Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

A new patch for the PC version of NBA 2K16 is available now. Check out the details below.

GENERAL
  • Support added for custom keyboard configurations.
  • Optimization improvements that increase performance across all configurations.
  • Addressed an issue where some users would notice commentary cutting out during gameplay.
  • Resolved frame rate stuttering at start of games/between quarters on moderate to high-end systems.
  • Addressed an issue where some users would see a black screen in the Edit Arena and Edit Uniform menus when ‘Special Effects’ was turned off.
  • New Video Settings option ‘Media People Detail Level’ added; reducing this will help performance on low-end and mid-range graphics cards.
  • Corrected missing/incorrect player icons when using a non-Xbox 360 controller.
  • Fixed a rare hang that could occur when attempting to fast-forward 2KTV.
  • Fixed a rare driver crash on DirectX 10.0 and DirectX 10.1 graphics cards.
  • Help text added to Video Settings menu.
  • Additional detail setting now available for Shader Detail in the Video Settings menu.
  • Fixed super sampling not working when Letterbox (formerly called Aspect Ratio Correction) was disabled.
  • The following Video Settings options should now provide the expected results when modified: Color Correction, Depth of Field, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, and Volumetric Effects.
  • Resolved a rare case where the game would hang when entering/exiting the Tattoo editor when customizing the tattoos on your MyPLAYER.
  • Addressed an issue on the main menu where the title would freeze for a period of time before proceeding to the selected action (e.g. loading a MyCAREER save).
  • Players will no longer slide/skate when pressing the block button during an inbound state. It was funny while it lasted.
  • Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters.
  • Resolved a case where certain players (e.g. Kristaps Porzingis) would have their hairstyle change slightly when zooming in the camera very close in replay.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Pro-Am Team Play has been added to the game! You can now play as a full team in your custom-built arenas.
  • Addressed a number of matchmaking issues that inhibited users from playing in Pro-Am Walk-On games.
  • Fixed an issue where your player would sometimes appear with the incorrect height (if you had more than one MyCAREER save file) when entering MyPARK/Pro-Am from within MyCAREER.
  • Fixed a rare case where the ball would get stuck in the High Roller courts, thus preventing a game from concluding.
  • Improved the animation of the skateboard in MyPARK. If you don’t have this, get it. You can move between courts faster than those that are on-foot!
  • 2K Beats will now continue to play after finishing a game in MyPARK.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join their friends’ MyCOURTs.
  • Fixed an issue where the host user was unable to send MyCOURT invites after leaving MyPARK/Pro-Am with a squad.
  • Addressed a number of issues with Accolades not unlocking at the appropriate time within MyCAREER.
  • Pressing the back button will no longer cause the game to hang from the MyCAREER NEXT menu after being eliminated from the playoffs.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
  • Numerous tuning and code enhancements to improve simulated player stats.
  • Playoff games (within a series) can no longer be played out of order in MyLEAGUE Online.
  • Found and fixed a case where visiting certain submenus with no head coach would cause the game to hang.
  • Fans of relocated/rebranded teams will no longer hold up signs referencing the previous identity of the team.
  • Fixed a rare hang that could occur when the ticker referenced a previous game result where all of the players on the team have since been traded.
  • Selecting to load a custom draft class will no longer cause a game hang in the MyGM offseason if you had previously been fired during that same offseason.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Vroman @ 11/04/15 01:50 PM
Solution posted by QNO in steam forums:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/370240...5103620433408/

Works fine to me now.

# 102 8KB24 @ 11/04/15 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Solution posted by QNO in steam forums:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/370240...5103620433408/

Works fine to me now.
Was just about to post this.

Thanks to the random dude on steam forums

# 103 QNo @ 11/04/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Was just about to post this.

Thanks to the random dude on steam forums
You're welcome

The game works smooth offline now post-patch, but online is still unbearable. I'm playing on 1280*800, all settings off/low. My specs aren't the greatest, i7-2720QM (2.2Ghz), ATI Radeon 6750 HD (1gb, overclocked), 8gb RAM, SSD drive. I was hoping this would be enough to run it at 60FPS online since it wax exceeds the minimum specs, but I guess not.

2k16 is mostly a card collecting game for me since I don't enjoy playing the CPU too much. Play online now and MyTeam RTTP are very laggy online, to the point that it leaves me with no chance of beating very good players. I can still beat average players but it's not even enjoyable. Every online game causes me to get incredibly frustrated, including against terrible players that I blow out by 20+. I can't make simple decisions such as whether a passing lane is open or not because even if it looks open it often isn't due to the lag. Once I've collected Amethyst Sampson in MT I'll probably stop playing 2k16 for good, unless performance gets fixed.

Even if online was smooth there's still the issue with games often being cancelled as soon as someone hits the pause button. People can also force games to not count relatively simple in the sub screen, a leftover from 2k15. No CE or anything external needed.

# 104 vtdgeca @ 11/04/15 04:39 PM
Im seeing some ugly clipping on the back of the player jerseyes, 2k cam. Started happening after the patch. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

# 105 Kully @ 11/05/15 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilonv1
Is there a way we can tone down the menu graphics? My GPU runs hotter in menus searching the Auction house than it does during a game
Agree here. In the menu and in the character creation screen my GPU fans go nuts.

# 106 ©roke @ 11/05/15 11:46 AM
I can't connect to the servers right now. I just got 2 different errors: 4b538e50 and efeab30c. This game surprises me with some new bull**** everyday

# 107 ponard @ 11/10/15 04:21 AM
I'm probably in the minority but since the last patch the game has been great for me. I've been to able to turn the crowd back on (low), up the players to high, turn special features on, player icons are back, replays shows real highlights not some random inbound pass or end game high fives, while retaining 60fps on 1280x720.

Although, announcers still randomly gets cut off.
Also, a major game breaker for me is sometimes my scoreboard went missing which is annoying as you cant see the time left and for a strange reason when this happens I can't call a timeout.

My PC specs (not that great):
Athlon x3 440
6Gb ram
GTX750 (non-TI)
no SSD

# 108 ©roke @ 11/13/15 05:46 AM
No new patch for pc is a joke. I still can't play Pro-am and audio disappears but PS4 and X-One will receive a new patch...

Don't tell me my version of the game is going to be the same as next gen consoles because it's not

# 109 joosegoose @ 11/13/15 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ©roke
No new patch for pc is a joke. I still can't play Pro-am and audio disappears but PS4 and X-One will receive a new patch...

Don't tell me my version of the game is going to be the same as next gen consoles because it's not
What are you talking about? We received that patch a week and a half ago. We got it late for sure, but it's no longer a current concern.

# 110 ©roke @ 11/13/15 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
What are you talking about? We received that patch a week and a half ago. We got it late for sure, but it's no longer a current concern.
I know we got that patch. And I know that it didn't fix audio nor Pro-am. I can't even watch the last 2k tv. It plays for 5-10 seconds and it kicks me out to the menu.

And I'm talking about PS4 and Xbox One receiving another patch (1.03) and PC being stuck. I guess I can't complain, one more time...

# 111 Mickeyknoxx @ 11/13/15 12:58 PM
Yes. I really would like to know if the pc will receive this patch.

# 112 AJ21476 @ 11/13/15 01:39 PM
I am having an issue where in myGM (Im the Knicks) on the road against the Bucks the court loads in all black. Its my fifth game of the season and it happens everytime I try to play that game. It worked fine until this point. Now it just loads an all black court.

EDIT: Nevermind...Found a fix for me...It was because my 3d settings were turned on in NVIDIA...Turned off the 3d and poof...Problem solved...

# 113 Walt Frazier @ 11/13/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Today's big console patch is 'the' gameplay patch....PC has not recieved it yet. The one last week was not 'the' gameplay patch.

Guessing PC gets it after the Xbone...

I have the PS4 and PC versions of the game. Today's big PS4 patch is completely new and adds tons of gameplay specific stuff.

# 114 Goffs @ 11/13/15 02:12 PM
I doubt we will be waiting long for the patch. There's no way xbone gets it before the PC version.

# 115 23 @ 11/14/15 12:31 AM
I got a windows 10 update and it stopped all of the jumpy picture in the game. Now i can play again. That plua the audio glitching freezing frames were a game killer

# 116 Vroman @ 11/14/15 02:38 AM
I hope they will actually fix commentary this time.

Gameplay changes looks too good so far, can't wait.

# 117 LeonLeroy @ 11/14/15 10:34 PM
Does anyone have any tricks to slow the pace down of the game--mostly just the ai fast breaks.

I've tweaked all the coach sliders and the offense sliders. The AI is constantly bombing passes down the court regardless if my D is down there or not. It's obnoxious.

I've looked around in the console threads, too. I run all 30 teams in my league so I can adjust each team accordingly---and even the bobcats are playing at a breakneck pace regardless of what I do to the sliders.

# 118 Goffs @ 11/14/15 11:42 PM
Patch 3 actually fixes the cpu play style. I have the ps4 version and it plays much better.

# 119 LeonLeroy @ 11/15/15 12:07 AM
Everytime I get a decent ways through my franchise I basically have to start over so I can either use the roster updates or readjust for a patch...something I don't mind doing for better gameplay--but I've had the game for almost two months and I feel like I am spinning my wheels.

It would be great to have the option to update your My League Franchise roster with the current 2k updates as the season progresses.

I would also be great to be able to program hot buttons to switch camera angles in-game. I like the 2k/Drive style angles but I would use a few of the others if they autoflipped. I can't stand playing from the broadcast views and I don't like playing D from behind the hoop.

Why doesn't PC have a sliders or custom roster thread?

# 120 Kully @ 11/15/15 03:49 AM
Do we have any sort of ETA of when patch 3 will hit PC? The MyLeague changes sound great.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.