Home
Power Pros 2016 News Post

Baseball fans, don't be sour. Look above, and feel the power! It's a new day on PlayStation 4, yes it is! For the first time in the platform's short history, Konami is bringing one of their two Nippon Professional Baseball games to PS4. Power Pros 2016 is targeting a Spring 2016 release in Japan on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and that's all we really know about the game right now, based on an official press release that contains one teaser screenshot.

A new version of Pro Yakyuu Spirits is also being made for iOS and Android, and that product is far enough along in development that Konami has posted a pretty detailed trailer to their Japanese YouTube channel:

Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace should be available on phones and tablets sometime in 2015, according to the above video. Konami's also uploaded lots of in-game screenshots and a few paragraphs describing Ace's game modes on its Japanese webpage.

Game: Power Pros 2016Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 Turbojugend @ 03/14/16 09:57 AM
Kinda unrelated, but I just picked up PYS 14 (PS3) on the cheap. This is my first time with the series, I already have some experience with navigating Japanese game menus and know about spiritstranslation.com, but are there any other tips that will make this a better experience? Thanks!

# 62 Will I Am @ 03/14/16 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Kinda unrelated, but I just picked up PYS 14 (PS3) on the cheap. This is my first time with the series, I already have some experience with navigating Japanese game menus and know about spiritstranslation.com, but are there any other tips that will make this a better experience? Thanks!
Learn what settings to use. The default settings are generally very easy.

Check the user settings link: http://www.spiritstranslation.com/ge...ettings.htmlat making sure to use the custom option, then you can set it up exactly how you want. You may want to access user settings from the utility menu http://www.spiritstranslation.com/utility/utility.html then after making changes back out of the menu and your settings will then save. If you do it from in a game I don't think they will save and you'll have to redo.

Swing types are important as well, X is for pull (more power)and O is for opposite field (less power) and easier contact with a larger and later timing window. Oh yeah one more thing read read read lots of stuff to learn at the translation site.

One more thin I should add is use the training mode to learn batting, pitching and fielding. Fielding practice is great as you can set up any scenario you want. Oh yeah one more thing you can set in game fielding to manual and by manual I mean manual, the fielders won't take one step toward a ball until you move them. Its kind of difficult but fun to try nonetheless.

# 63 C.J.S. @ 03/14/16 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
With the exception of 2015 when no version was released, the past few years has seen Jikkyou Pawafuru Puro Yakyu being released in October.

And if my memory serves me right, before that it was a July release with the Ketteiban version released in December.

PYS has nearly always been a March release.
ok, 16 months till Jikkyou Pawafuru Puro Yakyu hit PS4.
then PYS could very well be skipped this year and released next year just like they did with JPPY.

realistically this means PYS is in development for PS4 in 2017.

# 64 saintjimbo1885 @ 03/15/16 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
ok, 16 months till Jikkyou Pawafuru Puro Yakyu hit PS4.
then PYS could very well be skipped this year and released next year just like they did with JPPY.

realistically this means PYS is in development for PS4 in 2017.

I'm still hopeful that we could see PYS this year seeing as both games use the same stadium models and the fact that PYS 2015 contained new facial scans for a lot of the NPB players, which I suspect were done with the PS4 in mind.

Also going by the early pics of Power Pros it has obviously incorporated quite a few things from PYS most noticeably the new camera angle and pitch history.

PYS has released in July (PYS6) and November (PYS5 Ketteiban) before, so here's hoping we get to see it 2016.

Failing that I will happily pass my time with Power Pros 2016!!

# 65 saintjimbo1885 @ 03/15/16 08:02 AM
Quote:

Excellent tips from Will I Am above.

My main advice would be to make sure you play with CPU pitch cursor off otherwise they will throw hardly any balls

I also prefer to play with strike zone off as I find it helps me lay off pitches when batting and makes pitching more of a challenge - you can keep the weak/strong points visible in 2014 with the strike zone off.

I also like to play with real pitching/batting points so you get to see the full effect of a pitch.

Finally I would recommend playing with the meet cursor set to normal (ie no assist) or at worst have assist set at one.

It is way more satisfying crushing a fastball with no assist - might helping beginning on a slower pitch speed.

The beauty of PYS is that you can pretty much make the game as hard or as easy as you want via the settings and you don't need to worry about any CPU scripted nonsense determining the outcome!!

Oh and finally go into the home run race and do that a few times so you can build up your points and buy extra uniforms/stadiums/options.

# 66 Shadak @ 03/15/16 01:12 PM
I recently switched to strike zone off and both pitching and hitting is way more satisfying and realistic. Especially pitching as it now has some variety with the cursor completely off, have to guess the location with my stick.

# 67 Turbojugend @ 03/16/16 11:45 AM
Thanks for the tips everyone! PYS 14 arrived yesterday and it is amazing, I stayed up way too late playing!

Does anyone know how to set the wallpaper that you unlock in the Item Shop? I looked through the translation guide and didn't see anything.

# 68 saintjimbo1885 @ 03/16/16 12:42 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the tips everyone! PYS 14 arrived yesterday and it is amazing, I stayed up way too late playing!

Does anyone know how to set the wallpaper that you unlock in the Item Shop? I looked through the translation guide and didn't see anything.

Must admit I thought that they had ditched the wallpapers by PYS 2014!!

In the older games it was a case of clicking on the wallpaper to buy it and/or switch it on and then when you went back to the very start or re-started the game the wallpaper would be displayed on the opening load up screen.

It wasn't a wallpaper in the traditional sense... if I remember correctly!!

# 69 Shadak @ 03/16/16 01:16 PM
Quote:

If you have a smartphone you can use google translate to take a picture of TV and translate the japanese text.

# 70 Turbojugend @ 03/16/16 01:23 PM
Quote:

In the older games it was a case of clicking on the wallpaper to buy it and/or switch it on and then when you went back to the very start or re-started the game the wallpaper would be displayed on the opening load up screen.

It wasn't a wallpaper in the traditional sense... if I remember correctly!!
Cool, thanks! I'll try that out. I'm definitely going to spend some time on Spirits Translation today, trying to learn as much as I can for when I can play again tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
If you have a smartphone you can use google translate to take a picture of TV and translate the japanese text.
Wow, I had no idea you could do that! I'll definitely give that a shot.

# 71 Shadak @ 03/16/16 01:31 PM
Quote:
Cool, thanks! I'll try that out. I'm definitely going to spend some time on Spirits Translation today, trying to learn as much as I can for when I can play again tonight.

Wow, I had no idea you could do that! I'll definitely give that a shot.
I found some stuff not covered on spirit translation like tactics etc and sometimes i cant be arsed to look there so i just quickly translate my TV.

# 72 Will I Am @ 03/16/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
I found some stuff not covered on spirit translation like tactics etc and sometimes i cant be arsed to look there so i just quickly translate my TV.
I ended up printing off a lot of stuff like user settings, pitch types, and special skills. Another thing I've used on occasion that works quite well is this translation app for my android phone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ranslate&hl=en

By the way what do you mean by tactics?

# 73 Shadak @ 03/16/16 01:46 PM
Thats the app Im using.

Tactics as in things manager tells you during the games for example and generally I dont like to have things being shown to me and not be able to understand

# 74 Will I Am @ 03/16/16 01:59 PM
Quote:
Thats the app Im using.

Tactics as in things manager tells you during the games for example and generally I dont like to have things being shown to me and not be able to understand
Ok so you mean the "coach's advice" think I have that turned off.

I'm hoping this new power pros game still has the option of changing player names to english. Too bad they don't include the option to edit player attributes as they did in the 2K Power Pros games that were released over here.

# 75 Turbojugend @ 03/17/16 11:51 AM
Quote:
You are correct, it turns out I bought a manager or something, LOL.

My kana reading skills are sorely in need of a refresher course.

# 76 Shadak @ 03/17/16 07:04 PM
If you love PYS14 and dont money spending more get PYS15, its not a whole lot different but batter/pitcher battles seem more exciting imo (there is also considerably more foul balls compared to 14 afaik), the faces look amazing, some new animations, tweaks, oh and you can select different contact sounds for bats and gloves! Also the off set batting cam is now a bit more off set which I actually really like.

Started using real batting point now and love it

# 77 Turbojugend @ 03/17/16 07:22 PM
Yeah, I am having a lot of fun with 14 and will definitely pick up 15 when it comes down in price. I just need to tweak the settings and find my sweet spot as this game is waaay too easy out of the box, last night was my third full game and I ended up winning 30-3 lol.

Getting back to the original topic, now I'm really wishing PYS would get a PS4 release. Between this and The Show, all of my PS4 gaming time would be accounted for. I may check out the Jikkyo title but it's really not my cup of tea.

# 78 Shadak @ 03/18/16 04:24 AM
Yeah, Im still tweaking 15 as it seems harder than 14. The at bats are more dynamic AI adjusting to the various factors etc. So now Im set on realistic gameplay and medium difficulty but sometimes cant score 1 run in 5 innings for the life of me

Its a shame PYS isnt coming, its possibly my favourite game on PS3 and a reason I havent got a PS4 yet. But even if its a similar engine somehow the little blobs of limbs dont do it for me

Look at ebay from time to time I managed to get 15 a little while after release for about 40 USD!

# 79 RNunez187 @ 03/18/16 12:13 PM
IMO, both series are better than The Show and that is why I will play either. My wife still laughs at me since I have no idea what they are saying

# 80 C.J.S. @ 03/19/16 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNunez187
IMO, both series are better than The Show and that is why I will play either. My wife still laughs at me since I have no idea what they are saying
HOMERUN! HOMERUN!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.