Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 title update #3 is available now for PC users. Check out the details below.

The update is scheduled to arrive later for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but an exact release date was not specified.

New Content
  • Star heads for some players, many of which are from the newly promoted Barclays Premier League teams this season.
  • New third kits have been added for Roma, Barcelona, and Inter Milan.
This update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items identified by the community and the FIFA Live Service team:
  • Improvements to online matchmaking.
  • One instance of a team celebrating a goal at the wrong moment.
  • An exploit to win/loss record in FIFA Online Seasons.
  • Correct country flags appearing in FIFA Pro Clubs.
  • One instance of Pro Club accomplishments resetting for a small number of users.
  • An issue on PS4 that caused screen size changes to not save correctly.
In addition to the above, the update addresses the following in FIFA Ultimate Team:
  • Updated the default value assigned to the Buy Now option to the max value when listing an item for sale on the Transfer Market.
  • Improvements to Compare Price when used on consumable items.
  • Issue where your Goalkeeper was the default selection for all Player Roles.
  • An issue in settings where the image of the ball didn’t match the selected ball.
  • An issue that caused a shared Concept Squad to be displayed as a playable squad in the EA Sports Football Club news feed.
  • An issue with the use of historical kits by your opponent in Play a Friend’s Squad.
Source - EA Forums

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kamackeris76 @ 11/05/15 07:39 PM
any gameplay changes then??

# 2 JayD @ 11/05/15 07:42 PM
Oh look, career mode gets kicked to the curb again. Did we expect anything different?

# 3 ~LiverpoolRed~ @ 11/05/15 07:52 PM
I hope the premier league winter ball is added.

# 4 talucchesi @ 11/05/15 08:42 PM
Wish they would fix the tactics and player instructions at least a little bit

# 5 JHedges2 @ 11/05/15 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I hope the premier league winter ball is added.
THIS!!!!!! That winter ball is too tight.

# 6 Matt10 @ 11/05/15 11:00 PM
I'm downloading the update now, we'll see.

# 7 PPerfect_CJ @ 11/05/15 11:13 PM
I'm on PS4 and I swear they've done something to this game in the last week. It's playing completely different for me. The ball bounces all over the place and it's like I have no control over the players. They run around the pitch like they're drunk or something. I like that it's more difficult, but it's more difficult for the WRONG REASONS. The game is cheating for the CPU more than usual. Anyone else notice a difference or am I going bonkers?

# 8 godquality01 @ 11/06/15 12:38 AM
And career mode? So this is how it feels to be a minority? EA should probably change the name of the game title to Fifa 16 online.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

# 9 DBMcGee3 @ 11/06/15 09:19 AM
Such a bummer when you see the headline about a new patch, and then you read through the notes and don't recognize any of the issues they're fixing.

I'm intrigued about the new player heads though, hopefully Martial got the nod. And can we ever get that god awful David Silva head updated?

# 10 Moose Factory @ 11/06/15 12:45 PM
Hoping Memphis Depay got a head scan too... even though his form has dipped

# 11 dubcity @ 11/06/15 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Such a bummer when you see the headline about a new patch, and then you read through the notes and don't recognize any of the issues they're fixing.

I'm intrigued about the new player heads though, hopefully Martial got the nod. And can we ever get that god awful David Silva head updated?

Yeah. UT/online BS gets 99% of the post-release attention from EA. After all, they already have their $60 from offline players, so no need to improve their gameplay experience. FUTers addicts still have cash to hand over for packs and points.

# 12 KG @ 11/06/15 09:19 PM
People are actually surprised that EA would do the unthinkable and cater to the folks that make up the majority of their consumer base in a time where online gaming is king? Not too mention the team that works on FUT is DIFFERENT than the team that works on Career Mode.

Konami does the exact the same thing. Load up PES and the bulk of the patch notes are comprised of fixing an issue with MyClub.

These "Ultimate Team" players and their cash transactions are indirectly helping us all out when it comes to purchasing licenses and expanding the game.

# 13 PPerfect_CJ @ 11/07/15 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
People are actually surprised that EA would do the unthinkable and cater to the folks that make up the majority of their consumer base in a time where online gaming is king? Not too mention the team that works on FUT is DIFFERENT than the team that works on Career Mode.

Konami does the exact the same thing. Load up PES and the bulk of the patch notes are comprised of fixing an issue with MyClub.

These "Ultimate Team" players and their cash transactions are indirectly helping us all out when it comes to purchasing licenses and expanding the game.
Sounds like we struck a nerve. Have fun with your Pokemon cards.

# 14 KG @ 11/07/15 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Sounds like we struck a nerve. Have fun with your Pokemon cards.

Not at all. Anyone that knows me on here knows I'm a diehard CM guy. You can tell that from my reviews, articles, posts, dynasty forum threads, etc...

I'm just not blind to the fact that FUT moves units (it has doubled the amount of FIFA players since 09) which has a trickle down effect on other areas. I also know that FUT has more bugs than CM, hence the majority of the patches focusing on online issues.

Besides, FIFA rarely patches in new features for CM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 15 dubcity @ 11/07/15 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Not too mention the team that works on FUT is DIFFERENT than the team that works on Career Mode.

I hear that over and over. My question is, what is the "career mode team" doing post-release? People complain about the same CM bugs year after year, and they are largely ignored. And I have a hard time believing they are working on FIFA 17's career mode.

Also, regarding UT's financial success helping with licenses and offline elements, I really don't see it. It's not like pre-UT FIFA games didn't have pretty much every major league licensed.

And I would actually argue that pure gameplay elements have taken a severe backseat since UT took over. People are lucky sliders were introduced before UT truly exploded, because I guarantee they wouldn't have been added otherwise.

# 16 PPerfect_CJ @ 11/07/15 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Not at all. Anyone that knows me on here knows I'm a diehard CM guy. You can tell that from my reviews, articles, posts, dynasty forum threads, etc...

I'm just not blind to the fact that FUT moves units (it has doubled the amount of FIFA players since 09) which has a trickle down effect on other areas. I also know that FUT has more bugs than CM, hence the majority of the patches focusing on online issues.

Besides, FIFA rarely patches in new features for CM.

Well, then being diehard CM guys, we should have a serious problem with this. They need to take some of that FUT income and invest it into other areas of the game. Until they actually do this, I will continue to hate on Ultimate Team.

# 17 KG @ 11/07/15 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I hear that over and over. My question is, what is the "career mode team" doing post-release? People complain about the same CM bugs year after year, and they are largely ignored. And I have a hard time believing they are working on FIFA 17's career mode.

Also, regarding UT's financial success helping with licenses and offline elements, I really don't see it. It's not like pre-UT FIFA games didn't have pretty much every major league licensed.

And I would actually argue that pure gameplay elements have taken a severe backseat since UT took over. People are lucky sliders were introduced before UT truly exploded, because I guarantee they wouldn't have been added otherwise.

You don't think any of that FUT money didn't help fund:

23 fully licensed BPL Stadiums
Sky Sports licensed presentation
Bundesliga licensed Presentation
Full Serie A (was only partially licensed in the past)
Addition of Brazilian clubs
Full Turkish License (FIFA 15)
Chilean League
Chinese League (FIFA 15)
Ukrainian Super League
Women's National Team
Colombian League
Saudi League (13)

That's just going back to '13. I'm sure the Art team has reaped the rewards.

There aren't many "bugs" in Career Mode in the true sense of the word bug. I agree that Career Mode lags behind 2K, The Show, and even Madden but to expect them to patch in something like Reserve Matches for FIFA 16 is about as hopeful as my Chelsea finishing top of the table.

# 18 jvalverde88 @ 11/07/15 06:39 PM
I honestly don't know what people expected from this update was mainly for the newly promoted EPL team's to get their face scans. Its the same type of patch they released last year, besides the gameplay patch will probably come out in December/January.

# 19 Gnemi @ 11/08/15 03:08 PM
I just want a patch that makes it so that there's too infrequently a distinction in quality between a club like Colchester United and Arsenal. Like, hey EA Sports? There is a reason Marvin Sordell is not playing top flight football anymore. He's not that good.

# 20 finn712 @ 11/08/15 08:00 PM
Can anyone confirm if Depay got a head scan in this patch?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.