Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Just announced at the PlayStation Experience, Josh Donaldson is the cover athlete for MLB 16 The Show. Will get trailer up in a bit. The game arrives on March 29, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (No Vita).

UPDATE: Here is the MLB 16 The Show trailer.

MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 forme95 @ 12/05/15 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I don't like the slow mo effect when fielding and hitting so hopefully those can be turned off.
Now in RTTS that might be fun, but I could see it getting repetitive in Franchise mode.

# 62 Spokker @ 12/05/15 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
Ok I'm gonna sound like a huge homer here, but why does SCEA hate Mike Trout?
I don't know. They could have asked him to be more involved but him or his agent don't think it's worth it.

Can SDS just pick cover athletes or use them in menus/trailers in a focused way without consulting the player's representation?

# 63 jmik58 @ 12/05/15 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I don't like the slow mo effect when fielding and hitting so hopefully those can be turned off.
Not a fan of it either, but SCEA is usually good about options where we choose our experience.

# 64 andrewochs615 @ 12/05/15 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyy2726
It's going to be very hard for me to enjoy this game without a wide variety of career stats, I know they are in the game somewhere because you are notified when a player hits a milestone like 200 career steals, it's just a matter of showing them
Agreed, if franchise mode again is neglected i may just skip it this year.

# 65 merchant1874 @ 12/05/15 04:43 PM
Pretty gutted there isn't new player models or at least realistic looking uniforms.
The bullet time stuff looks like a complete gimmick.

Closed roofs at long last but that trailer didn't really impress me.

Will still buy day one

# 66 SPTO @ 12/05/15 04:45 PM
I don't usually post in the video sections anymore BUT you know you've hit the big time Steve when your twitter post about Donaldson was used on Sportsnet's article.

OS is truly a player in the video game news world

# 67 cardinalbird5 @ 12/05/15 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Amazed how so many are quick to judge anything based on a minute and a half pre-beta gameplay trailer.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

You cannot even judge the gameplay from it. It did hint at about 7-8 new features/modes, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 68 adh5199 @ 12/05/15 05:08 PM
Dude. Gut punch about player models and jerseys and skin tones not being updated. Game looks beautiful but the game is stale without these changes. Nba 2k16 is a whole new game with individual player models and fixed jerseys.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

# 69 Knight165 @ 12/05/15 05:08 PM
OMG
Classic stadiums back?
You do still love me!!!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 70 Turbojugend @ 12/05/15 05:15 PM
Years of Ramone saying classic stadiums weren't worth the effort...

...then seeing the Polo Grounds in that trailer...

...it's enough to bring a tear to my hardened eye.

# 71 chaz526 @ 12/05/15 05:17 PM
Something to note in the blog: RTTS can now allow you to play a whole series without returning to the menu. I remember mentioning this last year as something that would seemingly be easy to implement. Glad it's in!

# 72 cardinalbird5 @ 12/05/15 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz526
Something to note in the blog: RTTS can now allow you to play a whole series without returning to the menu. I remember mentioning this last year as something that would seemingly be easy to implement. Glad it's in!

Link?

# 73 Spokker @ 12/05/15 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Link?
It's on the Official PlayStation Blog.

# 74 bcruise @ 12/05/15 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Link?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...16-on-ps4-ps3/

# 75 Turbojugend @ 12/05/15 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony
Using ShowTime, you can slow down critical moments for maximum control. ShowTime offers gamers a powerful new tool to help them excel in those big baseball moments.
ShowTime will be the first thing I disable in the options menu, but I can see it being a great feature for people who love video games more than they do baseball (and let's face it, there are plenty out there who do).

# 76 bcruise @ 12/05/15 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
ShowTime will be the first thing I disable in the options menu, but I can see it being a great feature for people who love video games more than they do baseball (and let's face it, there are plenty out there who do).
Yep, that's exactly who this feature appears to be geared towards. Not us.

And I can hear the "why are they wasting resources on THIS"? complaints starting already.

# 77 cardinalbird5 @ 12/05/15 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Thanks I read that earlier and missed that part.

# 78 AMudd1989 @ 12/05/15 05:45 PM
Psn has the details of what's in the special editions, there's also a digital deluxe edition for $99.99.
You can view the details on the psn store

# 79 ryanmc564 @ 12/05/15 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yep, that's exactly who this feature appears to be geared towards. Not us.

And I can hear the "why are they wasting resources on THIS"? complaints starting already.
For sure the complaints well be plenty, I'll admit my first reaction to it was "no, who wanted this other than brandon phillips "(I believe it was him who suggested it back in mlb14) but it might some perks to it to be useful, it sounds like at least with the batting they are trying to give you more control on where you put the ball in play.

Edit: also I'll will add this was also most likely put in play due to many complaining about the game feeling stale and relatively remaining unchanged for many years.

# 80 Stolm @ 12/05/15 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
"You can also expect a more streamlined Road To the Show experience, as a new paradigm for base-running and fielding opportunities will maximize the time you spend in situations that matter. "

More Streamlining, and more Arcadey gameplay.

This is a trend now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.