Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

If you are EA Sports, what do you do just after you release what you claim is your biggest patch ever?

The answer is, believe it or not, give Madden to anyone who wants it for a weekend free of charge.

EA is offering gamers on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One a chance to play the full version of Madden NFL 16 for free -- and if you decide to buy the full game after your trial expires all of your progress will carry over.

Xbox One users will have 10 hours of playtime while PlayStation 4 users will have an unlimited amount of time to play. Check it out and let us know what you think of the game if its your first time playing this season!

You can queue them up from the following sites

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MichaelC762 @ 11/20/15 12:59 PM
Where is it at? I go to that page and it only gives me the option to buy the game

# 2 lilrosati56 @ 11/20/15 01:04 PM
Am I being stupid, or does the PSN not offer this deal?

# 3 MichaelC762 @ 11/20/15 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrosati56
Am I being stupid, or does the PSN not offer this deal?

PSN gets unlimited time to play, but I just don't see it anywhere

# 4 MeloNYK7 @ 11/20/15 01:22 PM
If you guys ars gonna keep posting this at show us how to download it. Still $60

# 5 MichaelC762 @ 11/20/15 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7
If you guys ars gonna keep posting this at show us how to download it. Still $60
This. I'm camping out this thread to get it. This trial will decide whether I sell 2k16 for this game.

# 6 lilrosati56 @ 11/20/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelC762
This. I'm camping out this thread to get it. This trial will decide whether I sell 2k16 for this game.
Yep, this trial is big for me (If it actually happens). I held off on buying because I didn't like what I read, but the last patch got me interested and I'd like to try it out.

# 7 Turbojugend @ 11/20/15 01:33 PM
I paid $28 at Walmart yesterday. Not sure if it's still that price but it's the way to go if anyone's on the fence.

EDIT: Looks like everything but PS4 is still $28:

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=madden%2016

# 8 MichaelC762 @ 11/20/15 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I paid $28 at Walmart yesterday. Not sure if it's still that price but it's the way to go if anyone's on the fence.

EDIT: Looks like everything but PS4 is still $28:
Man I'm mad. PS4 is still crazy expensive. Why is XBONE only 28 dollars?

# 9 Pythons80 @ 11/20/15 01:40 PM
I'm in the same boat as you guys, I don't understand how to access the free trial. Is it maybe a USA only free trial? I used to play Madden a lot and would love to see how the game has progressed while I've been away. Clicking on the link just gives you the option to pay $59.99.

# 10 MichaelC762 @ 11/20/15 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythons80
I'm in the same boat as you guys, I don't understand how to access the free trial. Is it maybe a USA only free trial? I used to play Madden a lot and would love to see how the game has progressed while I've been away. Clicking on the link just gives you the option to pay $59.99.
I live in the USA and it's still 60 dollars

Maybe it's just EA trolling us trying to get us to buy the game, you know how EA is

# 11 Turbojugend @ 11/20/15 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelC762
Man I'm mad. PS4 is still crazy expensive. Why is XBONE only 28 dollars?
PS4 was the same yesterday, that's the console I bought it for. They must have ran out of stock really quick.

# 12 MichaelC762 @ 11/20/15 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
PS4 was the same yesterday, that's the console I bought it for. They must have ran out of stock really quick.
I'm insanely jealous man

# 13 kariya05 @ 11/20/15 04:13 PM
It's on PSN now.

# 14 SIMatic @ 11/20/15 09:24 PM
how many gB?

# 15 kjcheezhead @ 11/21/15 10:08 AM
I downloaded this to give it a try and the game froze on the same loading screen 3x. I'm pretty sure somebody's trying to tell me something.

# 16 pj_28 @ 11/21/15 10:14 AM
It won't even let me download it at all right now.

# 17 Formula1Racing @ 11/21/15 08:37 PM
I got to admit, after trying out the free weekend last night playing it after an awful long download time..it is the best Madden I ever played!

It was a very close game with my Raiders vs the Bengals in connected franchise. It all came down to the last 4th qtr. and I was winning 21-20 but the CPU beat me with some great last min play to win!. The CPU late game ball management is so much better this year then past Madden's.( I skipped 3 versions so this is new to me.)

It was a lot of fun even though I lost! I believe Madden is heading in the right direction now. Next year for 2017 should be even better! I hope. The presentation is also improved I don't mind the pop-up bubble stats..it was ok and didn't distract me at all.

Now, to get the game on sale...Anybody know any good deals?

# 18 MoneyOvaHuds @ 11/22/15 12:16 AM
28 bucks at Walmart and 35 at target I think for Black Friday

# 19 xman2k @ 11/22/15 08:07 AM
Very impressed once got past the freezing loading screen. That intro was awesome, like all pro at coin toss and wwe showcase with an NFL films feel, only thing was the little choppiness and claymation looking cutscene motion sometimes. I'm die hard 2k but great job on this game. Here's hoping for more player mannerisms and player voices and dialogue in 17, I love when players feel and play different, and looks like they are finally on right track. Feels like some fight night people might've been involved as it feels a lot like fight night quality which I really liked in an ea game

# 20 kjcheezhead @ 11/22/15 12:59 PM
It was cool that EA did this and gave me a chance to try the game for the weekend. Unfortunately the game froze on me 3 times when I tried to start. Then it took 16 hours to install the entire game so I could only use Pittsburgh or Arizona when I first tried it Saturday morning. Of course I worked Saturday afternoon and the wife demanded we go out Saturday night so Sunday morning before real games start was my only opportunity to use other teams.

That's really all I needed tho. The controls feel clunky and laggy while still somehow making the players twitchy at the same time. When I tried to use the new catch options on short or medium throws they often didn't respond at all and the ball just hit them in the face and then fell to the ground.

Blocking ai is terrible. I decide to go for it on 4th and one when this happened.

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=ZnLk8ULK4-4

I don't mind the play failing or a player blocking into the wrong gap, but why would my tight end run up into the left guard for no reason? Terrible.

The added penalties was the one positive for me. No where near enough to justify a purchase even at black Friday prices.

Thanks EA for giving me a free trial. Confirmed skipping was the right choice for me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.