Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Just announced at the PlayStation Experience, Josh Donaldson is the cover athlete for MLB 16 The Show. Will get trailer up in a bit. The game arrives on March 29, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (No Vita).

UPDATE: Here is the MLB 16 The Show trailer.

MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Knight165 @ 12/07/15 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
We all just love this game so much and really want it to be the best we know it can be

Also I think a lot of us get very anxious around here this time of year because we are so close to a flood of info coming in.
That's quite a stretch. QUITE a stretch....
But I like the positive attitude.

M.K.
Knight165

# 162 HypoLuxa13 @ 12/07/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
We all just love this game so much and really want it to be the best we know it can be

Also I think a lot of us get very anxious around here this time of year because we are so close to a flood of info coming in.
All I know is this sneak peek got me to eject NBA 2k16 out of my PS4 and pop The Show 15 back in for a while. This game is still so much fun. Dynamic Difficulty tuned into the perfect setting for me, combined with some slider tweeks. Perfect combination of challenge and fun.

Also, I'm not ashamed to admit it. I spent all my remaining Stubs (over 26k) and purchased 26k training points for my RttS shortstop. Now he is 99 rated in every category but L/R Power, Bunting & Drag bunting, and Arm Strength. I'm guessing dynamic difficulty will be going up a bump now.

# 163 Turbojugend @ 12/07/15 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
All I know is this sneak peek got me to eject NBA 2k16 out of my PS4 and pop The Show 15 back in for a while. This game is still so much fun. Dynamic Difficulty tuned into the perfect setting for me, combined with some slider tweeks. Perfect combination of challenge and fun.
Same here, I'd almost forgotten how many ways there are to enjoy this game. This weekend I went from filling out my DD card collection to starting a 1984 throwback season to attempting to break my RttS player out of a miserable batting slump.

# 164 Armor and Sword @ 12/07/15 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Same here, I'd almost forgotten how many ways there are to enjoy this game. This weekend I went from filling out my DD card collection to starting a 1984 throwback season to attempting to break my RttS player out of a miserable batting slump.
Right on my man. Freaking right on!!!!

Look forward to all the full information coming out by January month end.

It will be a celebration for a lot of us. I am sure of that.

# 165 redsfan4life @ 12/07/15 04:55 PM
I presume Sounds of the Show will return this year?

# 166 Artman22 @ 12/07/15 05:10 PM
Glad to see a trailer this early. Saw a lot of different animations so far and that's always a plus. My only concern is the graphics and player models. I kind of expected the graphics to look a lot better. I know it's early but graphically it looks a lot like last years. Everything else looks good and can't wait to play this. Can't wait to join my usual league and be hooked for months..

# 167 TripleCrown9 @ 12/07/15 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Not very likely since the reason it's not in now is PS4-based and not game-based.

# 168 redsfan4life @ 12/07/15 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Not very likely since the reason it's not in now is PS4-based and not game-based.
Oh. I thought adding the Mp3 player last year solved the issues.

# 169 redsox4evur @ 12/07/15 05:24 PM
Quote:
Oh. I thought adding the Mp3 player last year solved the issues.
Can you save the files on the PS4 yet? Serious question, don't have one got the X1 instead. Because I think that's the issue.

# 170 Arod2k9 @ 12/07/15 05:33 PM
Can't wait for March 29th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 171 Turbojugend @ 12/07/15 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Can you save the files on the PS4 yet?
Nope, but you can play media off a USB stick... I think. If that's the case then SotS may technically be possible.

# 172 Pompeo89 @ 12/07/15 06:33 PM
Wish List:

Updated graphics and player models (NBA 2k has set the bar for all other games)

Live weather changes throughout the game. Yes you can play baseball in the rain sometimes!!

Expansion Team Mode - This was by far one of the greatest modes in the old MVP games. Pick a city, build a stadium, draft a team. Which leads me to my next topic;

Create a stadium - If MVP baseball could do it back in the day why can't we do it now??

Added depth to stats and analytics. Baseball is played by the numbers now more than ever.

Last but not least I would like to see a more robust MLB offseason for franchise mode and RTTS for the matter. RTTS offseason is obsolete so literally adding anything would be better than last year but as far as the franchise mode is concerned I really dont feel the excitement that you feel in real life when the winter meetings are going on. There needs to be rumors and hot stove reports and when it comes to signing big name free agents I'd like to know when the guy is about to sign so I can offer him one last offer before he signs with someone else. Its just like playing the lottery trying to sign someone in last years game. And most of the big name free agents would just take new deals with their current team and we know thats not the case in the MLB. This needs to be fixed.

# 173 PitholeCreek @ 12/07/15 06:51 PM
I'm very happy to see the closed roof at Rogers Centre. Assuming closed roof versions of the relevant ballparks make it into the final game, I'll likely return to the series in 2016. I definitely want to give a big thank you to the SCEA folks for addressing this issue.

# 174 catswithbats @ 12/07/15 10:55 PM
Quote:
I hope so. To me, that is the one major thing missing from my MLB the Show experience.

# 175 redsfan4life @ 12/08/15 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catswithbats
I hope so. To me, that is the one major thing missing from my MLB the Show experience.
Yeah it takes some time. But nothing more satisfying than when you finish up hearing all the correct music in each park and for each batters walk up music. The immersion is crazy.

# 176 Factzzz @ 12/08/15 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
Glad to see a trailer this early. Saw a lot of different animations so far and that's always a plus. My only concern is the graphics and player models. I kind of expected the graphics to look a lot better. I know it's early but graphically it looks a lot like last years. Everything else looks good and can't wait to play this. Can't wait to join my usual league and be hooked for months..
Graphically it looks a lot like MLB 09

# 177 Smallville102001 @ 12/08/15 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I don't think he's criticizing the portion of the post that contains the users issues.
I think he's saying that each and every year.....posters say that they are skipping....no way they are buying.....etc...blah blah blah because of some issue and and don't follow through on that promise.

So yeah....(maybe not in Smallville did/does....I have no idea...but I think he means in general anyway)....in a way he's right.

M.K.
Knight165

While I am no a big baseball fan really only watch baseball come playoff time if the giants make the playoffs. I am more of a NBA, NFL, NHL guy and with watching those sports having to work and playing the millions of other games that I play I already don't have much time to really play video games. But in the past I still got the game even though I am not a big baseball fan because I felt like the game was so good so I still had a lot of fun. How ever now I fell like the game is starting to get kind of stale and like I said I don't have a lot of time to watch games like I used to so yeah I very while may skip this year.

# 178 BSUFAN @ 12/08/15 07:59 AM
Wow, Three and half months away from release date and the " Debbie Downers " are out already complaining on a 50 sec video. Oh well at least it's getting closer to 16 coming out. Guess I will have to break out 15 again and play me some hardball.

# 179 Blzer @ 12/08/15 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
Wow, Three and half months away from release date and the " Debbie Downers " are out already complaining on a 50 sec video. Oh well at least it's getting closer to 16 coming out. Guess I will have to break out 15 again and play me some hardball.
I mean, at the same time I don't see what's wrong with it. Pre-alpha build or not, sometimes it just shows you that the direction they went isn't necessarily the direction you wanted. Or, some things remained unchanged.

By the way, I haven't really looked at the whole thread as one yet, but what are people complaining about? Player models, maybe?

# 180 aguero90 @ 12/08/15 09:43 AM
I never complain about visuals, they're just fine for me... now when it comes to sound and pbp, that's my area!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.