Home
PES 2016 News Post

PES 2016 Data Pack 1 is scheduled to arrive on Thursday, October 29. It will include updated team rosters for use in all modes, new face scans, kits and gameplay tweaks. Check out some of the details below.

UPDATE: (10-29) The data pack/roster update is available now, unfortunately it looks like many of the transfers are missing. The PES team is aware of the issue and looking into it. After waiting so long for an updated roster for all modes in the game, it seems PES fans will have to wait even longer. We will update this post if we hear anything else.

Quote:
The update marks the first of many planned additions KONAMI will make to PES 2016 during the course of the year, as it looks to continually enhance the user’s experience. The update file will be automatically downloaded and added to the main game, with all team rosters updated to match with current registered squads. This includes all new signings plus the addition of any youth players that have been allocated shirt numbers. Player forms will also be updated, which will be constantly monitored as part of KONAMI’s ongoing weekly update files, which alter according to the real-life form of players.

KONAMI has also added a number of new kits to the main game, adding further authenticity. All new French Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 kits have been updated and implemented, as have those of the top two Spanish leagues. Additionally, new Serie A Italian kits have been updated, while Dutch sides FC Groningen and FC Utrecht now appear in their officially licensed strips. They are joined by officially licensed representations of key European sides, such as Galatasaray, Panathinaikos and Maccabi Tel Aviv, while the South American team roster has been bolstered with the official kits for Brazil’s Flamengo and Palmeiras as well as Argentinian trio Independiente, Newell’s Old Boys and Vélez Sarsfield. With PES 2016 exclusively boasting the UEFA Champions League and Asian Champions League modes within its options, a number of dedicated kits for these tournaments have also been added.

PES 2016 is highly regarded for its realistic representation of players, with its unique Player ID system ensuring that its many stars not only look like their real-life counterparts, but their abilities and playing styles, too. Over 3,000 players already utilize bespoke stats, and the new update adds an additional 70+ realistically modeled players. The new additions represent a cross section of the world’s best and upcoming players, with the likes of Luuk de Jong, Yevhen Konopolyanka, Jordon Ibe, Danny Ings, Joshua Kimmich, and Burak Yilmaz amongst those benefitting. Each player will boast animations and likenesses that mimic them in every way, and will work within PES 2016’s Team ID system, wherein teams are set up to match the playing style of their club.

Other additions include new boots from the likes of adidas, Mizuno, New Balance, Nike Football and Umbro, as new styles such as the adidas X and Ace are added alongside New Balance’s Furon Pro, Nike’s Mercurial Superfly, and the UX-2 from Umbro. Billboards and stand décor have also been enhanced in line with real world changes. There are also a number of gameplay tweaks added to enhance the user experience following consultation with the vibrant PES 2016 fan base.

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 shifty @ 10/29/15 04:29 AM
how can the roster update be so outdated even when the live updates that they have are correct??

# 22 dubcity @ 10/29/15 04:51 AM
Damnit, Konami. Again with this crap. FFS.

# 23 elja @ 10/29/15 07:06 AM
What the hell are they doing at Konami?

# 24 RoyceDa59 @ 10/29/15 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Damnit, Konami. Again with this crap. FFS.
Are you serious!? They didn't even include deadline day transfers.

# 25 DBMcGee3 @ 10/29/15 09:19 AM
I'm eager to get a few games in and see if they've tweaked the game at all. I really, really enjoy playing PES, always have, but this year in particular it just seems like the scoring is out of control.

I would think that a slight boost to GK ability and a slight bump down on passing and shooting accuracy would do the trick. Right now I have to play 15 minute games or less to get realistic scores, and it just feels too quick for me.

That being said, at least they're trying to update the game. New player likenesses and kits are always welcomed additions.

# 26 Ettnollbajen @ 10/29/15 09:47 AM
I had 3 games left of my third ML season,saved them for the update.
I play on superstar,-2 speed,manual pass/shooting 13 min,with AC Milan on 360

First game coppa Italia vs Juve.
Didn't stand a chance,lost 4-0.
Usually tough games vs them,usually loosing aswell.
Felt that the gameplay was more crisp and fluid.

2nd game vs Vitoria G EL final.
Very nice game indeed,tough against a middle of the pack team.
Very fluid, a bit more pace to the game than before.
Goalkeeping felt sharper,defence tougher to break down
Won 1-0

Last game vs Fiorentina at home.
Won 7-2,yeah SEVEN TWO.
the def didn't stop my running at all,felt that I played on Normal/pro level.
Insane.
Think I have to test a few games in to my 4th season to really make up my mind if the game has improved or got worse.
Freekicks are the same,rarely.

Can't make up my mind if this dlc is good or bad.

# 27 Ettnollbajen @ 10/29/15 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I'm eager to get a few games in and see if they've tweaked the game at all. I really, really enjoy playing PES, always have, but this year in particular it just seems like the scoring is out of control.

I would think that a slight boost to GK ability and a slight bump down on passing and shooting accuracy would do the trick. Right now I have to play 15 minute games or less to get realistic scores, and it just feels too quick for me.

That being said, at least they're trying to update the game. New player likenesses and kits are always welcomed additions.
What game speed do you play on?
I feel that minus one or two does the trick.
Standard speed is way to fast.
Also age feels a bit different if you play with manual passing,a bit tricky at first,but worth the humiliation for a season

# 28 DBMcGee3 @ 10/29/15 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettnollbajen
What game speed do you play on?
I feel that minus one or two does the trick.
Standard speed is way to fast.
Also age feels a bit different if you play with manual passing,a bit tricky at first,but worth the humiliation for a season
I don't really have a problem with the speed of the players, it's just that 15 minutes feels like too quick a game for me. I suppose slowing the players down a touch would theoretically slow the game down as well, but I'm not looking to slow them down more than a hair if anything.

I've tried playing Slow speed on FIFA, which so many people rave about, but it just feels like guys are stuck in the mud in my opinion.

I think with PES there are just too many unsatisfying goals scored because the shooting accuracy is so high and the GKs aren't all that great. Still love the game though, just hoping for tweaks.

# 29 Ettnollbajen @ 10/29/15 10:44 AM
Quote:
I don't really have a problem with the speed of the players, it's just that 15 minutes feels like too quick a game for me. I suppose slowing the players down a touch would theoretically slow the game down as well, but I'm not looking to slow them down more than a hair if anything.

I've tried playing Slow speed on FIFA, which so many people rave about, but it just feels like guys are stuck in the mud in my opinion.

I think with PES there are just too many unsatisfying goals scored because the shooting accuracy is so high and the GKs aren't all that great. Still love the game though, just hoping for tweaks.
Yeah,I played longer games,when I played FIFA before.
One good thing(the only?) with EA,is their Tuner sets on NHL,fine tuning every now and then without big DL.
Think we're stuck with the game play that exists now on Pes.
But at the end of the day,rather play Pes than FIFA

# 30 DBMcGee3 @ 10/29/15 11:09 AM
Quote:
Yeah,I played longer games,when I played FIFA before.
One good thing(the only?) with EA,is their Tuner sets on NHL,fine tuning every now and then without big DL.
Think we're stuck with the game play that exists now on Pes.
But at the end of the day,rather play Pes than FIFA
I like both games quite a bit actually. FIFA plays a bit more realistically in regards to pace and scoring, but it's just not always as smooth or fun as PES. My biggest FIFA gripe is that there's such a huge leap between difficulty levels. Seems crazy to me that I win every game on pro by 3 or 4 goals and lose every game on World Class by 3 or 4 goals. I hate online play and FUT, so I just want a reasonable CPU difficulty that doesn't leave me messing with sliders constantly.

PES is great for offline play because the teams play more like themselves and I don't feel cheated so often on goals by the CPU. But again, when I'm seeing 5 or 6 goals in 15 minutes, it just doesn't feel much like a simulation to me, but rather a drag race.

# 31 SOM3ROiD @ 10/29/15 11:20 AM
Too bad Konami can't get things right.. the hype was on their side, all the review scores and everything, and they failed where they never should have - with the community. They totally pissed in our faces with this late roster update, and now after the long wait, we have to wait a bit longer, for the complete roster.
This is 2015 year we are talking about.
Just take a look at the NBA 2K16, almost daily Roster updates, just a push on a button away..

# 32 Ettnollbajen @ 10/29/15 11:33 AM
Quote:
I like both games quite a bit actually. FIFA plays a bit more realistically in regards to pace and scoring, but it's just not always as smooth or fun as PES. My biggest FIFA gripe is that there's such a huge leap between difficulty levels. Seems crazy to me that I win every game on pro by 3 or 4 goals and lose every game on World Class by 3 or 4 goals. I hate online play and FUT, so I just want a reasonable CPU difficulty that doesn't leave me messing with sliders constantly.

PES is great for offline play because the teams play more like themselves and I don't feel cheated so often on goals by the CPU. But again, when I'm seeing 5 or 6 goals in 15 minutes, it just doesn't feel much like a simulation to me, but rather a drag race.
I enjoyed FIFA 15,my last Pes game before going to FIFA were 2013.
But after having a few seasons on FIFA 15,I felt nothing playing it.
Think the ai were horrible,and being an offline guy,the player career mode crap.
Actually tried to play it the other day.
Absolute crap,after playing Pes 2016 for a month.
But FIFA 16 is a bit different?
Slower and being able to defend,which was horrible in 15,especially if you played tactical def.
But I'm gonna give it a go.
Switching to ps4 in a few days,and it's included there.
My main concern playing Pes right now (played it on PC before) is the lack of stadiums.
If Konami doesn't wanna create more stadiums,why not go back to stadium creator,or being able to import.

# 33 DBMcGee3 @ 10/29/15 11:46 AM
Quote:
I enjoyed FIFA 15,my last Pes game before going to FIFA were 2013.
But after having a few seasons on FIFA 15,I felt nothing playing it.
Think the ai were horrible,and being an offline guy,the player career mode crap.
Actually tried to play it the other day.
Absolute crap,after playing Pes 2016 for a month.
But FIFA 16 is a bit different?
Slower and being able to defend,which was horrible in 15,especially if you played tactical def.
But I'm gonna give it a go.
Switching to ps4 in a few days,and it's included there.
My main concern playing Pes right now (played it on PC before) is the lack of stadiums.
If Konami doesn't wanna create more stadiums,why not go back to stadium creator,or being able to import.
Yeah, FIFA 16 is a marked improvement from 15 in my opinion. The weight and pace of the players is more realistic, the CPU passes a lot more, including lobs and plays back to the GK, and the defensive AI has been improved as well, although both games still have room for improvement in that area. I find the physical side of FIFA to be more impressive than PES as well. The fouls feel right for the most part, although sometimes they can seem ticky tack in the box, and you actually see red and yellow cards frequently.

I love having both games. I play one for a few weeks and then switch over, and because they're so different from one another I don't really get tired of either that way.

# 34 tzinc @ 10/29/15 01:24 PM
I made the move to PES this year.
Problems with FIFA
1) you don't really play defense
2) pre-set patterns to success
3) all teams and players are the same
4) very hard to win even at the lowest levels and online compared to previous years I like to have an easy time then build up difficulty as I go
5) out of 100s of packs maybe 1000s I have opened over the years NOT once did I get a top rated player ever lol plus all the fiddling they did to FUT ugh - warming up to myclub it is different but more fun in some ways
6) grinding tedium not very much like football at all - same things over and over pass back to GK he kicks it out yawn

Yes PES has issues but you can make the transfers yourself right? You can import the missing stuff no? (Just missing a stadium importer/creator.)

I will take PES and it's issues over FIFA this year's version was literally unplayable for me. For me it is GAMEPLAY that counts most.

# 35 wkhalil @ 10/29/15 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzinc
I made the move to PES this year.
Problems with FIFA
1) you don't really play defense
2) pre-set patterns to success
3) all teams and players are the same
4) very hard to win even at the lowest levels and online compared to previous years I like to have an easy time then build up difficulty as I go
5) out of 100s of packs maybe 1000s I have opened over the years NOT once did I get a top rated player ever lol plus all the fiddling they did to FUT ugh - warming up to myclub it is different but more fun in some ways
6) grinding tedium not very much like football at all - same things over and over pass back to GK he kicks it out yawn

Yes PES has issues but you can make the transfers yourself right? You can import the missing stuff no? (Just missing a stadium importer/creator.)

I will take PES and it's issues over FIFA this year's version was literally unplayable for me. For me it is GAMEPLAY that counts most.

Agree, PES has issues but to me it is a very good game at the core.

# 36 Drag66 @ 10/29/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
My biggest FIFA gripe is that there's such a huge leap between difficulty levels. Seems crazy to me that I win every game on pro by 3 or 4 goals and lose every game on World Class by 3 or 4 goals. I hate online play and FUT, so I just want a reasonable CPU difficulty that doesn't leave me messing with sliders constantly.
I've always been a huge fan of PES, but I really like FIFA 16 this year too. But you have hit the nail on the head. There is too much of a difficulty gap between Pro and World Class in FIFA 16. Pro is far too easy and World Class is a bit too tough (I simply cant score much at all). This has caused me to stop playing FIFA 16 for a awhile and soley play PES. I simply can't find a happy medium with sliders (and I hate messing with sliders anyway). PES's Professional level is perfect for me as I have terrific game variety.

# 37 El Niche @ 10/29/15 01:55 PM
So they didnt address the fouls? Keepers a better in the patch? variety of shots from the AI?

Drag66, I found FIFA's Top PLayer to be terrible, I was scared to move it up to Legendary and I did, the difficulty is not impossible and its a bit better to play. Event ho you said you dont like sliders, check out the community ones here at OS. Tweak them to your advantage until you find a sweet spot.

# 38 buckeyezombie @ 10/29/15 01:57 PM
My keeper has definitely improved. He made 2 saves that they never would have saved before.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 39 DBMcGee3 @ 10/29/15 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag66
I've always been a huge fan of PES, but I really like FIFA 16 this year too. But you have hit the nail on the head. There is too much of a difficulty gap between Pro and World Class in FIFA 16. Pro is far too easy and World Class is a bit too tough (I simply cant score much at all). This has caused me to stop playing FIFA 16 for a awhile and soley play PES. I simply can't find a happy medium with sliders (and I hate messing with sliders anyway). PES's Professional level is perfect for me as I have terrific game variety.
Sounds like we're in about the same place with both games. I can score against World Class, but I can't keep them from banging in volleys from everywhere, and like you, I HATE messing with sliders because I don't find the game as rewarding if I know that I've handicapped the CPU.

PES has too much scoring, but at least I win some games and lose some (on Professional), and never really feel like the CPU stole a goal or a game from me.

Ideally I'd like more time to practice and get better, so that the higher difficulties aren't so frustrating, but I'm lucky to get in a few hours a week with my PS4. Getting old sucks.

# 40 RonMexico1992 @ 10/29/15 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
I thought it said it downloads automatically though?

Wow, what a bummer.
You have to go to online settings and change it to do not connect automatically.

I'm not connected.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.