Home
Power Pros 2016 News Post

Baseball fans, don't be sour. Look above, and feel the power! It's a new day on PlayStation 4, yes it is! For the first time in the platform's short history, Konami is bringing one of their two Nippon Professional Baseball games to PS4. Power Pros 2016 is targeting a Spring 2016 release in Japan on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and that's all we really know about the game right now, based on an official press release that contains one teaser screenshot.

A new version of Pro Yakyuu Spirits is also being made for iOS and Android, and that product is far enough along in development that Konami has posted a pretty detailed trailer to their Japanese YouTube channel:

Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace should be available on phones and tablets sometime in 2015, according to the above video. Konami's also uploaded lots of in-game screenshots and a few paragraphs describing Ace's game modes on its Japanese webpage.

Game: Power Pros 2016Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 C.J.S. @ 03/31/16 02:26 AM

the stadiums look sick!

FOX engine at work

# 122 C.J.S. @ 03/31/16 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Good lord I hope your right. The show is "ok" but don't know how I'll manage w/o PYS.
by the looks of JPP it will hold us over

# 123 jyoung @ 03/31/16 02:50 AM
The only problem with Power Pros is that a lot of its modes are more story driven compared to Pro Spirits which means you'll probably have to stick to Pennant mode in Power Pros if you can't read Kanji.

Success mode and My Life mode will probably be inaccessible to non Japanese speakers.

# 124 Will I Am @ 03/31/16 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The only problem with Power Pros is that a lot of its modes are more story driven compared to Pro Spirits which means you'll probably have to stick to Pennant mode in Power Pros if you can't read Kanji.

Success mode and My Life mode will probably be inaccessible to non Japanese speakers.
Yeah that's for sure but then again I'd probably stick with pennant and exhibitions anyways.

PS: I forgot to mention MOM, isn't that always a game mode in PP pretty sure it's been in all past games.

# 125 Will I Am @ 03/31/16 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
by the looks of JPP it will hold us over
Yes it does look very good. Stadiums look great and game play from those new clips looks very smooth.

There will also be a ton of legends in the game or OB's as they like to call them.

http://www.konami.jp/pawa/2016/players/ob.html

# 126 C.J.S. @ 04/02/16 01:40 AM
what's you're guys favorite team?

it's gonna take me awhile japanese have great teams hard to pick one..

Carp=best logo
DeNA=outdoor stadium
Tigers=great outdoor stadium

maybe a couple more years and i'll know

# 127 Twigg4075 @ 04/07/16 10:30 AM
Dang. I wish Power Pros was coming to the U.S. I really like those games.

# 128 jyoung @ 04/10/16 02:55 PM
Looks like Amazon Japan has the best preorder price so far of all the major import shops.

$66 for the game and $6 for 2-4 day international shipping to the USA.

# 129 RNunez187 @ 04/11/16 02:16 PM
Quote:
Looks like Amazon Japan has the best preorder price so far of all the major import shops.

$66 for the game and $6 for 2-4 day international shipping to the USA.
Hey bro, do you have a link? I'm not finding it when I look. Thanks!

# 130 jyoung @ 04/11/16 02:42 PM

# 131 thelounger456 @ 04/11/16 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
Dang. I wish Power Pros was coming to the U.S. I really like those games.
Yep would love to have a new version of it. I can't do the non-english version since as said earlier all the story mode stuff just wouldn't work. I always loved the gameplay/stats on those.

# 132 RNunez187 @ 04/11/16 06:23 PM
Quote:
Thanks man. Much appreciated.

Edit: What is the difference between the 2 versions?

# 133 jyoung @ 04/11/16 07:29 PM
I believe the more expensive one is a limited edition that's exclusive to Amazon Japan. It allows your Success mode player to always have "genius" potential, which I'd assume is the highest level of potential.

http://www.konami.jp/pawa/2016/faq/index.html

Check the second section of that FAQ and it lists three retailer exclusive special edition bonuses.

# 134 RNunez187 @ 04/12/16 08:08 PM
Quote:
I believe the more expensive one is a limited edition that's exclusive to Amazon Japan. It allows your Success mode player to always have "genius" potential, which I'd assume is the highest level of potential.

http://www.konami.jp/pawa/2016/faq/index.html

Check the second section of that FAQ and it lists three retailer exclusive special edition bonuses.
I see. Can't play Success Mode so doesn't make sense to get that version. Thanks man

# 135 Will I Am @ 04/22/16 11:05 AM
Some new game play video is up. The one at the bottom is the new one with actual game play in it.

http://www.konami.jp/pawa/2016/movie/index.html

# 136 RNunez187 @ 04/22/16 12:38 PM
Placed my order last night. Can't wait to start playing

# 137 C.J.S. @ 04/22/16 12:44 PM

# 138 nikochanr3 @ 04/22/16 01:18 PM
Hey everyone,

There's a few options on the PSN store (for pre-order) including a 3000 yen one. Is that a stripped down game? Or is it DLC?

Thanks

# 139 jyoung @ 04/22/16 03:07 PM
Konami's selling a version of the game that contains the Success mode and nothing else. That could be what you're seeing. Or it could just be some dumb DLC. I haven't checked out the Japanese PSN store yet to confirm.

The full game should cost 7,980 yen if you decide to download it.

The best place to by a physical copy is Amazon Japan, where the base version of the game sells for 6,980 yen.

EDIT: I think what you're seeing is probably the crowd chant/background music/opening theme DLC:

http://www.konami.jp/pawa/2016/dlc/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konami
Central League set of crowd chants
2,240 yen (tax included)

Pacific League set of crowd chants
3,200 yen (tax included)

Background music set A
1,920 yen (tax included)

Background music set B
1,920 yen (tax included)

Power Pros 20th anniversary opening theme compilation
4,800 yen (tax included)

# 140 nikochanr3 @ 04/22/16 03:26 PM
I'm going to wait till i go to japan in July to pick it up but thanks for the informatiion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.