Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, check out the details in the screenshot above (click the image for a higher resolution).

If any other details are revealed, we will update this post. Let us know what you are seeing!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Find_the_Door @ 11/04/15 06:26 AM
So frustrating listening to overall talk... list individual ratings that need changed with basis behind why they need changed - getting sick of hearing about cumulative ratings that have no impact whatsoever.

# 42 Xavstuhr @ 11/04/15 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
It doesn't matter if he keeps it up or not. That's why it's called a "roster update". Meaning if he doesn't keep it up, then it goes back down on the next "roster update". Real simple concept. If u compare his current numbers to anyone in history for a reference, then that's clearly a rating above 93 obviously.
Sure you can see it that way. But take for example Lyn's performance with the Knicks. You start your franchise a week into the season and Lyn has the best numbers and best rating overall. Now if reallife Lyn starts declining very quickly and goes back to being mediocre you have your whole franchise experience with a Lyn that is drastically overrated and thus not really realistic.

That's why I prefer the ratings to be more foreseeing than just his impact his last week.

# 43 NFLfan80 @ 11/04/15 08:58 AM
Quick question. I started a franchise with the Warriors with the roster that had bogut out day to day with a concussion. But I turned off injuries which turned off injuries with roster. But now I can't put bogut in the starting line up? I see him on my roster but when I start a game and go to the set up screen he isn't there?

# 44 ffaacc03 @ 11/04/15 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLfan80
Quick question. I started a franchise with the Warriors with the roster that had bogut out day to day with a concussion. But I turned off injuries which turned off injuries with roster. But now I can't put bogut in the starting line up? I see him on my roster but when I start a game and go to the set up screen he isn't there?
You have to arrange the lineups before the game, you go to the team, look for the lineups/minutes screen and move Bogut up into the starting lineup and assign him minutes, whoever are on the last 2 spots cant be seen while in game.

# 45 NFLfan80 @ 11/04/15 10:11 AM
Thanks I'll give that a shot. I find this years menu to be confusing for some features. I couldn't find that screen in my franchise mode

# 46 JazzMan @ 11/04/15 10:24 AM
The thing is that people can do what Curry is doing on the game. What does he need a boost in? Defense? Because that's the only thing that could use a boost, and he's not defending at an elite level anyway.

# 47 GuwopGeezus @ 11/04/15 10:55 AM
People getting caught up with Curry not going up and Kobe and Rose going down. These ratings are independent of each other, it's not about acknowledging hot/cold streaks but making sure the ratings are accurate. Bottom line is Curry shouldn't go up because his ratings in the game reflect what he's capable of in real life. Kobe and Rose's ratings needed to come down because they are not the players they once were right now and 2k is just seeing that their day 1 ratings were overestimated. Plus Kobe and Rose's ratings were harder to predict because of injuries so it was more likely theirs would change soon anyway.

# 48 jeebs9 @ 11/04/15 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
Wrong. The rating's does reflect hot/cold players obviously. There's a reason why 2k Is doing daily updates and will continue to do so. Kobe and Rose rating's went down because of their recent performance. And Curry just got a slight boost to 94, and rightfully so.
That's because they are F's... lol.... A contest shot is a contested shot.

# 49 Mikelopedia @ 11/04/15 01:00 PM
I wish I wouldn't take the bait, but I can't help it

So Curry's overall 93 ... wait as I type this I notice he's been bumped to a 94. HAPPY DC?!?!

Anyway let's examine...

90 Standing Close
92 Moving Close
88 Standing Medium
89 Moving Medium
95 Standing 3
95 Moving 3
98 Shot IQ
91 Free Throw
97 Standing Layup
95 Driving Layup
36 Driving Dunk
25 Standing Dunk
25 Contact Dunk

As you can see (and I'm sure many overall obsessors don't make it this far) he's already one of if not the greatest shooter of all time (which he very well might be). You're listing his stats saying he's shooting 50% averaging 38 a game. (He's actually averaging 37 shooting 59% but who's counting? Not you) Well he has no problem shooting over 50% with these ratings in MyLeague/MyGM and ppg are more driven by tendencies than ratings. So what do you see here that needs to be raised? Yeah lets hike that dunk rating up if it'll get us to 95 overall!

97 Ball Control
98 Pass Accuracy
89 Passing Vision
97 Passing IQ

Handles are fine. But I would argue he's really overrated in his passing ratings, specifically his passing vision. Do you really think he's one of the greatest passers of all time?

Steph has been at about 39% assist percentage for the last 3 years including this season. I know how low his turnovers are, that's what Ball Control, Passing IQ and Accuracy are for.

I would argue that passing ratings across the board are a tad inflated, (03 Chauncey Billups is apparently almost John Stockton as well) but Steph is up there with Magic according to this. Magic was 49% in '90-'91.

In 2k's rating scale, there's a ton of separation between average passers and good passers, but not much at all between good and great passers. So Curry's ratings more a reflection of the top-squished scale.

36 Offensive Reb
53 Defensive Reb
64 Box Out

O and D are good, his rebounding percentage is about where it was last year.
Boxing Out is definitely inflated across the board, that's why Anthony Davis is always top 3 in rebounding in your MyLeagues despite not having as good Off and Def Reb ratings as others.

84 On Ball Defense
30 Post Defense
86 Pick and Roll Defensive IQ
84 Help Defense
95 Pass Perception
85 Steal
37 Block
79 Shot Contest

His D ratings aren't egregious, in fact you could argue they are good, definitely don't warrant any upgrade however. You praised his 2.5 steals, he's at 85 so this could maybe get a bump BUT NOT AFTER 4 GAMES.

I'm not going to touch on his physicals as these are fine.

So in summary, if we're being honest, anything short of maxing his shootings ratings out to 99, (which is what I'm sure you want) his overall isn't going way up if his passing ratings are corrected.

The moral of the story is, Steph Curry is possibly the greatest shooter of all time, but he's NOT one of the great defenders of all time nor is he the greatest passer of all time so as a PG, he will not have one of the greatest OVERALL ratings of all time.

I wish tendencies got the same attention ratings do. But this is a result of the focus being online gaming.

# 50 eko718 @ 11/04/15 01:09 PM
Curry was rated generously already out of the box in several areas. I hate these cosmetic overall adjustments that 2K engages in.

# 51 Yuss @ 11/04/15 02:25 PM
Curry got upgraded +1 (94 ovr)

+3 Standing Close
+4 standing mid range
+3 moving close
+3 moving mid range
+3 Speed
+7 Strength

# 52 roadman @ 11/04/15 03:12 PM
I only hope your vigor is just as telling when Curry comes down back down to Earth and his ratings go down a notch or two.

And congrats to the Greek Freak, you are now a 80

# 53 jeebs9 @ 11/04/15 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia

So Curry's overall 93 ... wait as I type this I notice he's been bumped to a 94. HAPPY DC?!?!

Anyway let's examine...

90 Standing Close
92 Moving Close
88 Standing Medium
89 Moving Medium
95 Standing 3
95 Moving 3
98 Shot IQ
91 Free Throw
97 Standing Layup
95 Driving Layup
36 Driving Dunk
25 Standing Dunk
25 Contact Dunk

As you can see (and I'm sure many overall obsessors don't make it this far) he's already one of if not the greatest shooter of all time (which he very well might be). You're listing his stats saying he's shooting 50% averaging 38 a game. (He's actually averaging 37 shooting 59% but who's counting? Not you) Well he has no problem shooting over 50% with these ratings in MyLeague/MyGM and ppg are more driven by tendencies than ratings. So what do you see here that needs to be raised? Yeah lets hike that dunk rating up if it'll get us to 95 overall!

97 Ball Control
98 Pass Accuracy
89 Passing Vision
97 Passing IQ

Handles are fine. But I would argue he's really overrated in his passing ratings, specifically his passing vision. Do you really think he's one of the greatest passers of all time?

Steph has been at about 39% assist percentage for the last 3 years including this season. I know how low his turnovers are, that's what Ball Control, Passing IQ and Accuracy are for.

I would argue that passing ratings across the board are a tad inflated, (03 Chauncey Billups is apparently almost John Stockton as well) but Steph is up there with Magic according to this. Magic was 49% in '90-'91.

In 2k's rating scale, there's a ton of separation between average passers and good passers, but not much at all between good and great passers. So Curry's ratings more a reflection of the top-squished scale.

36 Offensive Reb
53 Defensive Reb
64 Box Out

Boxing Out is definitely inflated across the board, that's why Anthony Davis is always top 3 in rebounding in your MyLeagues despite not having as good Off and Def Reb ratings as others.

84 On Ball Defense
30 Post Defense
84 Help Defense
95 Pass Perception
85 Steal
37 Block
79 Shot Contest

His D ratings aren't egregious, in fact you could argue they are good, definitely don't warrant any upgrade however. You praised his 2.5 steals, he's at 85 so this could maybe get a bump BUT NOT AFTER 4 GAMES.

So in summary, if we're being honest, anything short of maxing his shootings ratings out to 99, (which is what I'm sure you want) his overall isn't going way up if his passing ratings are corrected.

The moral of the story is, Steph Curry is possibly the greatest shooter of all time, but he's NOT one of the great defenders of all time nor is he the greatest passer of all time so as a PG, he will not have one of the greatest OVERALL ratings of all time.

I wish tendencies got the same attention ratings do. But this is a result of the focus being online gaming.
Rashidi?....... When did you change your screen name?

# 54 E The Rhymer @ 11/04/15 03:32 PM
Quote:

Anyway let's examine...

90 Standing Close
92 Moving Close
88 Standing Medium
89 Moving Medium
95 Standing 3
95 Moving 3
98 Shot IQ
91 Free Throw
97 Standing Layup
95 Driving Layup
36 Driving Dunk
25 Standing Dunk
25 Contact Dunk

97 Ball Control
98 Pass Accuracy
89 Passing Vision
97 Passing IQ

36 Offensive Reb
53 Defensive Reb
64 Box Out

84 On Ball Defense
30 Post Defense
84 Help Defense
95 Pass Perception
85 Steal
37 Block
79 Shot Contest

Jordan isn't one of th best shooters of all time (3pt atleSt but his rating for that are through the rough so are some of Lebrons stats to get there ovr up point is 2k makes rating that aren't realistic so please PPl with the ovr on some players

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

# 55 Crystar500 @ 11/04/15 03:35 PM
I'm waiting for more games in the season to go on before I question who they lower or raise. Interested to see what they do to the Knicks if they manage to win some more games. Their schedule gets a bit tougher after that Laker game on Sunday.

# 56 jeebs9 @ 11/04/15 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystar500
I'm waiting for more games in the season to go on before I question who they lower or raise. Interested to see what they do to the Knicks if they manage to win some more games. Their schedule gets a bit tougher after that Laker game on Sunday.
Another update...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...11-4-15-a.html

# 57 Crystar500 @ 11/04/15 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

Didn't see that. Thanks.

# 58 Mikelopedia @ 11/04/15 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Rashidi?....... When did you change your screen name?
Lmao I know you're just playing jeebs but what does that say about the community when it seems like only one person makes detailed statistically backed analysis, and if it's someone else it must be that individual incognito lol jk

But thank you for the compliment lol

# 59 jeebs9 @ 11/04/15 03:56 PM
Quote:
Lmao I know you're just playing jeebs but what does that say about the community when it seems like only one person makes detailed statistically backed analysis, and if it's someone else it must be that individual incognito lol jk

But thank you for the compliment lol
Hahaha Totally agree with you....

By the way... Where is that stat referencing hard head? Rashidi.... are you out there? How do you feel about Curry? He's not banned I hope.

# 60 Crystar500 @ 11/04/15 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuit
What you mean lol its been tough from game 1 all playoff teams from a year ago so far. only team will be the Lakers Sunday that didn't make the playoffs

15 of their first 17 games are against playoff teams from last year. (those team LAL, ORL)

Well I mean tougher than it already is, lol. They gotta face a lot of Western teams in that stretch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.