Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

If you’re a fan of Madden's franchise mode, then more than likely you have a list of items you would like to see added or tweaked -- most of us do. That list of items will obviously differ and vary widely depending on whom you ask because we all have different perspectives, likes and wants when it comes to our gaming utopia. For myself though, I have a pretty specific set of changes and additions that I feel would dramatically expand the Madden CFM experience, and add much needed depth and longevity.

Read More - Five New Additions For Madden NFL's Franchise Mode We'd Like to See

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 FINCANEfan @ 10/19/15 11:54 AM
a small ut I think fun addition would be to incorporate fantasy football into CFM somehow. either by just showing who were the top fantasy players for the week or an actual fantasy implementation where the owner chooses a fantasy team each week and tries to beat out the other owners. I think that would be fun

# 2 Dawg Pound @ 10/19/15 12:03 PM
A weekly roundup page that showed top preformers, scores, boxscores and standings would be nice.

# 3 Sheba2011 @ 10/19/15 12:23 PM
My 5 would be:

Practice Squad.

Injury Overhaul - include the short time IR, real IR and a full probably, doubtful, out system that affects how each guy plays. (ex: probably you only play at 90% etc).

Full coaching staff - I want coordinators, position coaches, scouts etc. And I want them to be actually mean something to the game.

Gameplanning - actually being able to plan for your opponent, watching film on them, customizing your assignments/matchups and picking the plays your going to use.

Relocation - a full relocation suite where the user can pick everything and anything they want from a team name, to a custom logo. Even adopt a Forza style logo creator for endless possibilities and allow them to be uploaded and shared. Allow me to pick the colors I want, not have to pick between 3 colors I dont like.

Bonus:

Extras - Keep me involved during the season with radio shows, newspapers, a recap show, a draft show. Go back to Madden 05 and 2k5 and give us everything from those. Keep me dialed in to what is happening around the league, make the franchise mode actually come alive.

# 4 wisdom less13 @ 10/19/15 12:24 PM
Restricted and unrestricted free agents. You know, like how it used to be about a decade ago...

# 5 Quentin32 @ 10/19/15 12:33 PM
For the love of based god when will Madden have when defensive concepts for each team

# 6 kse79x @ 10/19/15 12:40 PM
Fix the menus. Please, there is no reason to have every menu reset when you go into a deeper menu and then go back. Also, when doing things like Booting or Autoing someone, you shouldnt be taken back to the main screen. Sometimes, its the little things that are so annoying.

I think another thing that would be awesome is to use the power of the internet. Let us manage and do almost any aspect of the franchise from the web. Let us scout from the web, for example. Manage users in our league (Auto, boot, etc).

# 7 speedtrucker @ 10/19/15 01:15 PM
you basically just listed 5 features that were constantly present during the NCAA franchise days...

1. I'll basically say that pre-season/off-season would be the recruiting battles because of the obvious lack of pre-season games in NCAA.

2. although the "full" defensive assignment wasn't present there either, they did have the ability to fully control package substitutions outside of the game. still want the ability to put my #1 DB on the #1 WR all the time though.

3. Presentation... sorta yes and no. NCAA had a much better presentation because it was a full ESPN & NCAA lincensed presentation. kinda my problem with both NBA 2k and Madden, fake presentations that are sorta close and sorta not are annoying. I don't even know who the intro guy for Madden is and it bugs me, especially when my intros are always either the starting QBs or TEs... even worse when it is my backup TE previewed and he has like 8 catches for 14 yards... yay immersion. people complained about NCAA because of the tired dialogue but that is the case with most sports titles, but the intros, the flyovers, the halftime presentations and the end game stuff was 2nd only to the greatness that was nfl2k5...

4. was done in the online dynasty, if a user game had not been played yet then it was still shown but with no score yet. if played it showed the score. it was great to know what you had to do.

5. coaching carousel, already done and was pretty fun in NCAA.

# 8 RandallB21 @ 10/19/15 01:40 PM
1. Going along the same lines as the defensive alignments/assignments how about we take a page from NCAA and bring in formation subs as a part of the roster editing like depth carts are. Right now the 49ers play their nickel and dime packages with 4 safeties. Reid, Bethea, Ward and Tartt all are on the field at the same time. As of right now I have to edit the depth chart so that Ward and Tartt are the 3rd and 4th CB's but when the starters get hurt I have to re-edit the depth chart to bring in the actual back up CB. Very annoying. Formation subs takes care of that. Call it formation packages.

2. Customizable and Shareable Draft Classes. I don't think I need to go into too much detail here. I still have Madden 25 and NCAA 14 because I like to draft real college players. NBA 2K does it.

3. More relocation/create-a-whatever options and have it OUTSIDE of CFM. Lets say I want to move the St. Louis Rams to Los Angeles and change their color scheme back to the 80's version blue and yellow. Lets say I also want to move any other random team to Las Vegas or Orlando, and rebrand them with a new custom color scheme. We should be able to do that outside of just the CFM mode. Again taking an example from 2K their MyLeague is paving the way for customizable experiences. I think I should be able to change the teams to my liking and start a CFM with my new arrangement. We should also be able to share these new creations with the community. (EA where did Team Builder go?)

4. Create/Edit uniforms - I should be able to change an existing uniform to my liking or create new alternate uniforms. Not just mix and match preloaded ones. There are some talented designers that have taken a crack at redesigns for the NFL. Not all are great but some are actually reall good. Here are a few examples
http://www.jessealkire.com/nfl/

5. I am with Sheba2011 above and give us a practice squad and the ability to designate players as inactive for each game and have players react to it. Shareece Wright was inactive for the 49ers this season, got pissed and asked for a trade or release. Granted. He signed and started with the Ravens this past Sunday only to be burned for 2 TD's by the 49ers not so great pass offense. "If it's in the game..." ah nevermind.

# 9 King Cardinal @ 10/19/15 01:56 PM
Here's my 10 suggestions for CFM:

1. Functional Auto-subs: It's obvious for realism

2. Defensive Assignments: It will return in M17 considering Rex saying it barely missed on being added to the game this year.

3. Rework the drive goals: I like the drive goals but needed some major rework by having a required main goal (gives confidence and xp) and an optional goal (just xp).

4. Expanded relocation features: Let us keep the logos the NFL allows us but let us change the color, uniform, and stadium.

5. Expanded editing: Let us edit the game.

6. Improved draft classes: It depends on who's doing the ratings and also make the classes more realistic (improved parameters).

7. Presentation: Different graphics for preseason and playoffs, Home-field advantage, keeping jumbotron graphics when rebuilding new stadium (if you don't move), improved UI (underrated addition). Also improved lines from Nantz and Simms.

8. CPU vs CPU: Or at least change our opponents uniform

9. Fixing additional legacy issues

10. Making the offseason more important.

# 10 El Comodin24 @ 10/19/15 01:59 PM
1. Division/Conference realignment would be dope, similar to what 2k is doing with MyLeague.
2. the in-game ticker would be great
3. A page with the playoff picture that would pop up around week 13 would be nice.

# 11 asu666 @ 10/19/15 02:00 PM
Great suggestions. I've been having a difficult time figuring out why Madden didn't use NCAA's in-game ticker to show scores from around the NFL and stats, etc. The presentation needs a big upgrade and EA needs to quality test the heck out of the game prior to release.

# 12 J ROCK 05 @ 10/19/15 02:02 PM
1. Off ball injures-Would love to see injuries happen to players without the ball. Linemen, etc. Like Sheba2011 said have a full working injury system, probable, doubtful, day to day, etc, and based on their status, changes how effective they are (ratings).

2. Presentation/Ticker-We need updated presentation we see it in MLB and 2K, please make the jump to next gen. I don't understand why they have the ESPN license and still do not use it for graphic packages, would do a lot for the game. Keep it simple, we don't need zoomed in replays of the ball, the times that Madden uses the broadcast camera for replays is when Madden honestly looks best in replay. Stop trying to create something and just keep it basic. Can we please get a working sports ticker of our in game franchise, scores, stats, upcoming games, if not played yet. Halftime show, with stats from around the league. Keep us immersed in our franchise. I like the idea of multiple broadcast teams, but don't think madden is anywhere near ready for that.

3. Defense/Game planning- This is inexcusable that we cannot double team, change defensive assignments, this must be fixed. Allow us to actually game plan our upcoming opponents. I want to see what they do/don't do well, key players, all without having to look up their team individually.

4. Weather- I would like weather to really make a difference. Yes, we have slips and falls when it's raining or snow on the field, but wind should play a bigger role in the passing game. Dynamic weather would be great, would love to start out sunny, becoming cloudy by 3rd quarter and maybe light rain by 4th quarter. Weather happens and changes, it doesn't just start out raining and rain for 4 hours all the time, mix it up!

5. More control- Overall more control of our franchises, team, coaches, players, we should be able to have total control if we want to without having to cheat the system.

# 13 Sphinx @ 10/19/15 02:09 PM
I agree with everything listed, one additional thing that I would love to see is better presentation during the draft. Have mock drafts, big board, make the top 10 drafted players walk to the podium. The real draft spans like 3 days, in the game the draft is so boring and uneventful.

# 14 Mattuf1 @ 10/19/15 02:19 PM
Anything, everything on this list or just anything at all. It's been so stagnant for years now. Take one year and fix Franchise mode because the gameplay in Madden 16 is a lot of fun. I play a ton of Play Now games. Basically just going through the NFL season but franchise mode just doesn't do it for me. If they could make it better, make it mean more and draw me in I would be hooked on Madden because the gameplay is a lot of fun.

# 15 garyraymond23 @ 10/19/15 02:30 PM
1. Owner Mode - Player interviews, similar to what NBA 2k has done. I'd like to be able to connect with my players throughout the season with in depth interviews.

2. Off Season - It's so basic and simplistic it's almost tedious. Throw something in there to make it more enjoyable, draft analysis before hand or let us watch the combine or give a draft prospect's history - school stats, personal story, something/anything so you feel like you can connect with the player.

Better yet, let us interview our draft prospects? Let us hold, say, 10 interviews per draft ..

3. Auto Subs - just fix them.

4. Awards are just a tab nobody really ever checks and there's "only" 2 yearly awards, expand that. I want the damn recognition for dominating with a certain player.

5. Switch OLB to Leo and so forth, this whole OLB position is getting annoying. Let us put anyone on the roster anywhere on the roster that we'd like. If i want to play JJ Watt at TE, let me. If I want to play Percy Harvin at RB, let me. If I want to play RG3 at SS, let me. Give us the ability to fully customize a depth chart to our liking. I've never understood why you hinder our ability to put somebody somewhere on OUR team.

# 16 Armor and Sword @ 10/19/15 02:35 PM
Great list.

I would also add:

1) Dedicated formation sub menu ala NCAA series. It is crucial we get this. I am so tired of having to manually do this every game. PITA.

2) Dynamic injury system ala Head Coach 2009. We need realistic injuries, lingering injuries, in game offensive line injuries. They really did a great job with penalties getting into the game. Now it's time to focus on a true realistic injury system.

# 17 RandallB21 @ 10/19/15 02:54 PM
I need to add one more thing. Since I run an Online CFM I would like an optional automatic timer to advance the season. We have a 1 week deadline to get games in our league in. I would like the ability to set a timer from the time I advance to have the CPU auto advance the league. Help push games along. and the ability to extend the timer if need be.

# 18 Datninja619 @ 10/19/15 04:21 PM
"Make Preseason Mean Something

As it is right now, the preseason in Madden is basically a waste of time for most, myself included. Sure, it’s fun to play with some of the newly signed free agents, and the rookies of course, but one can do that in Play Now mode or practice. What I would like to see added is the ability to have storylines and real position battles take place.

I mean if you’re going to label yourself as an NFL football simulation, than let’s try to do just that -- simulate the real NFL experience. Let us have practice scenarios where two wide receivers are battling for the final spot and have to prove themselves (or not) in a practice scenario mode. Or let's see how two linebackers can defend the pass or prove their tackling ability. I’m not asking for some wildly lengthy experience that would consume hours of our time, but simply a mode that allows us to see the pain and anguish that these players go through while battling to make a 53-man roster. If anything, let the user designate the players who are fighting for those positions, and put an emphasis on them and see how it plays out.

Full Defensive Assignment Ability

I know this has been mentioned by the developers, but please for the love of all that is holy, give the user the ability to fully control the defensive unit in game and out. If I want to make sure that Joe Haden, Richard Sherman or Darrelle Revis is constantly on the number one receiver, I should be able to do that. If I want to double team an opponent’s best wide out, I should be able to do that without having to manipulate the system in order to achieve that.

This is a basic necessity and need in order to play consistently good defense in the NFL, and it’s the same in the Madden franchise. Let’s be honest here, are you ever going to see a Darrin Walls or Brent Grimes line up against Calvin Johnson half the game? That answer would be no, unless you’re playing Madden of course."

I COMPLETELY agree with these two.
As for the preseason battles: Take a look at how NCAA football did that. That's a great foundation to build on imo.

# 19 Mdnghtmgcn1 @ 10/19/15 07:12 PM
All great ideas! In addition to the Score Ticker feature, it would be great if a feature was added where 'game breaks' were taken occasionally throughout your game to show video clips of recent happenings in other games taking place around the league at the same time. These video clips would be similar to what they had on the Sportscenter show in NFL 2K5. If your game is on a Sunday or Monday night, maybe instead of these 'game breaks' there would be a halftime show that gives a quick recap of the results of other games around the league from that week, including multiple video clips.

In addition, some other things I would like to see:

Conference and division realignment when initially setting up the league.

CPU vs. CPU in CFM.

A quicker way to choose to control all 32 teams in CFM.

Multiple mock drafts throughout the season/off-season and a better draft board.

A more immersive offseason with better stories for free agency, the draft, etc. The 'Top Stories' feature needs improvement all-around.

Dynamic weather and, if I control a team with a retractable roof stadium, the ability to choose whether to have it open or closed for any home game.

Team/player wants/needs playing more of a role in contract negotiations and team building. I really like the Team Building feature in NBA 2K16's MyGM mode and would like to see something similar in Madden, with teams being more forward-thinking, making signings/trades based on the state of their team currently and for the future. Some teams should be more or less conservative than others when it comes to making roster moves based on the type of people they have calling the shots.

Major or recurring injuries possibly having a lasting impact on a player's performance throughout a season, or even occasionally throughout the remainder of their career.

# 20 ATLBrayden @ 10/19/15 07:34 PM
EA should take some notes from the NCAA guys. They had things like in-game studio check-ups where they would show the score of other games and talk about what's going on in them, they had a coaching carousal, job security, team prestige, could create prospects in the franchise, could edit any player's ratings at any time, recruiting battles (which could be turned into something like player interviews at the combine in Madden), the list goes on and on.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.