Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed details on the downloadable content offerings, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE 2K16 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Make sure to check out the trailer here.

The downloadable content offerings will include a story-driven 2K Showcase surrounding the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015 inductees; access to new moves, unlockable content, player progression; and a wealth of playable WWE Legends and WWE and NXT® Superstars. The individual content packages will begin releasing in late 2015, with some packages releasing in early 2016.

Quote:
“WWE 2K16 will deliver a unique and extensive selection of downloadable content spanning WWE’s past and present, including the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame-inspired 2K Showcase, a solid offering of new in-game moves and a wide variety of playable WWE and NXT talent,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “Complementing WWE 2K16’s largest roster in the series’ history, this year’s content offerings provide fans with an all-encompassing WWE experience at an excellent value.”

Accelerator
  • Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
  • The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
MyPlayer KickStart (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive)
  • Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode;
  • MyPlayer KickStart will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
Legends Pack
  • Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;
  • The Legends Pack will be available for a suggested price of $8.99.
2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
  • Playable matches include:
    • “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
    • Rikishi vs. The Rock;
    • Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
    • Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes
    • Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
    • The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
    • The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
  • The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
New Moves Pack
  • More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);
  • The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.
Future Stars Pack
  • Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;
  • The Future Stars Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
About the WWE 2K16 Season Pass

Players may purchase nearly all WWE 2K16 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For a suggested price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
  • Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
  • Legends Pack;
  • 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase;
  • New Moves Pack;
  • Future Stars Pack.
About the WWE 2K16 Digital Deluxe Editions

2K also announced Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE 2K16 are now available for pre-order via PlayStation™Network and Xbox Live as follows:

PS4™ system and Xbox One ($89.99):
  • Copy of WWE 2K16;
  • WWE 2K16 Season Pass;
  • MyPlayer KickStart;
  • Theme (PS4™ system only; available immediately with pre-order purchase);
PS3™ system ($79.99):
  • Copy of WWE 2K16;
  • WWE 2K16 Season Pass;
  • Theme (PS3™ system only, available immediately with pre-order purchase).
* PlayStation™Network or Xbox Live account and Internet connection required. Copy of WWE 2K16 required to play.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 wiscowilz @ 10/07/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Oh yeah sorry [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
But I'm glad they are in the game as well. Wonder if they will get their new Iron Man-esque outfits or if they will be the old ones. Also wondering if they will both have tights or if one will be in tights and one in "briefs" like they have now.

# 22 woody2goody @ 10/07/15 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
But I'm glad they are in the game as well. Wonder if they will get their new Iron Man-esque outfits or if they will be the old ones. Also wondering if they will both have tights or if one will be in tights and one in "briefs" like they have now.
They could be fun to use. They work well and have impactful movesets. Hopefully Alexa is in as a manager.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

# 23 StevenSD @ 10/07/15 02:17 PM
I'm just going to say it.... we get Soma Joe who's barely been in the company for a year, and we don't get the Four Horsewomen, who've been in the company for way longer.

# 24 wiscowilz @ 10/07/15 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
I'm just going to say it.... we get Soma Joe who's barely been in the company for a year, and we don't get the Four Horsewomen, who've been in the company for way longer.
I agree that it's ridiculous that the Four Horsewomen aren't in the game but Samoa Joe has been a big name in wrestling for well over a decade and is more known than the Four Horsewomen. As much as I want them in the game I am super psyched that Joe is making his debut and he will sell the game to a lot of people I am expecting.

# 25 BDKiiing @ 10/07/15 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan3169
Lol who in the world wants Diego and Fernando!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually prefer them over every legend who is DLC.

# 26 bryan3169 @ 10/07/15 02:56 PM
I think they forgot to put them on the disk roster tbh and saw them appear on tv and was like oh, we forgot about them...well since the roster is finalized let's make people pay for Diego and Fernando. I'm glad they got Blake and Murphy in the game though...the roster is pretty extensive as it gets besides the female roster tbh

# 27 wiscowilz @ 10/07/15 03:28 PM
Now I just want to know release dates of them all. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for everything this year unless I missed it somewhere.

# 28 marcuscouch10 @ 10/07/15 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan3169
I think they forgot to put them on the disk roster tbh and saw them appear on tv and was like oh, we forgot about them...well since the roster is finalized let's make people pay for Diego and Fernando. I'm glad they got Blake and Murphy in the game though...the roster is pretty extensive as it gets besides the female roster tbh

You do realize that this year's game has the most diva's ever right? You also realize that there are three Legendary Divas right? This is the best Divas roster ever bar none!

# 29 bryan3169 @ 10/07/15 04:13 PM
I'm a person that rarely uses legends after the showcase since when I play universe I usually stick with current day wrestlers. So having Trish, Stephanie, Lita, Blaze, have little to no value to me after I beat the showcases. So the divas roster is kinda limited to me still

# 30 and1product @ 10/07/15 04:16 PM
Quote:
I agree that it's ridiculous that the Four Horsewomen aren't in the game but Samoa Joe has been a big name in wrestling for well over a decade and is more known than the Four Horsewomen. As much as I want them in the game I am super psyched that Joe is making his debut and he will sell the game to a lot of people I am expecting.
This , especially now I get to hear his sick entrance theme song. I hope they have him bobbing his head when he comes down the ramp to his song like he does.

# 31 and1product @ 10/07/15 04:32 PM
Alundra Blayze vs Paige is puzzling. At least Sable or Luna Vachon would have suffice but oh well. I read on IGN that one of the guys played a match against Rhyno but low and behold he has not been mentioned yet. Do you guys think they are holding back one more pack?

# 32 BDKiiing @ 10/07/15 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by and1product
Alundra Blayze vs Paige is puzzling. At least Sable or Luna Vachon would have suffice but oh well. I read on IGN that one of the guys played a match against Rhyno but low and behold he has not been mentioned yet. Do you guys think they are holding back one more pack?

The writer corrected himself. He meant Ryback not Rhyno.

# 33 Fiddy @ 10/07/15 05:38 PM
Shut up and take my money. Unreal!

# 34 JohnnyCash2015 @ 10/07/15 06:34 PM
So what don't you get with the season pass?

# 35 wiscowilz @ 10/07/15 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
So what don't you get with the season pass?

On PS4 and XBoxOne it looks like you don't get MyPlayer KickStart (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive) but other than that it looks like you get everything else.

# 36 wiscowilz @ 10/07/15 06:39 PM
WWE 2K@WWEgames 2h2 hours ago Correction: The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase DLC includes Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes

LOVE this...But I find it odd that WWE allowed Dustin Rhodes in it as well as Goldust when it was stated they didn't want Stardust and Cody Rhodes.

This makes me worry a little but that those involved in the Hall of Fame Showcase wont be available in Universe.

# 37 redsox4evur @ 10/07/15 06:54 PM
Quote:
WWE 2K@WWEgames 2h2 hours ago Correction: The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase DLC includes Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes

LOVE this...But I find it odd that WWE allowed Dustin Rhodes in it as well as Goldust when it was stated they didn't want Stardust and Cody Rhodes.

This makes me worry a little but that those involved in the Hall of Fame Showcase wont be available in Universe.
My guess is because Dustin Rhodes (as Dustin Rhodes not Goldust), only wrestled for a couple of months in the WWE and most people won't remember that. And he only wrestled in 2 televised matches with one being at the Rumble in 91 and then he left immediately after that match. Also I'm guessing they are including as "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes which is the persona in WCW.

# 38 lsalas76 @ 10/07/15 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by and1product

They have Alundra Blayze and Paige in because they were 2015 Hall of Fame inductees.

# 39 wiscowilz @ 10/07/15 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
My guess is because Dustin Rhodes (as Dustin Rhodes not Goldust), only wrestled for a couple of months in the WWE and most people won't remember that. And he only wrestled in 2 televised matches with one being at the Rumble in 91 and then he left immediately after that match. Also I'm guessing they are including as "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes which is the persona in WCW.
Yeah I figure the Showcase guys will be available in Universe and other modes but I guess its better to plan for the worst and hope for the best. That way if for some reason they aren't available we wont be completely disappointed.

# 40 bigdipper88 @ 10/07/15 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It'll be Dusty Rhodes, not Dustin

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.