Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

NBA Live 16 is available today. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.

Read the full press release below.

Today Electronic Arts Inc. launched NBA LIVE 16 on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. NBA LIVE 16 highlights the brand-new LIVE PRO-AM mode, as well as the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players can express themselves both on and off the court with new gameplay mechanics, fresh gear and kicks, plus new ways to play.

LIVE PRO-AM provides players the chance to rise together with online team-play mode LIVE Run and the new cooperative Summer Circuit mode. In LIVE Run up to 10 players can compete in online games to 21 points on iconic courts like Rucker Park, Venice Beach, Terminal 23 and more. Summer Circuit allows up to five players to travel around North America challenging all-star teams as they try to become the true kings of the court. Those who have played the NBA LIVE 16 demo on Xbox One or PS4 will be able to carry over created player progress and unlocked gear, getting a leg up on the competition.

Players can find the perfect gear to express their personality, with hundreds of shirts, shoes, sneakers, and more available from top brands. Players can also get themselves in the game with the official NBA LIVE Companion (available on the App Store and Google Play) featuring GameFaceHD. This exclusive mobile scanning technology allows fans to quickly and easily scan their face and upload it to their in-game character.

Created characters can also be used in Rising Star career mode (retaining all progression across modes), and aspiring GMs can try their hand at running a NBA franchise in Dynasty mode. Players looking to build an unbeatable crew of both modern stars and past greats can jump into LIVE Ultimate Team, and those hoping to either relive or rewrite history can check out LIVE Rewind and Big Moments. Newcomers or players looking to build their skill base can jump into Learn LIVE, with multiple options for drills and practice sessions.

Fans will also be treated to enhanced gameplay in NBA LIVE 16 thanks to the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players move with purpose and react intelligently to try and get open with cuts and off-ball screens. Plus, new mechanics like touch passing and dribble handoffs make it easier than ever to orchestrate the offense and make the big play. In addition to all these features, new shot mechanics, shot meter and feedback give players instant information to help them learn exactly when to release the ball. With the variety of modes, options and gameplay upgrades, there’s something in NBA LIVE 16 for everyone.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/07/15 04:07 AM
Game plays exactly the same to me. Which is a good thing because I haven't had to change anything in a week.

# 162 benefactor @ 10/07/15 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
Is this game running much slower for anyone or is it just me? I also had this same problem with 15. Not sure if they've made changes to game speed via synergy updates.
Playing exactly the same to me.

Remember the same was said back and forth last year and in my opinion no changes were being made in the areas of mention.

It's just a random, variable game of basketball. Something I love about it.

More impressions from myself... the big name shotblockers are a real standout on defense in this game. Control Gobert or Howard on D and you feel like a force down low and you will block a lot of shots.

Also, said it before but my gosh rookie Iverson in UT is amazing. His crossovers work, he has speed like no one else in the game (triggering some nice blow animations - subtle but nice) and almost always a great looking floater or layup.

# 163 The 24th Letter @ 10/07/15 10:07 AM
I'm definitely not one to do the whole "everything is different because the records updated"...but I have definitely seen a rise in inside contact...which as you guys know was a big sticking point for me...this is on Superstar...

was there indeed an update yesterday?

I'm going to have to try this in Pro Am\H2H

# 164 rudyjuly2 @ 10/08/15 11:20 AM
On All-Star I'm having fun with some modified sliders. My biggest issue is the lack of a cpu mid range game. I don't really see guys shooting coming off screens. The cpu wants to drive to the basket for most of their shots inside the 3 point line. They do a good job of dishing a lot of times too but I'd like to see more pull up jumpers and shots off screens.

# 165 Basketball Nate @ 10/08/15 08:07 PM
I feel like the spacing from the off ball movement has taken a step back from the demo and is inconsistent now. Guys sometimes move around like they have no clue on what they wanna do which sometimes leads to them running directly towards me with their trailing defender and congesting the area for me to try to create offense in.

# 166 Walt Frazier @ 10/08/15 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
On All-Star I'm having fun with some modified sliders. My biggest issue is the lack of a cpu mid range game. I don't really see guys shooting coming off screens. The cpu wants to drive to the basket for most of their shots inside the 3 point line. They do a good job of dishing a lot of times too but I'd like to see more pull up jumpers and shots off screens.
Yep, they drive almost all the time.

Even when I have DeAndre Jordan under the bucket and basically give them the mid range shot. They still drive...and get swatted away. Ridiculously dumb AI.

Game needs a midrage patch urgently.

# 167 jahswill @ 10/09/15 02:05 PM
I just played a dynasty game, Hornets (me) vs Knicks. By far the best gameplay Ive seen so far. Final score 101-97 Hornets. Both teams around 48% from the floor. Melo actually went 0-7 from 3. Knicks attempted 22 3's.
This game seems to really be coming around. Also a nice bit from midrange. The thing I noticed the most was that both defenses did a really good job of making anything in the paint a tough 2 points. I was able to stay in front of my man on D much better. This is on Superstar minor tweaks to fouls. I actually shot 41 free throws. Live has a much more simulation feel to it. Good stuff EA! It's headed in the right direction.

# 168 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/09/15 02:17 PM
Quote:
I actually shot 41 free throws.

Pictures or it didn't happen. I have all fouls maxed out and NEVER shot more then 28 free throws.

# 169 jahswill @ 10/09/15 03:03 PM
Here you go Skillz.

# 170 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/09/15 04:13 PM
Damn, it was some serious street ball hacking going on in that game.

# 171 benefactor @ 10/09/15 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

Pictures or it didn't happen. I have all fouls maxed out and NEVER shot more then 28 free throws.
I may be wrong but combining the foul slider with the contact sliders seems to add a greater chance of a foul in my experience.

# 172 Playmakers @ 10/09/15 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor
I may be wrong but combining the foul slider with the contact sliders seems to add a greater chance of a foul in my experience.
you are correct sir

# 173 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/09/15 06:37 PM
Quote:
I have all maxed out along with fouls maxed and never had that many free throw attempts. So to have 41 is not the norm.

# 174 benefactor @ 10/09/15 08:08 PM
It obviously all depends on how you play the game both on offense and defense. As I've said in a number of threads, the game can vary a lot, which I think is a great thing. But the biggest factor in making the game look and play realistic (ish) is for you to play on offense like a real team would and likewise on D.

If you are ball hogging with your favourite player, the CPU defense will look off. On the other hand, if you are lazy on D and either not guarding anyone or doubling for no reason, you'll see (although it's not an excuse) things like centres speeding to the hoop for a dunk from outside the arc.

I think a lot also depends on the mode you are in.

Ultimate Team is far more inconsistent because you've got a strange mix of players on most CPU teams so they aren't really sure how to share the ball and what specific plays to run. But in a season, nba vs nba game it is much more realistic. You get Bosh hanging around the 3 point line, shooting long twos, the Clippers with lots of lobs, guys like Durant and Curry going off etc.

Nowhere near 'great' but certainly good enough to be very enjoyable.

# 175 Walt Frazier @ 10/09/15 11:07 PM
Quote:
But in a season, nba vs nba game it is much more realistic. You get Bosh hanging around the 3 point line, shooting long twos, the Clippers with lots of lobs, guys like Durant and Curry going off etc.

Nowhere near 'great' but certainly good enough to be very enjoyable.
I tried season mode, but the rosters were crazy by January due to ridiculous trades like the T Wolves trading KAT after a month. Have you, or anyone, found a work around for cpu trades ruining the real rosters? Last year WTF came up with a work around.

They should just let us control all teams ...at the very least, be able to turn CPU trades off.

# 176 The 24th Letter @ 10/10/15 11:53 PM

I've been sleeping on that vertical rating, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 177 rudyjuly2 @ 10/11/15 09:50 AM
This was the lowest scoring game with the lowest shooting percentages in any game I've played in Live yet. Might have been a bit fluky but it was nice to see. I've done quite a few changes to reduce the points in the paint and help the paint defence. Some key things - increase shot block to 100, lower both jostle sliders to 0 to make it difficult to penetrate and raise the shot contest slider to 70. Raising the shot contest slider seems to make the cpu want to drive less. It also seems to me that the slider seems to affect the "red" guarded defence and not really the yellow guarded shots as much. I'm not sure. I saw some closely guarded shot percentages around 9 and 10% but the yellow ones outside didn't seem to be as affected by much. Overall the sliders seem to work but aren't overly strong and are only 10 point increments. Of course lowering the shooting sliders (particularly layup and post) also helps. This is on All-Star.

Some screenshots from my last game - it was nice to get off my Pistons losing streak. This is on 7 minute quarters. I had probably 8 free throws at the end of the game as the Bulls were intentionally fouling. Probably the highest free throwing shooting game I've seen though. Bulls points in the paint was high but they did take some mid range jumpers. I still want to see more catch and shoots off of screens and some step back jumpers but it was nice to see. (Keep in mind I'm not a hardcore NBA guy.)

Just cpu Bulls.

# 178 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/11/15 09:30 PM
Live 17 going to need a manual bounce and over head lob into the post pass. Had 5 turnovers simply because you can't choose what type of pass you want to do in the post. I also find pro level to be the best level with the least amount of CPU BS that occurs. CPU tends to pass the ball around a lot more on Pro too.

The late game CPU AI isn't as bad as the higher levels is either. They are way more aware of the clock and the score on Pro.

# 179 The 24th Letter @ 10/11/15 10:39 PM
I've been playing the hell out of Pro Am and having a good time.....the upside of the community being so small (I rarely see more than 300 on at a time) is that we're starting to recognize each other and learn each other's games which is cool. Gained A good set of PSN guys to run with.

Do they plan on doing any type of "events" with the mode this year?....this would help keep the mode fresh...I feel that this is going to be the go to mode for Live...just hope they keep innovating and ironing things out...online head 2 head is a dead zone right now so I haven't played much of that...

Unfortunately I just can't get into 5 on 5....the game just has a certain generic feel that doesn't keep me immersed. I know for sure there have been great improvements and I commend the Live team for their efforts....but as of now, there's just not enough at the table for me.

I planned on really getting into LUT this year....I always loved the MUT set up and thought it would shine even brighter in a basketball game since players stand out as individuals in the NBA....my issue is players don't really seem to stand out...I mean of course guys have different ratings and abilities but it doesn't feel like I'm playing with those individuals....the same goes for playing against them....just ain't engaging for me. I've already noted some of my direct gameplay gripes so I won't repeat that.

Anyway, I'll keep chugging away on Pro Am....I have a 84 center right now...if you see a guy and a Spurs T, sweatpants and wristbands looking mad old school that's me haha:...I'll also keep checking for improvements in other areas....because I'm rooting for Live to improve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 180 Calvenn @ 10/11/15 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Live 17 going to need a manual bounce and over head lob into the post pass. Had 5 turnovers simply because you can't choose what type of pass you want to do in the post. I also find pro level to be the best level with the least amount of CPU BS that occurs. CPU tends to pass the ball around a lot more on Pro too.

The late game CPU AI isn't as bad as the higher levels is either. They are way more aware of the clock and the score on Pro.

You're on to something here. I'm seeing a lot more hero ball in All Star that I don't recall seeing in Pro mode. Alot more holding the ball till the last second type scenarios on All Star. Would like to see how the rebounding is handled in Pro vs All Star as well. I will continue to test for results. One challenge for Pro mode will be making it competitive enough both on offense and defense so I will be working on this as well. If we can achieve this Pro mode is looking to be the most authentic and rewarding mode especially if late game AI deficiencies have been truly minimized or corrected. I can actually believe this due to the more solo attack or isolation mentality of the higher game levels.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.