Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

This is guest content written by Marc Price. You can follow Marc on Twitter, listen to his Post Game Podcast, and read his work on Medium.

Today in our whirlwind tour of the NBA, we are taking a look at the NBA's Central Division. The Central Division is full of talent from the Lebron James led Cleveland Cavaliers to the ever dangerous Chicago Bulls. The Pacers are no slouch, and Detroit and Milwaukee are both projects worthy of taking on.

In these guides we will look at the strategy for the first year as well as the first three years. Through this, we hope you get an idea of how you should approach managing and building each team in the game.

Read More - NBA 2K16: Atlantic Division Team Breakdowns

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 braves_94 @ 12/04/15 01:13 PM
I played with Bucks last week. Middleton owns from downtown and provides the space needed for the Greek Freak to attack. Also Jabari and Monroe are effective low post scorers. Though I do assume trading MCW for a pure shooter at the point would make a world of difference. Bayless has range as well.

# 2 DBMcGee3 @ 12/04/15 03:26 PM
I think it's a bit unfair to imply that the Bulls have hit their ceiling when they're what, 11-5 with a brand new coach and a PG who can't see? I'm not saying they're winning the title, but they played Cleveland tough before Gasol's injury last year and I think several guys have improved in the offseason. If they can work out their front court pairings and get Noah involved more, they could get a lot better in my opinion.

But like he said, the game is different from real life. I'm having great games with Rose and he can't throw it in the ocean this season.

# 3 mrprice33 @ 12/04/15 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I think it's a bit unfair to imply that the Bulls have hit their ceiling when they're what, 11-5 with a brand new coach and a PG who can't see? I'm not saying they're winning the title, but they played Cleveland tough before Gasol's injury last year and I think several guys have improved in the offseason. If they can work out their front court pairings and get Noah involved more, they could get a lot better in my opinion.

But like he said, the game is different from real life. I'm having great games with Rose and he can't throw it in the ocean this season.
In real life, the Bulls aren't a contender for the title. I don't think Hoiberg is a good coach, and the pieces just don't fit, especially if Butler isn't playing at an All-NBA level. Rose has been terrible this year, but, like you said, it's not as bad in-game.

# 4 mrprice33 @ 12/04/15 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
I played with Bucks last week. Middleton owns from downtown and provides the space needed for the Greek Freak to attack. Also Jabari and Monroe are effective low post scorers. Though I do assume trading MCW for a pure shooter at the point would make a world of difference. Bayless has range as well.
The problem is at the point guard spot. When you dump it into Monroe or try to run Parker/Giannis in some kind of PnR, your outlet is a guy who shoots like 20% from deep. It makes it very difficult to score (they are 22nd in offensive rating in real life per basketball-reference.com).

What's weird about their real-life stats profile is that they are actually above-average from 3, percentage wise (36.7%), but they don't take any (24th in the league). Then you look at their player stats, and it's 2 guys: Middleton and Bayless. Those guys are a combined 80-174 (46%), while the rest of the team is 56-197 (28.4%). So, you're forced to have at least one on the floor at all times, making MCW essentially unplayable, unless you go small, which then makes it hard to play Monroe. It's a tough spot for them to be in.

# 5 Teleo @ 12/05/15 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

This is guest content written by Marc Price. You can follow Marc on Twitter, listen to his Post Game Podcast, and read his work on Medium.

Today in our whirlwind tour of the NBA, we are taking a look at the NBA's Central Division. The Central Division is full of talent from the Lebron James led Cleveland Cavaliers to the ever dangerous Chicago Bulls. The Pacers are no slouch, and Detroit and Milwaukee are both projects worthy of taking on.

In these guides we will look at the strategy for the first year as well as the first three years. Through this, we hope you get an idea of how you should approach managing and building each team in the game.

Read More - NBA 2K16: Atlantic Division Team Breakdowns

I really enjoy the analysis breakdown, but just a heads up, the Central Division teams are not located in the link...the Atlantic Division teams are and there is a thread already for that.

# 6 STB Bodam @ 12/05/15 07:36 AM
Love these breakdowns but was very disappointed by the lack of trade ideas for the Bulls. Would love to hear some players to potentially make trades for and who to trade on the Bulls roster. I'm a huge MLB/NFL guy but not as familiar with the NBA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.