Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Looks like we have some news regarding the first major NBA 2K16 patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Ronnie2K
[The patch] is being tested. It then needs to be approved by 1P which can take 10-14 days

The news comes from Ronnie2K. No major details yet, but Pro-Am is a major focus.

Since NBA 2K16 released on Friday, September 25, one of its major new modes, Pro-Am, has been broken for a vast majority of players. Most players are unable to even begin a game, while others can't join in with friends who live on opposite ends of the country.

We'll keep you posted when we get more details on the upcoming patch.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 yonly1ME @ 10/08/15 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagswag21
Tryna tell ME I can't wear longer socks and a pair of shoes other than 2K generics in mycareer because "I don't have a shoe endorsement". 2K is full of $#! + and been so for years. But they wanna be so realistic so bad though.
Lol you can wear name brand sneakers as early as high school. I was wearing Adidas in high school (after the 1st game) and college then switched to Nike without an endorsement once I was in the NBA.

However, I agree with you that the fact we can't change our sock length, wear compression pants or have access to the same accessories as CAPs or NBA sucks. Especially after all the complaints regarding the issue last year.

# 42 steveng318 @ 10/08/15 12:52 PM
i need them to fix the shoulder sleeve glitch! plus give me back my vc for everything i bought the first weekend of game play! that they then took away from me! the 2k store is tripping i'm not sure if this is their way of getting you buy more vc but damn if i buy it, it's bought and i shouldn't have to buy it again every time i change my shoes,clothes,or court! i own it don't i use my vc for it and now your saying buy it again! i have screen shots where it says equipped but has the price in the background. as i recall when purchase something the price goes away! then you own it and equip it, not equip it and not own it!

# 43 Saviour @ 10/08/15 12:55 PM
I can only assume that anyone that is saying the game isnt broken must be trolling the OS forum. 2K is admitting the ProAM feature does not work but people are still blindly defending the game as if its perfect. If you purchase a car and a small feature like auto raising windows doesnt work but the car still rides perfectly are you not upset?

If i but anything because of features that are marketed to me i expect it to work after the sale has been completed not 4 weeks later. If it doesnt work as promised the company deserves to be criticized. Thats why online reviews exist. To expose a company for shady practices and false advertising. 2K puts a broken basketball game on the market every year but fix it later. The game is good but its always better AFTER they fix the issues each year.

# 44 Gosens6 @ 10/08/15 12:58 PM
No one is debating that pro-am isn't broken, it clearly is, but for the most part the game works relatively well in all other aspects.

We've all known for years how 2K is with their online modes. Online guys should realistically wait a week or two to buy to see if all the online features are working and functioning properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 45 Saviour @ 10/08/15 01:11 PM
But that is the mentality that is what drives online gamers crazy. If the game isnt going to work the moment it is available to the public then 2K Sport or Take Two is obligated to release a statement stating so.

To market a feature that is not going to work on day one and not inform your consumers is a money grab and its a dirty practice that they should be called out on. Either Visual Concepts has the WORST QA department in the entire video game industry or they just expect us to put up with a broken product year after year as long as they fix it at some point. Thats been the history to this point. I would be fine with a statement acknowledging certain features are not available on day one but Take Two knows they will lose money if they release a statement saying their product will not be fully featured until weeks later. EA will jump all over this and run a massive smear campaign looking to take them down and also convert gamers.

# 46 Cletus @ 10/08/15 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saviour
But that is the mentality that is what drives online gamers crazy. If the game isnt going to work the moment it is available to the public then 2K Sport or Take Two is obligated to release a statement stating so.

To market a feature that is not going to work on day one and not inform your consumers is a money grab and its a dirty practice that they should be called out on. Either Visual Concepts has the WORST QA department in the entire video game industry or they just expect us to put up with a broken product year after year as long as they fix it at some point. Thats been the history to this point. I would be fine with a statement acknowledging certain features are not available on day one but Take Two knows they will lose money if they release a statement saying their product will not be fully featured until weeks later. EA will jump all over this and run a massive smear campaign looking to take them down and also convert gamers.
As much as online not working is a bad issue, it seems most people don't care. Either that or it's not a big deal as this game has sold plenty since it's release. I'm not a big 2k or basketball fan, but I know enough to wait if I want to play online. After all these years, if people are hardcore online, they should know to wait. No use in getting all up in arms when it's the same thing year after year. It's terrible and it shouldn't be that way, but that's just the way it is.

As far as EA catching up, they have to worry about figuring out how the out of bounds rules work before they get my money.

# 47 redsox4evur @ 10/08/15 02:06 PM
Quote:

Except they, just like us, don't know until day 1 that the servers will/will not work. Because they can't produce the amount of traffic generated to the servers.

# 48 k9nineseguel6 @ 10/08/15 02:27 PM
Don't forget about Jimmy Butler's skin tone needs to be darker, and Derrick Rose hairstyle needs updating.

# 49 Lakerf57n @ 10/08/15 03:40 PM
They need to add in that patch a way to let you edit your Mycareer player.The game shows an error every time i try

# 50 aylmer1981 @ 10/08/15 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbadwan
Does this include the fix for Xbox One face scan? or is that being released separately?
I second that question

# 51 24ct @ 10/08/15 03:50 PM
I'm sure there are ways to produce artificial traffic. Hackers do it all the time when they slow down psn or stop it completely. Not gonna keep giving 2k a pass for shotty servers or testing or whatever the real issue is.

Although I don't think traffic is the only problem. It may be a combination of things.

But, Destiny had way more players online day 1 and you literally can't play unless you're online. I've never had a problem with Destiny unless PSN was down or they were doing maintenance. For the amount of players on Destiny all day, all their features usually work.

So to say they can't artificially produce the amount of traffic they may have based on preorders is a cop out.

# 52 Saviour @ 10/08/15 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
I'm sure there are ways to produce artificial traffic. Hackers do it all the time when they slow down psn or stop it completely. Not gonna keep giving 2k a pass for shotty servers or testing or whatever the real issue is.

Although I don't think traffic is the only problem. It may be a combination of things.

But, Destiny had way more players online day 1 and you literally can't play unless you're online. I've never had a problem with Destiny unless PSN was down or they were doing maintenance. For the amount of players on Destiny all day, all their features usually work.

So to say they can't artificially produce the amount of traffic they may have based on preorders is a cop out.
Exactly. I work in technology and "load testing" an online server based product before release is mandatory. Its not optional. There are also rumors that the game is region locked now which if its true is beyond ridiculous in an online gaming world. But it explains why I cant play against my buddy on the west coast even tho we played in the Rec in 2K15 all year. What is going on with the decision makers over in 2K land?

# 53 basehead617 @ 10/08/15 05:25 PM
Quote:
Exactly. I work in technology and "load testing" an online server based product before release is mandatory.
Yeah but in your company (or most companies), you just push back the release until it's ready. 2K gets sued for millions of dollars by the NBA and retailers in penalties for not making the market date. Big difference.

# 54 jackzagal @ 10/08/15 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackonish
I hope that they will address the problem where i am a point guard in MC, and after 6 seconds of the possession i get bad grade for holding the ball too much.

I Call the play, stand on the blue circle and puff, i am holding the ball too much.

Adress the guy in the stand that yells every time, "pass the ball it's taking too much" or what ever. He is like a stalker, he atended all the games since high school, College, home and away nba games... it is creepy to play when you have a stalker.
That has to be the most constantly annoying thing from the game I could find so far, lol.

# 55 Trackball @ 10/08/15 08:44 PM
Quote:
I hope that they will address the problem where i am a point guard in MC, and after 6 seconds of the possession i get bad grade for holding the ball too much.

I Call the play, stand on the blue circle and puff, i am holding the ball too much.

Adress the guy in the stand that yells every time, "pass the ball it's taking too much" or what ever. He is like a stalker, he atended all the games since high school, College, home and away nba games... it is creepy to play when you have a stalker.
For me, as a center, it's standing on the blue circle, waiting for the play to be set in motion, and...it never does.

The point guard just stands there with the ball ("Move the ball! You're stickin' too much!") until the shot clock reaches 1 or 2.

Dude, I'm on my spot! What do you want me to DO?!

I found that I could force a play to move by getting into position and setting a screen, but that seems more like the play breaking, resetting, and going to the next one in line.

I'm on my spot, waiting for the next step, and it never comes. This happens when player/position-locked in MyLeague and MyGM, too.

It's a shame, given how great the REST of this game is.

# 56 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 10/09/15 08:53 AM
I wonder if the pro am leaderboards will be reset with this patch.

# 57 Eman5805 @ 10/09/15 12:12 PM
I hope the patch also fixes the bizarre tendency for the game commentary to not talk about any individual player or team when in Play Now when the game is connected online.

# 58 Greene_Flash03 @ 10/09/15 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
For me, as a center, it's standing on the blue circle, waiting for the play to be set in motion, and...it never does.

The point guard just stands there with the ball ("Move the ball! You're stickin' too much!") until the shot clock reaches 1 or 2.

Dude, I'm on my spot! What do you want me to DO?!

I found that I could force a play to move by getting into position and setting a screen, but that seems more like the play breaking, resetting, and going to the next one in line.

I'm on my spot, waiting for the next step, and it never comes. This happens when player/position-locked in MyLeague and MyGM, too.

It's a shame, given how great the REST of this game is.
Yup, it's a shame. There are times you have to guess where you should go, then the play continues. Can't believe we're still having this issue. I remember when they first introduced MyPlayer/MyCareer, we're unable to see the plays on the court, they added that via patch, then it went away again the following year, they had to patch it again. Now this.

# 59 RCognition @ 10/09/15 07:16 PM
Anyone think we'll have 5v5 with our own friends patched in, or will we be forever stuck with just 5 and not able to play against 5 other friends head to head?

# 60 zrohman @ 10/10/15 06:50 AM
Quote:

Good legitimate issue. Don't worry about sock length lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.