Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

NBA Live 16 is available today. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.

Read the full press release below.

Today Electronic Arts Inc. launched NBA LIVE 16 on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. NBA LIVE 16 highlights the brand-new LIVE PRO-AM mode, as well as the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players can express themselves both on and off the court with new gameplay mechanics, fresh gear and kicks, plus new ways to play.

LIVE PRO-AM provides players the chance to rise together with online team-play mode LIVE Run and the new cooperative Summer Circuit mode. In LIVE Run up to 10 players can compete in online games to 21 points on iconic courts like Rucker Park, Venice Beach, Terminal 23 and more. Summer Circuit allows up to five players to travel around North America challenging all-star teams as they try to become the true kings of the court. Those who have played the NBA LIVE 16 demo on Xbox One or PS4 will be able to carry over created player progress and unlocked gear, getting a leg up on the competition.

Players can find the perfect gear to express their personality, with hundreds of shirts, shoes, sneakers, and more available from top brands. Players can also get themselves in the game with the official NBA LIVE Companion (available on the App Store and Google Play) featuring GameFaceHD. This exclusive mobile scanning technology allows fans to quickly and easily scan their face and upload it to their in-game character.

Created characters can also be used in Rising Star career mode (retaining all progression across modes), and aspiring GMs can try their hand at running a NBA franchise in Dynasty mode. Players looking to build an unbeatable crew of both modern stars and past greats can jump into LIVE Ultimate Team, and those hoping to either relive or rewrite history can check out LIVE Rewind and Big Moments. Newcomers or players looking to build their skill base can jump into Learn LIVE, with multiple options for drills and practice sessions.

Fans will also be treated to enhanced gameplay in NBA LIVE 16 thanks to the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players move with purpose and react intelligently to try and get open with cuts and off-ball screens. Plus, new mechanics like touch passing and dribble handoffs make it easier than ever to orchestrate the offense and make the big play. In addition to all these features, new shot mechanics, shot meter and feedback give players instant information to help them learn exactly when to release the ball. With the variety of modes, options and gameplay upgrades, there’s something in NBA LIVE 16 for everyone.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The 24th Letter @ 09/29/15 08:57 AM
At my boys house watching\playing now...

The patch or patches clean up a lot of little warts that you may have seen in the demo.

Some of the new driving animations are actually pretty dope...

# 2 The 24th Letter @ 09/29/15 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
i didn't see and update notice on the trial version, it just did the regular routine with checking and downloading synergy then showing random numbers but i didnt have to wait for an update

Yeah I believe the demo didn't have any patches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 Money99 @ 09/29/15 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
At my boys house watching\playing now...

The patch or patches clean up a lot of little warts that you may have seen in the demo.

Some of the new driving animations are actually pretty dope...
OT:
I really hope my two sons (12 & 9) eventually learn to like sports games.
That's basically all we played growing up; Tecmo Bowl, NHL, Live, endless different baseball games...
We'd have seasons, stats, etc. It was a blast.

My boys being as old as they are, you'd think we'd be knee-deep in a few franchises ourselves.
But they're into Minecraft and Destiny.
Hopefully one day they wake-up and realize how fun sports games are.

Loving the impressions boys. Keep it up.
I'm not a basketball fan but I loved this game back in the day. Might jump back in.

# 4 bkluvsm3 @ 09/29/15 09:48 AM
I was prompt to update on 10 hr EA access trail don't know if that was the big patch or just roster update I did notice some rookies were scanned it not all .....I really hope EA add in some new scans I know they were at teams media day yesterday would be dope if they add them in this year not 17

# 5 HakeemDaDream @ 09/29/15 09:56 AM
I'm loving the new animations. The player models are on par or slightly above 2k16's. The new shooting meter is a nice addition and I like how it breaks down the percentage that the shot will go in once you release. But my God... The AI is unstoppable once it decides to drive in the paint. And it will do it a lot if it sees an ounce of daylight no matter how many bigs are clogging the lane. Eight times out of ten, it will be a dunk or a nifty layup, with the occasional block by your defender. Hopefully this can be tuned somehow.

# 6 The 24th Letter @ 09/29/15 10:22 AM
I am seeing the same thing regarding paint defense unfortunately. Its even more apparent HvH

They have to tweak it man.

# 7 Ownal0t @ 09/29/15 10:50 AM
Paint Defense is still LOL. look like im back to playing offball in the paint <_<

and i REALLY HOPE this as because this is the instalation game, but there were 5 "DEAD"people on the court, who in real life would have needed IVs or a ER.

Kyrie
Kanter
MoZgov
Ibaka
Lebron

i didnt call a time out. i wanted to see if the CPU would realize 2/3rd of their BIG 3 was currently dying. thruout the 4th and OT. only 1 Time out was called. and that was to try to advance the ball. not to get rid of the Dead Weight.

VERY DISSAPOINTING.

however i dont think yet again Statima means a damn thing. While Dying, Lebron Ran FULL SPEED DOWN THE COURT, WENT TO THE CORNER AND TOOK A 3PT SHOT FADING INTO THE 3rd ROW TO TAKE A 3 POINT LEAD LOL.

i was dying at this

Gameis still fun tho but the fixes need to come

# 8 RayRay34 @ 09/29/15 10:52 AM
Can someone answer this.... Has anything changed from the EA access version I tried playing last night? I say tried because I just couldn't get past a quarter... Unresponsive controls, slow speed and still some weird animations. And that is with Mr.Prices slider set.

Part of me still wants to get it but part of me doesn't want to.

# 9 striker3771 @ 09/29/15 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I am seeing the same thing regarding paint defense unfortunately. Its even more apparent HvH

They have to tweak it man.
Play a game online and you'll get bored within 1 min. All I'm saying. LOL!

# 10 Tomba @ 09/29/15 11:01 AM
Im not going to focus on the positives at all.

At this point they can fix things and from what i noticed:

THESE THINGS Below ARE FIXABLE folks at EASPORTS...
(Im giving direction to the developers here take my notes and USE them)

Take any point guard for example and watch how they run up court when you press the right trigger/bumper...

Now lets use the The Miami Heart Guards in this example:

starting guard Drogic has a horrible HUNCH to his right trigger sprint and his arms over extend forward resulting in an arch that happens when they dribble UP court...

Now take a 2nd string guard like Chalmers...when you press his sprint trigger HE runs up court normal and doesnt have that arch at all..

YOU CAN remove this EA if one guard who is decently fast can NOT have the animation so can another without loosing their speed

Player who suffice from this are players like Kyrie Irving. Chris Paul James Harden Russel westbrook etc You have to review all guards and then review even every player in game OR just doa universal edit to almost every player as i feel the player speed agility and dribbling attributes do not jell well for every player.

This is a direct issue with synergy because synergy doesnt understand the animation engine for it to look right in game. its just adds in numbers and that all boosting players in areas results in HORRIBLE horrible looking animations guys.

My suggestion to the development team in regards to this in how they can maybe fix it it is make sure WHATEVER Chalmers speed agility and dribbling are at are MIRRORED for every player going forward...

For my second issue and fix is OVERALL team play.

I've played with EVERY TEAM and no matter what...

The Sacremento Kings even against each other play the best and the most smooth which leads me to belive their playbook and attributes work the best in game. so my suggestion is too look at all the players and the playbook of the Sacramento kings and see what it is with them that makes their team play the smoothest in nba live 16

This is GOLD GUYS

USE IT

Tomba....

# 11 sheenrock @ 09/29/15 12:38 PM
can anybody answer me if they're going to patch the trial version? because they said you will be able to face guys that have the full game on pro-am but it's not fair because they got a fixed version of the game. also don't botter telling me to buy the full game because i'm sticking with 2K, the thing is... i like to have a little bit of NBA LIVE in my life just for the nostalgia and the demo is enough.

# 12 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/29/15 12:44 PM
For those that are seeing a lot of drives by the cpu and not being contested, check the sliders this year. They really helped lessen the amount of the times drives to the hoop end in some kind of collision.

# 13 The 24th Letter @ 09/29/15 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker3771
Play a game online and you'll get bored within 1 min. All I'm saying. LOL!

Yeah I played a head to head online and it was pretty rough, I won though!....at least shooting is better so it encourages *some* other kind of offense...

Beefing up interior defense would help Pro Am a lot I think....ball hogs would have something to fear driving into traffic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 14 Omega Kid @ 09/29/15 01:37 PM
I like NBA Live 16 this year! I'm impressed, way more fun than 2K16 (which is great, however). New shoot meter seem nice.

# 15 scottyp180 @ 09/29/15 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
For those that are seeing a lot of drives by the cpu and not being contested, check the sliders this year. They really helped lessen the amount of the times drives to the hoop end in some kind of collision.
Call me old fashion but I'm not a big fan of messing around with sliders. I understand they can make a game play a lot better, and in this case if might be necessary, but I feel a game should play well out of the box or after a day one patch.

If I buy a sports game I shouldn't have to mess around with different settings and sliders to fix deficiencies, especially something like the cpu driving in the lane at will. I can understand fixing sliders for more contact in the paint or more fouls, that is something that is a bit more subjective. However the CPU driving in the lane at will shouldn't be a problem in the first place. This is an issue people would be complaining about 10+ years ago. It shouldn't be an issue in this age of gaming. Just my 2 cents.

# 16 Omega Kid @ 09/29/15 02:02 PM
Agree with both of u guys, not a great slide fan too, in fact i hate it!
But even NBA 2K16 needs some slider tweak oob, because cpu is still very aggressive on shoot percentage and there's too easy layups missed. IMHO.

# 17 scottyp180 @ 09/29/15 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
100% agree and I'm old fashion too, and in age. I remember the days of games just working on release day. But what game out of the box is perfect now a days? That's why more and more companies are coming out with betas and alpha. Hopefully sports game will get to that point.

What that said, how many games have been released over the past few years that didn't require a day one patch?

I was only pointing out the sliders are there to help with some of the issues. It will really only help in users vs. user games and user vs. cpu games, but it's there if people want to use them.
I hear you. I'm also not expecting games to play perfect out of the box or not need patches but I feel like certain issues shouldnt have made it to the game in the first place. In Live's case it just concerns me when I see legacy type issues that should have been ironed out by now. With this game I see so many improvements but then I see things that have me saying "ehh same old Live." It boggles my mind how they can improve so much in some areas but then have issues that have been present in the series for quite some time. It is great that they have sliders that can improve areas of the game but if these tools are available to the user then why dont the developers use the same tools to improve their game?

# 18 scottyp180 @ 09/29/15 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Kid
Agree with both of u guys, not a great slide fan too, in fact i hate it!
But even NBA 2K16 needs some slider tweak oob, because cpu is still very aggressive on shoot percentage and there's too easy layups missed. IMHO.
I'm not saying 2k16 is perfect I just feel Live has some more obvious flaws that stand out. To me 2k could use some tweaking to improve the game where as Live needs some fixing to improve the experience...not sure if that makes any sense to you guys.

# 19 Kodii Rockets @ 09/29/15 02:21 PM
Lot of discussion, still not seeing much in terms of impressions. I'd genuinely like to know what more people are thinking about this game.

# 20 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/29/15 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Lot of discussion, still not seeing much in terms of impressions. I'd genuinely like to know what more people are thinking about this game.
I played the trail for a few minutes after we got done with 2k kodii. It's not a bad game at all. It's a fun over experience. They added some nice animations to the post game and drives to the hoop. I'll play more later tonight unless you and Pappy hook me again

« Previous1234567892425Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.