Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden NFL 16 title update #2 is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It includes improvements and fixes to gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more. Check out the details below.

GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed issue where if a team called a time out on the safety punt, they would then be able to kick a regular kickoff
  • Addressed issue where sometimes a defender would have a poor pursuit angle toward the ball carrier if the ball carrier was breaking a tackle during a catch
  • Addressed issue where sometimes defensive linemen would freeze for the remainder of the play after being knocked to the ground
  • Addressed issue where the defense would not adjust alignment if the CPU controlled offensive team enacted a concept audible
  • Updated Individual Coverage adjustments to not only affect the pre-snap shading but also the post play leverage technique
  • Addressed issue where adjusting the ZONE shading would have an effect on the defenders drop location instead of just the leverage technique
  • Addressed issue where cancelling a PA Fake would allow for a 1-step drop on certain plays
  • Addressed issue where the game clock would be restarted of a declined penalty after an incomplete pass
  • Addressed issue where safeties in Cover 4 Deep assignments were reacting to run too quickly
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
  • Addressed issue where defensive holding slider would reset when exiting the screen
  • Addressed issue where accelerated clock would not work in H2H CFM games
  • Addressed issue where visual feedback settings were pulling from the user’s profile instead of league settings
  • Addressed issue where some settings would carry back to the FE after playing a CFM game
  • Addressed issue where the CPU would retain an empty roster spot when simming to the regular season when there is a player on Injured Reserve (note: changes aren’t reflected until after your current season is finished)
  • Addressed issue where the user could not sort player while in the Fantasy draft board
  • Removed Kick Return as a scoutable trait (note: changes won’t be reflected until after your current season is finished)
  • CFM Trade tuning
  • Addressed issue in CFM H2H where uniforms would change back to default home/away even after changing them in the team select screen
  • Addressed a rare issue that caused some Franchise files to be corrupted, preventing players from accessing their CFM (note: this won’t repair already corrupted files, and only prevents future occurrences)
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • MUT Play a Friend quarter length boosted to four minutes from two minutes
  • In MUT H2H Seasons and Draft Champions H2H Draft, terminating the game during the load screen will give the quitter a loss and the opponent a win. In MUT, Contracts will still be removed.
OTHER
  • Play Now games were using regular season overtime rules rather than playoff overtime rules (removed possibility for ties)
  • Addressed issue in online games where the defensive timer would run out during a pause causing the game to auto pick the defensive play
  • Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues
Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 booker21 @ 09/30/15 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
That is what I now suspect. The only wonkery I encountered was with Cutler.

No. I had this with manning. Brees and oswiler or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 122 IDaCoolGuy @ 09/30/15 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
No. I had this with manning. Brees and oswiler or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also saw this with Drew Brees. 5 rushes for 50 yards in a full game. All 5x he would take off w/ in 2 seconds of dropping back.

# 123 ggsimmonds @ 09/30/15 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDaCoolGuy
I also saw this with Drew Brees. 5 rushes for 50 yards in a full game. All 5x he would take off w/ in 2 seconds of dropping back.
Phillip Rivers did it to me a few times as well. Three carries for 32 yards.

I don't view that as a problem, but guys like Kap never take off running; that is a problem

# 124 4thQtrStre5S @ 09/30/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
No, unfortunately they didn't touch anything with Drive Goals (in spite of the community clamoring for changes). To me, this is one of the more disappointing things absent from this patch.
Drive goals are good..All teams have goals for players...And I have not seen a clamoring of people asking for changes...Bounty Ball was all about goals..

# 125 jdenyer @ 09/30/15 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Phillip Rivers did it to me a few times as well. Three carries for 32 yards.

I don't view that as a problem, but guys like Kap never take off running; that is a problem
Yeah, definately an issue. I could live with this though in offline CFM. What i can't live with is LT's giving up 30+ sacks and QB AWR dropping massively.

# 126 Iampalafox11 @ 09/30/15 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenyer
This is a HUGE problem for me and basically deems the game unplayable as far as im concerned. That and the QB AWR issue is ruining this game
It seems that the QB awareness is fixed I simulated 5 seasons and they seemed to stay the same. Other than older QBs and the few that had terrible seasons. Am I seeing this right? Can anyone else confirm what I am finding?

# 127 KingV2k3 @ 09/30/15 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iampalafox11
It seems that the QB awareness is fixed I simulated 5 seasons and they seemed to stay the same. Other than older QBs and the few that had terrible seasons. Am I seeing this right? Can anyone else confirm what I am finding?
I'd love to see the results on this as well...

LT issue is an easy fix with edits, but this doesn't have a workaround...

Thanks!

# 128 jdenyer @ 09/30/15 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I'd love to see the results on this as well...

LT issue is an easy fix with edits, but this doesn't have a workaround...

Thanks!
Anyone got screenshots??
Whats the "easy fix" with edits to aleviate the LT issue? Increase AWR for LTs and QB's to ideal? What happens with new players via the draft though?

# 129 KingV2k3 @ 09/30/15 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenyer
Anyone got screenshots??
Whats the "easy fix" with edits to aleviate the LT issue? Increase AWR for LTs and QB's to ideal? What happens with new players via the draft though?
Here's one of the threads from this year on the topic:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...egression.html

Here's another:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-qb-sacks.html

I basically looked at the screen shots / charts and adjusted the QB's on the teams that were the "biggest offenders" to Ideal / Throw Away: Yes

Apparently, from these threads the issue does not involved drafted fictional players, although I haven't gotten as far as the draft yet...

It looks like it's working pretty well so far for me and let's face it:

If guys like Bushrod go to heck and get replaced by a draft choice once in a while, that's close enough to me...

# 130 Jets1026 @ 09/30/15 04:12 PM
After the update WR shading isn't working for me any more. Is that normal?

For example before on defence I used to come out in a zone play and shade a CB either in or out and it used to work.
Now when I try to shade the WR, The CB stays in a zone. The only way Im able to shade is to manually switch to the CB that is covering the WR and shade in or out.

Am I the only one having this issue???

any help is appreciated

# 131 jfsolo @ 09/30/15 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Excellent, that's good news to hear. If you don't mind me asking, are you playing with or without the tuner? I was playing without for it for awhile, but I wonder if it'll be better now with the new patch.

With the tuner.

# 132 jdenyer @ 09/30/15 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Here's one of the threads from this year on the topic:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...egression.html

Here's another:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-qb-sacks.html

I basically looked at the screen shots / charts and adjusted the QB's on the teams that were the "biggest offenders" to Ideal / Throw Away: Yes

Apparently, from these threads the issue does not involved drafted fictional players, although I haven't gotten as far as the draft yet...

It looks like it's working pretty well so far for me and let's face it:

If guys like Bushrod go to heck and get replaced by a draft choice once in a while, that's close enough to me...
Thanks mate. That's a workaround for year 1 but as soon as new LT's come in and QB's the problems kick off again because you cant adjust their ratings etc.

# 133 Iampalafox11 @ 09/30/15 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I'd also love for this to be true. Can anyone run some a simulated season or two in offline mode and see?
That is what I am working on now.

# 134 althor @ 09/30/15 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Armor, it's awesome you enjoy the game as much as you do, but I think you need to step back and realize what you are saying with half of this stuff. First off, I really enjoy the gameplay. If I turn on my PS4 and run a simple play now game with my sliders I have set up, then it plays the best game of football I've ever played. Yes, better than my beloved 2k5, 2k8, or even NCAA 06.

However, when I actually try to play the game in the intended fashion for which I bought it, that all goes out of the door. Like you said, franchise mode before was not perfect, but it was not filled with so many bugs and problems. I also agree with you that this team has made great strides with the game, that is why I feel it's the best football game ever when simply playing play now.

I cannot overlook the fact that I can't play an online franchise because of their new feature called Drive Goals. It may be the new back of the box feature and that is great, but that does not make it invulnerable to changes this year. Anyone who makes a product and thinks their main feature of said product needs no revision or updating is doomed. That's just bad business and rubs me the wrong way.

I should not be forced to have to stick to playing offline and doing workarounds that fix one issue. Trust me, I have patience when it comes to video games. I remember in NCAA a few years ago you had to go in and edit a player because tendencies were reversed and doing so switched them back to normal and resulted in better gameplay as scramblers scrambled and other positions played to their tendencies. I used to go in and edit the players on my team with a formula for each position to lower injury ratings, and then go do the same for the team I am facing that week just so I could have minor injuries nagging my team through games and the season, also so that lineman, LB's, DB's, etc. got hurt as well. It was annoying, but it was nice to actually make depth worthwhile for once in an EA football game.

Like I said, the gameplay has made great strides. This team seems to have a nice vision, but this game still suffers from a huge lack of polish that has plagued the series and Tiburon since the switch to last generation's consoles. My expectations for video games are usually not very high or unreasonable. A lot of games surprise me because I don't expect a lot. Every year my expectations with Madden get lower and lower because of messes like this. I like Clint, I like Rex, I like their vision and the improvements they've made, but this game is still just a huge mess to me.

As another poster stated, with drive goals I can't lose or play a franchise in the way I intend. My buddy and I tried being the Browns and Titans as fun rebuilds. After 8 games my Browns team went from an 81 or 82 to an 89 overall. I wasn't even progressing my players either. Confidence had everyone on my roster +3 overall out of the game and once I got inside the game I would have 19 of my 22 starters at 93 overall or better with 6 players at 99. That is a joke and completely ruins the experience. Since that is an online franchise there is no fix for it either. So am I supposed to suck it up and enjoy it because that's how the developers intended it to be? No! I will voice my displeasure with the awful job they did on the feature. They screwed it up. It is beyond awful and if they seriously see no issues with it, then they have found another way to blow my mind in a negative way.

I am rooting for Madden. I want EA to make a good football game. They've made great strides on the field the last 2 years. There are a lot of positives that I like to focus on, but there are still way too many negatives and legacy issues that take away from the steps forward and remind you of who is making the game. The only difference between this generation and last generation is we're getting a lot more of the features we're requesting. EA Tiburon still struggles with implementation clearly though which is a shame. I think this game has tremendous potential, but the fact that there are so many issues with the game, especially in CFM, turns me off to the point where it upsets me that we're still stuck where we are in the world of video game football.

I don't want to be stuck playing play now games or offline franchise to get any enjoyment out of my game. I would like to play an online franchise and not have 20 different issues ruining the experience, but right now I can't. This patch did not fix it and I can do nothing, but wonder what is going on behind the scenes because it just doesn't make sense how we can continue to get stuck in this same cycle. There are still so many legacy issues that don't even get replies to them from the team that make you wonder what is going on. Why has no dev talked about auto subs over the past 3 years? They were quick to fix a lot of minor issues, but they are not afraid of remaining silent on a lot of other bigger issues and legacy problems. I don't want to support a company that only acknowledges some of their problems. I want to root for a company that responds to all feedback even if it isn't what we want to hear. I'd rather them straight up say this is how Drive Goals are meant to be rather than just remain silent about it. I'd rather hear that they can't figure out how to fix auto subs in franchise mode instead of them being quiet about it for 5 straight years now. Half a decade has passed by and they refuse to comment on it. You think we should accept that?
I can't help but wonder what teams are you guys playing to get such huge jumps?

My current franchise I am playing the Titans. I am in my 5th season.
First season I went 10-6 lost in first playoff game.
2nd season I went 16-0 lost in the superbowl.
3rd season I went 16-0 won superbowl.
4th season I went 15-1 lost in championship game.

Right now my Titans are 84 overall.....

I just don't understand how you can jump that much overall in less than a season while I am going undefeated and not getting big jumps like that.

# 135 althor @ 09/30/15 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I was really hoping this thread would have been more informative and impressions today. I've seen a guy or 2 say they played a half, seen a guy or 2 say they are simming, and that's it.

Is anyone playing post patch yet, can you fill us in on what you are seeing, what's happening, etc?
I am still trying to figure out if it is even worth me trying to play.
I wanted 3 things fixed..... QB awareness regression, LT regression, resigning. It appears none of those were fixed, which to me makes the game not even worth putting in my ps4. I keep saying it and I will say it again. I will never, ever, ever, ever buy a Madden the first month of release.Maybe when they drop from 4 mil sells to 100k sells in the first few weeks they will make changes. I will wait until they work out the bugs. I am not paying 60 bucks to sit around and be aggravated ever again. I can wait, then actually be pleased with the game instead.

# 136 eastcoast49ers @ 09/30/15 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by althor
I can't help but wonder what teams are you guys playing to get such huge jumps?

My current franchise I am playing the Titans. I am in my 5th season.
First season I went 10-6 lost in first playoff game.
2nd season I went 16-0 lost in the superbowl.
3rd season I went 16-0 won superbowl.
4th season I went 15-1 lost in championship game.

Right now my Titans are 84 overall.....

I just don't understand how you can jump that much overall in less than a season while I am going undefeated and not getting big jumps like that.

1 loss in 3 years? Sounds like you need to up the difficulty.

# 137 althor @ 09/30/15 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
1 loss in 3 years? Sounds like you need to up the difficulty.
Well I am playing all-pro getting the feel of the game while I have been waiting on the bugs to get fixed. Even on All-Madden I dont lose often though. I am a run first type of Madden player and I never punt the ball so if I average 3 yards a carry, I am getting 1st downs constantly and using up a lot of the 7minute quarters.

# 138 Crzy25 @ 09/30/15 04:41 PM
I have NOT yet started my CFM franchise yet. But I have read though all 19 pages of this post and I was wondering if someone could just answer two questions for me.

What does the 32 team control I keep reading about do? I know its a work around for something but what does doing that fix?

With the LT regression issue, I know it has to do with Sim Stats but is it only happening to people who sim everything? I play all my games in a season with my team. So when I "Sim" advance to the next week is that LT issues still happening to all of the CPU teams or is this just an issue when you like just sim the entire season for every team?

# 139 Iampalafox11 @ 09/30/15 04:44 PM
Sim 3 seasons (offline)
Luck
Throw power 95 (1st) 95 (2nd) 95(3rd)
Short Acc 90, 94, 94
Mid Acc 82, 86, 86
Deep Acc 71, 76, 76
AWR 83, 80, 86

Dalton
THP 86, 86, 86
SAC 88, 92, 92
MAC 80, 84, 85
DAC 69, 73, 75
AWR 83, 83, 85

Big Ben
THP 94, 94, 94
SAC 94,94,94
MAC 94, 94, 94
DAC 80, 80, 80
AWR 97, 92, 95

Bills Drafted Rookie Starting
THP 88, 88
SAC 84, 89
MAC 83, 89
DAC 68, 72
AWR 71, 79

# 140 scottyp180 @ 09/30/15 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
This is best thing ive heard about this patch. Good to hear!
What was the defensive camera issue?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.