Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 patch 1.02, which was released last week for PlayStation 4 users, is scheduled to arrive within the next 72 hours for Xbox One users.

UPDATE: The patch is available now, weighing in at 1.5 GB.

The patch notes are below, in case you missed them.

GENERAL
  • Resolved a rare case where the game would hang when entering/exiting the Tattoo editor when customizing the tattoos on your MyPLAYER.
  • Addressed an issue on the main menu where the title would freeze for a period of time before proceeding to the selected action (e.g. loading a MyCAREER save).
  • Tuned player sweat so that its effects are much more visible when playing longer quarter lengths.
  • Players will no longer slide/skate when pressing the block button during an inbound state. It was funny while it lasted.
  • Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters.
  • Resolved a case where certain players (e.g. Kristaps Porzingis) would have their hairstyle change slightly when zooming in the camera very close in replay.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Pro-Am Team Play has been added to the game! You can now play as a full team in your custom-built arenas.
  • Addressed a number of matchmaking issues that inhibited users from playing in Pro-Am Walk-On games.
  • Fixed an issue where your player would sometimes appear with the incorrect height (if you had more than one MyCAREER save file) when entering MyPARK/Pro-Am from within MyCAREER.
  • Fixed a rare case where the ball would get stuck in the High Roller courts, thus preventing a game from concluding.
  • Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
  • Improved the animation of the skateboard in MyPARK. If you don’t have this, get it. You can move between courts faster than those that are on-foot!
  • 2K Beats will now continue to play after finishing a game in MyPARK.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join their friends’ MyCOURTs.
  • Fixed an issue where the host user was unable to send MyCOURT invites after leaving MyPARK/Pro-Am with a squad.
  • Addressed a number of issues with Accolades not unlocking at the appropriate time within MyCAREER.
  • Pressing the back button will no longer cause the game to hang from the MyCAREER NEXT menu after being eliminated from the playoffs.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
  • Numerous tuning and code enhancements to improve simulated player stats.
  • Playoff games (within a series) can no longer be played out of order in MyLEAGUE Online.
  • Found and fixed a case where visiting certain submenus with no head coach would cause the game to hang.
  • Fans of relocated/rebranded teams will no longer hold up signs referencing the previous identity of the team.
  • Fixed a rare hang that could occur when the ticker referenced a previous game result where all of the players on the team have since been traded.
  • Selecting to load a custom draft class will no longer cause a game hang in the MyGM offseason if you had previously been fired during that same offseason.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jaynral @ 10/21/15 09:00 AM
This has definitely become the new trend with depending on patches for games.....It has definitely been a very bad double edge sword. The patches are too risky for me. They all usually end up messing something else up. Please companies, just put out a complete game at launch... Depending on patches is destroying games especially on xbox one

# 62 rjohns23 @ 10/21/15 09:12 AM
Sim stats seem the same. Meaning there was no tuning. There was still 20 plus guys averaging 10 plus boards a game and PIP is just redicolous. The low 15 per game and the high 33. With at least 23 teams averaging more than 100 points per game.

And for what its worth... No sweat

Not sure if the other stuff the patch was supposses to fix work but i only play Myleague so that is what i was looking forward to. Ill try again later when i get home. Maybe the patch didnt download right or something.

I really like 2k. Hell its the only game i got! But im starting to think generating sales is their main focus which i dont blame them. Feels like the game is rushed out the door. I think 2k has their hands tied with the nba because it seems like the game is released early and earlier each year. Knowing that there may be some bugs. I believe if the developers had their way, they would release the game probably at the start of the season.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

# 63 ronyell @ 10/21/15 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Sim stats seem the same. Meaning there was no tuning. There was still 20 plus guys averaging 10 plus boards a game and PIP is just redicolous. The low 15 per game and the high 33. With at least 23 teams averaging more than 100 points per game.

And for what its worth... No sweat

Not sure if the other stuff the patch was supposses to fix work but i only play Myleague so that is what i was looking forward to. Ill try again later when i get home. Maybe the patch didnt download right or something.

I really like 2k. Hell its the only game i got! But im starting to think generating sales is their main focus which i dont blame them. Feels like the game is rushed out the door. I think 2k has their hands tied with the nba because it seems like the game is released early and earlier each year. Knowing that there may be some bugs. I believe if the developers had their way, they would release the game probably at the start of the season.

Or better yet every two years because #ImNotDroppingTheIssue of going to a two year cycle to fix existing issues instead of replacing them with a new (but old) mode repackaged with it's own set of unfixed bugs.

# 64 redsox4evur @ 10/21/15 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
Or better yet every two years because #ImNotDroppingTheIssue of going to a two year cycle to fix existing issues instead of replacing them with a new (but old) mode repackaged with it's own set of unfixed bugs.
Yellz, my man, that would only happen if you had a generic basketball game. The NBA won't allow it. This has been brought up constantly in other game threads/forums. The leagues won't allow these companies to go to a 2 year development cycle. They would lose so much money it's not even funny. I'll take last month's 1.1 million sold. And just use the $60 price tag for easy math. If they did that they would lose over $60 million dollars. And the whole well people will pay to download a roster update and some patches to fix problems because I know someone will bring it up. NO they won't not in this day and age where the community can do roster updates for free and patches are already free.

# 65 cthurt @ 10/21/15 09:46 AM
Quote:

I always wanted something similar to this for sports games, just give us a year around roster update and the extra year of waiting wont be as bad.

# 66 ronyell @ 10/21/15 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yellz, my man, that would only happen if you had a generic basketball game. The NBA won't allow it. This has been brought up constantly in other game threads/forums. The leagues won't allow these companies to go to a 2 year development cycle. They would lose so much money it's not even funny. I'll take last month's 1.1 million sold. And just use the $60 price tag for easy math. If they did that they would lose over $60 million dollars. And the whole well people will pay to download a roster update and some patches to fix problems because I know someone will bring it up. NO they won't not in this day and age where the community can do roster updates for free and patches are already free.
Well aware but their must be some standard as the fact remains that each year we pay 100% of the money for 75% of the game only for it be patched later down the line to the point where we have a flawed game with modes that do not work as HEAVILY advertised... then us having 85% to 90% of a completely functional game for 60% - 70% of a gaming cycle.

I know that was a bit wordy but feel free to reference the fact the the 100% portion refers to the amount that we pay THEM.

# 67 ronyell @ 10/21/15 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I always wanted something similar to this for sports games, just give us a year around roster update and the extra year of waiting wont be as bad.
NHL is planning on doing one continuous game with updates in the future so it can't be THAT crazy.

# 68 YourHazard216 @ 10/21/15 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreSwagassi86
For the life of me I'll never understand how a game can come out and all the modes not work..... Lol.... But hey I'm gonna constantly spend $60 to only play $35 worth of it... Then wait 2 weeks for the other $23.75 to come in a patch... And since it's 2k the other remaining $1.25 just will linger because many other things will be broken.... Lol
You must not own the game cause all of the modes worked fine except for Pro Am. Now since they fixed that I have minimum issues with the game modes. Go troll elsewhere

# 69 hokupguy @ 10/21/15 10:11 AM
i still cant walk on to a pro am or play pro am . waited up too 25 mins and nothing any one else ?

# 70 rjohns23 @ 10/21/15 10:20 AM
Quote:
Your right man. But lets face it. 2k's demographic is probably ages 12-20. My nephews play 2k and all they want to play is that mycareer mypark mess lol. Thats where their money is.

We can complain about myleague all day but when the big-big boss comes into the development room, you can best believe the role playing eliments are the main focus.

# 71 djones3 @ 10/21/15 11:16 AM
tried pro am last night after the patch, was stuck on the loading screen 98% the whole time. this game is a joke, plus they already have the stimulus glitch. GREAT, its only been out a month... DEMI is next, just wait on it..

# 72 Teirminator @ 10/21/15 12:18 PM
Sites like OS are part of the problem here. Overhyping a game that has many completely broken parts. If an entire mode that is heavily marketed does not work AT ALL.. the review score should start at a 5 and go down from there. Docking it merely 0.5 pts, after the fact, for a mode not working at all is pretty lame, while raving about it as one of the greatest games of all time. I was underwhelmed by 2k15 and wasn't planning on getting 2k16 at all until I read all of the hype on here - both from the initial review and all of the first impression reactions. So my buddy and I both get it - cause we love to play sports games online together - and a month after buying it, we still have not been able to play online together at all and have spent way more time struggling to try that and sitting through superfluous presentation in the singleplayer experience, than actually playing basketball. Extremely frustrating. I just hope I actually learned my lesson this time and will wait a few weeks for the initial hype to die down before making a purchase decision next year.

They'll only start putting out better products if we refuse to buy the broken ones and make it clear that's why they are not selling.

# 73 oasis90 @ 10/21/15 12:32 PM
Game stucks before pro am game at 98%..this must be a joke 2k...

# 74 rd1981 @ 10/21/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystar500
So it doesn't fix the player lock thing?
I had a problem with player locking in myGM after simulating half of the season to get to the playoffs. I just found that going to options > position settings , then click right to select position lock. even though it showed DISABLED for every player, I had to enable it for a player, then disable it to fix the issue.

# 75 AndreSwagassi86 @ 10/21/15 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourHazard216
You must not own the game cause all of the modes worked fine except for Pro Am. Now since they fixed that I have minimum issues with the game modes. Go troll elsewhere
If Pro Am didn't work for 2 weeks after release how did ALL the game modes work? Please enlighten me... Pretty please...

I mean you said All except Pro Am...
Pro Am was one of their new highlight modes...

That's like madden releasing and draft champions not working for 2weeks

Don't call the truth a troll

When you buy a $60 game you expect every mode to work upon release

# 76 cthurt @ 10/21/15 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreSwagassi86
If Pro Am didn't work for 2 weeks after release how did ALL the game modes work? Please enlighten me... Pretty please...

I mean you said All except Pro Am...
Pro Am was one of their new highlight modes...

That's like madden releasing and draft champions not working for 2weeks

Don't call the truth a troll

When you buy a $60 game you expect every mode to work upon release

I admit the troll statement he made was a little harsh, but comparing this situation to Madden doesn't help your case when Draft Champions was the only mode that worked out the box for that game.

# 77 drakefive55 @ 10/21/15 04:37 PM
Any one else getting lag on mypark/pro am

Makes it really hard to take shots

# 78 irvgotti83 @ 10/21/15 05:33 PM
Pro am plays fine to me idk why everyone else is having problems mines started up no problem no issue actually played smooth better than the rec from last year

# 79 AndreSwagassi86 @ 10/21/15 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I admit the troll statement he made was a little harsh, but comparing this situation to Madden doesn't help your case when Draft Champions was the only mode that worked out the box for that game.
What madden did you play?

Every move worked for me during EA Access early trial and on release date

But to get NBA 2k16 early tip off and can't play a single pro am game until yesterday is a mess....

But what I originally admitted though is ill continue to pay $60 knowing the foolery is somewhere near

# 80 LOOSECANNON @ 10/21/15 06:34 PM
Where are the pre, post and halftime shows in a custom MyLeague?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.