Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 patch 1.02 is available now for PlayStation 4, weighing in at 2.2GB. Xbox One users will have to wait a little longer, but no estimated time or date has been given.

The patch should fix the Pro-Am connection issues, but no other details have been given.

Until we get patch notes, scheduled to be released soon, feel free to let us know what you are seeing.

LD2K mentions to say goodbye to DemiGods and hi to Pro-Am arenas.

UPDATE: Patch notes have arrived.

GENERAL
  • Resolved a rare case where the game would hang when entering/exiting the Tattoo editor when customizing the tattoos on your MyPLAYER.
  • Addressed an issue on the main menu where the title would freeze for a period of time before proceeding to the selected action (e.g. loading a MyCAREER save).
  • Tuned player sweat so that its effects are much more visible when playing longer quarter lengths.
  • Players will no longer slide/skate when pressing the block button during an inbound state. It was funny while it lasted.
  • Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters.
  • Resolved a case where certain players (e.g. Kristaps Porzingis) would have their hairstyle change slightly when zooming in the camera very close in replay.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Pro-Am Team Play has been added to the game! You can now play as a full team in your custom-built arenas.
  • Addressed a number of matchmaking issues that inhibited users from playing in Pro-Am Walk-On games.
  • Fixed an issue where your player would sometimes appear with the incorrect height (if you had more than one MyCAREER save file) when entering MyPARK/Pro-Am from within MyCAREER.
  • Fixed a rare case where the ball would get stuck in the High Roller courts, thus preventing a game from concluding.
  • Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
  • Improved the animation of the skateboard in MyPARK. If you don’t have this, get it. You can move between courts faster than those that are on-foot!
  • 2K Beats will now continue to play after finishing a game in MyPARK.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join their friends’ MyCOURTs.
  • Fixed an issue where the host user was unable to send MyCOURT invites after leaving MyPARK/Pro-Am with a squad.
  • Addressed a number of issues with Accolades not unlocking at the appropriate time within MyCAREER.
  • Pressing the back button will no longer cause the game to hang from the MyCAREER NEXT menu after being eliminated from the playoffs.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
  • Numerous tuning and code enhancements to improve simulated player stats.
  • Playoff games (within a series) can no longer be played out of order in MyLEAGUE Online.
  • Found and fixed a case where visiting certain submenus with no head coach would cause the game to hang.
  • Fans of relocated/rebranded teams will no longer hold up signs referencing the previous identity of the team.
  • Fixed a rare hang that could occur when the ticker referenced a previous game result where all of the players on the team have since been traded.
  • Selecting to load a custom draft class will no longer cause a game hang in the MyGM offseason if you had previously been fired during that same offseason.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 JMart14 @ 10/13/15 08:46 PM
Started a proam game with 2 more users and everyone but the Center played out of position. CPU played PG and SG ahead of our PG who played SF.

# 142 JoozyJ @ 10/13/15 09:09 PM
what about those damn shoulder sleeves?? =/

# 143 Lagoa @ 10/13/15 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
How are we suppose to believe anything on the patch notes from 2K if they lied about the sweat being fixed.

Third quarter with 12 min qts and neither team has dropped a tear....I have Melo playing all minutes and he has no sweat at all

NewsFlash 2K

In the real NBA players sweat 2 min into games
I really dont believe this! 2k is kidding with us.... and u right, in real life, 3min game and all players are sweat on court.

If 2k dont fix this, IMO, this game is broken, because this is a very huge detail for the realism for me.

# 144 satchmykels @ 10/13/15 09:33 PM
Just played a 10 minute quarter game for myleague with Euroleague teams and the CPU team refused to inbound the ball after a made basket for the final 2 minutes of the first quarter. Fortunately the clock was running or I'd have been forced to close the app. Not sure if this is a new issue from the patch but it's new to me.

# 145 EarvGotti @ 10/13/15 09:41 PM
Whats the crowd attendance thing in Pro-Am? When you start a game in your arena, it shows the number of people in the crowd before each game. Does this grow as you win more games or something?

# 146 The 24th Letter @ 10/13/15 09:42 PM
Sweat is serious business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 147 infam0us @ 10/13/15 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Maybe it's just my eyes but I've never noticed the sweat or lack of

# 148 coolcras7 @ 10/13/15 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Is there anything better than seeing a sweaty man on the basketball court, wait what ?

# 149 fsufan4423 @ 10/13/15 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb08
"Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters"

Why not on defense when team score in bunches?
When crunch time comes?
When making big shots?
When making a huge block?
When crossing the defender?
When team is making a huge run?

Totally can tune these to make the game atmosphere more exciting..
This, and please remove the middle school football "Defense" chant.

# 150 trandoanhung1991 @ 10/13/15 10:22 PM
Here's hoping PC users aren't left out of the loop. Any ETA for PC?

# 151 Jumpman14 @ 10/13/15 10:30 PM
Has the free throw line shake can stop working for anybody else?

# 152 mmafan18 @ 10/13/15 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I'm trying to play as a Walk-On and its not working at all.

It's always stuck at 9 players and has us in the locker room for like 15 mins. I've backed out like 4 times and still the same thing.

What was fixed? lol
ugh not liking the sound of this. I'm on xbox one and if they really couldn't fix pro am for walks that really sucks. I found a couple guys to play as a team but sometimes when people aren't playing i'd like to just play with some randoms.

# 153 bevofrancis @ 10/13/15 10:33 PM
Just played our first game in an arena in pro am. Couldn't call defense plays anymore. Does anyone know if the play calling is disabled or broke in the arena games?

# 154 Ray Vibes @ 10/13/15 10:36 PM
To the people who have the patch, were the leader boards reset because of this?

# 155 Smallville102001 @ 10/13/15 10:44 PM
Watching hockey right now and I have the patch downloading so I have 3 questions. Is the sweat really fixed? How are sim stats after this compared to before? Last thing how is the crowd now? Out side of those 3 thins nothing really matters to me in this patch so I hope those 3 things are really fixed.

# 156 JMart14 @ 10/13/15 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
To the people who have the patch, were the leader boards reset because of this?
.|.Nope.|.

# 157 The 24th Letter @ 10/13/15 11:09 PM
Got in my very first try as a walk on....did pretty good too....13 and 11. It was a lot of fun man, both teams actually played some team ball...

Would be even fun with a squad!

Just got in again as a walk on- under a minute of wait time

# 158 twebb5896 @ 10/13/15 11:19 PM
Coming Week? What does that even mean?

# 159 twebb5896 @ 10/13/15 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
I remember us Xbox guys waiting to get patch 4 from last year after PlayStation announced it was already released for them. I really hope we don't have to wait as long as we did for that patch.
I don't understand why it takes MS so long it's really disappointing it's like watching people play a better game than you

# 160 MontanaMan @ 10/13/15 11:23 PM
Is there a definitive guide for how to play in your arena?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.