up your defensive assignments to counter an opponents strengths, but the problem is that the defense still breaks down way too often, or just doesnt perform as gameplanned. I know there is a thing called defensive awareness, and consistency. but again, nothing works as intended.

fouls feel organic about 50% of the time. the other 50% is just unnatural in my opinion. that percentage is just too high. and the upfake/upfake fouls too over powering. and what happened to all the different foul animations from previous 2k games. in 2k16 they improved the collisions in the paint etc, but they appear to have removed tons of foul animations. compare the foul types in 2k15 to 2k16 and youll see a clear difference in organic feeling fouls.

another major issue is when the cpu controlled teams go on runs. the issue is not with the cpu controlled team that is on said run. its how it is executed. the only way I can describe it is as unnatural and very robotic. passes and shots lose any resemblance of an organic feel. the only way I can compare this feeling is to compare it to that "Globetrotters on Gilligans Island" movie. where the Globetrotters have to play a team of robots. all the passes are extra fast precision passes, all shots arenothing but net. again in my opinion its is very unnatural a majority of the time.

other issues, the subbing and calling plays mechanics. they did nit need to change this from previous years versions. those things worked they should have left it as is.
I know 2k likes to change their control configurations, but this year they went overboard.

morphing. this year there are an abundant number of times where I see players morph through other bodies etc. this si something that I thought 2k prided themselves on. they ahve regressed in thios years title. INO, at times it can be as bad as a madden title.

Ill still support 2k in the future, this isnt an I hate 2k rant. again, Im just a bit disappointed in the most likely GOTY, this year.

# 1025 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 01/08/16 09:26 AM
The dribble cheese from 2k15 is pretty much back lol faced 3 teams doing the "speed boost glitch" wasn't possible to due until patch 4 changes ball handling . The good news it is an easy guard most times . The bad news is those guards under 6 feet with 94 speed , 94 three, 94 ball handling pretty much own the pro am now with this move .

# 1026 JazzMan @ 01/08/16 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
The dribble cheese from 2k15 is pretty much back lol faced 3 teams doing the "speed boost glitch" wasn't possible to due until patch 4 changes ball handling . The good news it is an easy guard most times . The bad news is those guards under 6 feet with 94 speed , 94 three, 94 ball handling pretty much own the pro am now with this move .
Haven't ran into many small dominant guards on pro am yet really. I run as a 6'6" point guard and I usually am able to keep my match up in check. Last night my squad knocked off the 350th team in the world lol its all about size for us. 6'6" PG, 6'5" SG, 6'10" SF, 6'11" PF, 7'0" C.

# 1027 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 01/08/16 10:01 AM
I was ranked 49 in the world so it's more likely I run into them than you since I play more

# 1028 The 24th Letter @ 01/08/16 10:15 AM
Well one positive thing about the on ball defense drop is that off ballers are forced to man up more...still a bit too many 'turn the corner' animations for my liking though online

# 1029 DJ @ 01/15/16 06:21 PM
I think I'm finally finding a groove with 2K16. Changed things up from 2K15, going Be A GM route instead of MyLeague. Chose the Milwaukee Bucks (love the new unis and floor). Also switched to AUTO playcalling. That's been HUGE for me, as I didn't like the re-mapping of the Quick Play and was getting tired of the same 1-2 freelance sets. Now, I'm seeing a nice variety of play calls and freelance action.

Playing on All-Star/Simulation with 12-min. quarters.

Won my first game of the season against the Knicks 108-104. New York ran its offense through Melo (he finished with 31) as expected. Didn't see anything that looked odd in terms of ball or player movement. Very smooth and responsive.

I listed this game as a personal disappointment of 2015, but as I stated, that was all to do with my mindset and not the game itself. I'll still go back and play 2K15, but from this point forward, I'll be loading up 2K16 when I want some virtual hoops action.

# 1030 kac @ 01/16/16 05:23 PM
Is 2k16 worth buying if you already have 2k15 and don't play online?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

# 1031 Matthias34 @ 01/16/16 06:27 PM
Does anyone else still get the bug in MyGM where fans in the crowd wear the old team's memorabilia and colors even after relocation? I thought this was supposed to be patched months ago. I've been looking everywhere for a fix but I haven't found anything. They wear the correct colors in MyLeague but it doesn't seem to work in MyGM.

# 1032 FromDownTown @ 01/16/16 10:07 PM
Hello im new to this forum. and so excited about nba2k16. I like the game so much...off , def , graphic , animation are on great improvement. Best sport game IMO

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk

# 1033 HeelElite @ 01/16/16 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac
Is 2k16 worth buying if you already have 2k15 and don't play online?

Yes. Myleague is amazing

# 1034 kac @ 01/16/16 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelElite
Yes. Myleague is amazing
Thanks just picked it up for 39.00

# 1035 The 24th Letter @ 01/18/16 07:17 AM
Was impressed with the CPU's late game execution in a game I played this morning...

they opted to heavily pressure all the wing players instead of immediately take the intentional foul..

I've never seen them do that before....

# 1036 ataman5 @ 01/18/16 07:27 AM
Well i've been pretty cynical about game updates coming from 2k15 game patches but so far so good. Except that i have numeorous unreasonable mostly 2k server related issues in Europe i really am fine with the gameplay and every improvement made after release...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 1037 tril @ 01/18/16 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I think I'm finally finding a groove with 2K16. Changed things up from 2K15, going Be A GM route instead of MyLeague. Chose the Milwaukee Bucks (love the new unis and floor). Also switched to AUTO playcalling. That's been HUGE for me, as I didn't like the re-mapping of the Quick Play and was getting tired of the same 1-2 freelance sets. Now, I'm seeing a nice variety of play calls and freelance action.

Playing on All-Star/Simulation with 12-min. quarters.

Won my first game of the season against the Knicks 108-104. New York ran its offense through Melo (he finished with 31) as expected. Didn't see anything that looked odd in terms of ball or player movement. Very smooth and responsive.

I listed this game as a personal disappointment of 2015, but as I stated, that was all to do with my mindset and not the game itself. I'll still go back and play 2K15, but from this point forward, I'll be loading up 2K16 when I want some virtual hoops action.
same here. I'm figuring out the the mygm/my league modes are really simmed based. you really have to train players, and make adjustments for each game in order for your team to perform well both offensively and defensively.

Im finally finding my grove. and figuring out how things are supposed to work.
This game is amazing, so I rescind every negative comment that I made about the defensive gameplay. its better than I thought

the game is awesome. it just took me longer than usual to figure things out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.