Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 patch 1.02, which was released last week for PlayStation 4 users, is scheduled to arrive within the next 72 hours for Xbox One users.

UPDATE: The patch is available now, weighing in at 1.5 GB.

The patch notes are below, in case you missed them.

GENERAL
  • Resolved a rare case where the game would hang when entering/exiting the Tattoo editor when customizing the tattoos on your MyPLAYER.
  • Addressed an issue on the main menu where the title would freeze for a period of time before proceeding to the selected action (e.g. loading a MyCAREER save).
  • Tuned player sweat so that its effects are much more visible when playing longer quarter lengths.
  • Players will no longer slide/skate when pressing the block button during an inbound state. It was funny while it lasted.
  • Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters.
  • Resolved a case where certain players (e.g. Kristaps Porzingis) would have their hairstyle change slightly when zooming in the camera very close in replay.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Pro-Am Team Play has been added to the game! You can now play as a full team in your custom-built arenas.
  • Addressed a number of matchmaking issues that inhibited users from playing in Pro-Am Walk-On games.
  • Fixed an issue where your player would sometimes appear with the incorrect height (if you had more than one MyCAREER save file) when entering MyPARK/Pro-Am from within MyCAREER.
  • Fixed a rare case where the ball would get stuck in the High Roller courts, thus preventing a game from concluding.
  • Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
  • Improved the animation of the skateboard in MyPARK. If you don’t have this, get it. You can move between courts faster than those that are on-foot!
  • 2K Beats will now continue to play after finishing a game in MyPARK.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join their friends’ MyCOURTs.
  • Fixed an issue where the host user was unable to send MyCOURT invites after leaving MyPARK/Pro-Am with a squad.
  • Addressed a number of issues with Accolades not unlocking at the appropriate time within MyCAREER.
  • Pressing the back button will no longer cause the game to hang from the MyCAREER NEXT menu after being eliminated from the playoffs.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
  • Numerous tuning and code enhancements to improve simulated player stats.
  • Playoff games (within a series) can no longer be played out of order in MyLEAGUE Online.
  • Found and fixed a case where visiting certain submenus with no head coach would cause the game to hang.
  • Fans of relocated/rebranded teams will no longer hold up signs referencing the previous identity of the team.
  • Fixed a rare hang that could occur when the ticker referenced a previous game result where all of the players on the team have since been traded.
  • Selecting to load a custom draft class will no longer cause a game hang in the MyGM offseason if you had previously been fired during that same offseason.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 spoofrice11 @ 10/20/15 07:26 PM
That's disappointing. They didn't fix anything with gameplay?
(Like: layups being missed more than in High school games, blocks being a bit over the top, my AI guys not guarding anyone, and unguarded 3's even with guys like Reddick that are almost perfect releases almost always miss).
Was really was hoping some issues would at least be tweaked.

# 22 jyoung @ 10/20/15 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
I believe the patch is available now! YEAHHH
I restarted my Xbox One and it started downloading the patch.

# 23 Raider131 @ 10/20/15 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
That's disappointing. They didn't fix anything with gameplay?
(Like: layups being missed more than in High school games, blocks being a bit over the top, my AI guys not guarding anyone, and unguarded 3's even with guys like Reddick that are almost perfect releases almost always miss).
Was really was hoping some issues would at least be tweaked.
I think the gameplay patch is coming in november

# 24 CaCHooKa Man @ 10/20/15 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herm212
My custom logos won't load on the Xbox one. No logos show up on the screen.
I haven't been able to load a single image since the day the game came out. Still can't after this patch.

# 25 Steve_OS @ 10/20/15 08:00 PM
Yup, it's available. Updated OP.

1.5 GB.

# 26 infam0us @ 10/20/15 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
I haven't been able to load a single image since the day the game came out. Still can't after this patch.
It stopped working for me after getting the NXOE.

# 27 DirtySouf @ 10/20/15 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
It stopped working for me after getting the NXOE.
Yep, new dashboard killed the logos.

# 28 younghulk408 @ 10/20/15 08:13 PM
Anyone looking for a SG or SF for Pro Am and/or MyPark? I have a SG with 88 OVR and a SF with 82 OVR. I play unselfish and smart! GT: younghulk408

# 29 xSouthWESTx @ 10/20/15 08:17 PM
My game won't even load it says it's taking to long to load game..i tried everything I guess I will have to reinstall the game smh. If that doesn't work I'm screwed

# 30 Saviour @ 10/20/15 08:22 PM
I just got the patch. I had to restart my Xbox to force the download but I have it now. The restart forces the Xbox to talk to the servers apparently.

# 31 Ray Vibes @ 10/20/15 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSouthWESTx
My game won't even load it says it's taking to long to load game..i tried everything I guess I will have to reinstall the game smh. If that doesn't work I'm screwed
Try doing a hard reset on your console. Usually works for me.

# 32 DC @ 10/20/15 08:44 PM
Doesn't look to be many GAMEPLAY fixes

# 33 KingW @ 10/20/15 08:53 PM
Getting games easy enough right now, but still getting into the Rec and not the Arenas. Hopefully that will be working tomorrow.

# 34 Crea8vity @ 10/20/15 09:02 PM
Does it update automatically? It doesn't tell me there's an update

# 35 mmafan18 @ 10/20/15 09:08 PM
yea this patch is crap. Matchmaking for walk ons for pro am is still broken. So much for that.

edit- Got into one game after around 4 tries and had a horrible point guard who quit after turning it over 4 times.

# 36 Trent Booty @ 10/20/15 09:40 PM
Currently 75% on my Xbox as I type this! Can't wait!

# 37 infam0us @ 10/20/15 09:47 PM
Got into 3 games in succession. No Pro-AM courts though.

# 38 joosegoose @ 10/20/15 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mir
PC please?
Leftos has said the goal is to hopefully have it out on PC by the end of the week, as there were some unexpected complications. Also stated:
Quote:
There's been further PC-only optimizations as well as changes and fixes to the video settings (such as certain settings not working or turning them off not turning them off) in the past week that should be included in the upcoming patch. It will also include any and all fixes (gameplay or otherwise) from the cross-platform Patch 2.
Thank goodness I've been checking NLSC or else I'd have been completely in the dark this whole time regarding this patch for PC.

# 39 CrimsionXBL @ 10/20/15 10:14 PM
After my patch installed it continued to say there was a problem loading it, I hard restarted my xbox and could then play 2k again, only to find that Shaq, Ernie and Kenny all swap seats and say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and my commentary is now in Spanish..... great patch.

# 40 Lagoa @ 10/20/15 10:18 PM
Please guys, testing sweat and fatigue with 12min play!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.