Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 patch #2 is available now for PC users. A similar update for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users is scheduled to arrive later, but no specific date has been announced.

UPDATE: (10-5) FIFA 16 patch #2 is available now for PlayStation 4 users.

The update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items:
  • Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.
  • Improved player wage accuracy in Career Mode.
  • Addressed referee/kit clashes.
  • Addressed an exploit in Virtual Pro leaderboards.
  • Addressed a shot missing the top corner and still being called a goal.
  • FIFA Trainer button tuning.
  • Player clipping during intro sequence in certain stadiums.
The update also addresses the following FUT items:
  • EA SPORTS Football Club shared squads not showing players in FIFA menus.
  • Relisting Transfer List items not retaining previous price settings.
  • Error message when attempting to apply a contract consumable.
  • Away crowd wearing incorrect kit.
  • Some returning users experiencing an issue when naming their club.
  • Controller disconnecting in FUT modes.
Source - EA

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 mfp @ 10/04/15 09:38 AM
Someone needs to make a poll of whether people think the patch changes gameplay at all. Impressions are all over the place!

# 62 BL8001 @ 10/04/15 09:47 AM
On the ea forum they are closing threads that discuss gameplay changes in the new patch.

The mods are saying there are no gameplay changes.

Anyone with eyes can read the patch notes and see the keepers were changed.

That is gameplay.

More than anything, we all know how EA and most companies work. You might have 3 people adding great things to the patch and taking thorough notes but 3 people changing things and not keeping notes.

Also the whole game is a bit of push/pull, house of cards.

Who knows if tweaking keeper rush logic doesn't also make the cpu direct pass more? I am being totally serious.

Its all such a wonderful mess of legacy code dragged forward I am sure all sorts of madness occurs when you touch anything.

# 63 fearwhatnow @ 10/04/15 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
On the ea forum they are closing threads that discuss gameplay changes in the new patch.

The mods are saying there are no gameplay changes.

Anyone with eyes can read the patch notes and see the keepers were changed.

That is gameplay.

More than anything, we all know how EA and most companies work. You might have 3 people adding great things to the patch and taking thorough notes but 3 people changing things and not keeping notes.

Also the whole game is a bit of push/pull, house of cards.

Who knows if tweaking keeper rush logic doesn't also make the cpu direct pass more? I am being totally serious.

Its all such a wonderful mess of legacy code dragged forward I am sure all sorts of madness occurs when you touch anything.
I can't see how GK rush logic could affect cpu passing logic. GK has it's own AI code.
Also this game is not FIFA 16. It's BPL 16. I just watched Everton Vs Liverpool and it's more than obvious that EA Canada tries to represent the football played in BPL. This is more evident with the last update.
I'm quite sure now they have a couple of new devs this year who helped with the new AI code. They didn't hear any community. They only watch the BPL and adapt the gameplay accordingly.

# 64 talucchesi @ 10/04/15 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
No. You are completely wrong, again. Futhead is a site run by Dave Bryant and Tom Mills -- they are sim enthusiasts and push sim gameplay on that site. The futhead site community support dave Bryant's sim push. They are definitely not the casual fut player.
How unhappy are you with your life? Lol I feel like you have some personal vandetta against me. Anywayssss....

Futhead is a sight with over 1 MILLION users across the world, http://www.futhead.com/about/ The most POPULAR website for fut players. If most of futhead are sim lovers, than that's a large group of people. If this is true, than it seems that most fut players also want a sim experience.

The play style of the futhead creators HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the playing styles of who joins the site. People join futhead because they....well...I dunno....love ultimate team. Not because the founders enjoy a sim experience.

Now, maybe the casual fut player doesn't want a sim experience like we on OS want a sim experience, but they do at least understand how much of a pace fest 15 was. They joke about it all the time. Go on Biabany, Ibarbo, or Aubameyang and look at the top comments.

Now if you're saying that casual fut players aren't on Futhead, than would you like telling me where they are?
/Sass

# 65 bad_philanthropy @ 10/04/15 11:32 AM
For those that have played with the patch, is the AI a bit less agile and clever on the ball in their own third. I've found keepers and central defenders in lower leagues are able to handle the ball with too much confidence and success at times.

# 66 fearwhatnow @ 10/04/15 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
For those that have played with the patch, is the AI a bit less agile and clever on the ball in their own third. I've found keepers and central defenders in lower leagues are able to handle the ball with too much confidence and success at times.

Yes, after the update I managed to even steal the ball a few times. That was against teams like Swansea, Norwich, Southampton but with a quick player like Vardy. Even though the % passing accuracy is still around 83-88% for cpu they make tons of mistakes compared to vanilla game. Also the midfield is way more crowded. Wings are more open by the cpu but they boosted the cpu backs ability to tackle and win the ball if you try to run the wings like in FIFA 15.

# 67 SpritePuck @ 10/04/15 11:51 AM
There is a rumor that the patch gives Memphis Depay and others a real face..
I do not see this in EA notes that face scans were added. Can someone check Memphis for me and see if he is real face now?

*sits back to watch the battle of what the patch did continue

# 68 bad_philanthropy @ 10/04/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Yes, after the update I managed to even steal the ball a few times. That was against teams like Swansea, Norwich, Southampton but with a quick player like Vardy. Even though the % passing accuracy is still around 83-88% for cpu they make tons of mistakes compared to vanilla game. Also the midfield is way more crowded. Wings are more open by the cpu but they boosted the cpu backs ability to tackle and win the ball if you try to run the wings like in FIFA 15.
That's encouraging. I'm not saying I want to be able to sprint around and steal the ball, but I'd like to be able to pressure and direct the cpu's play from the back a bit with good positioning.

# 69 fearwhatnow @ 10/04/15 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
That's encouraging. I'm not saying I want to be able to sprint around and steal the ball, but I'd like to be able to pressure and direct the cpu's play from the back a bit with good positioning.
You can do it now. Many times the cpu just sent the ball to the path of my players especially in the midfield.
Another brilliant moment had the cpu forced to bring the ball from their attack all the way back to their defense after good positioning.

# 70 RoyceDa59 @ 10/04/15 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
There is a rumor that the patch gives Memphis Depay and others a real face..
I do not see this in EA notes that face scans were added. Can someone check Memphis for me and see if he is real face now?

*sits back to watch the battle of what the patch did continue
I am curious about this as well.

# 71 BL8001 @ 10/04/15 02:03 PM
This is great. We have EA saying no gameplay changes.

Others saying it is different.

This is what I mean fearnow, EA isn't even sure what they changed when they change things. Fifa is such a complicated beast of a game AI wise who knows what really happens when they tweak things.

But for some reason EA is being adamant that gameplay was not touched.

A new royal family a wild nobility we are the family!

# 72 fearwhatnow @ 10/04/15 02:12 PM
Quote:

This is what I mean fearnow, EA isn't even sure what they changed when they change things. Fifa is such a complicated beast of a game AI wise who knows what really happens when they tweak things.

If I'm not mistaken they clearly state in the changelog there are changes in AI.

# 73 RoyceDa59 @ 10/04/15 02:44 PM
Quote:

Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.

This can't mean they only focused on the goalkeepers right?

# 74 fearwhatnow @ 10/04/15 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59

Positioning post patch is exactly what they advertised before the release of the game. Defenders now come first to the ball by putting the whole body in front of the attacker. It's like the video with the features EA released the summer. Before the patch this feature was not implemented well.

# 75 dubcity @ 10/04/15 03:08 PM
Quote:

I think that's exactly what it means. No mention of defender positioning, just goalkeepers. I'm sure if they improved more than that they would be more than happy to share it with everyone and take credit.

# 76 redsox4evur @ 10/04/15 03:09 PM
Quote:
I am curious about this as well.
According to sofifa he doesn't.

# 77 fearwhatnow @ 10/04/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I think that's exactly what it means. No mention of defender positioning, just goalkeepers. I'm sure if they improved more than that they would be more than happy to share it with everyone and take credit.
The improvements in D positioning, tackles and cpu teammates are certain. It's the first thing you'll notice.

# 78 SpritePuck @ 10/04/15 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
According to sofifa he doesn't.
The issue with that is SoFIFA does not have the rosters post patch updated.... Unless I am way confused SoFIFA has the rosters as they are as of Oct. 2nd which is prepatch. I know as of Oct. 2nd he does not have a real face.

Someone who has the patch on PC just needs to look. I will try to get a hold of my friend who has the PC game or get to thier house and check myself.

I bet he doesn't have a real face but on Twitter and other places including this forum people are saying the patch includes real face updates, which has Memphis included. The thing is everyone saying "yes" and everyone saying "no" are people who do not have the patched game.. I am hoping someone who actually has the PC version can just check.

# 79 SpritePuck @ 10/04/15 03:32 PM
I do not want to start a giant debate but all of us PS and XBOX gamers should just wait and see about gameplay. The patch may not even be the same. If you take a look at other EA games the patch for PC games does not always include what is in the PS and XBOX patch and vise versa.

The game at release played different on PC than PS4 (I have played both, they are different), so it would make sense to me if the patch is actually different once it drops. My guess is this Tuesday maybe? As Tuesday seems to be the day for things to happen.

That said I like the insite people have been giving and am glad they share their post patch impressions. Just, if you have a PS or XBOX, I would hold off panic or rejoicing until we see what EA says those patches have and then see how the game actually plays.

# 80 BL8001 @ 10/04/15 03:34 PM
I am being EA's muse and playing the cards they are playing on EA's forum and on twitter.

There are no gameplay changes.

But yes there are, just the GK stuff alone is gameplay.

Also the positioning has nothing to do with anyone but GK (according to EA)

It is an attempt to correct the

Spoiler

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.