Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

NBA Live 16 game update 1.04 is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, adding a new court for Live Run/Summer Circuit (see the trailer here), over 25 new player face scans, 48 new hairstyles, new tattoos, over 250 bug fixes and improvements and quite a bit more. As more information comes in, we will update this post.

With that said, let us know what you are seeing!

UPDATE: Patch notes are available now.

Gameplay Fixes:
  • Improved rebound input response time
  • Added more rebound animations to help with timing and coverage
  • Improved failed rebound animations
  • Made it easier to perform spin layups.
  • Reduced sliding and warping for inside shots and layups. Also improved animation selection.
  • Shot percentage tuning for mid range and 3 point shots
  • Added a greater fatigue affect for shooting.
  • Improved loose ball responsiveness for steals/rebounds and blocked shots
  • Sizing up on the perimeter for a longer duration will now trigger isolations
  • Improved transition play after turnovers
  • Fixed rare issues with double dribbles from post up and unders
  • Improved catch animation selection for players in transition
  • Improved help defense when scoring from the post
  • Improved on ball defense facing logic to help cut off dribble penetration
  • Fixed a rare case where players warp across the court after a change of possession
  • Fixed rare cases where players hands wouldn't connect with the rim properly
  • Fixed rare issues with ball warping when passing
  • Summer Circuit AI alley-oop pass logic improvements
  • Addressed rare miss catches in the post
  • Fixed issues where pump fakes would over-rotate the players facing
  • Fixed rare issue where players would not face the basket when performing a jump shot
General Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed Blocked Shot not counting for "Contest" objectives
  • Fixed gear display issues in Pro-Am lobby
  • Host now defaulted to “Start Game” in the Lobby of Pro-Am games
  • Fixed issue where Rising Star does not play the correct amount of minutes when the earned time is over thirty minutes
  • Fixed issue when viewing the post game wrap up in Ultimate Team, skipping through any point would occasionally cause a black background
  • Fixed issue where soaking in Pro AM Screens will occasionaly show online friends as offline
  • Improved detection of Contested Shots in the Paint
  • Fixed Brooklyn Nets road jersey not being in the correct tops menu when the user selects the PRO-AM outfits in the Gear Shop.
  • Inconsistent lighting for player avatar in summer circuit/live run lobbies adjusted
  • Added "Good Defense" event for stopping an inside shot via a collision
  • Improved stability if the fifth and fourth users leave a live run lobby just before the timer expires
  • Fixed Lobby host changes in persistent sessions
  • It is no longer possible to change your Play Style after becoming receiving the Superstar designation.
  • Fixed framerate drop when User B constrains the title in a H2H game.
  • Fixed occasional loud crowd cheer while playing in OKC
  • Enabled standing crowd animation stream(s) for ProAm Venues
  • Improved Pro-Am stability
  • Fixed Dynasty salary cap restrictions issue
  • Fixed issue where the rising star is told to guard someone else, but gets penalized when the original opponent that was guarded makes a shot in Rising Star mode
  • Fixed issue where Rising Star is not in the starting lineup when the Star becomes a 'STARTER' and enters a game in Rising Star mode
  • Tuned penalty for passing up shots
  • Pro-Am: Added link to Skills Progression from lobby
  • Improved Content Update stability
  • Fixed parts of the geo blocking the camera in Terminal 23
  • Fixed black texture where an exit sign should be in the Seattle Pacific University arena
  • Addressed Summer Circuit AI Alley Oop tuning
  • Fixed issue where the stanchion poles and clock do not turn invisible in SPU venue
  • Fixed issues with the Activity Feed
  • Fixed issue with blocks going back to offense too much
  • Fixed issue where help defense fails to react in time from a successful post move
  • Fixed standing crowd popping in game
  • Fixed issue when on an interception or steal the AI ball handler goes into a one off animation when they have an advantage
  • Fixed issue when playing a Summer Circuit game in Brooklyn Park with another User the Pre game NIS only showed 4 Players coming onto the court
  • Fixed intermittent periods of not seeing lobby avatar images in the Pro-Am lobby
  • Fixed “Make an Assisted Shot” not triggering when completing an alley oop, layup or dunk in Summer Circuit
  • Re-ordered the position slots in the lobby to be PG, SG, SF, PF, C
  • Implemented new generic facial animation
  • Fixed a soft lock that occurred when accepting an invite to a Summer Circuit lobby that is currently full
  • Fixed issue when an opponent select the quit and count option in an Ultimate Team H2H game

NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 mp3 @ 11/28/15 04:38 PM
I honestly was going to pre order when that tweet appeared that implied they had added player editing but I didn't when it was clear they were only talking about rising star and pro-am followed by hearing a podcast with Sean O'brien saying that Dynasty mode remains unchanged.

So I decided to wait to around Xmas when the price dropped like last year, I like the game but not at full price!

One of my biggest gripes is the rosters, there are so many players that they just add the same generic player in, even when they have done it already with another player on the same team so you have twins out there !

And I get they can't scan everyone but guess what... The face scanning system is pretty new and EA managed to knock out pretty good player lookalikes in years gone by so why do we just have this mess now??

# 122 mp3 @ 11/28/15 05:39 PM
I have had plenty of the missing jersey bug but I have never seen the missing shorts one.

http:// https://youtu.be/aamlaWfm5Pw

# 123 The 24th Letter @ 11/29/15 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3
I have had plenty of the missing jersey bug but I have never seen the missing shorts one.

http:// https://youtu.be/aamlaWfm5Pw

Watching my cousins play and they have a player who's jersey looks like it's being sucked into the court, hadn't seen that one yet, lol

# 124 seanhazz1 @ 11/30/15 02:16 PM
For what its worth, I played and streamed 4 straight games in my season 1 dynasty on 11/29 with the 76ers. I saw some good and some bad but mostly good in the Stars on court play actually standing out.

Could be just me but the game feels slowed down a notch. Also, the CPU was actually trying to take advantage of various mismatches, in the post and off the dribble, and had a good mix of inside/outside, depending on the defense/team I was playing against. I played against OKC, the Bulls, the Twolves and Houston in succession(1-3 record).

Durant(21pts 4-4 from deep) and Westbrook(19-9-9) ate me up from everywhere, mid range, deep, inside, on drives, beating me by 20.

I manhandled the Bulls and their bigs with the 76ers bigs (Okafor and Noel combined for 39-20) as they kept trying me inside with Gasol and Noah, beating them by 10, because I only allowed D. Rose to be a bad jump shooter, and denied his driving. This was my best defensive game holding them to 58 points.

The T. Wolves killed me with Wiggins(25) from everywhere, with him beating me off the dribble, off dimes from Rubio, on pull ups, on dunks, on put backs, and beat me by 12 with his hustle and D(3 steals 2 blocks 8 boards).

Against the Rockets I lost, and Harden was unstoppable(27) abusing Hollis Thompson and Nick Stauskas from everywhere, jump shooting, dribble drive, pull ups, but only beating me by 3. They only scored 22 total points in the paint (12 by Howard and they had 75 total), and were gunning as a team with an occasional drive to the hoop by Harden. Okafor beat Howard up, 24-9 vs 10-10.

A 1-3 road stretch in a 5-5 season, and I got to see 4 distinctly different attack styles from different opponents against my 76ers, that seemed to replicate their RL persona.

I saw some new paint contact animations on offense and defense, and a lot more designed mid-range play from the CPU (Harden, Wiggins, Durant), focused offensive post ups from Howard, Gasol, Townes, and Noah .

The league high scoring is 73ppg the low is 61ppg. I'm sitting at 65ppg. (Settings on 12 minutes accel clock on with 8min sim stats).

I tend to play methodical and look for my bigs (76ers are shooter light) as opposed to chucking them up, but my dynasty 76ers are shooting 30% (31 IRL), and try to only realistically push it in turnover or rebound situations.

I don't want to jump on the synergy bandwagon again just yet, but as the tendency data collection results become more refined, perhaps it is starting to make a noticeable difference, in individual play styles. Regardless, I felt the CPU did a fine job of countering me without cheese, on offense and defense in those games.

Aside from missing players/faces that should be added, I did experience one late shot clock bug in the 4 games(guy held the ball for the last 7 seconds near the post), but it was at the end of the half with me leading by 10. It also appears that some shot animations in the paint and around the rim just need to be adjusted, as they don't seem to be tied to a percent (displayed?) and instead to a specific shot button release point(canimation). The jump shots seemed to be slightly more in line with the animation now. I like this in jump shooting because it reflects good shot takers with good shots but awkward animations, that should not be a perfect shot on the meter, but perhaps one notch down or a half notch down on the meter for some. I trust and focus on the animation more than the meter now. Some collisions and dribble drive launch points need to be tweaked, as often it appears the launch is triggered too far from the rim for some elite players, making some defensive blocking positions harder to maintain than should be, but at no point did I really feel "cheesed" out of anything, except maybe one or two rebound battles with D. Howard and K. Townes, where I was in position and the ball appeared to be "pre-determined", and I was pushed out of the way by a force field, but it did not interrupt my enjoyment.

The big thing for me is the appearance of tightened game play/animations the addition of more face captures for newer players, more post moves and physics added, and especially Okafor's face. However, his in game halftime highlight photo remains unchanged as the nondescript baldy from before.

# 125 zmoney117 @ 11/30/15 03:00 PM
Is the patch applied to the demo as well?

# 126 subinate027 @ 11/30/15 04:40 PM
Is Live 16 worth a purchase this year over 2K?

# 127 mp3 @ 11/30/15 05:04 PM
Definitely not "over" 2k but if you get a chance to pick up a copy of nba live 16 cheaper than retail price then I'd recommend it.

# 128 chisportsfan23 @ 11/30/15 08:46 PM
Who is in charge of updating ratings and accessories? A lot of players still don't have accurate ratings, and most players still don't have their accurate accessories and wear ankle socks (which very few players in the NBA do) Also playing Dynasty in depth since the patch I've noticed really awful contracts for low rated/rookie players, some players have random 1yr $15 Million contracts, which will affect the team yo have built next year as well as who you can get in free agency the following year. So again I ask, who is in charge of this stuff? Is it Erika? Has she been aware of these errors? It seems like stuff like this should be corrected by now. It's simple stuff. Don't get me wrong I love the game, I play offline games more on Live than I do 2k16 tbh. But I don't see these so called producers or people that are heavily involved with the game acknowledge what needs work or what people want added in. Updated ratings and accessories are the easy thing to update, if you actually pay attention to basketball. Come on Live team.

# 129 Walt Frazier @ 11/30/15 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisportsfan23
Who is in charge of updating ratings and accessories? A lot of players still don't have accurate ratings, and most players still don't have their accurate accessories and wear ankle socks (which very few players in the NBA do) Also playing Dynasty in depth since the patch I've noticed really awful contracts for low rated/rookie players, some players have random 1yr $15 Million contracts, which will affect the team yo have built next year as well as who you can get in free agency the following year. So again I ask, who is in charge of this stuff? Is it Erika? Has she been aware of these errors? It seems like stuff like this should be corrected by now. It's simple stuff. Don't get me wrong I love the game, I play offline games more on Live than I do 2k16 tbh. But I don't see these so called producers or people that are heavily involved with the game acknowledge what needs work or what people want added in. Updated ratings and accessories are the easy thing to update, if you actually pay attention to basketball. Come on Live team.
They had a guy called Fernando doing it last year...he was not particularly good and seemed to need forum members telling him what to do, but at least something was being done.

He left...seems like no one is bothering this year. Some accessories and contracts are, literally, years out of date.

# 130 chisportsfan23 @ 11/30/15 09:22 PM
It's pretty amateurish of EA truthfully.. All you have to do is keep up with the days games, look up photos of the players in those games, and submit the changes to the players accessories. Contracts, for Dynasty, are simple. Pick your website, there are quite a few of them, with accurate up to date player contracts. Rookie/Low rated players should not have 15-16$ Million 1yr contracts. And the fact we don't know who's behind this stuff over at EA is concerning. I get that EA has the general twitter which spews out generic responses, but nowadays it's all about connecting via social media, via youtube. Who at EA is the Ronnie2K for them. 2K has several different employees that are always on social media and youtube. Yet EA has none. And no offense to the very few EA pick to be semi "reps" for the game but they don't help either. Those people, that have a presence on forums like this and social media, should have more say or the ability to submit minor changes (ratings, contracts, accessories, etc.) to the developers directly. That way we feel heard, at least for certain smaller topics, that can affect change to the game.

# 131 coolcras7 @ 11/30/15 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmoney117
Is the patch applied to the demo as well?
believe so, i got and update notice

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.