Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

NBA Live 16 dropped today, which is cause for celebration!

We currently have a thread on the forums with a full suite of community impressions you should totally peruse. To get you off of the fence on whether to buy this year's game or not, here are three sets of impressions from the staff with opinions on how this year's game is shaping up. Give them a read after the jump and add your own thoughts on this year's game in the comments!

Read More - NBA Live 16: First Impressions Roundtable

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 scottyp180 @ 09/30/15 12:02 AM
"I'd like to see everybody on the court be as talented as a sixth man, not an all-around superstar, so that people are forced to play a single role (slasher, shooter, defender, etc.) to find team success."

While good on theory you know most people would be complaining if they can't be a superstar-like player. Likewise if people were able to choose their role (defender, slasher, shooter, etc) most people would likely choose the flashy choice (shooter, slasher, scorer, etc).

# 2 Playmakers @ 09/30/15 04:28 AM
I completely disagree with the 2nd writer opinion that the human ai teammates don't help out to defend.

I've seen defensive ai help all over the floor in this game even on pro level gameplay where you'd most expect the ai to behave brain dead.

# 3 jayskills @ 09/30/15 11:21 AM
visuals are good and the shooting is better than last years but still need work on physics other than that it came a long way its a good game.

# 4 drugsbunny @ 09/30/15 01:02 PM
"NBA Live 16's court spacing, player movement, and shooting system are all much more realistic and balanced than what you'd encounter at NBA 2K15's cheese-filled parks and rec centers."

Yes, he really just did that..! He just compared a video game to its previous year's competitors version... LOL!! That's hilarious.!

# 5 Dantecamp21 @ 09/30/15 06:15 PM
The word I keep using to sum up Live 16 is: fun. Every now and then there will be an ugly moment trying to ruin this feeling like a horrible post up animation or some wacky warping lay up. But there's much to love abut this game. The simple act of shooting is a joy by itself.

Once they clean up on some of the gafes and add the much coveted edit-a-player feature, we'll have 2 great b-ball games to mess around. Right now we have a great one and...a good one.

# 6 ECU22 @ 09/30/15 08:26 PM
Yall know that this series sucks and why is it taking so long for them just be almost average?? My god its 2016 and NBA LIVE is still far behind. What type of developers do they hire??

# 7 fatboirob @ 09/30/15 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECU22
Yall know that this series sucks and why is it taking so long for them just be almost average?? My god its 2016 and NBA LIVE is still far behind. What type of developers do they hire??
Simple solution for you would be not to buy it! Everyone doesn't share your opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

# 8 charlesadams3rd @ 09/30/15 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboirob
Simple solution for you would be not to buy it! Everyone doesn't share your opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
Definitely don't share his opinion. I'm having fun with the game.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

# 9 ultralow36 @ 10/01/15 07:03 AM
the issue i have with game is its fun.........but .shallow. not enough meat on the bones...

# 10 GisherJohn24 @ 10/01/15 09:01 AM
Pro Am is playing great now. Less lag. Not sure if they patched it at all but man , ProAm is an absolute blast. I can't put it down.

# 11 ultralow36 @ 10/01/15 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Pro Am is playing great now. Less lag. Not sure if they patched it at all but man , ProAm is an absolute blast. I can't put it down.
Yelp great mode

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 12 jyoung @ 10/01/15 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drugsbunny
Yes, he really just did that..! He just compared a video game to its previous year's competitors version... LOL!! That's hilarious.!
Pro Am has been broken for me since release day in NBA 2K16, so I couldn't use that as a basis of comparison because I haven't been able to play it once.

# 13 Tonyattia @ 10/01/15 12:58 PM
I see live 16 as a bare house of foundation and wood. Just needs furnishing i.e. Deeper modes, roster/player/draft class/camera customization, and deeper gameplay controls with much more signature animations. I think they can get there in 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 14 DBMcGee3 @ 10/01/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
The word I keep using to sum up Live 16 is: fun. Every now and then there will be an ugly moment trying to ruin this feeling like a horrible post up animation or some wacky warping lay up. But there's much to love abut this game. The simple act of shooting is a joy by itself.

Once they clean up on some of the gafes and add the much coveted edit-a-player feature, we'll have 2 great b-ball games to mess around. Right now we have a great one and...a good one.
I found those bad moments to be far more frequent than every now and then. I badly want to like the game, but I don't think I've seen a single decent layup or post shot animation yet.

# 15 Playmakers @ 10/01/15 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I found those bad moments to be far more frequent than every now and then. I badly want to like the game, but I don't think I've seen a single decent layup or post shot animation yet.
Layup animations improve when you increase the layup slider......

Some guys tend to lower it down because on higher levels the cpu barely miss layups...

But I increase it upwards because it ties into different types of layup animations that look awesome IMO....

Once you get a setting between that slider and the dunk frequency slider you see more attempted layups in the paint and EA really did a nice job with the amount of layup animations they added.

As for Post shot it's lacking and you have to pick your poison but again the higher the slider the better the players start to look.

Problem is some scrub big will get a boost up in skill set and make for some unrealistic results which is why I said you have to pick your poison....

But once you get a good setting for layups vs Layup Foul sliders and increase the contact sliders the gameplay is more lively inside when players are animating for layups

# 16 cmehustle @ 10/01/15 03:15 PM
I never played Live 10. I thought 2K10 was better, even with the flaws. IMO I think Live has gone downhill since 10. I played 15 on EA access, and played 16 for a minute. First off, its not even comparable at all to 2K, I would still take 11 over this Live. I am more of a sim style guy, so Lives arcadey style doesnt fit me anyway since thats the direction they seem to be headed. My quiestion here is has it finally gotten back to where Live 10 was before they decided to go off in another direction? Most people seem to agree that Live 10 was the pinnacle of the series.

# 17 Playmakers @ 10/01/15 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehustle
I am more of a sim style guy, so Lives arcadey style doesnt fit me anyway since thats the direction they seem to be headed.
What do you consider SIM?

Every Live game I can remember has always ventured on borderline arcade style of play out of the box...

But depending on what you consider SIM I know for a fact you can tweak the gameplay to play more along those lines which has been the case throughout the series history

IMO most of the arcade gameplay is influenced by the USER behind the stick more so than the CPU AI itself....

If you play SIM or edit the game to play along those lines then you'll get a form of SIM results in return.

# 18 Badasi12b @ 10/03/15 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
What do you consider SIM?

Every Live game I can remember has always ventured on borderline arcade style of play out of the box...

But depending on what you consider SIM I know for a fact you can tweak the gameplay to play more along those lines which has been the case throughout the series history

IMO most of the arcade gameplay is influenced by the USER behind the stick more so than the CPU AI itself....

If you play SIM or edit the game to play along those lines then you'll get a form of SIM results in return.
This right here is one of the most intelligent responses I have ever read regarding this game. The term "SIM" when it comes to these games is all about what you make of it. I hate when people uses it to validate why they don't like live, but then turn around and play 2k making demigods and doing eastbay funk jams in traffic on people. "SIM" is all about what to u make of it. Live 10 vs 2k10 was a great example of this. I thought live 10 was more realistic that year. I like live because I can control my style more whereas in 2k yo u sometimes feel like the game is controlling you and the action on screen. The game is designed to exploit the engine too much. Don't even get me started on how in 2k13 there were games that were impossible to win in some playoff games! You could not get a sweep in a series no matter how well you played! The game wouldn't let you! You miss layups with dirk, lebron would hit half court buzzer beaters to tie games, etc... live moreso let's the user dictate what happens. There's a reason why the term "cheese" gets brought up so much with 2k.

# 19 PS4FR3Ak @ 10/04/15 11:06 AM
Great game so far it's also a fun game to play.

# 20 GisherJohn24 @ 10/04/15 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS4FR3Ak
Great game so far it's also a fun game to play.
Me too. Loving it the more I play.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.