Home
Power Pros 2016 News Post

Baseball fans, don't be sour. Look above, and feel the power! It's a new day on PlayStation 4, yes it is! For the first time in the platform's short history, Konami is bringing one of their two Nippon Professional Baseball games to PS4. Power Pros 2016 is targeting a Spring 2016 release in Japan on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and that's all we really know about the game right now, based on an official press release that contains one teaser screenshot.

A new version of Pro Yakyuu Spirits is also being made for iOS and Android, and that product is far enough along in development that Konami has posted a pretty detailed trailer to their Japanese YouTube channel:

Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace should be available on phones and tablets sometime in 2015, according to the above video. Konami's also uploaded lots of in-game screenshots and a few paragraphs describing Ace's game modes on its Japanese webpage.

Game: Power Pros 2016Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 441 elguapo79 @ 05/14/17 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
Really hope they put Power Pros on the Nintendo Switch. It's my favorite Vita game at the moment. I would really like to play on the Switch's bigger screen with graphics close to the PS4 version.
Agreed. I'm hoping for anything baseball related on the Switch, even. SMB2 would be great.

# 442 djnate27 @ 05/25/17 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elguapo79
Agreed. I'm hoping for anything baseball related on the Switch, even. SMB2 would be great.
Nintendo, please make this happen! There is definitely a market for this. It will be successful. One reason is because 'The Show' on PS4 is the only other game in town (no pun intended) and people like me need their baseball fix.

# 443 opd897 @ 05/25/17 10:38 AM
Update out today for the 2016 / 2017 version, new stadium added. Unlock it by spending coins, 30000. Not sure what else is in the update. The stadium only shows up in the 2017 version though.

# 444 Culture Rot @ 05/31/17 07:07 PM
Am I understanding right that this Japanese games works on American PS3's and PS4's?

# 445 strawberryshortcake @ 05/31/17 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Am I understanding right that this Japanese games works on American PS3's and PS4's?
From my first hand experience and understanding, yes, the imported Japanese version works on American PS3/PS4 because they're only available as imports. They were never officially released in the United States. It took me the longest time to jump on board because the language barrier was the biggest hurdle. Best decisions ever. Both games made me officially retire from playing MLB the Show.

# 446 bcruise @ 06/01/17 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
It's installed on my 'Murican PS4 right now.

# 447 xVVIllx @ 06/29/17 08:15 PM
WHere can I get this game at?

# 448 opd897 @ 06/29/17 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVVIllx
WHere can I get this game at?
Got mine at Play Asia.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.