Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

WWE 2K16 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, check out the launch trailer here.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RnRexpress3423 @ 10/28/15 12:52 PM
Hitting someone with a weapon actually looks like it hurts this year. There's IMPACT!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 102 Stormyhog @ 10/28/15 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
So pretty much the UFC 3 submission system?
Pretty much but there is an orb within the meter that you grab to help put your opponent away or escape.

# 103 StevenSD @ 10/28/15 01:20 PM
I feel bad for Renee Young... her character model is horrible.

# 104 cima @ 10/28/15 01:58 PM
I haven't been able to get online, specifically the community creations since late last night...

# 105 Lisac @ 10/28/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
I haven't been able to get online, specifically the community creations since late last night...
Was just on and Community Creations was fine, was not able to get onto store to buy accelerator!

# 106 Greene_Flash03 @ 10/28/15 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
I feel bad for Renee Young... her character model is horrible.
Really? I thought Renee is pretty close to her real life counterpart. Nikki Bella though, looks horrible in the game.

# 107 Greene_Flash03 @ 10/28/15 03:35 PM
This is my first WWE/WWF game since Smackdown 2 on PS2. 2k16 hit the sweet spot for me. No button mashing, it's all about timing and strategy, which I like. I do have a question though, can you "breakout" in Universe Mode? If so, how?

# 108 Reed1417 @ 10/28/15 03:45 PM
Oh my god I just had an epic match so I have to share a bit more of an in depth impression with this post. I'll try and keep it short.
I'm in Universe just testing things out for when I eventually get mine going for real. Cena vs. Brock at Extreme Rules in a rivalry and I picked to be Brock. The pacing is amazing as I said eariler, both guys shook hands before the match started and had signatures from the jump. It was a real back and forth match and I reversed one of Cena's AA's into an F5 which I was so hype about.
It took 4 F5's to put him away on normal difficulty. Then at the end of the match Cena raised Brock's hand. If this is any indication...I'm going to enjoy Universe mode. Now I'm off to finish the PPV with Orton vs. Seth for the WWE title!

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 109 StevenSD @ 10/28/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Really? I thought Renee is pretty close to her real life counterpart. Nikki Bella though, looks horrible in the game.

# 110 SmashMan @ 10/28/15 04:10 PM
Renee looks fine to me?

--

Having a lot of fun with the game so far. Haven't even jumped into Showcase yet. The submission mechanic is going to take a little time, but I'm happy to get away from the button-mashing. Still have to figure out rest holds, but the pacing is really good. Limiting reversals is such a great change to help simulate the momentum swings in a match. Now I just have to break my habit of purposely working a match.

Create-an-arena was sorely missed, and it looks like face uploading is helping people come up with with good CAWs already on Community Creations. I'm still giving it a couple weeks before the more detailed creators get their stuff uploaded, but it looks promising.

# 111 jvalverde88 @ 10/28/15 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
So pretty much the UFC 3 submission system?
Pretty much, it takes time but I've kinda improved in escaping submissions. Submitting people though not so much. Also be careful when you using L2/LT for speed boost for the submission mini game as it depletes your stamina.

# 112 CM Hooe @ 10/28/15 06:30 PM
This is a "details" complaint, but:

I wish there was any attempt at all to mirror the camera work from WWE's TV programming when entrances are playing. The camera should spin around the WWE logo during Seth Rollins' intro, the dynamic shot from the anchor camera at the start of Dean Ambrose's entrance should be there, etc. etc.

The game is getting realistic enough that the details are beginning to matter.

It doesn't affect how much I'm enjoying the game as-is, but in the future if these details are given the proper care the game will be that much better.

# 113 DTX3 @ 10/28/15 06:40 PM
Anyone having issues using the online features on XBO? trying to go to community creations but keeps saying my privacy and online safety settings are preventing me from accessing. Haven't touched those settings and was able to access creations yesterday.

# 114 countryboy @ 10/28/15 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
There are 4 championships, world, singles, tag and diva.
You can vacate the diva but can't replace it with another mens title.
I really wish they would change this. There aren't enough Divas to make it worth while having users be forced to have that as a belt on a show.

Lame

# 115 Stimhack @ 10/28/15 07:46 PM
I love it.
just need to get used to the new submission meter.
The limited reversals and improved AI make the cpu a challenge

# 116 DannoMac21 @ 10/28/15 08:06 PM
Can someone explain to me how to do a rest hold, and how to attempt to get out of one?

So let's say someone has me in a rest hold, and you see their right analog stick goes to the left, am I trying to mimic where the R is going? So if theirs goes to the left, should I try to get mine in the exact same position?

I also have no idea how to even initiate one on offense.

# 117 Junior Moe @ 10/28/15 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Anyone having issues using the online features on XBO? trying to go to community creations but keeps saying my privacy and online safety settings are preventing me from accessing. Haven't touched those settings and was able to access creations yesterday.

Yeah man it sucks. I haven't experienced it yet on 2K16 since I haven't gone looking for creations. But on 2K15, I'd say, 80% of the time Xbox Live was grayed out. I would get that same thing about accepting the privacy setting and stuff. When I could access it, I was only able to download a few wrestlers before it kicked me out. I just checked and was able to get on with 2K16. I only had 2K15 for a few weeks though so I'm not sure how much of an issue it really is. But 2K definitely needs to stay on this because if I experience in 16 what I did in my limited time with 15 then this game will take a major hit in my eyes.

# 118 SmashMan @ 10/28/15 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoMac21
Can someone explain to me how to do a rest hold, and how to attempt to get out of one?

So let's say someone has me in a rest hold, and you see their right analog stick goes to the left, am I trying to mimic where the R is going? So if theirs goes to the left, should I try to get mine in the exact same position?

I also have no idea how to even initiate one on offense.
Initiate one, I'm not sure. Someone posted a link to the manual earlier in the thread. I should go back and look too - it's probably in there.

To escape one, you rotate your stick until your circle spot turns red. Hold it there to fill it up. Totally independent of your opponent's - no need to mimic.

# 119 StoneColdSwede @ 10/29/15 02:58 AM
Rest holds are by holding X, the way you also do submissions. The opponent has to be in the seated "tired" position.

# 120 Brandwin @ 10/29/15 08:06 AM
Game is an absolute blast. I stayed up until 2:15 in the morning Tuesday night playing and played quite a bit yesterday. Maybe because I haven't played a wrestling game in years, but I am having so much with this game just going random exhibition matches.

I am having trouble finishing off people with submissions as well. I forgot about the yellow orb though. I'll make an effort next to me to get that and see if I can finally get a win via submission.

What is the green bar that pops up sometimes with reversals?

Is there a move list anywhere? I feel like I'm missing out on certain moves.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.