Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 patch #3 is available now for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 2.4GB. It typically takes a while for the Xbox One patch to get approved, but when it does, we will update this post.

Check out the patch notes below.

GENERAL
  • Added support to view the uniform your opponent selects prior to starting a Play Now Online game.
  • Flip Saunders patch added to Minnesota Timberwolves uniforms.
  • A number of accuracy-based improvements have been made to classic team uniforms (07-08 Celtics, 99-00 Raptors, 05-06 Heat, etc.)
  • A number of improvements have been made with the 2KTV viewing experience. Make sure and watch the latest episode for your chance to earn some easy VC!
  • Improved the results of face scanning.
  • Primary Jersey and Primary Shorts colors are now used to determine both accessory and sock colors when using custom-built uniforms.
  • Certain materials were not properly appearing on user-edited shoes; this should be resolved.
  • Fixed an issue where users would not join the Locker Room when accepting an invite while playing in a MyCAREER game.
  • Corrected a disconnect issue that could happen when pausing and unpausing the game during online play.
  • Fixed an issue in MyTEAM where players/items from the 99-00 Blazers were returning when searching for the Timberwolves in the Auction House.
GAMEPLAY
  • Resolved an issue where too much stamina would recover during timeouts (giving the effect that players never tired).
  • Finally resolved an issue where players would not sweat appropriately in longer quarter lengths.
  • Fixed a rare case where you would be unable to dismiss the quick sub menu when attempting to make a substitution.
  • Found a case where the camera would be pointing towards the crowd at the tip-off of an overtime game.
  • Corrected the Free Throw Difficulty slider, which was flipped. Make sure to update your custom sliders if you accounted for this on your end already.
  • Outdoor sound effects should no longer play in indoor environments after having previously played a MyTEAM Gauntlet game.
  • Players who have not yet had their in-game injury diagnosed will have their playable status updated once the diagnosis is complete.
  • Players who have not yet had their in-game injury diagnosed will correctly suffer from the effects of the actual injury.
  • Players who pick up short term injuries (lasting only minutes long) should now have them properly removed when the remaining duration reaches zero during a game.
  • Tuned the ‘hold ball too long’ event in the teammate grade logic to be a little more forgiving.
  • Fixed an issue where you could be awarded ‘good foul’ in your teammate grade when fouling a three-point shooter.
  • We no longer give an ‘allow offensive rebound’ teammate grade penalty after blocking an opponent’s shot.
  • Addressed a movement issue that would cause players to twitch while in Deny states.
  • Referees should no longer twitch during free throws.
  • Pass receivers are now less likely to veer away from the basket to catch a pass.
  • Improved CPU logic for when they should and should not use alley-oop passes.
  • Reduced the defensive impact of defenders who are on their way down after a block attempt.
  • Fixed a very rare case where a free throw shot would launch toward the wrong basket.
  • Tuned body-up system to prevent sub-par defenders from being overly effective at stopping the ball handler.
  • Fixed a frequent hitch in the dribble system seen when branching into certain dribble collisions.
  • Tightened up ‘crowded’ dribble launches to prevent unwanted hesitations when attempting to drive to the basket.
  • Fixed post-up double dribble and travel (pivot) issues.
  • Tuned down excessive flopping being performed by AI players.
  • Addressed the issue of ‘camping’ in MyPARK games by: 1) Disabling the set screen button within 6 feet of the basket, 2) Allowing users to initiate off-ball contact with screen setters near the rim, and 3) By adding offensive 3 seconds rule to half court games.
  • Fixed a case that was causing passers to stop to throw a pass in the backcourt.
  • Tuned the dribble system in order to tone down the effectiveness of behind-the-back dribble moves and ‘zig-zagging’ back and forth to get open.
  • Improvements made to alley-oop defense.
  • Fixed an issue that would prevent some contact layups from respecting the user’s desired finish direction.
  • Reduced the frequency of unwanted contested shot fadeaways.
  • Tweaks to errant pass frequency when passing out of double teams and contact shots.
  • Made dive for loose balls more accurate and more likely to acquire the ball.
  • Swapped out ‘Normal 13’ jump shot pullups per community feedback.
  • Made low-rated shot blockers less accurate and capped their jumping verticals.
  • Made decisions by the CPU to steal a pass more reasonable through tuning the frequencies in certain situations.
  • Improvements to double team logic.
  • Increased the difficulty in stealing the ball from post players.
  • Improvements to logic system for when ‘ankle breakers’ should play and when they should not play.
  • Fixed an issue in which points would not count for shots that go in after a flagrant foul call (i.e. And-1 on flagrants).
  • Fixed a MyTEAM post move score exploit by better defining post shot scenarios.
  • Added jam ups to spin layups to prevent the offense from barreling through heavy traffic.
  • Improved CPU logic for when to hustle back in transition defense.
  • Added a pop-up overlay to let the user know when the Adaptive Coaching Engine is changing their freelance offense.
  • Adjusted freeland motion cut times and fixed an issue with swing freelance starting positions.
  • Adjusted stationary hop jumper shooting percentages to make them a more viable option on offense.
  • Tuned back the frequency of missed dunks in traffic.
  • Fixed an issue where if someone called for an icon pick and got interrupted by a stealing defender, the ball handler was previously unable to pass the ball by any means for the remainder of the possession.
  • Improvements to help defense and rotation logic.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • You now have the ability to design an ‘Away’ uniform for your Pro-Am team. The appropriate uniform will be worn depending on if your team is Home or Away for the current game.
  • The correct overall rating for your MyPLAYER will now be shown on the Pro-Am loading screen.
  • Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
  • Accolades will now unlock based on your performances in custom arena Pro-Am games.
  • A number of fixes have been applied to improve lineup building during the Pro-Am.
  • Made CPU players that take over for quitting users less effective in Pro-Am.
  • A Pro-Am game will end immediately with a win if all opposing players have quit out of the game.
  • ‘Quit’ deterrents have been added to deter users from quitting out of Pro-Am games. Too many quits will result in the short term inability to play the mode.
  • Removed the 10-second delay that would occur before the start of a game to 21 in MyPARK.
  • Fixed an issue with the squad countdown timer displaying incorrectly when traveling between parks.
  • Users can no longer celebrate when their opponent scores in 21.
  • Camera flashes should no longer be seen in empty custom-arena matches. Progress further in your MyCAREER to draw more people to your Pro-Am games!
  • Fixed a very rare issue where some users were reporting a hang when exiting their MyPARK.
  • The ball should no longer get stuck to your MyPLAYER when celebrating in the park.
  • Corrected an issue where some users were not receiving the correct amount of VC after winning a MyPARK Ante-Up game.
  • Fixed an issue where stats would sometimes show as incorrect in the Game Recap following a Pro-Am game.
  • Fixed an issue where certain players were unable to travel back to their home parks at the end of Rival Days due to travel restrictions.
  • A large number of other MyPARK performance fixes and enhancements have been made to improve the overall experience.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Fixed an issue where certain store rewards (from Connections) weren’t saving upon unlocking. Previously unlocked items should again show up as owned items.
  • Added support for crowd members to hold up ‘big head’ posters of your MyPLAYER.
  • Users should now start seeing ‘photobombs’ again once they reach their second NBA season in MyCAREER.
  • Custom code added to prevent very similar shades of white/grey/black uniforms from being matched up automatically as part of the ‘alternate uniform night’ feature. This logic also applies to the MyGM/MyLEAGUE modes.
  • Fixed a MyCAREER issue where your contact could inadvertently change after being traded between two teams.
  • Improved PlayVision to better help you understand what you should be doing on offense in MyCAREER.
  • Reduced the max amount of scheduled minutes your MyPLAYER can get to 38 (pro-rated) minutes. Actual playtime can vary based on game conditions, of course.
  • MyPLAYERs who have retired from their NBA careers can now access their MyCOURTs.
  • When not participating in a MyCOURT scrimmage, users can now freely walk around. Have fun.
  • The game will no longer hang when attempting to equip the skateboard from the 2K Sports Store while in your MyCOURT.
  • Sock length is now customizable for your MyPLAYER via the 2K Sports store.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
  • Tuned the fair market value for players; teams should now be signing players for the appropriate amount of money.
  • Improved negotiation options when negotiating with Staff.
  • Generated prospects should now have their own unique jumpshot animations, free throw animations, and signature size-ups. Note that this particular change will only work on GMs/LEAGUEs started post-patch.
  • Improved support of the NBA’s new tie-breaker rules for Playoff seeding.
  • Teams are now less likely to trade away newly signed players, specifically those signed to longer contracts.
  • The League Realignment option will now appear during every offseason in MyLEAGUE, even if a team was not relocated during the current season.
  • Location/Team-specific crowd chants have now been disabled for relocated teams (as they no longer apply).
  • Support has been added for users who wish to use position lock with multiple controllers.
  • Added playcalling support during Scrimmages.
  • If a user has relocated or rebranded a team with new uniforms, those uniforms will be used for Summer League/Scrimmage/Freestyle rather than the team’s current practice uniforms.
  • Players with the ‘Force 6th Man’ option turned on will no longer complain about wanting to be starters (and their expectation are adjusted accordingly).’
  • Fixed an issue where changing your uniform for a Summer League game would result in the game being played in a non-Summer League environment.
  • Injuries are now turned off during the Hoops Summit game in the offseason.
  • Fixed a hang that could occur when jumping out of a game and into SimCast.
  • Taking an invalid gameplan into a SimCast game will no longer cause the game to hang.
  • Fixed an issue where hot spot player tendencies would get overwritten after changing them and leaving the Edit Player menu.
  • Corrected an issue when using Player Lock where users would sometimes control all players, rather than just their own.
  • Copying/Pasting/Deleting of gameplans should now function properly in MyLEAGUE Online.
  • Trade Notifications in MyLEAGUE Online will now properly be deleted after being handled by the user.
  • (PS4) Sony’s invite system can now be used to invite users to your MyLEAGUE Online.
  • Corrected an issue that would cause the game to stutter during a MyLEAGUE Online fantasy draft when the timer would run out with auto-draft enabled.
  • The calendar now displays scheduled user games when one falls on the same day as the Player Re-signing deadline.
  • Fixed an issue where ‘Standing Shot Close’ would sometimes be errantly displayed multiple times in the Training Camp Results overlay.
  • Added ‘Normalize Played to Sim Minutes’ and ‘Normalize Played to Sim Stats’ to MyGM settings. Give them a try.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves (unless specifically noted otherwise).

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Thetruth9012 @ 11/13/15 04:27 PM
Unfortunatly guys trade logical its still not perfect i simulated 2 years in myleague resulst deandre jordan for enes kanter +pick in first year andrew bogut for jj barea +pick in sscond year draymond green and igoudala lol i forgot but i was upset when saw it nicolas batum demand 6Mln as a free agent still to low utah gave gobert and take gortat

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

# 142 Gosens6 @ 11/13/15 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
Unfortunatly guys trade logical its still not perfect i simulated 2 years in myleague resulst deandre jordan for enes kanter +pick in first year andrew bogut for jj barea +pick in sscond year draymond green and igoudala lol i forgot but i was upset when saw it nicolas batum demand 6Mln as a free agent still to low utah gave gobert and take gortat

Always, always, always play with trade approval on.

Also, sim stats are still kind of screwy, at least when it comes to PIP and team stats. Individual stats do look better though.

RPG, APG and SPG seemed to have been tuned. I actually saw Jimmy Butler and Kahwai Leonard in the top 5 for SPG, so, that's at least encouraging.

# 143 Branbran225 @ 11/13/15 04:34 PM
They raised the double team too much in mycarrer. Stars keep getting double teamed every possession and it's leaving wing players wide open.

# 144 Hengist @ 11/13/15 04:36 PM
Quote:

Im starting to think all this 'logic' and these 'tendencies' are starting to become subtraction by addition because they all end up conflicting with each other, hence James Harden always electing to pull up j's as opposed to drawing fouls or Curry always wanting to drive and never shooting the pull up 3. 2k needs to look
at all the tendencies they have in this game and literally slash a third of them or the conflicts they keep causing will have players not playing like themselves and teams chronically underperforming

# 145 Jhawkfootball06 @ 11/13/15 04:36 PM
Quote:

Periods man... periods. Look how much better this looks below.

"Unfortunately guys the trade logical it still not perfect... I simulated 2 years in MyLeague. The first year the result was Deandre Jordan for Enes Kanter plus a draft pick. In the second year the result was Andrew Bogut for J.J. Barea plus a draft pick."

# 146 Thetruth9012 @ 11/13/15 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Always, always, always play with trade approval on.

Also, sim stats are still kind of screwy, at least when it comes to PIP and team stats. Individual stats do look better though.

RPG, APG and SPG seemed to have been tuned. I actually saw Jimmy Butler and Kahwai Leonard in the top 5 for SPG, so, that's at least encouraging.
I know but was courios if we can play mygm ehh we cant

# 147 bigmike0077 @ 11/13/15 04:40 PM
why cant you play MyGm?

its a video game it will never be perfect, lets just enjoy this

# 148 Whaaaazuuuuup @ 11/13/15 04:41 PM
Hopefully this patch saves 2K16 for me this season.. Because the off ball defense has got me frustrated to the point to where I just put the game in my glove compartment ready to traded in for Star Wars

# 149 The 24th Letter @ 11/13/15 04:45 PM
I lied, I had to play this, lol. I can confirm blocking wasn't overly nerfed.....you can still protect the rim

# 150 dnyce87 @ 11/13/15 04:46 PM
Can anyone confirm if u can perform up and unders outside the paint now?

# 151 TheDuggler @ 11/13/15 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
I didn't say It did. But it does give an advantage if u don't make adjustments.

As gamers, we have to stop depending on dev's for every single fix and PLAY YOUR OWN DEFENSE.

we want fast break tweaked, WELL GET BACK MANUALLY AND MAN UP!!!!

we want shooting lowered and layups missed, WELL PLAY DEFENSE AND CONTEST!!! SIMPLE!! PUT A HAND UP!.

STOP RUNNING TO DEVS because something didn't go ur way and play ball. guys leaving shooters open and running to the devs to tweak the shooting. Fix ur defense. I Never have a problem with fast breaks. NEVER!!!!!
Do you play on 2k cam?

# 152 grantelbart @ 11/13/15 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
At two minutes in the fourth quarter, timeouts go to three instead of two as in the past. I don't think the rule was changed though.

Didn't see this change in the patch notes. Has this been fixed previously or is that the correct way timeouts work now?
They finally fixed it this year, but they already had that in on release day.

# 153 gabri3l3 @ 11/13/15 04:58 PM
Can you rotate the player when editing signatures now?

# 154 Magnus1959 @ 11/13/15 04:59 PM
lol you have to set a pick before you cross the line.

# 155 UnbelievablyRAW @ 11/13/15 05:03 PM
Can anyone comment on whether chase down blocks are OP still?

Do your guys get back on defense and not leave their man open after makes or misses?

# 156 daveberg @ 11/13/15 05:04 PM
Not seeing any free throw celebrations after the patch. Players just stand still on the freethrow line after a made shot, no high fives or hand shakes etc.

# 157 jotterio @ 11/13/15 05:06 PM
does the leaderboard and team record display correctly in Pro AM?? also player's stats and ranks? o-ranks??

# 158 harryl @ 11/13/15 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
I was concerned about this and HOPED 2K didn't listen to people complaining b4 the patch about fast break defense. Because a fast break is MEANT to be a disadvantage for the defense. Meaning u have a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1. That's the purpose. Never understood why people complained about this because that''s why it's called a "fast beeak". Havent played the game so hopefully they didn't mess this up.

People crying about "fix fast break defense" made zero sense to me. Ur at an disadvantage. Ur not suppose to stop the offense If they have numbers.
When people are complaining about fast break defense, they're not complaining that, for example, the lone defender cannot stop a 2-on-1 break effectively.

They're complaining that there's only 1 defender in the paint because the CPU made one or two other defenders camp at some perimeter spot instead of covering a streaking opponent or getting back further toward the basket.

So it wasn't about complaining that having numbers is too OP, but that it's too easy to get favorable numbers on offense due to the CPU not understanding where to go to defend the fast break properly and prevent favorable offensive numbers.

# 159 drplay @ 11/13/15 05:12 PM
How about you fix the servers.

# 160 Nguyen4223 @ 11/13/15 05:14 PM
cowboy hats are back... HeeHaw!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.