Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 patch 1.02 is available now for PlayStation 4, weighing in at 2.2GB. Xbox One users will have to wait a little longer, but no estimated time or date has been given.

The patch should fix the Pro-Am connection issues, but no other details have been given.

Until we get patch notes, scheduled to be released soon, feel free to let us know what you are seeing.

LD2K mentions to say goodbye to DemiGods and hi to Pro-Am arenas.

UPDATE: Patch notes have arrived.

GENERAL
  • Resolved a rare case where the game would hang when entering/exiting the Tattoo editor when customizing the tattoos on your MyPLAYER.
  • Addressed an issue on the main menu where the title would freeze for a period of time before proceeding to the selected action (e.g. loading a MyCAREER save).
  • Tuned player sweat so that its effects are much more visible when playing longer quarter lengths.
  • Players will no longer slide/skate when pressing the block button during an inbound state. It was funny while it lasted.
  • Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters.
  • Resolved a case where certain players (e.g. Kristaps Porzingis) would have their hairstyle change slightly when zooming in the camera very close in replay.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Pro-Am Team Play has been added to the game! You can now play as a full team in your custom-built arenas.
  • Addressed a number of matchmaking issues that inhibited users from playing in Pro-Am Walk-On games.
  • Fixed an issue where your player would sometimes appear with the incorrect height (if you had more than one MyCAREER save file) when entering MyPARK/Pro-Am from within MyCAREER.
  • Fixed a rare case where the ball would get stuck in the High Roller courts, thus preventing a game from concluding.
  • Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
  • Improved the animation of the skateboard in MyPARK. If you don’t have this, get it. You can move between courts faster than those that are on-foot!
  • 2K Beats will now continue to play after finishing a game in MyPARK.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join their friends’ MyCOURTs.
  • Fixed an issue where the host user was unable to send MyCOURT invites after leaving MyPARK/Pro-Am with a squad.
  • Addressed a number of issues with Accolades not unlocking at the appropriate time within MyCAREER.
  • Pressing the back button will no longer cause the game to hang from the MyCAREER NEXT menu after being eliminated from the playoffs.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
  • Numerous tuning and code enhancements to improve simulated player stats.
  • Playoff games (within a series) can no longer be played out of order in MyLEAGUE Online.
  • Found and fixed a case where visiting certain submenus with no head coach would cause the game to hang.
  • Fans of relocated/rebranded teams will no longer hold up signs referencing the previous identity of the team.
  • Fixed a rare hang that could occur when the ticker referenced a previous game result where all of the players on the team have since been traded.
  • Selecting to load a custom draft class will no longer cause a game hang in the MyGM offseason if you had previously been fired during that same offseason.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 davel @ 10/13/15 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
It's actually comments like this that are ridiculous when you decide not to read and jump the gun making comments that are out of sorts.
Well, there was an early post that said it wasn't fixed. So if you could confirm that would be great

# 82 Thadon89 @ 10/13/15 04:10 PM
DID NORMAN POWELL GET HIS CYBER FACE OR FACE UPDATED

# 83 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/13/15 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
Can confirm you play in an Arena, searched with 4 players and ended up in one.
How ?! I've played 3 games with 5 ppl in total and still haven't seen our court

# 84 BrianU @ 10/13/15 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Keep in mind folks, this patch is fairly small in scale and is centered around Pro-Am. The next patch will contain more of what you are looking for (gameplay fixes, game mode fixes, etc.).
Am hoping when you mention gameplay fixes I hope you guys are looking into the CPU Pick n Roll defense. It's the single biggest issue imo and lots of other people's opinions. Much more knowledgeable people than I are discussing it: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ll-issues.html

For a game that screams Simulation and openly embraces the title, and for all the work you guys did with play calling/the way offenses run it's a real sore thumb that pick n rolls are so easily completed at will. The answer shouldn't be to avoid running too many pick n rolls, it should be more like a chess match where the CPU will shut you down if you aren't playing as the style of your team.

# 85 TheWalkingCash @ 10/13/15 04:16 PM
How soon do we think for Xbox One?

# 86 CRIP4LIFE @ 10/13/15 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalkingCash
How soon do we think for Xbox One?
Quote:
NBA 2K16 patch 1.02 is available now for PlayStation 4, weighing in at 2.2GB. Xbox One users will have to wait a little longer, but no estimated time or date has been given.
was posted in OP

# 87 GradyMac @ 10/13/15 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
How ?! I've played 3 games with 5 ppl in total and still haven't seen our court
Hmm, just curious if you were the "away" team all three games?

Did you play in another team's arena or the generic ProAm court? If the generic court; are you certain you selected "play as a team" instead of "walk on?"

# 88 RCognition @ 10/13/15 04:23 PM
I have played with 3 friends and 2 AI and 4 friends and 1 AI and always on the yellow pro-am court. Maybe there is another way to access it. Or maybe the other team didn't have an arena setup?

# 89 coolcras7 @ 10/13/15 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Smh. If it's something that they just can't fix I wish they would just come out & say it. This has been a problem for 3 years now.
It was already spoken about then the PS4 was released and this was an issue, it works on Xbox so should come to the logical conclusion that its an issue with the PS4 design and there is no current fix. If you play over a certain amount to minutes, which includes over time end of the game highlight won't be accessible, in addition if you play on 8-9 minute quarters you have to close out after each game to continue to receive end of the game highlights so no back to back games without restarting closing and restarting.

# 90 Dlee3 @ 10/13/15 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
It gives VC now. I'm still Tryna find out about custom courts . No luck so far
Even if you are not the leader?

# 91 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 10/13/15 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
It was already spoken about then the PS4 was released and this was an issue, it works on Xbox so should come to the logical conclusion that its an issue with the PS4 design and there is no current fix. If you play over a certain amount to minutes, which includes over time end of the game highlight won't be accessible, in addition if you play on 8-9 minute quarters you have to close out after each game to continue to receive end of the game highlights so no back to back games without restarting closing and restarting.
I get all that but I have yet to hear officially from 2K that this is something that simply can't be fixed ever. Every time someone asks about it in a live stream, Q&A, etc... they just gloss over it. If they officially come out & say it can't be fixed then people would stop asking about it & move on but to my knowledge they have yet to do so....

# 92 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/13/15 04:37 PM
Just got in a custom arena . Think bit teams gotta have an arena created and it Randoms who's home

# 93 jada855 @ 10/13/15 04:54 PM
The crowd noise enhancement is noticeable much appreciated.

# 94 WhoG0nSt0pME @ 10/13/15 04:57 PM
Just finished a pro am game. Had 5 players and played in custom arena

# 95 BluFu @ 10/13/15 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
The crowd noise enhancement is noticeable much appreciated.
This is throughout the game? Or just buzzer beaters?

# 96 Tunechid @ 10/13/15 05:00 PM
Played on somebody court, whoever court you play on is random pick. When picking court it say home and away with arrow going each way whichever it land on its home. It was very fun, no commentary

# 97 RCognition @ 10/13/15 05:01 PM
No custom 5v5 patched, correct? Still no way to play against all of your friends, you have to play against random other 5?

# 98 Hopsin @ 10/13/15 05:03 PM
I just played a pro-am game, and everything worked as advertised.. My only problem is it feels like off all defense is sluggish.. Maybe it's just me, but it feels a lot slower.

# 99 DolfanDave @ 10/13/15 05:03 PM
I respect and understand quick fix as one mode was completely not working. But I am praying to the "2k gods" that transition defense is top dog on patch 3 as that causes issue for online and offline gamers .

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 100 jc483 @ 10/13/15 05:07 PM
is anyone seeing the sweat improvements? I've tried 9 minute and 12 minute quarters and no difference. In 6 minute quarters you start to see sweat within the first couple of minutes

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.