Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 patch #2 is available now for PC users. A similar update for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users is scheduled to arrive later, but no specific date has been announced.

UPDATE: (10-5) FIFA 16 patch #2 is available now for PlayStation 4 users.

The update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items:
  • Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.
  • Improved player wage accuracy in Career Mode.
  • Addressed referee/kit clashes.
  • Addressed an exploit in Virtual Pro leaderboards.
  • Addressed a shot missing the top corner and still being called a goal.
  • FIFA Trainer button tuning.
  • Player clipping during intro sequence in certain stadiums.
The update also addresses the following FUT items:
  • EA SPORTS Football Club shared squads not showing players in FIFA menus.
  • Relisting Transfer List items not retaining previous price settings.
  • Error message when attempting to apply a contract consumable.
  • Away crowd wearing incorrect kit.
  • Some returning users experiencing an issue when naming their club.
  • Controller disconnecting in FUT modes.
Source - EA

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Tonyafc23 @ 10/04/15 03:40 PM
When this update comes to the ps4 will have to restart my career mode to feel the difference?

# 82 SpritePuck @ 10/04/15 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafc23
When this update comes to the ps4 will have to restart my career mode to feel the difference?
This is why I am so curious about additions of real faces. My understanding is yes you have to restart. I can deal without gameplay changes but I will restart if more players are going to have real faces...

I just put my CM on hold as getting a straight answer to this is not going to be easy. I am playing Women's WC until the patch gets here and I can check and see.

p.s. I tweeted this to 2,000 people, including EA and no one seems to know... I get some swearing you do and others promising you do not. The response to this is as varied as what the patch actually did to the game.

# 83 xicpanad @ 10/04/15 04:19 PM
Everyone on pc says that a new career mode has to be started to aplly the patch changes.

# 84 MDgolf @ 10/04/15 04:26 PM
What's the ETA for consoles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 85 xicpanad @ 10/04/15 04:28 PM
No news yet 😒

# 86 redsox4evur @ 10/04/15 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf

no specific date has been announced.

# 87 mfp @ 10/04/15 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf

No ETA. Sometime this week probably.

# 88 MDgolf @ 10/04/15 04:56 PM
Cool thanks

# 89 JayD @ 10/04/15 06:30 PM
Nothing about the lack of transfers in manager mode?

# 90 Gnemi @ 10/04/15 07:00 PM
Matt and I have both posted, somewhat at length, about the changes to gameplay after patch #2.

I think it's comical to assume that he and I are falling prey to "placebo" effects. We also both noticed the same things, including changes to pass speed, AI attack, and defending. It's different. Doesn't matter if you believe us.

# 91 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/04/15 08:57 PM
I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but it seems like if they were adding in new real faces, they would put it in the patch notes. If I remember right, they let everyone know when they added them last year. I'd love to be wrong, tho, since I play with United.

# 92 BL8001 @ 10/04/15 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Matt and I have both posted, somewhat at length, about the changes to gameplay after patch #2.

I think it's comical to assume that he and I are falling prey to "placebo" effects. We also both noticed the same things, including changes to pass speed, AI attack, and defending. It's different. Doesn't matter if you believe us.
Oh I believe you.

I try to write sarcasm into some of my posts but it's difficult to make it come out with the written word.

EA swears no gameplay was changed yet tinkered with the keepers...ummm...perhaps it's this disconnect between what is and what isn't gameplay in fifa, in the minds of the ea devs, that makes the gameplay such a cruel heartless enigma.

We all want the same thing here at OS. A fair game that behaves like a soccer sim, where the cpu doesn't have to cheat to make things equal, where the cpu attacks more organically like a skilled user, where the cpu defense doesn't resort to one cheap tactic after another to deny the user glory.

This game is so close.

But I could still easily list 20 things they could fix in 20 minutes that would make the game sublime.

I guess on the plus side, only the ea forum is moaning about the patch ruining the game.

As long as Fifa 16 keeps moving forward with lessening the ai cheating and smartening up the game we are golden.

# 93 SpritePuck @ 10/04/15 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Doesn't matter if you believe us.
Frankly it doesn't matter if anyone believes anyone. Play the game and decide for yourself.

Fact is some are saying nothing changed. Some are saying everything changed. Some are saying it is somewhere in the middle. Some say defensive AI, others say pace changed.

I do not think anyone is lying. More that people play differently on different levels and different sliders and all this makes their experience different. Not placebo effect but more just a different perspective.

I am holding off all opinion until the patch is out for PS4 and I play about twenty matches. For one even though I tried the PC version post patch it was not the same as the PS4 game prepatch. Thus hard to say exactly.

# 94 dubcity @ 10/05/15 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
I am holding off all opinion until the patch is out for PS4 and I play about twenty matches.

That's the thing, people need to play a ton over multiple days before talking about changes. A lot of people (myself included) are prone to instant reactions after one or two matches, and then we frame everything after that based on those initial impressions. I know I've sworn I've noticed changes in games from day to day, with or without a patch.

Some people will swear that a game will change on its own as it learns how you play, or they'll see similar dynamic difficulty/scripting, etc. I just think people will convince themselves of things and there's no way to dissuade them. But I digress.

# 95 dwnz @ 10/05/15 01:59 AM
Some people here (and elsewhere) were dead certain the game speed had been adjusted between the demo and full game, until a video was made here comparing the two which showed it was exactly the same.

# 96 Chagels @ 10/05/15 07:32 AM
Hey guys, I just made a user here because I've been banned from the EA forums for posting confirmation that gameplay changes were made by EA. I'm also being censored on the FIFA subreddit it seems. Here's the post I'm being censored for:

I've been actively posting about massive gameplay changes made to the PC version of FIFA 16, specifically in 1v1 seasons and UT. Since contacting EA and recieving confirmation and sharing this information on the EA forum I have been censored and finally banned. Here's my documented correspondence with EA:
Link 1 Can't even show you guys because forum assumes I'm a spammer.
Link 2 What do?
Note: It seems to be only a chunk of PC users who've gotten this change of gameplay, and I don't know how that's possible, but other PC users swear that nothing has changed - then again, these changes only apply to seasons and UT it seems.
The pre/post-patch gameplay experience is like night and day; pace > all, passing is completely like in FIFA 15, interceptions are gone, and slow build up isn't even remotely necessary.

# 97 BL8001 @ 10/05/15 07:51 AM
This is such a mysterious patch.

And for the record, EA is going out of their way to say No Gameplay Changes.

In the end, nothing changed really, some people say omg it's incredible and some say omg it broke everything.

Bottom line is this game is all over the place. I played a FUT seasons match on semi-pro and was scored on twice in a 3-2 win, then decided to play the next pro diff on world class and won 2-0 after the cpu hit the post in the 4th minute and then never took another shot. From what I have played FUT wc is like kick off legendary.

So I come out and play sheffield v burton on legendary and it's the dullest 0-0 match I have played in Fifa 16.

Then I play helsingborgs v hammarby on pro default and have my funnest most balanced match yet in a 1-0 victory being out shot 6-1 to 5/1.

I have no idea how people settle on a set of sliders because this game is so schizophrenic.

# 98 Chagels @ 10/05/15 07:56 AM
@BL8001 The confirmed changes (by an EA employee) are only to online seasons and online UT 1v1, not against CPU. And it's only on PC, and not all users seem affected from anecdotal experience.

# 99 RoyceDa59 @ 10/05/15 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagels
@BL8001 The confirmed changes (by an EA employee) are only to online seasons and online UT 1v1, not against CPU. And it's only on PC, and not all users seem affected from anecdotal experience.
So console users might never see this patch?

# 100 Chagels @ 10/05/15 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
So console users might never see this patch?
I think they're testing some gameplay changes on their bastard child; the PC. I asked about consoles when in contact with EA but the guy wouldn't answer that specifically.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.