Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Just announced at the PlayStation Experience, Josh Donaldson is the cover athlete for MLB 16 The Show. Will get trailer up in a bit. The game arrives on March 29, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (No Vita).

UPDATE: Here is the MLB 16 The Show trailer.

MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Shakedowncapo @ 12/05/15 09:41 PM
Need to see what else they've done with Diamond Dynasty. Want them to go all out with getting fan favorite players that are retired...Not all of them had to be superstars. Glad they listened to my suggestion of throwback current players and added them!

# 102 Herschie @ 12/05/15 09:49 PM
I was so satisfied with 15, that I really can't lose if 16 sucks. I could play 15 for the next four years and be happy with it. That said, I do like the closed roof of the Rodgers Centre (This after I just got done playing in 44 degree weather in what should have been a closed-roof Miller Park), and I like the fact that the umpires finally wear jackets.

I'll miss the Vita version, but I can still play on the go as I please. I just feel sorry for those around me:

# 103 blueduke @ 12/05/15 09:56 PM
No Vita version? Oh well. Time to put my little friend on eBay. In regards to the trailer I wish just once they would show gameplay from camera angles we would actually play the game from. Not singling out Sony as other game makers do the same. Zoomed in shots are nice but for heavens sakes we never play the game from those angles

# 104 thaSLAB @ 12/05/15 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Shouldn't expect anything less.
I just want to know how you managed to get a feature named after you! Lol

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk

# 105 aguero90 @ 12/05/15 10:00 PM
And the countdown begins! I wonder what having the mlbn logo means, possible mlbn related presentation?

# 106 Spokker @ 12/05/15 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduke
No Vita version? Oh well. Time to put my little friend on eBay. In regards to the trailer I wish just once they would show gameplay from camera angles we would actually play the game from. Not singling out Sony as other game makers do the same. Zoomed in shots are nice but for heavens sakes we never play the game from those angles
At least it's in-engine. These days we get CGI trailers for most games.

But no, they did show the batter's view and it even had the scorebar display.

So yeah, this is a camera angle we would be playing the game from.

Is the green bar the "ShowTime" energy bar? I would guess you press a button to activate it and it's limited.

# 107 tnixen @ 12/05/15 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
And the countdown begins! I wonder what having the mlbn logo means, possible mlbn related presentation?

I sure hope so!!!

If done right this could do wonders for the presentation. Pre game and post game shows also with in game scoring and news updates from around the league from the MLB Network studio. Also would be really cool if Sony hired Heidi Watney to do on field interviews

# 108 tnixen @ 12/05/15 10:33 PM
This footage is pre beta so I am sure things can and will change from build to build. But I noticed that there are 2 different Scorebugs.

I like the first one that uses the red dots for outs much better then the second one that says 1 out.

# 109 aguero90 @ 12/05/15 10:41 PM
Pre and post would be so awesome! Lets hope so!

# 110 Dynasty Legend 99 @ 12/05/15 10:44 PM
Really Excited for this, it looks like they are addressing many of the Issues we all had with MLB 15. Don't get me wrong, I loved 15 but there was a lot that was left unpolished from years before. These guys are the best debs in the sports VG industry, looking forward to playing another awesome franchise in what should be another exciting installment in "The Show."

# 111 Impetuous65 @ 12/05/15 10:50 PM
I can't wait to try ShowTime, I love stuff like this and I just can't say I'm going to disable something in options without even trying it out. It may be something fresh this series need.

# 112 WaitTilNextYear @ 12/05/15 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
I was so satisfied with 15, that I really can't lose if 16 sucks. I could play 15 for the next four years and be happy with it. That said, I do like the closed roof of the Rodgers Centre (This after I just got done playing in 44 degree weather in what should have been a closed-roof Miller Park), and I like the fact that the umpires finally wear jackets.

I'll miss the Vita version, but I can still play on the go as I please. I just feel sorry for those around me:

# 113 dalger21 @ 12/05/15 11:40 PM
More stats. That's pretty much the only thing I want. Like others have said, the very first thing I would do is turn off the "ShowTime" option. That does not interest me. Am looking forward to the full list of improvements and additions.

# 114 Entiae @ 12/06/15 04:51 AM
Alright, I'm a bit biased here, but that is one good-looking cover!

# 115 Drew127 @ 12/06/15 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
More stats. That's pretty much the only thing I want. Like others have said, the very first thing I would do is turn off the "ShowTime" option. That does not interest me. Am looking forward to the full list of improvements and additions.
Yeah, if stats get anything less than a massive overhaul this year, I'll be skipping. I play sports games for their franchise mode. The Show has some growing to do to get up to par with next gen in that category.

The availability of stats, and information in general, needs to be given the attention it deserves.

ShowTime, no thanks. Two new game modes, I couldn't care less. All I want is a deep/robust franchise mode. I don't care about fan conquest and collecting cards. The direction of the game is seemingly more and more to the arcady/gimmicky side, which is a shame.

It's early yet, but I'm also not holding my breath. Only commenting on what I've seen so far. We shall see.

# 116 Cowboy008 @ 12/06/15 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Didn't the team say they would be working on adding more stats for 16 during one of those live streams they did for 15?

# 117 Pezell04x @ 12/06/15 08:41 AM
I am incredibly sad there's no Vita version. Was a staple of my Vita library.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

# 118 GibsonD90 @ 12/06/15 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I sure hope so!!!

If done right this could do wonders for the presentation. Pre game and post game shows also with in game scoring and news updates from around the league from the MLB Network studio. Also would be really cool if Sony hired Heidi Watney to do on field interviews
Heidi Watney

# 119 Blzer @ 12/06/15 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I am incredibly sad there's no Vita version. Was a staple of my Vita library.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Here's all I need... please don't cut off support of MLB 15: The Show upload to cloud feature.

But then again, I don't quite think that's how the franchise thing works. I think you can import files from previous versions, but I'm not certain you can upload files from future versions.

This is a sad time, indeed.

# 120 vidgames @ 12/06/15 11:43 AM
Give us the option to play with fictional players please...just like ncaa fb did years ago.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.