Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 is available today for those that have pre-ordered. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 23 @ 09/25/15 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I just played against the Cavs online and I held LeBron to 10 points even with LMA guarding him at times. Kyrie ended up destroying me though.

Yo that legit JUST happened to me online lol. I had Kawhi and I jab stepped and my elbow landed flush in Kyrie's face!
Man crazy nuggets dropping all over the place

# 102 Perry_West @ 09/25/15 02:53 PM
i love it so far. thank you 2k. now back to business.

# 103 luda06 @ 09/25/15 02:55 PM
The A.I. in this game is legit. First time ever in a 2K game for me imo.

Everything is just so read-react, and doesn't feel cheesy in any shape or form.

It really starts with the defense. Bad defensive teams often feature defenders that bite on pump fakes more than often, and are late to recover for help.

Plays that can cause a lot of switches and misdirection can just chew up a bad defensive team. I played against the Cavs with Detroit on superstar. Brandon Jennings and Caldwell-Pope were getting lost on back-door cuts due to them ball-watching LeBron James. Sometimes they get lazy with transition defense as well.

It's like for those that used to control the center and let the CPU guard the ball handler, those days may actually be over for you. You have to defend the play, not the players.

LeBron just took whatever the defense gave him. It looked like LeBron. Nothing forced. However, I totally abused Kevin Love on the other end. Pick and rolls, pick and pops, he was the weak link that kept Detroit competitive.

Whenever Irving switched onto a big, it was an automatic two points. Every time. Nonetheless, I still lost the game. Talent gaps definitely show in tandem with proper execution. To snag a win with a poor team requires high levels of execution.

# 104 baysday34 @ 09/25/15 02:57 PM
So here is my only question:

In NBA 2K15, I loved mixing in R2 to modify my dribble moves and create off the dribble. But now that R2 is used as the size-up activator, are we no longer able to modify our dribble moves the way we used to in NBA 2k15 with R2??

Please help!

# 105 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/25/15 03:01 PM
I have 13mbps down/1mbps up, played about 4 online games

Zero lag. Its still not technically release day yet so the game might got to **** once more people start playing

# 106 Maxbeatzz @ 09/25/15 03:17 PM
I've played a few online matches I made jv...lol so far to me the game feels better looks better but I'm still able to get to the basket easily only thing I don't like is substitution.

# 107 sifu25 @ 09/25/15 03:17 PM
My ultimate pet peeve with this game:

Why can't we add/remove HEADBANDS in Edit Player!?!?!?!?!

Such a simple feature! Why 2K? Why? Why? Why?

# 108 WaddupCouzin @ 09/25/15 03:18 PM
GAME IS NO JOKE! Players move with a purpose, I havent seen dudes running off screens with this much gusto since RIP Hamilton and Reggie Miller. As everyone has mentioned the speed of the fastbreak! Overwhelmed with this game right now!

# 109 DC @ 09/25/15 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Derrick Rose was guarding be tight do i tried to keep the ball from him by swinging it from my right to left side in stationary triple threat

Loo and behold i elbow him in the face

Offensive foul but i think he flopped

Wow
I'm mad I read that. I would have loved to see that on my own.

Reported for posting spoilers

# 110 coolcras7 @ 09/25/15 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
thing that is irritating me is the controls. Why must they change them every freaking year? The new sub system suck and is much slower. I pause the game to make subs now.
The said they changed the control scheme, why are people acting surprised now.

# 111 Impetuous65 @ 09/25/15 03:35 PM
PS4, can someone please explain the on the fly sub system. I follow the instructions but nothing happens. If anyone understands it, can I get a step by step explanation.

# 112 lakers24 @ 09/25/15 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
The said they changed the control scheme, why are people acting surprised now.
I know right? I will admit though, I'm still having trouble with plays and running P&R effectively most times. I keep hitting R2 to turbo around the screen but that's the button for switch sides now when performing a P&R.

# 113 eye guy @ 09/25/15 03:36 PM
The most important part of any 2K game for me is the CAP. Although the player models for real players look good, the options we have in CAP are still limited.
I went into CAP and had a quick look and was disappointed to find that a 300pound C is as skinny as Rondo. Also, some Classic team players, namely Ben Wallace is as skinny as Tayshaun Prince.

For me this is a huge letdown as it makes no sense considering the amount of content in offline modes like MyLeague and MyGM has on offer. After 10 or so seasons in either mode, all drafted players will have the same body type.

Other than that, the game is amazing. From soundtrack and presentation to gameplay, 2K16 should definitely be sports game of the year, no doubt.

# 114 rspencer86 @ 09/25/15 03:41 PM
What happened to the in-depth controls tutorials? I remember in past versions they would have move-by-move drills that taught you how to pull off pretty much every shot, dribble move and post move in the game.

Now they've reduced tutorials to three short videos: shooting, passing and dribbling? Weak stuff. A game with deep controls like this NEEDS a better tutorial. This is one of the few areas Madden can boast as being better than 2K.

# 115 AyeBruhChill @ 09/25/15 03:45 PM
My only disappoint is that weight doesn't factor into attributes. Theres no difference between 7ft 315lb C and a 245 lbs in speed strength etc.

Other than that I pleased.

# 116 QuietDudee @ 09/25/15 03:53 PM
I was playing on MyTeam mode (RTTP), I won the game and after the game was over, I got a screen saying "arbitration is taking too long to decide the game" and after winning by 20 I received a phantom lost!

# 117 blueeon03 @ 09/25/15 04:01 PM
Is the face scan feature broken right now because every time I scan my face, it acts like it's importing it, but it never actually saves it and just reverts my player back to the default face, skin color, etc.

# 118 Dazraz @ 09/25/15 04:04 PM
The game isn't released in the UK for a few days but I am so excited for this game. I don't think I've ever know a game release with almost unanimous positive feedback. 2K should be proud.

# 119 allBthere @ 09/25/15 04:06 PM
http://www.meristation.com/playstati...-juego/2064970

first indepth review with impressions

# 120 TeamHawkins @ 09/25/15 04:12 PM
While I do like a lot of what's going on, there is plenty I see during games that resemble previous iterations.

1.) MyCareer: The cpu still gets too many advantages. My teammates are still imbeciles just like previous years.

2.) The cpu shoots the ball, it's clearly coming off the rim and the moment I jump for a rebound, it takes a few more ridiculous bounces and goes in. Too many times this happens.

3.) When you get a lead on the cpu team it immediately goes into God-Mode and you can't do anything right, and your teammates never do anything right. Even on clear fast breaks, they will near miss layups.

4.) The servers are horrible right now. Nothing in the 2K Store is loading.

Can't get a game on ProAM because most cowards keep quitting during the wait time. But the servers still having issues for the umpteenth year in a row is disturbing. Other than that I loved designing the home court for My Team.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.