Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden NFL 16 title update #2 is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It includes improvements and fixes to gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more. Check out the details below.

GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed issue where if a team called a time out on the safety punt, they would then be able to kick a regular kickoff
  • Addressed issue where sometimes a defender would have a poor pursuit angle toward the ball carrier if the ball carrier was breaking a tackle during a catch
  • Addressed issue where sometimes defensive linemen would freeze for the remainder of the play after being knocked to the ground
  • Addressed issue where the defense would not adjust alignment if the CPU controlled offensive team enacted a concept audible
  • Updated Individual Coverage adjustments to not only affect the pre-snap shading but also the post play leverage technique
  • Addressed issue where adjusting the ZONE shading would have an effect on the defenders drop location instead of just the leverage technique
  • Addressed issue where cancelling a PA Fake would allow for a 1-step drop on certain plays
  • Addressed issue where the game clock would be restarted of a declined penalty after an incomplete pass
  • Addressed issue where safeties in Cover 4 Deep assignments were reacting to run too quickly
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
  • Addressed issue where defensive holding slider would reset when exiting the screen
  • Addressed issue where accelerated clock would not work in H2H CFM games
  • Addressed issue where visual feedback settings were pulling from the user’s profile instead of league settings
  • Addressed issue where some settings would carry back to the FE after playing a CFM game
  • Addressed issue where the CPU would retain an empty roster spot when simming to the regular season when there is a player on Injured Reserve (note: changes aren’t reflected until after your current season is finished)
  • Addressed issue where the user could not sort player while in the Fantasy draft board
  • Removed Kick Return as a scoutable trait (note: changes won’t be reflected until after your current season is finished)
  • CFM Trade tuning
  • Addressed issue in CFM H2H where uniforms would change back to default home/away even after changing them in the team select screen
  • Addressed a rare issue that caused some Franchise files to be corrupted, preventing players from accessing their CFM (note: this won’t repair already corrupted files, and only prevents future occurrences)
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • MUT Play a Friend quarter length boosted to four minutes from two minutes
  • In MUT H2H Seasons and Draft Champions H2H Draft, terminating the game during the load screen will give the quitter a loss and the opponent a win. In MUT, Contracts will still be removed.
OTHER
  • Play Now games were using regular season overtime rules rather than playoff overtime rules (removed possibility for ties)
  • Addressed issue in online games where the defensive timer would run out during a pause causing the game to auto pick the defensive play
  • Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues
Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 roadman @ 09/30/15 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I don't have a Twitter and I am at work so I was wondering if someone could Tweet about the auto subs and why it has not been fixed for so many years? Roadman, I'm looking in your direction
I just don't feel that is something that is fixable in a patch.

I noticed Clint's Twitter timeline and he wasn't describing this issue, but for another issue, he mentioned to someone that it's difficult to fix some things because of the architecture they already have.

Now, I don't know specifically why auto subs haven't been addressed overly a yearly basis, priorities, maybe if they tried to fix auto subs, something else within the mode goes haywire, your guess is as good as mine at this point.

# 42 JayD @ 09/30/15 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
Been there done that. The team usually only responds to things they are actively working on.

There is still a ways to go, but I think we can all agree Rex and his team are the best ones yet. The game has come a long way
I agree that they are some of the bet out there but I just want an explanation to why it seems like auto subs are so hard to fix and why it's broken every year. I'm not complaining I am seriously just surprised that this is still an issue.

# 43 kb0731 @ 09/30/15 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I can confirm with great enthusisim that the defensive camera has been fixed!!!!!!

Armor what was wrong with it before? An what did they change?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 44 jb12780 @ 09/30/15 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I don't have a Twitter and I am at work so I was wondering if someone could Tweet about the auto subs and why it has not been fixed for so many years? Roadman, I'm looking in your direction
Auto-subs not as important as the other issues in CFM. Harsh reality.

I think trying to fix those would probably break something else.

# 45 kingsofthevalley @ 09/30/15 09:46 AM
Evertime I hear about a new patch it gets me very flustered for the simple fact that we'll have to figure out how it meshes with/without the tuners.

# 46 T5063 @ 09/30/15 09:50 AM
Wow, so they fixed the one penalty slider and the visual settings options. Those were just annoyance more than anything. What about the QB scrambling issue? Weather in CFM (people said it wasn't working correctly)?

I'm at work so I can't test it out but I'll be checking back from time to time for impressions.

These notes by themselves really have me scratching my head after they said there were supposed to be "numerous" CFM fixes.

# 47 BFL3RD @ 09/30/15 09:51 AM
Why can't they just say you will or will not need to restart your CFM...
that is all I want to know....

# 48 scoobyskyline3 @ 09/30/15 09:58 AM
Updated Individual Coverage adjustments to not only affect the pre-snap shading but also the post play leverage technique
Addressed issue where adjusting the ZONE shading would have an effect on the defenders drop location instead of just the leverage technique

What is the "leverage technique"

# 49 roadman @ 09/30/15 09:59 AM
Rex Dickson
‏@RexDEAFootball
@Judgebredd I would keep going if you aren't running into any major issues. None of the leagues I play in are restarting.

There goes the earlier theory that the developers aren't playing in online leagues, plus, I noticed Clint is in one too.

# 50 roadman @ 09/30/15 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Wow, so they fixed the one penalty slider and the visual settings options. Those were just annoyance more than anything. What about the QB scrambling issue? Weather in CFM (people said it wasn't working correctly)?

I'm at work so I can't test it out but I'll be checking back from time to time for impressions.

These notes by themselves really have me scratching my head after they said there were supposed to be "numerous" CFM fixes.
It depends on when the QB scramble issue was noticed. I saw it started popping up on OS about a week or two ago. I'm sure that EA was finalizing the patch on their end when this issue started to be recorded.

These aren't numerous CFM fixes?

Addressed issue where defensive holding slider would reset when exiting the screen
Addressed issue where accelerated clock would not work in H2H CFM games
Addressed issue where visual feedback settings were pulling from the user’s profile instead of league settings
Addressed issue where some settings would carry back to the FE after playing a CFM game
Addressed issue where the CPU would retain an empty roster spot when simming to the regular season when there is a player on Injured Reserve (note: changes aren’t reflected until after your current season is finished)
Addressed issue where the user could not sort player while in the Fantasy draft board
Removed Kick Return as a scoutable trait (note: changes won’t be reflected until after your current season is finished)
CFM Trade tuning
Addressed issue in CFM H2H where uniforms would change back to default home/away even after changing them in the team select screen
Addressed a rare issue that caused some Franchise files to be corrupted, preventing players from accessing their CFM (note: this won’t repair already corrupted files, and only prevents future occurrences)

Plus 100 other bugs and fixes?

# 51 shugknight @ 09/30/15 10:04 AM
I would assume the scrambling glitch would be fixed via a tuner, since it was caused by a tuner.

Speaking of, I deleted my tuner and no QB scrambles on me.

# 52 racerx @ 09/30/15 10:10 AM
Guys,
I cant check at work, but has the freeze issue in CFM been fixed? Im at week 5 in my franchise and it keep freezing before the start of the game.

Thanks

# 53 T5063 @ 09/30/15 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
I would assume the scrambling glitch would be fixed via a tuner, since it was caused by a tuner.

Speaking of, I deleted my tuner and no QB scrambles on me.
Yeah I did that too... but now the mobile QBs don't scramble lol.

EDIT: Hey maybe you can download the tuner when you're playing a mobile QB and delete it when you're playing a pocket passer. lol smh at these workarounds.

# 54 Brooklynbks4 @ 09/30/15 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagswag21
What defensive camera? You mean the player lock when playing CFM as a player? Or no?
When you player lock yes and switch to there view. It was messed up this year

# 55 Datninja619 @ 09/30/15 10:15 AM
"Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues"

Well, let's see if this 100 includes my CFM freezing while setting people to auto pilot and Xbox One controller becoming non-responsive.

# 56 Datninja619 @ 09/30/15 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyskyline3
Updated Individual Coverage adjustments to not only affect the pre-snap shading but also the post play leverage technique
Addressed issue where adjusting the ZONE shading would have an effect on the defenders drop location instead of just the leverage technique

What is the "leverage technique"
IRL, it's the defenders position on the WR throughout the route.

So if you adjusted to shade right (let's just call it inside shade) the DB should stay to the inside of the WR during any routes.

So the DB would have the advantage on slants, ins, post, drags, and a huge disadvantage on outs, comebacks, zigs, etc

I haven't focused on DB reaction/interaction while shading to much this year though.

# 57 kse79x @ 09/30/15 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
"Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues"

Well, let's see if this 100 includes my CFM freezing while setting people to auto pilot and Xbox One controller becoming non-responsive.
I forgot about that Auto pilot freeze. Ill have to test it today.

Controller being non-responsive, I find happens when turning the Xbox on to resume madden. Along with that is the inability to sign into EA Servers upon Resume and the freezing of the game upon resume. Bottom line, there are and have been major issues with Madden 16 and 15 when resuming on Xbox One. I tweeted this to Rex when he asked what specific things I was talking about when I asked him about issues that carry over from previous Maddens. This is one of them.

# 58 scoobyskyline3 @ 09/30/15 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
IRL, it's the defenders position on the WR throughout the route.

So if you adjusted to shade right (let's just call it inside shade) the DB should stay to the inside of the WR during any routes.

So the DB would have the advantage on slants, ins, post, drags, and a huge disadvantage on outs, comebacks, zigs, etc

I haven't focused on DB reaction/interaction while shading to much this year though.
Oh shading,i noticed before it wasnt functioning properly so i stopped doing it but this is encouraging now

# 59 JayD @ 09/30/15 10:32 AM
Was draft class equipment improved in this patch? I remember someone posting that this will be addressed.

# 60 Datninja619 @ 09/30/15 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kse79x
I forgot about that Auto pilot freeze. Ill have to test it today.

Controller being non-responsive, I find happens when turning the Xbox on to resume madden. Along with that is the inability to sign into EA Servers upon Resume and the freezing of the game upon resume. Bottom line, there are and have been major issues with Madden 16 and 15 when resuming on Xbox One. I tweeted this to Rex when he asked what specific things I was talking about when I asked him about issues that carry over from previous Maddens. This is one of them.
Yeah, this was in Madden 15. Would happen in H2H and you'd have to use a timeout. I thought it was a more popular issue, so it would for sure get fixed. I guess not.

In my case, it happens during a play and I can't hike the ball. Naturally I'm like WTH, so I pause the game. Once paused I can't unpause it, but I can still navigate Xbox One Dashboard. I posted in the bugs thread and tweeted them a video of it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.