Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Just announced at the PlayStation Experience, Josh Donaldson is the cover athlete for MLB 16 The Show. Will get trailer up in a bit. The game arrives on March 29, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (No Vita).

UPDATE: Here is the MLB 16 The Show trailer.

MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 nemesis04 @ 12/20/15 11:37 AM
I think Money was referencing the overall pulse of the game experience because in those time periods he referenced the game does have an all too familiar opening sequence and pulse giving you the feeling you have been there before. So if you stop there many of the newer additions don't get fully realized because you have already tuned out.

To draw people into the game it needs to be fresh and motivating, hopefully we see some good changes on this front to break the familiarity of how the game presents itself.

# 262 countryboy @ 12/20/15 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I think Money was referencing the overall pulse of the game experience because in those time periods he referenced the game does have an all too familiar opening sequence and pulse giving you the feeling you have been there before. So if you stop there many of the newer additions don't get fully realized because you have already tuned out.

To draw people into the game it needs to be fresh and motivating, hopefully we see some good changes on this front to break the familiarity of how the game presents itself.
It should just be a video of Ramone explaining what is new in this year's game.

# 263 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 12/21/15 12:47 PM
I apologize if this was already asked, but is it safe to assume that their feature of transferring RTTS/Franchises from last year's game to the new one is being carried over to MLB16?

# 264 lalblc @ 12/23/15 10:16 AM
I really hope there is deeper stat tracking and 2k like presentation.

# 265 tnixen @ 12/23/15 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalblc
I really hope there is deeper stat tracking and 2k like presentation.
These 2 things alone would greatly improve MLB The Show so much!!!

3DO High Heat Baseball type Stats Tracking and NBA2K/MLB2K type TV Style presentation should be at or near the top of the list!

Someday please Someday soon!!!

# 266 DJ @ 12/23/15 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
These 2 things alone would greatly improve MLB The Show so much!!!

3DO High Heat Baseball type Stats Tracking and NBA2K/MLB2K type TV Style presentation should be at or near the top of the list!

Someday please Someday soon!!!
Agreed. I've been playing older MLB The Show games recently and the overall look and feel from 10 to 15 hasn't really changed. For as good as the gameplay is, the lack of innovation or change in the game's commentary and presentation really do stand out as sore spots at this point.

# 267 burjeffton @ 12/23/15 02:46 PM
The presentation/commentary has been a long-standing weak spot in the franchise, but much of me thinks San Diego needed to get past the PS3 platform before rewriting and building a new commentary engine. It's just a hunch, but I bet we'll see some big progress in these areas as the PS4 life cycle matures.

# 268 forme95 @ 12/23/15 08:56 PM
I just played one of my games in the rain. Im using real weather from MLB.com on the day of each game since there is no random weather. I really hope they add random weather to franchise. Also, I noticed when playing in rain games, that once the game gets going, you cant even tell its raining. Its cool hearing the thunder rumble, the dark clouds, but other then that, you really cant tell if its raining, or if its just going to lol.

# 269 Lisac @ 12/24/15 01:31 PM
Can anyone confirm if the Jays new dirt infield will be in the game along with the DBacks new uni's?

# 270 Chai2112 @ 12/24/15 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I just played one of my games in the rain. Im using real weather from MLB.com on the day of each game since there is no random weather. I really hope they add random weather to franchise. Also, I noticed when playing in rain games, that once the game gets going, you cant even tell its raining. Its cool hearing the thunder rumble, the dark clouds, but other then that, you really cant tell if its raining, or if its just going to lol.
If you want random weather, when you're choosing the weather, close your eyes as you scroll through the options and choose one at random. Exact same thing has having a "random weather" button.

# 271 Dolenz @ 12/29/15 04:29 PM
As a RTTS player I greatly appreciated the portion of the Blog that discussed it.

Quote:
You can also expect a more streamlined Road To the Show experience, as a new paradigm for base-running and fielding opportunities will maximize the time you spend in situations that matter. And for the first time ever in the MLB The Show franchise, you can play an entire series of Road To The Show games without ever having to navigate the main menu between games.
Those were two time killers. Playing CF and having to wait for the pitch only to see the ball get caught by an infielder was a bit annoying. And constantly going back into the menu after every game and having to reload the rosters and stadiums for every game was a pain (although the load times were much improved).

I wish they would implement a partial training point gain for simmed chances so I can turn off fielding and running entirely if I want, but not completely lose their potential points. Or sim spring training and still get a few points. I just felt forced to leave all the chances on especially early in the career in order to maximize the training points. But that just slowed down my progress as I didn't get as many games in during a play session.

And I hope they improved trading in RTTS. It is ironic that two years into the future as the Cardinals CF, the team had traded away Wainwright, Lynn, Molina, Holiday, Carpenter, Wong and Peralta and they still have Jason Heyward

You want the team to make trades to get better but what is the point of choosing to play for your favorite team if they are unrecognizable when you finally get called up a year or two into the future. Does any team have that much turnover of their starters.

# 272 Artman22 @ 12/29/15 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burjeffton
The presentation/commentary has been a long-standing weak spot in the franchise, but much of me thinks San Diego needed to get past the PS3 platform before rewriting and building a new commentary engine. It's just a hunch, but I bet we'll see some big progress in these areas as the PS4 life cycle matures.
Yes the commentary is super old and needs to be changed already. This is one of the reasons why this game feels stale.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

# 273 Syce @ 12/29/15 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
As a RTTS player I greatly appreciated the portion of the Blog that discussed it.

Those were two time killers. Playing CF and having to wait for the pitch only to see the ball get caught by an infielder was a bit annoying. And constantly going back into the menu after every game and having to reload the rosters and stadiums for every game was a pain (although the load times were much improved).

I wish they would implement a partial training point gain for simmed chances so I can turn off fielding and running entirely if I want, but not completely lose their potential points. Or sim spring training and still get a few points. I just felt forced to leave all the chances on especially early in the career in order to maximize the training points. But that just slowed down my progress as I didn't get as many games in during a play session.

And I hope they improved trading in RTTS. It is ironic that two years into the future as the Cardinals CF, the team had traded away Wainwright, Lynn, Molina, Holiday, Carpenter, Wong and Peralta and they still have Jason Heyward

You want the team to make trades to get better but what is the point of choosing to play for your favorite team if they are unrecognizable when you finally get called up a year or two into the future. Does any team have that much turnover of their starters.
the whole trading logic in RTTS is flawed. in my Closer RTTS i was like 62 overall just getting into 2nd or 3rd month in Double A and the Indians(team i was drafted by) decided to trade away their closer and bring me up. needless to say i didnt pan out so well and they threw me into a reliever role.

# 274 headzapp @ 01/03/16 10:26 PM
http://m.cardinals.mlb.com/news/arti...h-stadium-2016
Will this be in the game? I don't think it's that big of a deal, only wondering since the scoreboards in real life are going to be a little bit bigger. I don't think it would be that noticeable if it's not in.

# 275 The Gamer @ 01/03/16 11:18 PM
Looking forward to hearing more about this year's version. Big Cubs fan and their success last season has reignited a fire for video game baseball in me. Xbox one guy and former 2k diehard with a spattering of PS3 versions of the Show. haven't played the show since 2012 I believe. Really considering adding a PS4 for this game.

# 276 Factzzz @ 01/05/16 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamer
Looking forward to hearing more about this year's version. Big Cubs fan and their success last season has reignited a fire for video game baseball in me. Xbox one guy and former 2k diehard with a spattering of PS3 versions of the Show. haven't played the show since 2012 I believe. Really considering adding a PS4 for this game.
You should do it. Especially if you're a baseball fan, well worth the purchase.

# 277 ryanmc564 @ 01/05/16 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headzapp
http://m.cardinals.mlb.com/news/arti...h-stadium-2016
Will this be in the game? I don't think it's that big of a deal, only wondering since the scoreboards in real life are going to be a little bit bigger. I don't think it would be that noticeable if it's not in.

I would highly doubt that it will, since as far as I've seen there has been no images of what the scoreboards will look like, so the developers wouldn't know what they look like either to make the changes.

# 278 The Gamer @ 01/05/16 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
You should do it. Especially if you're a baseball fan, well worth the purchase.
Probably will. Hoping there are some really good deals for the system once the game comes out. Everything is looking good right now. Hope there is a reflection in the game about how well the Cubs organization is doing right now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.