Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Just announced at the PlayStation Experience, Josh Donaldson is the cover athlete for MLB 16 The Show. Will get trailer up in a bit. The game arrives on March 29, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (No Vita).

UPDATE: Here is the MLB 16 The Show trailer.

MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 bxphenom7 @ 12/05/15 06:02 PM
They really need to make the running and fielding animations more organic. The players have such a stiff feel to them

# 82 spike83 @ 12/05/15 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
They really need to make the running and fielding animations more organic. The players have such a stiff feel to them
The running and fielding animations never bothered me but the pitching always did. The majority of motions do have a stiff and unnatural feel. From what I can see, there appears to be no change. That "other (foreign league) game" hits it right on the nose.

# 83 Factzzz @ 12/05/15 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Amazed how so many are quick to judge anything based on a minute and a half pre-beta gameplay trailer.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Meh, every year, the first trailer comes out, then people judge/complain about certain things, then certain people remind everyone not to judge so quickly because it's still early....

And then the game comes out, and the same things people complained about are still evident.

# 84 ryanmc564 @ 12/05/15 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Meh, every year, the first trailer comes out, then people judge/complain about certain things, then certain people remind everyone not to judge so quickly because it's still early....

And then the game comes out, and the same things people complained about are still evident.
Sadly there is a lot of truth to your statement, but being a yearly release game, it is too be expected that there isnt huge leaps from one year to another. That's why I've always been a proponent to sports games going on a every other year development cycle. It gives them way more time to focus on particular areas that would take more than 10 months to develop. So many already claim that most sports game are merely a schedule and roster update from year to year, so why not skip a year in between releases and add a patch for a updated roster and the next year schedule and possibly some other patch fixes or updates for a low price (just to make money from the off year) that way you get a more polished and advance game from the previous years.

# 85 videobastard @ 12/05/15 06:35 PM
Would of been great to hear gary thorne open up the trailer with welcome to mlb the show 16 along with new player models. Oh well, it was wishful thinking. At least we get sounds of the show this year right?

# 86 sydrogerdavid @ 12/05/15 06:37 PM
GUYS! I don't think you noticed, so I made some illustrations on this screenshot to draw your eye to the biggest thing to happen to The Show after the Chick-fil-A Dalmatian.

# 87 forme95 @ 12/05/15 06:41 PM
Me, imo, they dont really need to add much to the game. Just smooth some things over to make it more organic and more sim. Adding these extras and arcadey stuff isnt really needed. They have a really good franchise mode that I love. I would rather see that improved ie: more organic baserunning, pitchers stanima more realistic, more stats, better trade logic, more indepth MoM, the ability to see energy levels in the rotation and lineup screens instead of right before the game screen, and etc.

# 88 WaitTilNextYear @ 12/05/15 07:04 PM
Now if they've revamped STATS and if that "Conquest Mode" looking thing is actually there to add depth to franchise mode...hoo boy. That spells pre-order for me. The "Conquest Mode" is probably it's own mode though.

# 89 jvalverde88 @ 12/05/15 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
"You can also expect a more streamlined Road To the Show experience, as a new paradigm for base-running and fielding opportunities will maximize the time you spend in situations that matter. "

More Streamlining, and more Arcadey gameplay.

This is a trend now.
How in the world did you get arcadey gameplay from that one quote? People already with the Chicken Little reactions.

# 90 WaitTilNextYear @ 12/05/15 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
How in the world did you get arcadey gameplay from that one quote? People already with the Chicken Little reactions.
No, it's clear from this early pre-beta footage that the game is both broken and unplayable.

# 91 Stolm @ 12/05/15 07:32 PM
Quote:
I didn't get it from the quote. I got it from watching the trailer showing off the new "Showtime" feature during actual gameplay.

Maybe you haven't seen it yet?

It's the definition of "arcadey". Basically a slow motion quick-time event with on screen button prompts. During fielding and hitting from what they have shown.

# 92 ML @ 12/05/15 07:53 PM
But how am I supposed to have stone-wall up the middle defense if you guys improved hits back at the pitcher?

# 93 BravesBoy @ 12/05/15 08:35 PM
To be honest, this vid didn't blow me away. Lost of similarities from last year. Gonna wait till I see what other modes are being introduced before I get to low or high. Excited for what's in store

# 94 bp4baseball @ 12/05/15 08:40 PM
Looking forward to see more of what's to come.

One minor thing (not sure if it's been noted), but at the 0:25 mark in the HD video you can see the 2nd base umpire wearing long sleeves. I think that's new?

# 95 jvalverde88 @ 12/05/15 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
I didn't get it from the quote. I got it from watching the trailer showing off the new "Showtime" feature during actual gameplay.

Maybe you haven't seen it yet?

It's the definition of "arcadey". Basically a slow motion quick-time event with on screen button prompts. During fielding and hitting from what they have shown.
Its most likely a feature intended for casual players, everyone here on OS aren't the only ones that play the game.

# 96 Bullit @ 12/05/15 09:02 PM
Pre ordered and paid for!!

See you all in March

# 97 BravesBoy @ 12/05/15 09:14 PM
Quote:
Its most likely a feature intended for casual players, everyone here on OS aren't the only ones that play the game.
At some point, us hard core users should get a little more of the love. Gimmicky modes don't hold up for long. Not saying those modes are in fact gimmicky, we haven't seen them yet. But it has that feel

# 98 ShowTyme15 @ 12/05/15 09:19 PM
Quote:
Shouldn't expect anything less.

# 99 NDAlum @ 12/05/15 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
ShowTime will be the first thing I disable in the options menu, but I can see it being a great feature for people who love video games more than they do baseball (and let's face it, there are plenty out there who do).
The more options the merrier.

#autofield4lyfe

It was cool to finally see something about the game. I'm really interested in the franchise and what resources they put into it.

This game just has me. Quick counts enhanced my love for the series by leaps and bounds...so it's an automatic purchase for me with QC's.

# 100 tnixen @ 12/05/15 09:39 PM
I could be wrong but it kind of looks like the umpire is wearing a jacket which would be new and something that I have requested for a longtime.

I guess it's pretty cold with the roof open in Toronto. Maybe they should be playing with the roof closed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.